Ingalls Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
management
Patient Financial Counselor (Former Employee) –  Harvey, ILMay 13, 2018
Ingalls could be a very nice place to work for, a lot of diversity. However, Management is horrible. There is too much backstabbing and favoritism towards the wrong people, Management will throw you under the bus, no support.
Pros
non
Cons
upper managemnt
Enjoyed working here
Regisration Clerk (Former Employee) –  Flossmoor, ILMay 1, 2018
Ingalls Hospital was always a place I wanted to work, because I spent so much time in the ER with my daughter, and I love helping people. I feel that my lay off came as a result of them hiring others for lower wages than they were paying me.
Nice place to work
Registered Nurse-ICU (Former Employee) –  Harvey, ILApril 24, 2018
Ingalls was a great place to work. Management wasn’t that pleasant. I learned that they were more organized than other hospitals.The roughest part was working 12 hours .i really enjoyed my co-workers.
ingalls
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Harvey, ILApril 3, 2018
ingalls is an okay job. There is a huge lack of communication and there is not job security. Everyday i worry if my job will be in jeopardy because we are losing accounts.
management
Radiology Technician (Former Employee) –  Harvey, IL 60426March 25, 2018
management is not professional and never available to speak with. everything is so secretive with no communication. everyday we are short handed but they are saving money.
Rarely get full hours or full paycheck
RN (Former Employee) –  Harvey, ILMarch 20, 2018
Sent home without full days work most days, management not interested in employees. Unsafe staffing at times. Managers break policy when they want and go home at 3pm
Very busy
Clinical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Harvey, ILMarch 12, 2018
Working in interventional radiology was a very hectic job but also exciting. I learned so much there and yet you can still not know everything there is to know. The hardest part of the job was not always being able to accommodate the patients as far as scheduling goes.
High tension and changes
Radiographer (Current Employee) –  Harvey, ILMarch 11, 2018
Hospital has gone thru many managers which added unneeded tension and anxiety in departments. Lack of communication with staff here is high. Things are improving with more staff meetings but lacks comfort in stability of employment at hospital
Pros
flexible schedules
Cons
poor communication
fun place sometimes family business
Central Processing Technician (Former Employee) –  Harvey, ILMarch 9, 2018
they treat you like family there and you don't always get alone with family but it is a family oriented place.with caring and understanding people wh are there to help.
Pros
flexible hours understanding bosses
Cons
they will play with your money alot
Great experience
Assessment and Referral Therapist (Current Employee) –  Harvey, ILMarch 7, 2018
Good experience for crisis work and high pressure situations clinically. I enjoy the experience but it can be stressful do the volume of people who need to be assessed on a daily basis in the Ed and on the units.
Pros
Christmas gifts

Want to know more about Ingalls Memorial Hospital?

Ask a question
very good hospital
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Harvey, ILFebruary 5, 2018
I would travel to nursing homes and collect blood specimens.
I would take them back to lab to process them into computer.
I would the precede to send specimens out to reference labs,
Pros
good pay
Cons
had to use my own car
RN Care Manager, ER Care Management (Former Employee) –  Harvey, ILJanuary 28, 2018
Enjoyable work environment, employee oriented, always room for advancement, opporunities for self development. Great benefits. Workplace culture diverse.
productive
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Harvey, ILJanuary 26, 2018
Our director is an excellent pharmacy director ,soft spoken but firm ,and most importantly respectful ,and makes people feel valued and respected. he did not show favoritism towards anyone.
A very good person .
Pros
opportunity to work more than full time.
Cons
location
Poor location-too far from my home
Anatomic Pathology Prep Tech (Current Employee) –  Cytology departmentJanuary 23, 2018
My favorite part about being an employee at Ingalls Memorial Hospital is the free use of the workout machines, however they've recently been moved across the street so I'm unable to use the machines frequently
Pros
Free use of workout machines
Cons
Far away
Loved
Critical Care Nurse (Former Employee) –  Harvey, ILJanuary 20, 2018
Overall an amazing environment and great place to be. The management was fair and friendly. Everyone was pleasant to work with and I would have never left if the practice I worked for didn't close.
CLA, MA and Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Lansing, ILJanuary 17, 2018
Very busy atmosphere, patients, time specimen, fast pace, fun, meeting people, learning different procedures and policies, educational tracks, shadowing
Pros
Education webinar
Cons
busy
Opportunity for advancement
Ultrasound Technologist (Former Employee) –  Harvey, ILJanuary 4, 2018
Overall a decent place to work. I definitely grew my career working here. Better management will make Ingalls an excellent place to work. I am glad that I've moved on
great nurse
Intensive Care Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Harvey, ILDecember 30, 2017
ok place to work but the nurses and the staff are excellent people to work with. Management is varied by floor and the apcm and even more varied and it dont make a difference.
High energy work place
Certified Nurse's Assistant/Physical Therapy Aide (Current Employee) –  Harvey, ILDecember 22, 2017
I give Ingalls a three star rating for employment but as a patient I give them 5 stars. Ingalls would be a great place to work if the employees were appreciated for the great work that is done by them by upper management instead of just the patients.
I enjoyed working at Ingalls Memorial Hospital
Compensation and Benefits Analyst (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 17, 2017
I enjoyed working at Ingalls Memorial Hospital along with the HR Leader. We worked well together to help the organization to attract and retain a talented workforce.
Pros
Great Leadership
Cons
No Career Advancement