Informatica Culture reviews

Undergoing change that is adversely affecting the culture
Sales Leader (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 28, 2019
Prior to Jan 1, the culture in the immediate team was good, it was great in 2017, 2018 became less tolerable, many unnecessary changes that adversely affected the business and results. 2019 has become even worse. The hardest part of the job is the hiring of less tenured leaders with less experience after releasing leaders with respect, experience and understanding of the business and team. Leaders producing over expectations, the position being eliminated only to be filled within 45 days. Recently making changes to compensation that lowers the ability to hire skilled experienced contributors. It seems Informatica wants more for less and at some point this will affect their overall results as well as impact their once great reputation in the marketplace. Its a matter of time before this is apparent but by this time, its too late to recover.
Pros
Employees doing their best to deliver despite decisions making it very difficult to stay motivated
Cons
leaders
March 8, 2019

Thanks for the feedback and sharing your experience with Informatica. We’d like to thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. At Informatica, we not only want to empower our customers to make possible what before never existed, but we also want to empower our employees to provide honest feedback that will help us grow as a company. We value and consider all feedback as having your feedback will help us continue to evaluate and improve life at Informatica for all employees. We encourage you to provide direct feedback to your leadership, or our HR team, as applicable, while still onboard. This can come as ideas, suggestions, constructive solutions, or general feedback...we value it all.

Informatica had a great 2018 and we’ve invested in the business, particularly in growing our field sales team.  We feel the right moves are being made to best position us for continued success.   This industry is competitive and ever-changing, thus change internally will be a constant reality to meet the strategic needs of the business.  We’ll take your feedback into consideration and we thank you for your input.

Productive and fun work environment,
Talent Acquisition Specialist (Current Employee) –  Redwood City, CAFebruary 14, 2019
Productive and fun work environment, Great benefits, interesting work projects, Great people to work with. Great office, Free Parking, Free Food (snacks and soft drinks) fun employee events.
Pros
Overall Great Place to Work
Cons
N/a
February 15, 2019

Thanks for the feedback and sharing your experience with Informatica. We’d like to thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. At Informatica, we not only want to empower our customers to make possible what before never existed, but we also want to empower our employees to provide honest feedback that will help us grow as a company. We value and consider all feedback as having your feedback will help us continue to evaluate and improve life at Informatica for all employees.

Thank you for your ongoing contribution and feedback!

Unique Organization
Senior Manager, Operations (Former Employee) –  Home-officeSeptember 30, 2018
I started with Informatica in 1998, pre IPO, and it was an exciting organization. I grew up with them; it defined my career after ten years of navigating through a few industries and technologies. They are truly the Switzerland software company as they support desperate data sources all over the map. Several times we thought some other large software company was going to acquire us, but the fact they were so independent and played "nice" with everyone it never happened. I would very much like to find another company like them, but it will be hard to do, I'm sure.
Pros
Felt like a small company the whole time
Cons
Politics did play a role in why I felt it was time to move on
November 19, 2018

Thanks for the feedback and sharing your experience with Informatica. We’d like to thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. At Informatica, we not only want to empower our customers to make possible what before never existed, but we also want to empower our employees, current and former, to provide honest feedback that will help us grow as a company.

Thank you for the feedback as it helps us make Informatica a better place to work at and best of luck to you.

Very Professional and a Focus on Innovation
HR Intern (Former Employee) –  Redwood City, CAFebruary 5, 2018
I worked as an Intern for the company's HR department a few years ago.

While I realized the environment wasn't for me personally, I will commend the company's focus on innovative thinking and high tech. While I did find leadership to be weird at times, this was during the company's transition of leadership and thus it's understandable that a shakeup in culture would take place.

Even though I do appreciate my time spent there and the treatment of their interns, I wouldn't recommend the position for everyone. There is an implicit focus on competition and it can be stressful for a lot of people. If someone enjoys that kind of environment, then I can't recommend the company enough.
Pros
Focus on innovation. Great work space. Awesome benefits.
Cons
Leadership. Too much at times.
August 29, 2018

Great company to work for.
Senior Consultant II (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaOctober 18, 2017
A great company to work for with challenging but sensible targets. Changes in the industry from enterprise licensing to subscription result in transformation to meet the new business environment. Informatica has a great working culture.
Pros
The products are fabulous to work with.
Cons
Going through change at this time.
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 27, 2017
I love working at Informatica because of the people. Everyone works as a team. I enjoy going to work everyday. Good performance is rewarded and it is inspiring.
clean
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Redwood City, CAJuly 14, 2017
very nice place to work, free parking and employee benefits;
a lot of interaction with sales team

keeps employee enthusiastic with rewards and employee appreciations.
Fun workplace
Legal Consultant (Former Employee) –  Redwood City, CAApril 24, 2017
Great, friendly people at work place. Managers are always ready and willing to assist anyone that needs assistance with any contracts you do not understand.
May 1, 2017

Thank you for your comments. We agree - Informatica is friendly and collaborative. Best of luck to you in your future endeavors!

Great Culture, great products
Partner Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Redwood City, CAFebruary 6, 2017
Informatica one of the best organizations I have worked for. Great culture, great products, can do attitude with a management team that listens. New management, eye on top line revenue with little regard to employee has robbed the environment of good morale.
I learned that great products can carry a company, a positive culture can make up for other deficiencies. Hardest part of the job is the sheer volume of work. The most enjoyable part of the job - making our partners, sales team and customers successful at the same time.
March 13, 2017

Thank you for your review. We couldn't agree more - Informatica has great products and a great culture, thanks to dedicated people like you. We wish you great success!

Sr. Commmercial Counsel (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 16, 2017
Informatica is great place for innovation. Corporate culture is about intelligent professionals leading the industry.
Great collabrative culture amongst the motivated employees.
Account Manager, Mid (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 2, 2016
Informatica provides a great supportive envirnoment for emplyees to learn from one another.
When looking for answers and support you aren't forced to only access management but can get things done with the support of your intelligent co- workers.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
constantly changing personnel
Midsize company that fits the Silicon Valley narrative
Professional Services Analyst (Current Employee) –  Redwood City, CANovember 17, 2016
I am either on the client site or working remotely from home. The office has a great cafeteria, location, and everyone is very friendly. All hands meetings are a blast.
Na
Senior Manager, Business Solution Delivery (Former Employee) –  Redwood CityOctober 16, 2015
Company is located on Redwood Shores. It is a nice campus and has access to a great gym. They have a great history driving data integration management.
Stuck in a Rut
Global Director of Marketing - Financial Services (Former Employee) –  Redwood City, CASeptember 21, 2015
Informatica is a company that is struggling to maintain relevance in a world where technology is passing it by. Clients are asking for more and the company leadership is unwilling to adopt programs and solutions that increase the ROI for clients. The culture is OK, but there are a lot of people in roles that add no value to the work that needs to be done. Recently privatized, they are in serious cost-cutting mode that is leading to poor choices by management and a strategy that is non-existent.
Pros
Remote work, work life balance
Cons
Intensely political, lots of busy work
Fun Place to Work
MDM ARCHITECT (Current Employee) –  Remote WorkingMarch 13, 2015
Informatica is a fun place to work for.
Good Compensation
Flexible Management
Lovely culture
Constant touch with managers even though it is remote working
Clear indication of your next assignments
Great culture--strong leadership, fun environment, world-class technology
Director (Current Employee) –  Redwood City, CAAugust 8, 2014
The leaders at Informatica are smart, accomplished professionals. The products are best-in-class, and the company has been growing successfully for 15+ years. Informatica is a great place to work.
Pros
Strong leaders, good pay, fun culture, great people
Cons
IT is very hierarchical, sometimes people don't get second chances
Fun Workplace
Sr. Human Resources Analyst (Current Employee) –  Redwood City, CAApril 15, 2014
Great people, fun company. Very productive and a great learning place for me to get my foot in with the HR team
Growing Company
ONLINE MARKETING COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Redwood City, CAFebruary 13, 2014
This was my first job out of college, and it was a great experience to understand what it was like to be in a multi-billion dollar tech corporation. The people there are intelligent, driven and are constantly learning how to collaborate more amongst teams.
Good Culture, employee friendly. Management is supportive of ideas.
Finance Systems & Reporting Manager (Current Employee) –  Redwood CityOctober 18, 2013
Good Culture, employee friendly. Management is supportive of ideas.
Pros
Good culture
Cons
Little Career oppurtuinty