Industrial Staffing Employee Reviews

Love them
Construction Worker (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNApril 19, 2019
I would Return back to industrial with no problem because they take care of their employees with no problem they pay you on time and they are the only one pushing forward on the job no matter what the circumstances are
depressing and undesirable
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALApril 15, 2019
A typical work day as a industrial staffing employee is depressing, long, and trying to name a few. The pay is low and the smell of beginning a temporary worker is humbling.
Pros
At lease you're working
No benefits, slow to respond
Contracted Employee (Current Employee) –  New JerseyFebruary 21, 2019
First things first: I was hired by a company that simply does payroll through Industrial Staffing, which means that IS did NOT place me. I had a placement, and then IS took care of my payroll and other official documents.

I can't complain about the job itself. I worked on and off for a good company for 3+ years. I was paid well, my work environment was good, and I liked my colleagues. I have actually continued to work there for a while because the job has been pleasant. I have a master's degree and I'm not underemployed. But I don't think the company can take credit for that much, since I was never placed directly by them.

My biggest complaint about the company is the benefit situation. There is NO paid vacation, ever. They did not introduce sick pay until it was legally mandated to do so. They did not have health insurance benefits until it was legally mandated to do so. They have always, and I imagine WILL always, provide ONLY legally mandated benefits. No paid maternity leave, and when I inquired about options through the state (temporary disability, state family leave, etc.), the HR people were absolutely completely inept. They couldn't even effectively tell me about my options. I had to do my own research, and even then they were unhelpful. I was out for 12 weeks and probably could have gotten partial pay for all 12 if the company had even attempted to help me with forms, etc., but I got only 6 weeks of partial pay because they weren't willing to help me get state benefits (which I needed them to do in order to submit). Any time I reach out with a question, it takes
  more... days to respond, and sometimes I don't get a response until my employer contacts Industrial Staffing on my behalf to get a response. Very little care shown.

I feel that any company that doesn't offer benefits until/unless the government requires them to do so--and even then, only the barest bare minimum--doesn't truly value their employees. It's difficult to have zero paid vacation, and I feel that after working with them for 3 years, I should get SOMETHING. Health insurance options are again only bare minimum.
Pros
I personally had a good workplace and good pay.
Cons
No paid vacation, bare minimum health care and sick pay options, no company-sponsored paid family leave
fun ware house
quailty inspector (Former Employee) –  LaGrange, GAJanuary 17, 2019
job was easy in a warehouse nice environment cool in summer cold in winter just not paid enough money but overall great people to work for would recommend
Great Company to work for.
Assembler (Former Employee) –  South Boston, VADecember 13, 2018
Industrial staffing is a great company to work for. When I was employed by them they were always dependable with answers and did everything possible to set you up for success. My pay was always on time and accurate.
Pros
Exceptional Staff
Cons
They expect you to be the person they see from your resume.
A great place to work but should have more hours to work
Work for twins stadium cleaning seats (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNNovember 23, 2018
Should have more hours like 40 he's a week I guess it all depends where you work at 40 hrs a week would be a good idea if it is guaranteed.So I'm going to try again and see how everything works out.
Industrial staffing
Loading trucks (Current Employee) –  Nashville,TnOctober 6, 2018
I worked for them on several jobs. Wages nothing less than 10.00 a hour. Staff very nice. Helpful cheerful. I got hurt last job. A employee jumped me. Industrial manager came to my defense.nose broke occital bone broke. But they was on my side. They showed concern for me. I didn't lose my job.and guy who this didn't lose his Job either.
Pros
Paid daily or weekly
Cons
Employees who works for there company .
Good Temporary Job
Captain- Head Waiter (Former Employee) –  New JerseySeptember 5, 2018
The management is family owned so sometimes the owners disagree, but always hade the back of both the clients and the employees they were good owners and hired pretty good managers
It was ok
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Melrose Park, ILAugust 30, 2018
Ok place to work not bad not great a few things could’ve definitely been ran differently for sure the days would b long sumtimes doubles learned how to deal with a lot of different people management was a lol laid back sumtimes to laid back it was a laid back work place fast past but relaxed
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Really late hours
Slow paced and very cut throat
Wrap Guard (Former Employee) –  Hope Hull, ALAugust 21, 2018
It was ok as a job fresh from high school. I did meet some very great people but the management was terrible. In the end it was still work experience and I am grateful for it.
Pros
Great People
Cons
Short breaks and poor management
About work
People Greeter (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYAugust 12, 2018
I like the attempt but it don't pay as well but you work as hard i feel like they just use you but then again it's a attempt then the management is not all the way up there the breaks is only 25 min
Pros
On time
Cons
Never late
Job was great
Staffing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MIJuly 11, 2018
I felt like I wasn't trained property an I would've love to stay at the job for many reasons an for long time they just didn't show me everything that needed to be done so when it wasn't done right they would yell instead of showing me properly
Average temp job
Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMay 11, 2018
I did not feel like they gave me enough hours. I was not making much money at all. It was a temp job. there were not any advancement opportunities. I had to look for something else.
Fast paced
Order Selector/Packer (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALApril 11, 2018
The pay could have been better and the staff sometimes were unprofessional. The environment was open and there was room for improvement for women workers
Productive and fun work place
Production/Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Social Circle, GAMarch 17, 2018
I would reccommend this job to my friends....something people have to understand it only a temp service. They trying to help u get to in position for hire. Its up to u weather or not u get hired.
Pros
Great service
Cons
a fun place to work if thats wat u like
Stocking (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMarch 5, 2018
Its ok if u can't find a better job that fits your character. Hours are kind of slow and pay isn't so much. Then they charge u 5 dollars to take u theyself
Cons
Ok work for someone that just need a boost off their feet
Litter Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALFebruary 20, 2018
The pay here isnt great and the jobs u receive are ok but i consider this place a good place to work if you down on your luck and just need some work to help you get started on making money again.
Pros
different job offers
Cons
low pay and no benefits
Excellent place to work.
Owner Manager (Former Employee) –  Concord, CAFebruary 12, 2018
I loved working in the Industrial Staffing business which provided me an opportunity to use my own ideas and creativeness and to build a large employee and client base. I built this business from the ground up and advanced very quickly to manager and then part owner. I loved the fast-paced environment. It was a very gratifying job finding employment opportunities for my employees and supplying my clients with qualified applicants.
Pros
Advancement and developing client & employee relations.
Cons
On-call a lot, long hours.
Mom and Pop Operation
Administrative Assistant to Area Manager (Former Employee) –  LaGrange, GAFebruary 12, 2018
Lining up recruits for automotive industry - very hectic and time sensitive.

This company has been bought and sold and currently under new name and management.
Pros
nice people
Cons
not very stable
An unbelievable fast-paced Industrial Staffing Company environment. It gets in your blood and I thrived in that atmosphere
Owner Manager (Former Employee) –  Concord, CAFebruary 6, 2018
The best job I've ever had. I loved the fast-paced and competitive nature of Staffing. It was very gratifying finding jobs for the qualified applicants. I moved up very quickly and soon became owner of this Industrial Staffing Company. It still ranks as one of the top 10 in the nation and I am very proud of my involvement and my ability to make it succeed.