Indiana Wesleyan University Employee Reviews

It’s not what you think
Corporate Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Marion, INMay 11, 2019
I was so excited to get a job with the university. However, when I finally got my foot in the door, I realized that it was not what I expected at all. People are not as friendly as you’d think, especially being in a Christian environment. There was a lot of gossiping, competing, and cliques. If you were not a college graduate, you were made to feel like you didn’t matter. There were a lot of inappropriate racial comments made to me and around me regarding other people. I felt so oppressed by being there. The workload is crazy insane too. They don’t pay you enough for the amount of work you are required to accomplish. I certainly do not miss it at all.
Pros
Bonuses and employee events
Cons
Everything else
Christ-Centered Work Place
Director of Sports Information (Current Employee) –  Marion, INMay 10, 2019
Indiana Wesleyan is a Christ-centered work place that places a high emphasis on faith in all that is done. Beautfiul campus with many high quality employees.
Terrible management. Stooges.
Corporate Representative, Account Manager (Former Employee) –  RegionalApril 10, 2019
One of the worst places to be employed. Low, low, I mean low morale and salary. Management has no clue how to grow enrollment or treat its employees with respect. Run away, fast. Your worst nightmare. The enrollment managers are blowhards.
My Review
Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Marion, INMarch 11, 2019
My typical work day is only 3 hours, as I am only part time. I sit at a computer where I input information about incoming freshmen and their siblings.
review iwu
Employee (Current Employee) –  United StatesFebruary 7, 2019
great company, people and total work environment. aware of challenges and open door policy to address opportunities and maintain focus on company mission
Unfair
Crystal Lake MHP - Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Delaware, OHJanuary 22, 2019
Did not follow through with the promises made to employees regarding bonuses and commissions earned. They set goals in such a way they were impossible to meet.
Loved the people I worked with.
IWU National & Global (Current Employee) –  Marion, INJanuary 3, 2019
Some managers were great, some others not so great. Great loving, Christian atmosphere. Staff were not always listed to when concerns were brought to light.
Pros
Christian environment
Cons
Some full-time faculty not held accountable.
Box office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Marion, INDecember 16, 2018
Indiana Wesleyan University makes having a job along with passing your classes due able. They are encouraging and truly care about your success. I would recommend it
Can be great, but not for everyone
Chaplain (Former Employee) –  Marion, INNovember 6, 2018
I believed in my direct leadership, but higher ups were hard to communicate with and caused issues with morale. To be fair, I was a student worker - not full time.
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Merrillville, INOctober 23, 2018
The University is a very positive, encouraging and supportive place to work. There is a culture of excellence, healthy competition, and scholarship across the campus.
Great christian atmosphere
Adjunct facilitator (Current Employee) –  Marion, INOctober 16, 2018
Wonderful place to work. As long as I stay within the general guidelines, I am free to operate as I please, meeting the needs of the students. The work is sometimes difficult, but overall, it is a great place to work.
Great Place to work
Senior Program Representative (Current Employee) –  Marion, INOctober 2, 2018
Great place to work. They offer employees great benefits and opportunity. Fast-paced environment with the God-centered atmosphere. A good culture that is attentive and proactive to the staff.
Great place
Senior Program Representative (Current Employee) –  Marion, INAugust 30, 2018
I really enjoy the atmosphere and culture of the school. I also like working in the field of education. I am more and more concerned about the sales environment it is turning into,
Pros
Great school
Cons
High pressure sales goals
Fun and Relaxed Environment
Master's Clinical Intern (Former Employee) –  Marion, INAugust 13, 2018
I love how the employers and the employees genuinely care about each other and the communication is very effective. The environment was relaxed, fun and made it easy to want to go to work everyday.
Faith based education
Adjunct Accounting Instructor (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 3, 2018
Enjoyed the opportunity to teach and instruct adult learners. This university is best at allowing you to utilize your methods of instruction combined with their learning processes and technology that stimulate learning.
Pros
Freedom to instuct in your own way
Cons
Locations
Encouraging and stable employment
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Marion, INJuly 31, 2018
IWU is a Christ centered University that allows employees to live their faith through their jobs. For the area of Marion, the wages and benefits are competitive.
it was just work study
Cafeteria worker (Former Employee) –  Marion, INJuly 5, 2018
It was just a work study job to have a little bit of extra spending money , but it was fun to meet all the different people from so many different places
Adjunct Faculty - Econmics and Finance
Adjunct Faculty (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJune 25, 2018
Usually met with students twice a week from 6pm to 9pm for classroom presentations. Homework and exams processed outside of classroom time.

I learned that presenting academic material from relatively dry and analytical subjects required regular improvement of classroom presentation styles and techniques. The students were all adult learners which increased the pressure to link practical applications of the material. This was also the most challenging part of the job.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the classroom presentations and student interaction.
Pros
Well prepared teaching guides from IWU.
Cons
Sometimes it was very challenging managing student expectations.
Productive and Fun Environment
-Desk Worker (Former Employee) –  Marion, INJune 11, 2018
It was a great job for a college student because I was able to work on homework without it getting in the way of my job as well as enjoy free performances.
Pros
easy and simple with a heavy class load
Cons
little pay, but I did not apply for many hours and it was a popular position
Iwu
Regional Director for Southern Ohio (Current Employee) –  West Chester, OH 45069June 11, 2018
IWU is a family friendly environment and emphasizes that employees keep family first. I like the diverse work staff and see how it has become a family outside of the home.
Pros
flexible
Cons
leadership