infraSource Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Not an Engineering Role
Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 28, 2018
At the time of my working at InfraSource they were utilizing a Project Management Office to assist with the management of Projects. When they decided to move away from this, opportunities for me at the company vanished.
A rewarding career in a rapidly growing industry!
HR Generalist (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 7, 2018
Working at InfraSource is exciting and challenging! On a daily basis I feel empowered to make decisions that will positively impact employees and our business.
The company has a family culture where others look out for one another and genuinely care about the safety and well-being of others.
The leadership is supportive of career development and encourages learning and self improvement.
Each day presents new opportunities to develop improved processes to make a difference in our business and I am glad to be part of the team at InfraSource!
Pros
Benefits, Safety Culture, Supportive Management, Rapid Growth
Cons
Growing pains of a rapidly growing company
Very great place to work!
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 16, 2018
I love the laid back atmosphere at Infrasource but I need more money.I don't think I will be getting a raise anytime soon. The management here is terrific, but it is totally up to Corporate.
Pros
Laid back hours
n/a
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  ohioApril 9, 2018
Great place to work! Hours a good! You can grow within the company. Always room for advancement. The company is willing to teach you anything to get you to where you want to be in your career.
Good Xompany
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Raytown, MOApril 8, 2018
Has great potential to be a dominate company in gas mains throughout the United States. Treat their employees fairly and great benefits for the family.
Pros
lkts of OT
Cons
Do not hit a gas main
Great place
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Nebraska, INMarch 13, 2018
Great place to start a career, great training programs, great work environment, just all around a good place to be if your trying to join the under ground utility trade.
Disadvantages
Laborer/ Heavy Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIFebruary 21, 2018
The weather conditions are grueling. It is difficult to establish a healthy work-life balance and the path to career advancement is unclear. I wouldn't advise anyone over 30 years of age to pursue employment with this company.
Horrible place to work
Mid level Manager (Former Employee) –  Ypsilanti, MIFebruary 17, 2018
Management continually changes over is not engaged with their employees at all. From the top level they hire family and friends who know nothing about the industry. They hire people that do not know how to do their job and expect clerks and admins to do it all.
Poor management, poor safety and unethical
TRAINING MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOFebruary 15, 2018
Days were filled with chaos, confusion and panic. Management did not treat employees fairly and did not work as a team. The attitude toward safety was poor and teamwork was non-existent. The hardest part of the job was keeping it. I would not recommend this as a workplace for anyone who has moral values. The most enjoyable part of the job was leaving.
Pros
Na
Cons
Hours, culture
Terrible
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Raytown, MOFebruary 1, 2018
Manager didn't know what to do. Everyone quit the same week I started, so there wasn't adequate training. Extremely unorganized. Their expectations were overwhelming, but they have no loyalty to employees.
Pros
8Am-6pm
Cons
everything else
Seguridad de los trabajadores
Mechanic and Welder (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 19, 2018
Es una buena compañía para trabajar pero no es un trabajo constante.
Pros
Buena paga por hora
Cons
El trabajo no es constante
Fast paced, cut throat reminds you of Junior High
Administration (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIJanuary 11, 2018
They hired a bully as their Assistant Controller and I hope they fix that solution soon before they loose more of their best Employees. Went from the best place to work to the worst in less then a year!
Pros
Great Benefits and Pay
Cons
You will be bullied
Loved the atmosphere
Permit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 7, 2018
I was only a temp so did not have the opportunity to receive benefits or a higher wage. But my co-workers who held permanent positions were paid well and enjoyed paid time off, moderately priced life & health insurance (including vision & dental) and 401k options. I was fortunate enough to work with a knowledgeable, experienced permit coordinator who taught me more than I can go into here. I enjoyed working with blueprints, records, and maps that related to gas lines in and around Seattle. Overall, it was a great experience and InfraSource is a great company.
Pros
Team atmosphere, good pay, benefits, interesting work
Bad Upper management
Welder/Fitter Foreman (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOOctober 31, 2017
Upper management never looked out for the little guy. Would give time off for hitting utilities that had been abandoned or that accidentally got hit while digging it up to replace.
Pros
Decent benefits
Cons
Always fearing for your job.
Horrible
Safety Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ypsilanti, MIAugust 5, 2017
This was a horrible place to work. I could totally understand why they utilized mostly temp employees. Atmosphere was horrible and management was disengaged.
Pros
Temp
Cons
horrible place of employment
A really great group of guys to work with. Always finding something to laugh about while staying focused on the job.
Gas Pipeline Foreman Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Hampton, VAJuly 25, 2017
A typical day at Infrasource would start with a job hazard analysis. This would be read to and signed by everyone at the job site. Here I learned the importance of safety in ground excavation. It was important that supervisors delegated assignments properly for productivity while, keeping safety focused. The workplace environment was relaxed but, consisted of a lot of communication. The co-workers were a good group to work with that take every job serious. We did enjoy a lot of laughs. The hardest part of the job was enduring the elements, terrain and weather. The most enjoyable part of the job was always the satisfaction of a job well done.
Pros
Working for Infrasource teaches you to stay focused on job safety.
Cons
The loss of employment hours because of bad weather.
Great COmpany
Billing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lorton, VAMay 16, 2017
Nothing bad to say about them. They have great benefits and they do have opportunity for growth. Environment is also pretty relaxing. Everybody is also nice.
Nice Place to work
Executive Assistant/Legal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Media, PAMay 8, 2017
I learned a lot working at InfraSource. Exposed to a lot of different companies since InfraSource had 27 of them.l Everyone was very nice and the atmosphere was great. They were sold to Quanta services in Houston, TX.

I worked for three attorney that were wonderful. Going to work was nice.
Pros
Just a nice place to work with nice people
Cons
I had none
When i was employed at InfraSource inc.
Regional Safety Manager (Current Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAFebruary 15, 2017
I had three Safety Directors, so management was not stable. Sometimes run long wolf on the road, with no direction from upper management. They hired a new Safety Director, I don't think he will make it past an year...
there is a chance to make money
Sub-Contractor for Gas (Former Employee) –  Columbia Station, OHDecember 28, 2016
they have a good contract with the gas company not a lot of room to advance on the people are mostly good to work for as long as you keep your circle small.
Pros
scale one all the time
Cons
upper managment