Indiana University Health

United States1,731 reviews
Found 1,731 reviews matching the search
Featured review
Indiana University Health selected this as a representative review
Great place to work and I don't intend to leave!
Management is great! Everyone is courteous and professional!

I would recommend this place to anyone! Lots of opportunities for advancement!!!
June 28, 2019
Thanks for leaving your feedback. We’re happy to hear you’ve had such a good experience. We appreciate you!
Completing regisration in a timely manor
Team work

Collection ,verify ins

Good great staff

Having tools that work

Team players and good comunication
August 3, 2020
Thanks for leaving your feedback! We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience working at IU Health. We value your input.
Very hands on, learning hospital. Thorough training. Made sure I was comfortable with being on the floor and working with patients. With the exemplary training I was able to work effective & efficiently even when short staffed.
July 27, 2020
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We’re very glad to hear that you have had such a great experience with IU Health.
Started out to be a great place and then the manager showed her true colors. She butters you up to tell her how you feel and wants to know any problems you have with the job or anyone. You spill your guts and she puts you in a room with the person you confided in her about. She has you hash it out. Then from there on there are problems down the road. Every single co worker has talked to this manager about the team captain and all stories are consistent but nothing ever changes and the leader continues being mean and grumpy and stirring the pot every single day. They feed off each other. manager has zero backbone. Toxic environment.
Pros
increased wage, great insurance
Cons
toxic environment, hard to transfer, poor management
July 27, 2020
Thanks for leaving your feedback. We’re sorry that you had this experience. We would like to learn more. If you’re willing to give us more information, please reach out to our Human Resources team at hrform@iuhealth.org and they’ll make sure your feedback gets to the right place.
I highly recommend this company. Good work/home life balance and my managers are very understanding & also want their employees to succeed and be successful. I feel they do truly care. Give good feedback with annual reviews and are regularly asking what they can do as a team/department to make things better. Wonderful work/home life balance.
July 27, 2020
We are thankful for your review! We are thrilled you love your experience working here and value your contribution in making IU Health a great place to work.
Leave a review. Help people like you.
Management constantly auditing your accounts, always looking for what you did wrong on a daily basis and if you done something right, it may not be the way they feel it should be. No recognition. Out of touch with the rest of the organization and no encouragement for growth.
Pros
Flexibility, location
Cons
Too many job functions and productivity is not realistic upon returning from vacation vacation
July 21, 2020
Thank you for taking time to give us your feedback. IU Health provides leader education and training to any team member that manages others. We want to make sure they’re set up to succeed so their direct reports can succeed as well. We’re sorry you had this experience and would like to learn more. If you’d like to give us more information about the situation, please reach out to our Human Resources team at hrform@iuhealth.org and they’ll make sure your feedback gets to the right place.
Working PRN (as needed) is good for someone who needs flexibility and doesn't need company benefits like college students. Full time employees seem satisfied with their position and benefits, but I can't speak on that personally. Biggest issue in employee culture is that support staff (security, registration, etc.) is often looked down on by nurses, doctors, etc. and will often try to override support staff's decisions/department policies on issues that are not in the scope of their job.
Pros
Working for a non-profit and getting experience in a hospital setting, night shift and weekend pay differentials
Cons
12 hour shifts, often demanding work, support staff aren't always respected
July 21, 2020
Thank you for your feedback. We’re glad to hear that you enjoy the flexibility of working PRN. If you would like to share more about your experience, we would love to listen. Please reach out to us at hrform@iuhealth.org so we can talk more about how to improve as an employer.
Fantastic Home Health and hospice team. Co workers support each other and management does listen to our concerns . I have a good life work balance and sad that I am moving and will be leaving this position
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Productivity standards
July 14, 2020
Absolutely love my unit and everyone in it. The company itself is great! Always looking out for you and help when ever they can and offer so much! I have never been happier.
Pros
Overtime, benefits, pay
Cons
Staff turnovers
July 14, 2020
IU Health is a great place to work. I feel appreciated and my managers are very helpful and understanding. The schedule is flexible and they allow for time off even if it’s short notice. My coworkers are all fantastic people and we really work together like a family.
Pros
Great coworkers, flexible schedule
Cons
Short breaks
July 14, 2020
Thanks for leaving your feedback. We’re happy to know you're having a good experience at IU Health and we appreciate you!
Do not work here!!!! The management is awful!!!! I would not recommend this place to anyone!! HR will do nothing to help you at all. They are always understaffed.
Cons
Do not work here!!!
June 30, 2020
We’re sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your time working at IU Health. Thanks for leaving us your feedback, it will be shared with the correct department. We are always looking for ways to improve.
We all work very hard and quickly to get both the cafeteria and the restaurant/ convenience store stocked and open for business We are often short on help. short on oven space to all get our products cooked steamed or baked in time to open. But somehow we all manage
Pros
Some lunch tickets up to $6.00
Cons
I talk no breaks
June 30, 2020
We are thankful for your review! We value your contribution in making IU Health a great place to work.
I worked here for almost 2 years, and I banked my PTO (so I wouldn't lose my hours) and they will not give me my PTO time that I banked. I had 70 hours banked. That means I would have well over 1,000 dollars of PTO time. They did not tell me that I would not be able to receive those hours back. After talking to HR and payroll, they told me once you leave and have banked hours, you will not be able to cash those hours out. I was not aware of this while working with IU. This is not fair. I worked for these hours and accumulated hours that I worked my butt off for and I am not honored that pay. Good luck trying to keep people IU.
Pros
Nothing.
Cons
Cant recieve my PTO time that I worked for.
June 15, 2020
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. During open enrollment we have employees check the acknowledgement of our IU Health team member handbook which talks clearly about this situation on pg. 54. At IU Health do our best to provide employees with information to make informed choices.
June 15, 2020
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. During open enrollment we have employees check the acknowledgement of our IU Health team member handbook which talks clearly about this situation on pg. 54. At IU Health we do our best to provide employees with information to make informed choices.
In the end all about the money.
Stayed several years do not like to change jobs. Could not keep an office manager. Changed at least yearly. Loved my actual job and the doctor and people worked with.
June 15, 2020
Thanks for leaving your feedback! We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience working at IU Health. We value your input and work to make changes to improve continuously.
I love working for I.U. Health. A typical day at work involves doing my job surrounded by fun loving and caring co-workers. I.U. Health cares for their team members. They have been remarkable with going above and beyond during this pandemic to keep their employees safe. They have allowed remote working for employees whose jobs were able to be moved to home. It is a fantastic to work. I would highly recommend applying to I.U. Health.
Pros
fantastic benefits, great work enviornment, flexi le schedule and so much more.
Cons
Parking is difficult for the shift I work but they do have a shuttle bus for employees.
June 8, 2020
IU will be a great place to work once their new philosophy is implemented.

Overall, I think IU Health tries really hard to promote personal and professional growth, inclusivity, creativity, and diversity. HOWEVER...these efforts mean very little and are not carried through when individual managers/directors/leadership are just plain bad at being managers.

I have never had a job where I was made to feel so incapable, unqualified and uninvested in as this role at IU Health. The management was unapproachable, inpatient, and horrible communicators. Rather than saying explicitly what they meant, they used catchy key words and phrases (probably to protect themselves and sound smart? I'm not sure) -- I found myself having to "read between the lines" constantly. I felt like I was having to interpret everything...I felt like when I asked for clarification, I just found myself more confused because they would continue to "beat around the bush", or flat out ignore the question.

I felt like I could not be myself and that every meeting was like an interview...I could never relax, because it was very apparent that they had no confidence in me as a person or an employee.

I also felt as though my leadership was unwilling to accept other ways of thinking. I wish they would have been more willing to get together and collaborate, rather than just changing my work to make it what they wanted.

It was extra frustrating to experience all of this, when colleagues at my level were having completely different experiences, simply because they were under different management. They were
 - more...
Pros
Pay
Cons
Bad culture
May 28, 2020
Thank you for taking time to give us your feedback. IU Health’s culture is one based on inclusivity and support. We are sorry that this was not your experience and will work to use your input to ensure our teams make every team member feels included, empowered, and supported.
Lack of African American Males in Leadership. Lack of support from leadership. Lack of direction with position and lack of opportunity for movement with this role for advancement.
May 18, 2020
Thank you for taking time to leave us a review. We support our team members both in and out of the office and strive to give our team members unique personal and professional growth experiences like advanced clinical training, leadership development, and tuition reimbursement. We want our team members to know they can grow their career with IU Health. We’re sorry you didn’t have this experience at IU Health and would love an opportunity to listen to any other feedback you may have at hrform@iuhealth.org so we can continue to improve.
When Covid-19 hit Indiana. I was told we would work remotely and I have kids. They only let one person work remotely, and I don't like being told one thing and it doesn't happen. This was a serious matter and I feel like my concerns was brushed off. The pay rate should increase also.
May 18, 2020
*Nurses cannot speak up for fear of retaliation &/or termination.
*IU SAYS they want nurses to work in a collaborative environment. NOT true. *Nurses opinions/concerns are NOT taken seriously & if pressed, then retaliation occurs.

*Once said goals are met within the unit, then the expectations are changed to a level of unattainability.

May 15, 2020
Thank you for your review. We’re sorry you did not have a wholly positive experience working at IU Health. We appreciate your feedback and will make sure the right department gets it. We value the opportunity to make improvements.
Job was fine, and expectations were fair but the work environment was not a good one. Internal drama and constantly changing management leaders. I worked there three years and had four different bosses.
May 15, 2020
Enjoyed my time at this location, unfortunately had to leave position to move post college graduation. Great coworkers and management. Orientation to position was a fair amount of time.
April 29, 2020
Thanks for leaving your feedback. We’re happy to know you had a good experience here and appreciate you!
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Indiana University Health. Our community is ready to answer.
Ratings from women
InHerSight Score
3.2Personal Development
3.7Career Opportunities
2.8Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight