Informa Employee Reviews

Fun Company
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJune 14, 2018
Great company to work for, friendly environment. Easy, laid back atmosphere. Company outings, team building events, work hard, play harder people. Great compensation and benefits packages.
Summary of Review
Infrastructure Engineer / AWS DevOps Engineer (Current Employee) –  Sarasota, FLMay 13, 2018
Informa Services is a fun place to work and allows for new challenges and undertaking new cutting edge principals. It offers new technologies to learn and utilize.
Lack of career advancement, poor/lack of management, lack of training
Business Development Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 25, 2018
Typical sales role cold calls all day repetitive - no clear career advancement or at least a lot of talk but no actions even if you perform well takes way too long
Repetitive cold calls and kpis all year round
Business Development Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 18, 2018
Very repetitive, monotonous and dull did not feel like my career was going anywhere after enta there for year. And next steps for career advancement are similar to where I am just managing some accounts but same idea as what I’m doing now.
Pros
Not many free lunches, free fruit twice a week and pantry has coffee and teas
Cons
Stressful micromanaging, lack of training and proper management, rushed to just cold call
A great company
ANALYST/REPORTER (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 30, 2018
Informa offers a great platform for a professional to grow and build one's career. I worked for the business intelligence unit for Informa and was surrounded by smart and super helpful people.
Chill environment but no growth opportunities
Research Analyst (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 21, 2018
This is a great opportunity for an individual coming out of college who is trying to figure out what to do next with their career. It is what you make of it.
Pros
Free Lunch, PTO Days
Cons
No upward mobility
Poor work place
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 8, 2018
Selfish management and their cronies.keep away from this company.no growth and development. “Skill goes unrecognized, focus is on making the right friends.Frustrating work environment that could be so much better!!
Pros
Working with low levels
Cons
Management uneducated
Boulder offices was great!
Manager (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COFebruary 2, 2018
The Boulder Colorado Informa Office (New Hope) was a great place to work. The work / life balance, collaborative atmosphere, and overall good vibes that came from working here was really one of a kind.
I was able to work across the company with different groups and together we were able to drive digital strategy and at the same time be response and flexible as needed.
Pros
work life balance, team work, good managers, encouragement
Cons
salary was not that competitive
Great environment to work for
ACCOUNTING INTERN (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLJanuary 15, 2018
Informa is a great company to work for if you want to extend your accounting experience to a different level. Unfortunately, I made a mistake by leaving them, and I regret that decision very much.
Disfunctional
Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 29, 2017
This company spent almost no time to train me on essential programs and job tasks. I was frequently told I would have to train myself. Communication is a nightmare. It took 4 months to have access to all the programs that I needed to do my job and I was constantly having issues with my computer. Job role was poorly defined. I was isolated most of the time I was there, at one point going 2 weeks without seeing another coworker.
Pros
Benefits are good and pay is competitive
Cons
work culture
No Respect for Employees
Support Staff (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 20, 2017
If you like indentured servitude, this is the place for you. They discontinued BOTH merit raises and cost-of-living increases without telling the employees. No support for career development either.
Generally a friendly environment, but management is so hands off and unconcerned with employees' welfare that it might as well be be non-existent.
Pros
Friendly co-workers
Cons
Low pay, poor management
Productive, fast-paced environment
Data Quality Associate (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 14, 2017
Great company to work for. Recently went thru an acquisition. Coworkers were and management really pushed to get the best out of you. If you're into IT and data analytics, this is the company for you
Great place to grab some experience, but then, MOVE ON
Conference Director (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 9, 2017
Certain managers are great; works with and cultivates a positive work environment (but not all managers are the same). Allows for free flow of ideas, opportunities and innovative components.
Pros
travel to events
Cons
LOW salary
Poor decisions, bad moves and typical conglomerate ignorance
Digital (Current Employee) –  NYOctober 26, 2017
I worked for a large media company for many years that got acquired by informa. It all went downhill once informa came on board. Their lack of knowledge in the media, advertising space is criminal and impacted a lot of very poor calls and decisions made by executives on the other side of the world looking at nothing but spreadsheets and made decisions that resulted in a lot of very unhappy employees.
Informa
SENIOR KEY ACCOUNTS EXECUTIVE (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 14, 2017
Extreme lack of communication, lead to uncertainty of positions. This is not the most engaging career, and the people that are currently there do not make things better.
Good temporary/contract job
Customer Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLJune 3, 2017
Informa is a great conference company. However, due to so much down time, I wouldn't have wanted a permanent job there. They were great people to work with.
Pros
free fruit, sometimes free conference/show tickets
Cons
boredom - no registrations for conferences = no work
Horrible place to work
Product Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 26, 2017
The company is very dysfunctional and management doesn't know how to grow its employees. Technology is very bad. Teams are spread out all over the place and it's not a collaborative working environment. Honestly it's the worst place I ever worked, ever. To be avoided at all costs.
Great
Data Entry Analyst (Former Employee) –  Calabasas, CAMay 14, 2017
Fun place to work, and good people. The environment was fantastic. I really enjoyed my time here.....it's a great first job for someone right out of school
Great Company
Assistant Client Representative Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Calabasas, CAApril 20, 2017
its truely a great company really good benefits really good work/life balance. Casual Atmosphere. But outsourcing and moving has got everybody nervous.
Business Analyst / AEM Developer (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXApril 11, 2017
Was able to learn new things and tools.
Use to work extra hours.
Too many new managers with different ideas how to grow and sustain business. They don't see value in long term staff, only want to make changes whether good or bad. Clients will suffer with call center environment.
Pros
High pay
Cons
Long hours work