Information Providers, Inc Employee Reviews

liked job, poor pay for the amount of work required
Field Analyst (Insurance-personal lines) (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COJuly 2, 2018
I really liked my job at Information Providers. Only problem being was the amount of work required for almost no pay. By the time I put the gas it took to drive to the jobs, I almost made nothing. I attended classes to prepare for the position, but no one actually came out and trained me. I was cut lose from day 1, alone, and had never done this kind of work prior to working at Information Providers. It took me a lot of unpaid hours to figure out the "system" and how to properly enter information into the system. The bosses I had actually cared and tried to explain the best they possibly could over the phone. But most of my problems could of been prevented by simply having me work with another employee for a few days to train. It is discouraging to work for someone and not know what to do or what is expected.
Pros
Bosses cared and did the best they could to help and explain things
Cons
:Low pay
Fast Paced
Field Representative (Former Employee) –  SeaTac, WANovember 3, 2017
Work environment is fast pasted. Lots of travel and long hours. You have to have a small territory with lots of survey request to make a good wage. Fees need to be higher for the field staff.
Pay is way too low for all the driving.
Private Line Inspections (Former Employee) –  South Dakota, North Dakota, MinnesotaAugust 11, 2017
They advertise that they pay $16 to $24 an hour. That's only paid when your on the job sight. You do not get paid for travel time or gas. If you factor that in you will make $8 an hour and wear out your car.
Pros
Set your own schedule
Cons
Do not get paid for travel time or gas.
Decent Company
HR Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hopkins, MNJuly 21, 2017
This company was great to work for. I worked here for a year straight out of college. Great learning experience. You knew you could advance within the company if you worked hard,
Work isn't bad but cost more than you make
Field Analyst (Former Employee) –  OhioJuly 20, 2017
Driving is the expense. Training is fair and support is not bad but you may wear your car out for pocket change. Should your assignments be clustered you can have a good day but usually they will be spread out
Pros
Scheduling freedom
Cons
Pay
Great Place to work
Insurance Premium Auditor (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, IANovember 16, 2015
Great place to work. Enjoyable atmosphere. Management will let you do your job and give you freedom but are also available to provide guidance on tougher issues. Free Coffee is another perk.
Field Representative job doesn't pay enough
Field Representative (Former Employee) –  MichiganFebruary 27, 2014
As a Field Representative, you use your own vehicle and they do not pay mileage. They have some shim sham way of paying mileage that benefits them, but not you. I don't know how the IRS even allows this type of vodu math.
Pros
Freedom to set your won hours
Cons
The job doesn't pay enough
Fun job, but I had to drive over 1000 miles a week.
Insurance Inspector (Former Employee) –  Hopkins, MNMarch 3, 2013
Performed Insurance Inspections for Insurance companies. I took pictures, measurments, interviewed homeowners, and uploaded my pictures and data after I returned home everyday.
Pros
worked alone, good pay, drove my own vehicle.
Cons
the company refused to pay me for gas, after i was driving over 1000 miles a week, i spent more in gas than i made.
Dedicatation
Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hopkins, MNSeptember 23, 2012
This was a part time position.

Payroll processing and clerical work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Information Providers, Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8