INFORMATION SERVICES DEPARTMENT Employee Reviews

4.3Pay & Benefits
Very stressful
Operations Technology Anaylst (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 19, 2017
A typical day involves a lot of stress. Systems and applications never seem to stabilize and function as expected. Management is clueless when it comes to the needs of staff
Agressive leader in healthcare technologies.
Senior Clinical Informatics Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Salem, ORFebruary 16, 2017
Salem Health is an industry frontrunner in automation of the electronic Health record. There is a forward thinking culture and the facility is a pioneer and frequently sets the standard in the local community for innovation. This can lead to long work hours without much guidance from the industry.
Always using Latest Technology and Easy Going place to work
Desktop Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Torrance, CANovember 21, 2015
A very easy going work place. They always keep up with the latest technology available for example, Vmware View for virtual desktops, Windows Server 2012, Exchange 2013.
A Librarian and an English teacher
Reference Librarian (Former Employee) –  Library of Cantho UnviersityJanuary 15, 2015
- Work full-time (40hours/week). Also, I do part-time job in the evening in the Center of Foreign Languages.
- Enlarged my knowledge by reading culture books and learned the way to tell what I knew to others in an easy and understandable way
- Manage my time and work efficiently
- Best skills in teamwork, negotiation, meeting/organization
- The hardest part of the job: dealt with a difficult question from the readers. It was not sometimes in my view. I spent much time to search and evaluate this information to ensure that it was the valuable one the readers needed
- The most enjoyable part of the job: teaching/guiding English and Library. I can transmit my knowledge and information to others and can learn good things from them to adjust myself.
Pros
Bonus at the end of the year
Cons
Short breaks
Very challenging job that provided the opportunity for new technical knowledge daily.
Information Services Technician Intern (Former Employee) –  North Myrtle Beach, SCOctober 27, 2014
The aspect that I loved most about working as an information services technician intern was that I was constantly running into new challenging problems that kept me learning new material and technical knowledge every day.

What I valued most about this job is that my experience level increased drastically in the short 12 month period I was at the company compared to all of the other work experience I previously had in the technology field.

In addition, I was employed for a city government so I had the opportunity to learn and work with all different kinds of people and departments of the city. These including the police, fire, human resources, finance, beach services and maintenance departments.
Pros
Constantly learning new things.
Cons
Never a chance to relax with so many employees in a city government.
Highly work oriented
Computer Technician (Former Employee) –  College Place, WAAugust 6, 2014
typical average place of work. A better management system would be great and perhaps more training to new people would be also helpful.