Indiana State Personnel Department Employee Reviews

Unethical and rely on their "sovereign immunity"
Director, Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Indiana (IN)September 1, 2018
Whether new to HR or a seasoned veteran I would avoid working for SPD if you have any ounce of integrity. Employees are expected to do as told regardless of legality and SPD operates "above the law". Overall, it was a highly negative experience.
Pros
Little to no accountability to actually perform work if that is appealing to you.
Cons
No training, leadership is clueless and most have little to no HR experience.
Dont just walk away- RUN !!
Director of Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 7, 2018
I would never encourage anyone to work for the State Personnel Department. It's all about politics. People who aren't even qualified are put in positions for political favors. Anything sent to the Governor's office is sent straight over to them to handle. There are no checks and balances.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 15, 2018
I enjoy the work I do and the manager of my department is really great. The atmosphere is positive and the people I work with are helpful and hard-working.
Great place to gain experience
HUMAN RESOURCES GENERALIST 2 - BENEFITS SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 13, 2014
Overall, I enjoy working for the State Personnel Department. Working for the State provides a great work/life balance, benefits and plenty of opportunity. I would recommend this employer to others.