Indiana University Health Employee Reviews

Found 1,091 reviews matching the search See all 1,099 reviews
Productive and a good place to work
Environmental assistant (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, INOctober 22, 2018
I would recommend this place to anyone. Friend. They work with your schedule. Co-workers look out for one another. Work well together. Also pull together when needed too. I wish I would have stayed with this company.
Pros
Good co-workers
Cons
Low pay
My time was not worth the pay
Sterile Processing Technician (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 22, 2018
The time and energy you were expected to give to your job was not worth the low wages you received. There was always a shortage of staff and you were expected to do the work of 2 or more people which was very hard for the morale of the employees.
Employer
Team Lead- Registration (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 17, 2018
IUHP is a great place to work, great atmosphere and great culture. I've worked here for 3 years and I feel the family love, respect from management and most of all the respect for others.
eh, pass
nurse (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 13, 2018
Keep in mind that everyone is replaceable.
No advancement ever seems to happen unless you "know" someone.
The budget drives everything. It's all about the money.
People who have no clue what your job is are the ones making the decisions that affect you -- and you are not asked or included. Or if you are it's in a cryptic manner.
Always be yourself and stay focused.
Environmental Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 9, 2018
Busy every day. Always treat people the way that you want to be treated. You never are to busy to help someone. I am a people person. Doing for others always comes natural for me. Productive and busy workplace.
Pros
Working with and meeting different people everyday.
Cons
When people had to deal with there loved ones dying.
fast paced
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 8, 2018
This was a very fun, loving, fast paced job. We could see up to 50 patients a day working with several different doctors. The management was great at the time I was there. I only left this position to have something closer to home.
Good start
Documentation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 5, 2018
This a good place to get your foot in the door. If you are interested in billing and coding, this is a good place for you. You can move around to different positions.
CMA in a very busy office
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Carmel, INOctober 5, 2018
The office was great as it was brand new and we were caring for new patients on a daily basis. What made it rough was the fact that I could not work over 40 hours. This was almost impossible as I was working with the busiest doctor in the practice. In order to keep up with making sure every patient was contacted with results, prescriptions taken care of, etc. this had to be done within 24 hours. Clocking in was a nightmare. I had 7 minutes where I could clock in for the day. The manager was always on the staff about their time. This was because her manager was watching everything. I felt like I was working for Big Brother and not a health care organization.
Pros
Possibility of career advancement
Cons
Time management
Great Place to Work!
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 3, 2018
IU Health provides great opportunities for growth and development. There are multiple departments, locations, and units - within each. The company provides tuition reimbursement. Meeting the needs of their staff is of great importance to them.
Pros
Benefits and Opportunities for Growth
Cons
Limited staff in some departments or units
Great place
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 2, 2018
Much too learn. The space is clean and the people are nice. I learned a lot. The staff help without hesitation. I would refer anyone else to work here
good place to work
LABORATORY ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Bedford, inSeptember 30, 2018
I am looking else where just because I was passed up for a promotion for a job I am going to school to do for some one with a few year more seniority. I love working there and the people I work with, I just need something with more responsibility and more challenge.
Pros
flexxible work schedule and great team to work with
Cons
short staffed making things stressful
Ok
Clinical Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Muncie, INSeptember 28, 2018
I enjoy working here, but I just need a change. I feel that I do a great job in my position so I feel that I am not wanted to progress into another job because of this.
Stable place to work
Emergency Room Registration Clerk (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, InSeptember 28, 2018
Working in the ER was a very stressful place to work but i learned a lot. There are a lot of 10 and 12 hour shifts which is good for you to get your hours in in less days.
IU Health Plans
Program Manager, Operational Integration (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 26, 2018
It is a start up Insurance company for IU Hospital. It has gone through many changes. My job has changed. The work place culture is ok. We have a diverse team.
Some departments great, some really bad
Clinical Talent Acquisition Consultant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 25, 2018
Great clinicians that do amazing work! Unfortunately there are some really bad departments and while IU Health recognizes this they don’t take steps to improve.
Good
Research Assistant/Intern-Administration (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 20, 2018
It is a great organization with a culture that is only getting better. It is an organization that is filled with driven individuals. Many good opportunities to move on up.
pretty good company to work for
SUPERVISOR - STAFF SCHEDULING (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, INSeptember 20, 2018
I enjoyed the opportunities to advance my career and all the wonderful people I had the privilege to work with. I learned a lot about being a good employee and team worker.
I love my job
Outpatient RCS Quality Expert (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 17, 2018
I enjoy my job just need to see what else is out in the world of coding. The more you learn and master then sometimes it is time to become apart of other areas to master.
Pros
remote
New office environment
Patient Access Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INSeptember 11, 2018
IU is a great company to work for. Most days were fun and relaxed but also productive. Most co-workers were nice and easy to communicate with and get along with.
Crcst
CRCST (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 6, 2018
IU is a great company to work for. The hours spent at work builds your time off and overtime was mostly available to those who wanted to take advantage of it. Education is also paid through department.
Pros
Overtime, education advancement
Cons
Short breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Indiana University Health. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Women's ratings

2.5Fairygodboss Score

0%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

0%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss