Information Management Group Employee Reviews

Not worth the hassle
Offered expert (Former Employee) –  Niskayuna, NYJanuary 9, 2018
1 mistake and youre gone, huge risk very little reward. poorly managed, over worked , never staffed or gave raises, little room to move up in job titles.
Quick Hire with Decent Pay given Geographic Location
Field Service Assistant Technician (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VANovember 25, 2017
The hire was a quick turnaround from the time I applied. It went from being contacted by a recruiter, to exchanging a few emails, to being put in contact with the hiring manager, to being scheduled for a 30 min skype/phone interview, and then being given a day or two to give it some thought.

Being a contractor, you are technically full time but you are not part of the parent company you are being contracted out to. You are a member of the "team" but you are not a member of the "team" and often times I was pushed aside or not included in events that involved the IT team and often times being left out of the loop but that was ok in my opinion because in most cases I work better on my own.

For the most part you are mainly left alone and the only time you see the supervisor is in the morning when they hand you a work list and its up to you to get everything you need to get the job done. Most tasks are easy (i.e. swapping out keyboards, monitors, and moving boxes) and other tasks require you to do some research (i.e. troubleshooting printers that are between 10,15, or 20 years old and having to special order refurbished parts because they are no longer in production, but that is the case with most government jobs).

I would recommend this job if you are willing to relocate and work in remote areas.
Pros
You dont see management that often, Good if you work better alone
Cons
No real structure for growth if you work at the sites
Productive and fun place to work with a pool table instead of a receptionist!
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VASeptember 7, 2017
The typical day of work involves tackling the mission of growing the business. The HQ staff is motivated to work together.
The hardest part of the job is the nature of the work, it's government contracting so there are quick deadlines and then moving deadlines.
The most enjoyable part of working here are the people!
Pros
Free lunches, on site gym, individual offices
A Great Group of Co-workers
Print Specialist (Current Employee) –  Springfield, VADecember 11, 2016
The team worked together well. Being new to the printing industry. They took time to train me in various aspects of the printing workflow, which I appreciated very much.
Pros
A wide variety of projects. Always something new to learn.
Small company that made you feel like family
Microsoft Server Administrator (Former Employee) –  MacDill AFB, FLApril 23, 2014
I loved working with this company. They made you apart of everything and were always in contact with their employees.
Pros
Great employee and employer relationship.
Cons
Install telephone and data cables
Fiber Technician (Former Employee) –  Bolling AFB DCJanuary 10, 2014
Learned to work in a controlled environment installing telephone and data cabling
Was once a great place to work
Sr. Technical Trainer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 3, 2012
IMG was one of Microsoft top training centers in the US. Very challenging yet rewarding company to work for.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Information Management Group. Our community is ready to answer.

Information Management Group Reviews by Location