Individual Advocacy Group
Happiness rating is 56 out of 100

Individual Advocacy Group Employee Reviews in Romeoville, IL

Romeoville, IL42 reviews

Supportive teammates

I enjoy working with the clients and staff. The staff support me in my goals and I like working one on one with the clients and helping them. It is a nice place to work.

Not a good place to work. Pay is too low

They pay nothing for all they want you to do. You have to give up your life. Management doesn't know how to communicate. They other staff tell you.

Individual Advocacy Group insights

Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Sense of belonging

Undervalued

Staff are often undervalued at IAG. The upper management/corporate (beginning with the CEO), does NOT care for staff. Staff who work hard and go over and beyond are often penalized. The hard workers are looked over. There are NO raises nor incentives to remain employed at the company. IF you report something wrong, depending who it is, management will cover it up. Again, it begins with the CEO who shows no compassion for staff or their situations. She constantly make it aware to staff she is the boss and runs her company the way she sees fit, regardless of the circumstance.

Pros

Meeting great co workers

Cons

Management, Hr, pay, raises, over worked and under paid.

Na

Nothing good to say at this time. Do everything in kindness. May we all remember to be the voice for those who are voiceless. Advocate for the oppressed.

Very bad turnover rate

This job has no room for growth. They hire anyone even the unqualified. They have very dangerous clients that could potentially harm or hurt you. They pride themselves on taking the worse of the worse

Clean and diverse workplace

This company really had empathy for the mentally ill and the vision that the CEO has was tremendous. The supervisor was nice to work for, the facility was clean, and working with this type of clientele was very rewarding.

Loved this job but had to switch Availabiliy

This was a great job and company to work with. I worked at IAG for many years, I unfortunately had some life changes and had change my availability & location.

Loved my clients and hated to leave them .

I got along with staff good and upper management was good to me to . Dr.Bennet was awesome behavior was great always willing to listen you your views to try to help solve issues . Director were awesome .

Worst place ever!

This place is truly full of emotionally and professionally abused staff. DSP's are over worked or not qualified to handle the serious mental health issues of the clients. Middle management are given multiple jobs and duties with no clear direction or time to complete tasks. Stressful environment.

Direct Support Person

While working at IAG, there was a lot of cons that could of been worked out. The facility ranges from 21-80yrs old with intellectual disabilities and server behavior problems. The management was very poor. Issues were never handle when it came to the staff and clients and the pay was very poor for the issues that we encounter on a day to day base. I would not recommend this facility to anyone.

Good Job just underpaid

Good Job , just underpaid workers. Nice coworkers . The children just need a little guidance on how to live and maintain on their own in this world. But it’s a good job

Pros

Great Co workers

Cons

Underpaid

Clients are not the problem, it is upper management

With this field, I have learned it is not the clients yet the upper management. Constant undermine from CEO. The great workers are often fired or frowned upon while the workers who does nothing close to their job are praised and promoted. Not a safe environment and no room for advancement. Culture and morale for staff dives very deep into depressive. The depressed culture trickles from the CEO all the way to the clients unfortunately. If it were not for the decent pay, this would be the worst company. Granted they pay great wages, however many has taken a pay cut to leave the environment.

Pros

Meet great people staff, contact great clients, connections

Cons

healthcare, no benefits, Ceo, upper management

Great Place

I work with a group of helpful people. Its a great place to work and learn new skills. The flexible hours allow you to do other things. the Individuals that you take care of are sweet and funny.

Pros

Staff works together

meh

Depending on the people you work with and your/their temperament this work takes a lot of patience and understanding. If you have an appointment after work prepare for anything relief may not be there on time if come at all. Management may be available when you need them if you are lucky. The individuals are the best part of the job.

great company

great company there is just no befits at the like having 401 k. Great ceo excellent staff. Very professional staff and director. clients are great nice

Pros

2 or more off days

Cons

not a enough staff

very flexible shift

It was a great to work with while I was preparing to go to school. I worked with mentally ill individuals. I loved the job. This job had flexible hours to fit my life style

Pros

able to move around

Cons

not enough money

Every Day is a New Adventure

I start each day with smiles from the individuals' faces. If you are good at your job then they are just as happy to see you as you are to see them! We assist them with getting ready for the day and safely transport them to their Flexible Day Experience. Sometimes I come in to help out with class room activities. It is a blast!

Pros

Smiles are free

Cons

I would like more opportunities for overtime

Develop good relationships with the two Managing Directors. Felt that this firm really made a difference in children's lives.

Our family lived in Illinois where I was employed at this firm. Hands on experience in working with children with difficult circumstances. This firm made a difference in families lives and I was happy to be able to contribute.

Pros

Flexible schedule.

Cons

I would still be working for this firm if we stayed in Illinois.

Management team

This place is do as I say or your out. Too many chiefs and not enough Indians. Very unorganized place the clients are all over the place no respect for staff

Pros

Not good

Cons

Dont work with staff send them to different houses hours cut if they dont like yo

Enjoyable and team work plus experience

The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to assist others in their daily needs. Working with co-workers who see no I in team is very rewarding. Everyday is a new challenge and opportunity for me to gain more experience.

Hostile stressful and cruel CEO

IN MY opinion the CEO is very negative and abusive toward her employees which means constant turnover and unhappy employees who don't get to do the job they are hired for there in the first place. The individuals take second place to being at the CEOs availbility 24/7, if you are a Q like I was you have a cell phone assigned to you that has to be on all the time and she or someone she assigns will call you back to back until you pick up and yell at you about why you did not pick up the first time. This is unreasonable for employees. If there are no problems she creates them and then screams and swears and belittles at anyone and everyone. Like once when I was there she made one of her employees send cookies to direct care staff workers but she does not EVER do anything herself to show appreciation for anyone. She loves to talk about herself and all her accomplishments, over and over, and belittle everyone around her, ESPECIALLY in front of a group of people. She also talked about all of her employees behind their backs when I worked there, even to other employees, and in front of me, and ALWAYS pulled our supervisors away for hours or days at a time to have long meetings where she can scream at everyone and talk about how wonderful she is and how awful everyone else is. We had work assigned that had nothing to do with our jobs we were hired for and even when that was done she would find a reason to scream at us for it being wrong somehow, and especially our supervisors who got it worst. I would never ever ever recommend a friend or anyone else for that mattter to work here -

Pros

working with the individuals, closeness with coworkers to basically survive

Cons

CEO is abusive, morale is awful

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Individual Advocacy Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits