Indiana University
4.2

Indiana University Employee Reviews

United States423 reviews
Flexible Hours
Workplace provided astonishing flexibility with hours for students and non-students. A typical day at work encourages employees to engage in consistent teamwork and food guideline following.
Overall positive departmental work environment
The institution truly cares about the success and wellbeing of their students, faculty, and staff. The work environment and campus culture was positive overall.
Great University
Worked here for a paid internship in athletics. Great University and environment to be apart of. Great conference great staff and overall great small college town.
Good town
Bloomington is a good town. Low crime, fair cost of living. Good restaurants. Lot of nice students. Great place to walk and exercise! B-Line trail is great.
Best place to work
Indiana University is the place where you will have a good work life balance at the same time you will have the opportunity to learn and excel. The management is really nice too.
Share your experience
Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.
Hours are generally flexible
There's always hours for you to pick from. It's a great way to get some spending cash as a student but hard to pay bills or rent from the hours you get.
Flexible
IU professors are here to help students. Whenever you need extensions or breaks and can give a valid reason why, the professors are here to help however they can.
Depends on which department you get to work to
The culture in professional school is very strict. Some expectations are outrageous. The IU is a great place but it's important that what department that you pick.
Great place
Great place all types of cool things went on here
The bosses were cool and you get free coffee

And at 6 am free coffee is a pretty great thing so like nice
Effective and Focused
With bi-weekly team meetings and a well laid out curriculum, I always felt I was able to be well prepared for lectures, labs and office hours. The overall team experience was positive and led to a workplace that cultivated learning and growth.
Indiana University
I truly enjoy teaching for IU. They have an amazing Nursing Program. The staff and employees there are amazing and are excellent about helping students to succeed. They have plenty of resources available to their students and faculty. Working for this company is truly an experience that I value and appreciate.
Great place to work. People are very nice and friendly. Good for school and higher education. Remote are but closer to Indianapolis and buses run from Indy.
Pros
Free parking
Cons
Rural
Great colleagues and a progressive approach to education
I very much enjoyed working in the School of Education at IUPUI!! My colleagues there were very communicative, professional and concerned. We had many good meetings and discussions.
Flexible work environment.
Flexible work environment and excellent benefits have outweighed the negative aspects of the job, such as funding not being secure since my position is paid off of a grant.
Good research/funding and beautiful campus
Some really good mentors. Collaborative grants provide opportunities for graduate students to work together. Beautiful campus. Awesome IT services and libraries. Awesome museum and Music department (performances at good prices). Not too cold.
Productive and Fun Job
It's a fun place to work. My team and managers are really good people and easy to get along with. I feel challenged and valued in my job and I enjoy being able to help people.
productive and fun
Being a bookseller for IU Barnes & Noble was a great experience. employer was nice and thoughtful. The workplace was fun and productive. I enjoyed my time there
Too many Queen Bees and not enough Worker Bees
The most difficult part of the job is dealing with all of the faculty that think that they are more important than the other faculty. Everything they want done is a priority so nothing is a priority.

The work culture has changed considerably so it feels more like a job and less like a career.
Purposeful, valuable job in an inclusive, welcoming environment
I loved working for Indiana University. It was the best job I've ever had. I worked as a teaching and research assistant for a professor and was able to work both remotely and on-site. I mostly worked with my professor and students, but was also able to work solo and off-site when needed. The university has a beautiful campus, nice classrooms, and a wonderful staff. I highly recommend working there.
It was a very interesting, exciting job . When u worked u never knew what cities or counties you would be working it made it interesting. It was interesting working with teenagers.
Great
Great benefits. Quiet workplace. Friendly environment. Love helping the students. Lots of vacation and sick time. Definitely understanding when it comes to family emergencies.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Indiana University. Our community is ready to answer.
4.2
Women's ratings

4.0Fairygodboss Score

75%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

75%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.