Indiana University School of Medicine Employee Reviews

Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 6, 2018
IUSOM was a great opportunity, I worked one weekend per month and one evening per week for 12 months teaching in the Innovation and Implementation certificate program.
Pros
Students
Cons
Not enough time
Toxic
Graduate Research Assistant and Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 2, 2017
This is a good place for benefits, but the training one received leaves much to be desired. The department I worked for was very toxic, and management is currently enduring an overhaul.
A nice, solid, place to work.
Business and Grants Administrator (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 2, 2017
You're trading the potential for higher paying work for a job that is secure & less stressful. Great place to work if you have a family. To each their own!
Pros
Secure, time off, health benefits
Cons
Lower paying than most jobs
good
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 30, 2017
Great opportunity to learn many new skills. Supervisors and advisers were always available to teach new techniques. Campus was always clean and very safe.
OK but pay not that great
Clinical Research Specialist (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 27, 2017
Training was not that great.
Alot of staff backstabbing.
No SOPs for procedures so staff just does things however they want.
Then if things arent done correctly then management wonders why.
Pros
6 weeks PTO.
Cons
Pay is under market value for same positions in this area.
the company name change
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 19, 2017
I have worked for the same company since 10/6/03 the only difference is the name change and well more responsibility which I love. I love learning new things.
Pros
learning new jobs
Cons
drive
Terrible
Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 8, 2017
I was hired without an interview. I was told I'd be trained. Yet my young unseasoned boss couldn't train me and couldn't give any direction or guidance. After only 3 months she told me I wasn't a fit and was fired. I was not even written up or warned or anything. I think she was unfit of being a supervisor. In my opinion She was running the show because her boss was too timid. In my 30+ years experience I have always been promoted and given more responsibility. I have never in my life seen anything like this. And the kicker....I moved for this job. Now I'm in the market trying to interview and explain why I left. IU is terrible. I would not recommend it to anyone, ever.
Pros
Cons
Leadership has no training, cannot give guidance, HR is terrible
Great
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 7, 2017
Great experience, learn to conduct a good practice , nice environment, exposure to science updates, learn to work in a group , team work, make new friends
Great benefits and stable employer
Business Manager (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 29, 2017
IUSM is a wonderful place to work. The benefits are wonderful, and the work/life balance is great as well. This is a perfect place to work if you want a steady paycheck and want to stay in a job for years.
Pros
Flexible schedule; great people
Cons
Low compensation
Family Owned and Operated
Clinical Research Technician (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 21, 2016
Family owned and operated establishment that is a staple to the community and I.U. alumni. The business continues to expand and provides a consistently delicious product.
Excellent place to work
Web Developer (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 9, 2016
What more can I say? The people there are fantastic and the support is great.

The focus is simple - to recruit and graduate outstanding doctors for Indiana. Additionally to provide support for all sorts of interesting research that would benefit the residents of Indiana for their long term health care and prevention.
Excellant place to work
Accountant (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 7, 2016
Excellent place to work. Everyone really cared about their jobs and the work that they did! Everyone really enjoyed their day!
New environment for me
Senior Administrative Secretary (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 6, 2015
I worked very hard and was learning new processes. I did have some very nice people that I worked in the office with everyday that were light hearted and made the work day enjoyable. These folks would do anything they could to help me as I was learning.
Pros
Flexible in what time you got in and with comp time.
Cons
Some of the management staff were hard to please.
Largest Medical School
Office Manager, Dean's Office (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 15, 2015
Working for the largest medical school in the country certainly has its challenges, but that's what I love! I am given the opportunity to be creative, solve problems, and work as a team.
Dedicated staff
(Statewide) Internal MedicineClerkship Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 2, 2015
The staff and physicians that make up the Department of Medical Education are motivated and dedicated to providing learners with access to best practice methods in order to prepare them for working in the medical field.

I enjoyed being a part of how engaged everyone was with the students and clinical educators.
w
Clinical Research Technician (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 31, 2015
Working for Indiana University School of Medicine in Indianapolis was a wonderful opportunity. I was encouraged to learn and advance my skills.
Lab job
Histology Technician (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 30, 2015
General histology lab work with bone research.

Mechanical testing of bones, work in excel, work with solutions, plastic and paraffin sectioning.
Stressful but rewarding
Director of Finance and Operations (Current Employee) –  South Bend, INMarch 15, 2015
I love the versatility of my current position. Performing a variety of tasks and wearing multiple hats on a daily basis allows for each day to be different.
excellent place to work
Manager of IT Planning (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, IN 45202December 4, 2014
Indiana University is an excellent place to work. It provides many opportunities for learning and advancement. IU is challenging but never boring.
Pros
excelent growth oppotunities
Cons
can feel too large if used to a small organization
Site Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 24, 2014
Good dosimetry program. I enjoyed working with the instructors as well as the students.