Information International Associates Employee Reviews

Usual Contractor Role
Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Oak Ridge, TNMarch 11, 2018
The role is a full-time job, but as a contractor at a DOE office. Detailed work assignments. Lots of opportunities for learning and experience. Work with secure and non-secure systems.
Pros
Detail Oriented Work
Cons
Contractor Assignment
Work elsewhere
Applications Developer (Former Employee) –  Oak Ridge, TNJanuary 15, 2018
They do everything they can to cut cost. Unfortunately the biggest savings is in employee satisfaction. They pay terrible compared to local competition and corporate will not even answer phone calls. Chairs are 20+ years old and they work you to death.
Pros
Easy to get hired
Cons
Everything else
Great company, zero complaints
Human Resource Systems Manager (Former Employee) –  United KingdomSeptember 14, 2016
I worked for IIA overseas and never ran into a problem whilst working there. If ever I had a question or query, I was able to get in touch with someone at headquarters without any issues. The company were still able to keep our overseas team involved with company events as much as possible,
Decent environment with enjoyable to overcome challenges.
Internship as Java Developer (Former Employee) –  Oak Ridge, TNMay 28, 2016
As an intern a typical day at work for was being given a problem to solve or to program a process based on one being used in another application. In my time at IIA, I learned many different applications involving Java and IT operations in a professional environment. Management was fairly decent, neither too distant nor overly micro-managing in my position. Co-workers were all friendly people who were willing to lend a quick hand when I really needed it. The hardest part of my job was sometimes hitting walls with some of the projects I was assigned. At the same time, the most enjoyable part of my job was the great feeling you get from overcoming these challenges.
Pros
Enjoyable work environment with nice challenges
Cons
Unpaid internship, a small minority of employees could have been friendlier
Awesome
Training Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  North Bethesda, MDMarch 16, 2016
I really enjoy working for this company. Management is friendly, my coworkers are team players, I could not ask for more.
Good company
Technical Writer (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNMarch 2, 2016
A good company to work for. Never had any problems working for them. It's a nice work environment, and employees are very friendly. Decent work life balance.
Poor Management
Professional Development Administrator (Former Employee) –  North Bethesda, MDFebruary 18, 2014
I completed my daily tasks.

I learned, that I never want to be a contractor for the Federal Government ever again, because you are treated like a second class citizen, and no one fights for you.

Management was poor.

Co-workers were decent.

Hardest part of the job was not know whether or not you had a job next week even though contract was signed for five years.

The most enjoyable part was the weekends off.
Pros
Cons
Poor management, no job security, Vice President on high horse.
Great environment , hard working co-workers
Administrative Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Oak Ridge, TNMarch 14, 2013
Every day was a aventure with new problems with solutions. Loved the job helping military personnel with their individual needs.