Indiana University Health Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
No room for advancement
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 15, 2018
I enjoy what I do but there is no room for advancement. They tend to hire outside the organization and not promote from within. Often team members are not even aware of opportunities.
IUHealth IT
IT Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 12, 2018
A lot of flexibility is required for this job. Lots of troubleshooting. Some days are spent working projects, other days are spent just putting out fires.
My current job.
Logistics Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, INMay 10, 2018
Very busy in the morning staffing units with employees who called in sick.The reason I am leaving this position is relocating in Indianapolis. I am currently FTE and now the job is relocating to Indianapolis in which I have no desire to drive on a daily basis.
Worked
Medical Assistant/Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, INMay 8, 2018
I worked for this company before it was included in the IUPI. It was Bloomington Hospital when I worked there. The manger in the Lab was HORRIABLE. Did not care that you had cancer or other medical conditions keeping you from being able to do your job.
Pros
The hours at the time
Cons
Horriable manger, pay not that great
productive workplace
Patient Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 8, 2018
A typical day at work consists of assisting patients with bathroom help. Vitals are taken 3 times a shift. Sometimes as a tech, my responsibility consists of drawing blood for labs. The hardest part of the job is being on your feet for 12 hours and seeing patients decline rapidly. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to know and engaging with different patients, learning their story.
The position was a consulting position; I enjoyed working there.
Physician Trainer/Analyst Consultant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 7, 2018
The position was a consulting position.The environment was conducive for working, the culture was nurturing and encouraging. The administration was prepared for the implementation, consequently, training went smoothly.
Pros
Friendly athmosphere
Cons
I wanted to work more hours.
Clinic Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 7, 2018
Ive worked for this organization once and again as a rehire and would love to now return and possibly finish my career there.Its a great company to work for.
benefits
Cons
uniforms lol
Typical Med Surg bedside nursing
Associate Partner, Nursing and Patient Care (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 5, 2018
Your typical bedside nursing job, except behavioral patients. Good experience. Was a good first job. Lots of management turnover. Could have used more stability in the department.
Good place that is dedicated to care
Adjunct Chaplain (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 3, 2018
IU Health is dedicated to providing good patient care to its patients. The struggle is retaining a staff that is diverse enough to adequately serve the socio-economically diverse patients and families that come through the hospital.
horrible place to work
Sterile Processing Technician (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 28, 2018
Bad managements, no training system set up. employees not willing to train. no team work in department. disrespect allowed. A lot of over time offered.
NO Security
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 28, 2018
I worked at IU Health for over 13 years; My attendance record was perfect; always great reviews and praise. I was a definite team player and praised by both staff and management. I worked with management and staff across the board (all of the state) and with various vendors and companies who had contracts with our departments.

The last few years of my employment saw numerous leadership changes. My boss of 10 years was let go; my new boss of a year, whom I dearly loved, was put into another area (other building) after he returned from surgery.

Many staff either transferred or left. The whole department was quite shaken by the many changes. Another boss, then another, and then one day, without notice, I was called into my newest boss's office and told my job was eliminated. How would anyone feel with that shock...being a widow and thinking my job family was there for me.

Nope, BIG took over. I was devastated and wondering what ever had I done. I realized later that it wasn't just me; I was part of a lot of others getting the same treatment.

3 weeks later was National Secretary's Day! I always was praised on that day. That year, nothing; not even an email!

Although I think IU Health is a great place to work, a wonderful hospital for patients with some of the world's best doctors; and I love the remaining staff...the way top management looks at its workforce is the pits! It is very destructive. They seem to value the almighty dollar more than human life.
Cons
Breaks? What breaks??
IU Health
Patient Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 27, 2018
For the amount of time I was there, I really did not learn much other than to rebill claims that denied every 30 days. I had some training in one area, however it was only for 2 days and the person I was replacing who was training me started her new position at a new company.
Cons
Rewarding work and decent benefits
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 21, 2018
Constant cost cutting, lean staff, and long hours made for a stressful work environment. Working with good people made the long hours endurable. Turnover rate increasing over the last 2 years.
Pros
Good pay, decent benefits, rewarding work
Cons
Long hours, poor management
Stressful, high paced environment. Good team work
Short Stay Observation Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, INApril 13, 2018
Worked 12 hr. shift, 3 days/week. Co-Workers made the shift easier with team work focus. "Clicks" formed among many nurses made work environment poor/stressful. Good team work. Management could have "tunnel vision", not take into account "all" information for a complete picture. One sided at times. Co-workers made the shift fun & easier. Hardest part of the job was keeping up with the younger, new graduates!
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
"Clicks" among staff that can sabotage others unfairly.
Review
Patient Access Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, INApril 6, 2018
IU is very patient oriented and want the very best for their patients. I enjoyed working with everyone within IU. At times can be stressful with all the work load and heavy patient numbers.
Our team members at West work as a team to provide the best service to our patients.
Unit Secretary/Patient Care Technician (USCT/PCA) (Current Employee) –  Avon, INApril 5, 2018
Every day is different. We have our slow days and on the other hand we have days where we are extremely busy. But either way, busy or slow we work together.
Pros
Three days a week, 45 minute lunch, overtime available.
Cons
Like any job occasionally you find a few lazy co workers.
Horrible place to work
Medical Assistant Team Leader Neurology (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 4, 2018
Very unorganized, cut throat, poor management. They do not care about employees they are only about money. There is no leadership, no advancement and very dishonest with employees.
Unit Secretary
Unit Secretary/ PCA (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 3, 2018
I loved this job. I didn't leave because of management or people I needed to grow as a person an in this particular position there was no room for growth. The best part were the people I worked with and the patients I was able to take care of. Management went from good, to not so good, back to good again from what I hear. Here was a very good team environment.
Great people
Non-clinical Staff (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 2, 2018
There are some top-notch people that work at IU Health. I've enjoyed working with many of them. There is team unity and camaraderie. Team meetings keep us up to date on the overall business.
Pros
Accrual of Paid Time Off to use as sick or vacation days.
IIU Health
MRI Technologist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 2, 2018
It was a good 10 years. I felt that there was no chance for advancement at IU Health.
I enjoyed working there and the physicians were very good to work for. I enjoyed the students as well.
Pros
No advancement
Cons
Good system

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Indiana University Health. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.3InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

1.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight