Indiana University Health Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Found 1,058 reviews matching the search See all 1,066 reviews
IU Health
Unit Secretary/ Patient Care Asst (Current Employee) –  Carmel, IndianaAugust 13, 2018
I dont plan to leave IU Health u til.I retire. I U H ealth has give. me opportunity and opportunity to advice in every position i have been placed in. im grateful.
Pros
wonderful co workers
Cons
i work in Carmel and live on the far east side so right now id day its my drive home
lack of education
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 13, 2018
the job training definitely calls for revamping. The communication is horrible and there is lack of advancement. There is lack of professionalism within my department and a lack of consideration for others lives (unless you are a manager). We were expected to know things leadership didn't therefore it was difficult to ask for clarification
Excellent place
PHYSICIAN TRAINEE (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, INAugust 12, 2018
I was lucky to have the opportunity to train at Indiana University for three months. During that time, I had direct contact with patients including history taking and physical examination. I was able to identify relevant clinical findings, develop a list of differential diagnoses, assess the problem and formulate a management plan.
I really enjoyed working at IU Health
Patient Access Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, INAugust 9, 2018
I really loved working at IU Health. I would of not left if I was offered a Management job with IU Health Arnett. I really enjoyed the people I work with.
Pros
paid vacations, management
Cons
stressful at time
Clique'ish
NP (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 9, 2018
Orientation to the job was very Hodge podgy. Found 3 months into job that the group was very much - "if you didn't fit in - you didn't belong." Became a very hostile atmosphere.
Cons
Clique'ish staff
Diverse work place
PATIENT CARE ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 9, 2018
Love my job and working for iu health. Very diverse workplace filled with wonderful nurses and other staff members. Benefits are ok, as well as the pay.
Great Place
Phlebotomist Externship (Former Employee) –  West Lafayette, INAugust 9, 2018
IU Health is a great place to work for. The employees helped me so much when I needed help! They were very friendly and kind to me. I would definitely recommend working there!
Productive fast paced family like environment
Clerical (Current Employee) –  IndianaAugust 6, 2018
Fast paced productive workplace with constant learning available and room to grow. You need to be able to work on your own and problem solve quickly be self sufficient at times. Be on your feet 12 plus hours a day
Emergency Room Woes
Individual Solutions Coordinator/Senior Associate (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 5, 2018
Difficulties at work is that management is out of touch. Not enough employees working in the ER which increases stress and desire for new employees to find other employment.
Cons
30 mins lunch in a 12 hrs period Training not the same for every employee
Busy, Happy, Good teamwork from co- workers...
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 30, 2018
Open front desk check-in in the morning. Stock pt's room's. Check-in pt's and out. Get vitals, help with procedures like, blood draw's, EKG's, Computer skill's, Help other co-workers when needed. etc...
Pros
Good team work.
Cons
Good benifits.
Family-like work environment
Flight Nurse (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 26, 2018
I have made lifetime friends at IU Health. The management team and co-workers encourage you to perform at your very best, further your education and gi
Started off loving it...
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 24, 2018
When you first start you are welcomed into the company with such a great sense of care but it quickly fades.

Unless you know someone on a leadership level your chance for advancement is pretty slim. The grind into employees how there is this "career ladder" and if you follow it completely, you are most definitely able to move up, which just is not true.

Training is sub-par for the type of industry this is.
Pros
Flex time
Cons
Using PTO for holidays- which is not optional as the office closes.
Great place to work lots of room for advancement.
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 23, 2018
IU Health is the gold standard in health care in Indiana.There is a dedication for excellence. Employees take pride in doing their best every single day.
Pros
45 min. lunches.
Cons
distance
it was fun place to work
Indiana Navigator (Former Employee) –  Muncie, INJuly 21, 2018
my co workers were great, they made it easy to come to work everyday, and the job itself was really enjoyable I really loved helping people apply for insurance.
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 20, 2018
I loved the majority of my coworkers. you know women can be very catty sometimes. I loved the work but the stress could become overwhelming dealing with death on a daily basis can put you in a depressed mood.
Pros
benefits, hours
Cons
mean racist people
Over worked and under paid!
Sterile Processing Technician (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 19, 2018
Staff needs to be properly staggered to better accommodate the work load. Too many people are staffed at 7am. The work usually picks up around 11am and gets busy by 3pm. Need more 11am-7:30pm staff. New leadership is very inexperienced. Management decided to offer a higher pay and lower the standards by not requiring certification as a way to retain new staff. In doing so certified Sr tech's pay top out pay was lowered almost $6. As if that's not bad enough IU is bringing back travelers to help out until new staff is hired and trained. The hardest part of the job is not being appreciated for the work that we do. (lack of a raise this year proves this) The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing that the work we do in our department helps to save lives.
Pros
Weekends off, On the job training
Cons
High turnover rate, no incentitives
Do what
Multicultural Center Staff Member (Former Employee) –  Muncie, INJuly 14, 2018
I didn't work here. I'm only filling this out because this stupid site requires that you do so, even in the event that it incorrectly chose the wrong job.
Unpleasant, unhealthy work enviornment
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 13, 2018
If you are able to do as you're told by the "favorites", not question implemented procedures or thoughts, and have no personal opinions that may conflict with others, you should be fine.
You are part of a team
RCS Analyst, transferred to Govenment Biller (Current Employee) –  Muncie, INJuly 9, 2018
Everyone works to help the other team members out. If we find out new information about how what a particular insurance company requires we share it with the team members, such as with one insurance company we found that if a CPT code has the Modifiers 25 or 59 they will deny it for Medical records.
Pros
Flexible start time from 6am-9am, just started flexible schedules
Interpreter
Health Net Spanish Interpreter (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 5, 2018
Though my title was interpreter I often found myself being directed to manage the clinic waiting room.

I would interpret a few appointments and then be told to clean up after waiting patients.

The benefits were above average.

If I had been able to focus on my job title I would have very much enjoyed the position.
benefits
Cons
misdirection

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Indiana University Health. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.3InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

1.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight