Indiana Public Retirement System Employee Reviews

productive and nice
Employer Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 18, 2018
Productive and nice place to work. enter in alot of data for members. entering in the information into the system was the most fun I learned about retiring. the hardest part of the job was speaking to the members about their accounts when they were upset about their money
Pros
you get your own work area
Cons
sressful sometimes
Nice place to work
Communication Specialist (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 28, 2017
The atmosphere at the Indiana Public Retirement System is relaxed. My job is to educate members about their pension plan and keep our website updated with the latest legislative information.

The hardest part of my job is gathering approvals from stakeholders in a timely fashion in order to meet deadlines.
Pros
Great benefits, paid time off
Cons
Lower pay than corporate
Great Culture and Work Life Balance
Administration (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 1, 2017
I made the move to INPRS this year coming from a large global organization and love it so far! The people are friendly and collaborative. There is a sense of meaningful purpose in what we do for our retired members. I feel this is an organization where I can grow and feel valued.
Pros
Employee benefits are great, friendly work environment, managers are engaged and approachable.
Cons
Small organization. Lots of learning opportunity though. State pay structure.
Wonderful people and a wonderful experience
Internship (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 14, 2017
I enjoyed getting to learn from the people that I was working with. Everyone was very helpful and were always willing to answer any questions I had. My experience there was very positive and enjoyable.
Mixed Feelings
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 13, 2016
Benefits and work/life balance are amazing. Unfortunately the management in some departments do not have a vision which results in the department not having a clear direction of what the goals are.
productive and fun place to work at
Oracle Database Administrator (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 21, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management. The most enjoyable part of the job is working alongside my colleagues and learning from them.
Operations Quality Management
Retirement Quality Analyst (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 24, 2014
Decent place to work though pay is not great, but benefits are good. Sitting in front of computer all day long can get tedious. Co-workers are friendly and management can be a hit or miss.
Pros
Laid back atmosphere
Cons
Job security