INEOS Employee Reviews

good compensation
Project Director (EPC Manager) (Current Employee) –  TexasJune 5, 2018
Good place to work, micro management style of operations and strict adherence to procedures, continuous training regarding the work place and work methods
Pros
compensation
Cons
budget control
Chemical Board Operator (Current Employee) –  Whiting, INAugust 15, 2012
I work 12hr shift both days and night. Nights seem to be a little more challenging but since I’ve been working nights over 20 years I've got use to them. Every day may bring new challenge so you can't get complacent that’s what I like about the job. I don’t have a problem with management because in my opinion if you do what you’re asked to do there will be no problems. I am team player and work well with others. I am also willing to take on tasks alone. The part that can become difficult is working with others that are not focused on the task at hand. I enjoy being with my co-works because we look out for each other. We spend so much time together we have become like family.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
time away from family due to long hours
Plant life
Process Operator Intern (Former Employee) –  Alvin, TXApril 24, 2018
It wasn't to bad, it was just different to adjust to the culture but all in all not a bad place to work. I would recommend it to anyone who tried there.
Management - overall poor
API Inspector (Former Employee) –  Alvin, TXMarch 1, 2018
Inspection management was poor at this site. They don't even trust their own employees to perform their daily task without question. Every little thing was micromanaged, I have worked at many locations and this by far was the worse.
Cons
Must work hard to progress
Other (Current Employee) –  League City, TXMay 8, 2018
Great pay especially bonus (for all employees); fast paced; INEOS wants problem-solvers that take initiative. Better be prepared to work in a team...the lone wolfs will not make it.
CHEMICAL OUTSIDE OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Whiting, INApril 8, 2018
Ineos was a place that I plan on retiring from. The training on the job was awesome and the employees were great to work around. I was disappointed when they closed the plant down and I was one of the employees who stayed all the way to the last day of closing.
Good place to make money. Make sure you dont do or say anyrhing to upset the managers. Keep things to yourself
Olefins (Current Employee) –  Alvin, TXJanuary 5, 2018
This place will allow you to make a ton of money. Just do what you need to do. No benefit for going the extra step. The only thing that gets you is extra work.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Managers will not support you
Temporary
Administrative Assistant/Mail Clerk (Former Employee) –  Alvin, TXFebruary 10, 2018
It was a good relaxing laid back place of employment. Well trained. I learned a lot from this position from engineering to drafting. I would go back to work here.
Great company and people
Admin Assistant, CBW Site Director (Current Employee) –  Alvin, TXDecember 3, 2017
Since I have been with Ineos I have experienced great people and work skills. Ineos is a great place to work. Safety is number one. THere is career advanvcement.
A horrible place to work
operations (Current Employee) –  Carson RefineryAugust 30, 2013
The operators are constantly backstabbing each other and the management is TERRIBLE. Management pretty much picks and chooses when they want to enforce rules...according to who it will effect. They could careless about the operators and constantly practice favortism. HR is completely blind to the incompetent management they have in the plant and the way policies are manipulated. To make matters worse, the union rep is the biggest snake of them all. Operations has zero respect for management and most contractors that work in the plant. Money is great but the drama and stress is far from worth it. Truly a miserable place to spend your career.
Pros
good pay
Cons
management, back stabbing, miserable co workers
INEOS is a horrible place to work.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Addyston, OHAugust 2, 2014
As a former employee of 37 years, a typical day for me was building relationships with the customers. Always making sure they had plenty product to keep their facilities running. I always kept in touch with the customers from the start of the shipment to the ending of their shipment. The customers were very pleased with me. Now management on the other hand was very hard to deal with. It seems that they were never satisfied.
Pros
Insurance and pay was good. Co-workers were very helpful.
Cons
No job security. Too many cliques, if you were part of the cliques you were good, but if not, they would make it very bad for you.
be carefull
operator (Former Employee) –  Vero BeachNovember 25, 2014
Good pay but terrible managements. The operators are constantly backstabbing each other and the management is TERRIBLE.No parts to replace,always stealing from one machine to install it on the other. Management suck, pretty much picks and chooses when they want to enforce rules...according to who it will effect. They could careless about the operators and constantly practice favortism. HR is completely blind to the incompetent management they have in the plant and the way policies are manipulated. And the worst is that it is the only company that pay well in Vero Beach, so after moving to Vero Beach, you get stuck here.
Pros
good pay
Cons
management suck
Manufacturer of petrochemicals and oil products
Shipping/Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Whiting, INJanuary 14, 2013
The day would normally begin with passing through security gate and checking in lab to see if any packages were delivered for warehouse.
If so I would take package into warehouse to be checked in and entered into SAP system for inventory. I worked closely with merchant and journeymen who's responsibility was to fix. repair and maintain the operating resources to produce solvent, synthetic oils, modern plastics and preserves for food and drink. The hardest part was working around a chemical facility, that without warning something could explode. I enjoyed working with other professionals who really took pride in their field of work.
Pros
the pay, location and day shift no weekends.
Cons
safety risk
Great Worker and Easy Learner
Foreman (Former Employee) –  Texas City, TexasNovember 25, 2014
I learned how to be a diligent and fast past worker at the same time. Working at Ineos I had the opportunity to meet a lot of great people and management. The hardest part was sometimes putting in extra hours to make sure the job was completed to it's best ability. The most enjoyable part was being able to learn new traits and experiences to help me in the future with whatever company allows me an opportunity to become a part of the organization.
It was a good job great people to meet and work with.
Helper (Former Employee) –  La Porte, TXJuly 1, 2017
It was a fun experience to work with that company. Most of the days were easy and some days were not. All they worry about is safety because everyone wants to go back to their family.
Pros
Had good hours
Cons
Short breaks
Good Company
IC&E QC Construction commissioning Superintendent (Former Employee) –  La Porte, TexasJuly 19, 2017
I enjoyed working with the Ineos Team of professionals. We accomplished what we started. Critical decisions were made easily with this group of people. I can't say enough about them.
A typical day.
Plant Operator (Former Employee) –  Alvin, TXJuly 18, 2013
Every work day started with a tool box safety meeting. Here you are read the night orders which consist of work that was done from the previous shift, upcoming work that needs to get done, safety topic and other key factors that are work related. Next, you would be given work permits that will allow contractors or other departments to perform specific work\jobs\maintenance in your unit. Next, you would load up your "pride gun" in which a unit walk-thru is performed. Here is when you monitor critical process equipment for temps, levels, sound, vibrations, leaks, pressure and anything abnormal. Next, insure "get ready's" are achieved if you have specific equipment that need to be ready for maintenance the next day. These are done by a LOTO system. Finally, the constant monitoring of your radio so you can stay in constant contact with your board operator, other operators, your team lead or any other critical information delivered These are jus some of the daily work routines you perform, but are not limited to. These are jus some of the daily work routines you perform, but are not limited to.
Pros
Experience, pay and friendship.
Cons
Weather conditions werent always the best.
Political and sketchy
Technician (Former Employee) –  Lima, OHMay 16, 2016
Great paying job, but the fact that it is a union run shop makes things difficult. The atmosphere was one of complaining all the time about the job or someone. Laying the blame on everyone but themselves. If they didn't like you, they will find a way to get rid of you regardless of what kind of worker you are. If you do not agree with union mentality, I would suggest finding another employer. If you don't mind selling your soul, then conform.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Work Environment
Product Specialist (Former Employee) –  La Porte, TXJuly 25, 2013
Ineos is a proactively progressive company. They survived the economic downturn with very little impact to employees. They are a big supporter of employee advancement. Great company to work for!
Employee based company.
Sr. Auto-cad Operator (Current Employee) –  La Porte, TXJuly 1, 2016
Great place to work, follow instructions, follow chain of command and this company will advance you. Do not buck the system you will be frowned upon. Good people to work with.
Pros
Oportunity