Informatica Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Informatica
SENIOR INSIDE ACCOUNT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 22, 2018
Excellent Enterprise Software for managing data. Many global 5000 companies depend on Informatica. Mid Market is where they want to grow and was not in past business plans. Developing a new market will bring its own set of challenges! The company needs to transition it's is on-premise technology to cloud. Biggest issue few new products in the past 4 years... Transition existing technology to the cloud doesn't count as a new product...
Pros
Great Office, Good Benefits Insurance etc
Cons
between 2016 and 2018 little chance for advancement
no career advancement
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAFebruary 7, 2018
There is absolutely zero career advancement here at Informatica. They hire a bunch of people to fill roles in net net (i.e. Growth) departments and fire everyone after 9 months. The company was looking to get acquired for almost a year. And during the interview process they never once mentioned this to any of the new hires.
Pros
work remote
Cons
cut throat - zero career advancement
Nice Guys
Sr. Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 7, 2018
Co-workers are all friendly and professional.Could be the reason that headquarter is located in Bay area California. Business (sales) was not as good as expected when I was laid off. I think the business model is a bit out dated in today's fast moving software business. Infomatica came to the party earlier than competitors but the game has been changed so they need to change.
Pros
Bay area like
Cons
Very very out dated business model
Very Professional and a Focus on Innovation
HR Intern (Former Employee) –  Redwood City, CAFebruary 5, 2018
I worked as an Intern for the company's HR department a few years ago.

While I realized the environment wasn't for me personally, I will commend the company's focus on innovative thinking and high tech. While I did find leadership to be weird at times, this was during the company's transition of leadership and thus it's understandable that a shakeup in culture would take place.

Even though I do appreciate my time spent there and the treatment of their interns, I wouldn't recommend the position for everyone. There is an implicit focus on competition and it can be stressful for a lot of people. If someone enjoys that kind of environment, then I can't recommend the company enough.
Pros
Focus on innovation. Great work space. Awesome benefits.
Cons
Leadership. Too much at times.
Great products; questionable leadership
Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Redwood City, CAJanuary 21, 2018
Informatica makes a great product and is very successful. There are frequent pivots, fire drills and re-orgs. Pros: People, benefits and w/l balance
Great company to work for.
Senior Consultant II (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaOctober 18, 2017
A great company to work for with challenging but sensible targets. Changes in the industry from enterprise licensing to subscription result in transformation to meet the new business environment. Informatica has a great working culture.
Pros
The products are fabulous to work with.
Cons
Going through change at this time.
Ambiente de trabajo divertido
Informatica Administrator (Former Employee) –  Panama City Beach, FLSeptember 5, 2017
Bueno en lo personal me gusta este empleo y lo quiero conseguir para que a mi bebe no le falte nada y poder atenderlo y trabajar desde la comodidad de mi casa
Pros
Seguro, medico privado
Cons
No hay descanso para atender al bebe
Overall a good place to work
Sr. Services Mgr/Dir., APJ Business Development (Former Employee) –  Redwood City, CAAugust 21, 2017
I enjoyed my time at Informatica and keep in close contact with friends and co-workers there. Overall it is a a good group of people, although the winds of change have significantly morphed it into a privately held company. So, it may be significantly different now.
Pros
people
Cons
bought out and then taken private
Strong company with great co-workers
Manager (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCJuly 29, 2017
Excellent benefits with smart co-workers. Informatica has a well-oiled marketing team that works closely with Sales. Internally, we have a clear message of where C-Suite wants the company to go.
Pros
Great benefit package; great place for women to work, unlimited PTO
Cons
If you don't like change, this is not a company for you.
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 27, 2017
I love working at Informatica because of the people. Everyone works as a team. I enjoy going to work everyday. Good performance is rewarded and it is inspiring.
Productive Fun Environment with Ping Pong Table and Basketball
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCJuly 27, 2017
Worked from 9a-5p; Flexible time off; Controlled how my day went; Got into work, checked my scheduled and emails, made my calls, took trainings, had weekly meetings and took lunch when it was best fit for me.
clean
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Redwood City, CAJuly 14, 2017
very nice place to work, free parking and employee benefits;
a lot of interaction with sales team

keeps employee enthusiastic with rewards and employee appreciations.
Great career growth opportunities.
Executive Administrative Assistant to CEO (Former Employee) –  Redwood City, CAJune 23, 2017
A good company to work for, excellent executive management team. Company encourages career growth, tools are in place to guide employees on career advancement.
Market leader with strong upside - challenges mainly in execution
Director (Former Employee) –  Redwood City, CAJune 19, 2017
Informatica has solid, market leading products in all areas. The company is transitioning to the cloud (late), and launching emerging product lines. While I expect Informatica to ultimately be successful, it is at the heart an R&D driven company transforming from the inside out, so expect some bumps on the execution road to the future.
Fun workplace
Legal Consultant (Former Employee) –  Redwood City, CAApril 24, 2017
Great, friendly people at work place. Managers are always ready and willing to assist anyone that needs assistance with any contracts you do not understand.
May 1, 2017

Thank you for your comments. We agree - Informatica is friendly and collaborative. Best of luck to you in your future endeavors!

Nice Professional Place
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  RemoteMarch 22, 2017
Informatica is a great place for those looking to start off their careers in the industry. They are a growing company and I look forward to seeing what they do in the future
Pros
still a small company and growing
Cons
went from publicaly traded to private and did a ton of layoffs
Good mid size company
Director of Strategic Business Development (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAMarch 12, 2017
Informatica struggled with its go to market strategy and was weighed down by cliques within the company. So much so that went from a public company to a private company-getting rid of the CEO at the time.
Pros
balanced lifestyle
Cons
poor leadership
March 13, 2017

Thank you for your review of your experience when you were at Informatica. For the record, our pivot to private ownership was a strategic move designed to give us maximum flexibility to invest in new technologies and infrastructure. And our esteemed CEO at the time retired after a long (15+ years) and illustrious career with Informatica. Employees rate our senior management very highly both in internal satisfaction surveys and on sites such as Glassdoor. We wish you well in your future endeavors.

Great Learnining Field
ENTERPRISE ACCOUNT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 4, 2017
Inforamtica has great technology. Best place I have worked but time for new challenges. I recommend this company. You can get a solid foundation of data and the complete aspect of the Enterprise sales cycle.
A good place to work
Sr. Curriculum Developer (Former Employee) –  RemoteFebruary 10, 2017
I enjoyed working at Informatica. I did not find that it was a company that was interested in career advancement. The management changed every year. Some of the managers were great, some were aloof.
Pros
Remote work, sometimes good management
Cons
No advancement
March 13, 2017

We appreciate your comments about your experiences when you were at Informatica. Career advancement was identified as an area for improvement in our most recent employee survey, and we have taken active steps to expand and improve our programs and resources in that area. Employees are telling us they appreciate the efforts, and there's more on the way. We wish you well in future endeavors.

Great Culture, great products
Partner Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Redwood City, CAFebruary 6, 2017
Informatica one of the best organizations I have worked for. Great culture, great products, can do attitude with a management team that listens. New management, eye on top line revenue with little regard to employee has robbed the environment of good morale.
I learned that great products can carry a company, a positive culture can make up for other deficiencies. Hardest part of the job is the sheer volume of work. The most enjoyable part of the job - making our partners, sales team and customers successful at the same time.
March 13, 2017

Thank you for your review. We couldn't agree more - Informatica has great products and a great culture, thanks to dedicated people like you. We wish you great success!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Informatica. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

4.5Fairygodboss Score

100%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss