Information Sciences Consulting, Inc Employee Reviews

Best place to work
Service Desk Technician (Former Employee) –  Dublin, GAMay 22, 2018
I worked for ISCI as a subcontractor on the help desk and it was the best place ever. My off-site supervisor (with ISCI) never made me feel alone or that he wasn't on my side. He and the HR team remained in constant contact throughout the on-boarding process and for the duration of my time there. The only reason I no longer work for them is because the main contract holder lost the bid for the VA help desk. The employee benefits were stellar and were 100% paid by the employer.

I would love to work for them in the near future, even if it means relocating to do so. It felt like a very stable environment even though it was contractor work. We had all federal holidays off (paid) and accrued PTO at a great rate. I never had problems requesting time off, which was superb! Everyone at ISCI took the time to relate to me, listen to concerns, and make any transitions go as smoothly as possible.
Pros
Great supervisor, HR team, benefits, work/life balance
Not relevant. This company is no longer in New York state
Enterprise Service Desk Consultant (Current Employee) –  Batavia, NYMarch 21, 2018
This company lost the VA contact for IT services. The new company that won the bid did not locate in New York State.

Lack of on site managers to help with problems.

Poor IT management.

Lack of enough personnel to do the job adequately.

Good Health Insurance
Pros
Good Health Insurance
Cons
Lack of on site management
Standard contracting recruiter
Sub-contractor to ASM (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 22, 2018
ISCI is a sub-contractor for ASM, recent government contract holder for IT support at the V.A. I know little about the culture of the company, as I only had infrequent telephone contact with it. However, my ASM supervisors locally were all top notch.
Pros
Laissez faire, no micromanagement
Cons
benefits weren't that stellar.
Good pay for help desk job
Help Desk Technician (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 29, 2018
Answering inbound calls and emails for VA employees and affiliates. Fairly laid back despite all the initial work that goes into getting the job due its tie in with the Federal government.
Pros
Good hours. Chances for overtime.
Cons
Expensive insurance for other than employee
A Great Place
Incident Management Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 29, 2018
The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing that I'm helping Veterans Nationwide ensuring that IT App's and programs are always available to the Veteran.
Pros
shifts, garentee hours, great 401K
Cons
healthcare is costly
Poor Management
Vice President of Corporate Development (Former Employee) –  Manassas, VADecember 27, 2017
Work Life balance not in the culture.
Teleworking only for some employees.
Lack of strategic vision and goals.
Micromanagement philosophy.
Company had a bad reputation.
Great place to work for!
Human Resource/Recruiter Intern (Current Employee) –  Manassas, VADecember 19, 2017
Very good company to work for! I would recommend this to any human resource student wanting to learn about HR. I learned a lot about recruiting and HR.
Sub-contractor work
Systems Administrator, Jr (Former Employee) –  White River Junction, VTOctober 19, 2017
The work that I performed was as a sub-contractor working for a client in a different state from the main office of ISCI. Due to this, I never came in direct contact with anyone from my employer. The benefits package was great, but there was a feeling of isolation.
Benefits
Cons
Isolation
You are on remote control
Analyst Analyze (Former Employee) –  WVFebruary 3, 2016
Nice company with great medical ( they pay for it ) . My only problem is that the entire time I worked for them I never met a SINGLE person from the company in the flesh. All interaction is via phone or MS LYNC. Not their fault, but hard to be called a member of a "team" if the players and coach never have met
Pros
great medical
Cons
small company, still developing
Easy going great work environment
Sr. Project Manager/ RCDD (Current Employee) –  USApril 22, 2014
ISCI is a great company because of the great people working here.
Pros
Time at home, the ability to telecommute.
Cons
Travel 75%+ of time