Informatica Employee Reviews

Unique Organization
Senior Manager, Operations (Former Employee) –  Home-officeSeptember 30, 2018
I started with Informatica in 1998, pre IPO, and it was an exciting organization. I grew up with them; it defined my career after ten years of navigating through a few industries and technologies. They are truly the Switzerland software company as they support desperate data sources all over the map. Several times we thought some other large software company was going to acquire us, but the fact they were so independent and played "nice" with everyone it never happened. I would very much like to find another company like them, but it will be hard to do, I'm sure.
Pros
Felt like a small company the whole time
Cons
Politics did play a role in why I felt it was time to move on
Productive and Great Place to Work with Friendly Fun People
Principal Information Security & Risk Analyst (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 30, 2018
Very vibrant company with lots of friendly people. Fantastic vision and lots of innovative initiatives going on! The actual work is interesting, challenging and fun. I felt like I was using brain cells I did not even know I had! Office is nice and modern with great snack and drink options in the break rooms!
August 31, 2018

Thanks for the feedback and sharing your experience with Informatica. We’d like to thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. At Informatica, we not only want to empower our customers to make possible what before never existed, but we also want to empower our employees, current and former, to provide honest feedback that will help us grow as a company.

Thank you for the feedback as it helps us make Informatica a better place to work at and best of luck to you.

Great people - privatization sucked life out of company
Senior Director, Worldwide Partner Development (Former Employee) –  Redwood City, CAAugust 28, 2018
Once Informatica privatized, many great people were let go. Great products & people - company may be ready for resurgence. Sales organization hurt with hiring IBM team - Informatica is NOT IBM.

Very Team Oriented
Compliance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Redwood City, CAAugust 26, 2018
The team worked well together, but the overall experience was that teams were silo'd from other teams making difficult to get projects done sometimes.
Pros
There was flexibility to work remote once a week.
Cons
It was difficult to grow my career.

N/a
Senior Corporate Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 11, 2018
Poor management/ Grind. Don't care much about their employees. great product. Re structuring a lot . went from public back to private and looking to go back to public
August 29, 2018

Growing Company and nice people to work with
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Redwood City, CAJune 26, 2018
Informatica is growing at a rapid pace.Never a dull moment. Great work environment, lots of flexibility, great compensation and wonderful people to work with.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
Very fast pace
August 29, 2018

Thanks for the feedback and sharing your experience with Informatica. We’d like to thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. At Informatica, we not only want to empower our customers to make possible what before never existed, but we also want to empower our employees to provide honest feedback that will help us grow as a company. We value and consider all feedback as having your feedback will help us continue to evaluate and improve life at Informatica for all employees.

Best place to learn
Senior Principle Consultant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 14, 2018
Informatica has lot of tools and it is best place to lear any tool which you are interested. It gives the employee flexibility to lear new things. Here I have learned IDQ along with MDM

Informatica
SENIOR INSIDE ACCOUNT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 22, 2018
Excellent Enterprise Software for managing data. Many global 5000 companies depend on Informatica. Mid Market is where they want to grow and was not in past business plans. Developing a new market will bring its own set of challenges! The company needs to transition it's is on-premise technology to cloud. Biggest issue few new products in the past 4 years... Transition existing technology to the cloud doesn't count as a new product...
Pros
Great Office, Good Benefits Insurance etc
Cons
between 2016 and 2018 little chance for advancement

no career advancement
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAFebruary 7, 2018
There is absolutely zero career advancement here at Informatica. They hire a bunch of people to fill roles in net net (i.e. Growth) departments and fire everyone after 9 months. The company was looking to get acquired for almost a year. And during the interview process they never once mentioned this to any of the new hires.
Pros
work remote
Cons
cut throat - zero career advancement

Nice Guys
Sr. Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 7, 2018
Co-workers are all friendly and professional.Could be the reason that headquarter is located in Bay area California. Business (sales) was not as good as expected when I was laid off. I think the business model is a bit out dated in today's fast moving software business. Infomatica came to the party earlier than competitors but the game has been changed so they need to change.
Pros
Bay area like
Cons
Very very out dated business model

Very Professional and a Focus on Innovation
HR Intern (Former Employee) –  Redwood City, CAFebruary 5, 2018
I worked as an Intern for the company's HR department a few years ago.

While I realized the environment wasn't for me personally, I will commend the company's focus on innovative thinking and high tech. While I did find leadership to be weird at times, this was during the company's transition of leadership and thus it's understandable that a shakeup in culture would take place.

Even though I do appreciate my time spent there and the treatment of their interns, I wouldn't recommend the position for everyone. There is an implicit focus on competition and it can be stressful for a lot of people. If someone enjoys that kind of environment, then I can't recommend the company enough.
Pros
Focus on innovation. Great work space. Awesome benefits.
Cons
Leadership. Too much at times.

Great products; questionable leadership
Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Redwood City, CAJanuary 21, 2018
Informatica makes a great product and is very successful. There are frequent pivots, fire drills and re-orgs. Pros: People, benefits and w/l balance

Thank you for your ongoing contribution and feedback!

Great company to work for.
Senior Consultant II (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaOctober 18, 2017
A great company to work for with challenging but sensible targets. Changes in the industry from enterprise licensing to subscription result in transformation to meet the new business environment. Informatica has a great working culture.
Pros
The products are fabulous to work with.
Cons
Going through change at this time.
Ambiente de trabajo divertido
Informatica Administrator (Former Employee) –  Panama City Beach, FLSeptember 5, 2017
Bueno en lo personal me gusta este empleo y lo quiero conseguir para que a mi bebe no le falte nada y poder atenderlo y trabajar desde la comodidad de mi casa
Pros
Seguro, medico privado
Cons
No hay descanso para atender al bebe
Overall a good place to work
Sr. Services Mgr/Dir., APJ Business Development (Former Employee) –  Redwood City, CAAugust 21, 2017
I enjoyed my time at Informatica and keep in close contact with friends and co-workers there. Overall it is a a good group of people, although the winds of change have significantly morphed it into a privately held company. So, it may be significantly different now.
Pros
people
Cons
bought out and then taken private
Strong company with great co-workers
Manager (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCJuly 29, 2017
Excellent benefits with smart co-workers. Informatica has a well-oiled marketing team that works closely with Sales. Internally, we have a clear message of where C-Suite wants the company to go.
Pros
Great benefit package; great place for women to work, unlimited PTO
Cons
If you don't like change, this is not a company for you.
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 27, 2017
I love working at Informatica because of the people. Everyone works as a team. I enjoy going to work everyday. Good performance is rewarded and it is inspiring.
Productive Fun Environment with Ping Pong Table and Basketball
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCJuly 27, 2017
Worked from 9a-5p; Flexible time off; Controlled how my day went; Got into work, checked my scheduled and emails, made my calls, took trainings, had weekly meetings and took lunch when it was best fit for me.
clean
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Redwood City, CAJuly 14, 2017
very nice place to work, free parking and employee benefits;
a lot of interaction with sales team

keeps employee enthusiastic with rewards and employee appreciations.
Great career growth opportunities.
Executive Administrative Assistant to CEO (Former Employee) –  Redwood City, CAJune 23, 2017
A good company to work for, excellent executive management team. Company encourages career growth, tools are in place to guide employees on career advancement.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Informatica. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

4.5Fairygodboss Score

100%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss