InGenesis Employee Reviews

2.9
Ratings breakdown
If you like be treated like a machine, this place is for you.
Rather not say (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 30, 2018
This is the worst place to work. The lack of leadership is absolutely awful. There is no room for growth, no raises, and they treat you like machines. I would run as fast I can if there recruiters call you. As long as you suck up to your Federal Supervisor you are golden.
Pros
1 telework day
Cons
Benefits are horrible, no 401k, no leadership, lots of lies, they don't care about you. Treat you like a machine, toss you when they are done with you.
Fast Days
Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TX 78217April 1, 2018
Fast days; great learning experiences; staff very supportive; team work for an overwhelming job; management provides a highly professional work environment
Pros
Can purchase health insurance
Cons
Scheduling of 8 and 12 hour shifts, call, week end coverage
A fun atmosphere and team environment
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 27, 2017
I learned a lot during my tenure at InGenesis. I was lucky to be under great management who took the time to listen to the employees. From a learning persepective, it was one of the best jobs I've had.
none at this time
LVN (Current Employee) –  Santa Ana, CADecember 7, 2017
poor management, most enjoyable co-workers Difficult working without a government contract Company doesn,t care about employees, was given incorrect employment information upon hire
Pros
co workers
Cons
no one cares
Don't care about employees
Financial Representative (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PANovember 20, 2017
This place could care less about you. As long as you have a pulse they they like you. The best thing to do is to steer clear of this place unless you like to be looked over and treated unfairly.
Pros
Non
Good experience
Family Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 22, 2017
Complexity of patients allows for professional/clinical growth. Able to work autonomously. On-boarding/clearance process is lengthy. Culture is fun, team focused.
okay company
Licensed vocational Nurse (Current Employee) –  Bayview, TXJuly 19, 2017
the company is okay to work for. I personally never had any problems with the company. Management is pretty easy to get a hold of. Depending on the facility, OT may be available.
Horrible
Talent Acquisition Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 18, 2017
Would not recommend this place to anyone. The management team is horrible they do not know what they are doing, its all about who you know and not what you know.
Pros
Fast paced, good culture, interesting work
Full Time Employee (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 30, 2017
InGenesis provides a lot of work, basically as much as you can keep up with. At the same time it's never overwhelming, just fast paced. Also, the work is interesting, so that's a plus. I've learned a lot on the job here, and feel like I have job security. One of the other good thing is that the company is very diverse and accepting. And there are company lunches (roughly) monthly, and little events and whatnot. Coworkers are friendly and always ready to help out.
Pros
Monthly Lunches, Good pay, friendly people, diverse, engaging
Hard and Dedicated Worker
Medical Records Technician (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 13, 2017
I am a hard and dedicated worker who loves multi tasking in the many jobs I had, multi tasking keeps me busy therefore I am never bored with the job. I am a people person who loves helping people when they need help. I am a quick learner and a team player on the job.
Great for Self Starter
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 26, 2017
Great if you are looking to challenge yourself by taking on multiple roles and greater responsibility. Work independently, fast paced environment with multiple clinicians.
Excellent company research in diabetes health care
Healthcare Surveyor (Former Employee) –  Rio Grande Valley, TXApril 19, 2017
I enjoyed interviewing program participants where my bilingual skills as Spanish interpreter were put to good use. Would work with them again. I especially appreciated not being taken at my own word as an interpreter but being tested as well. The University San Antonio Health Sciences contracted InGensis to conduct a study on diabetes in the Rio Grande. My co-workers were very friendly and helpful explaining the dynamics of the job. Hardest part of the job was company car pooling while the driver was texting. Enjoyable part was taking my own vehicle to work.
Pros
Going to different cities to work in the RGV
Cons
Not happy with company car pool, driver texted while driving
Good for Gaining Experience
Administrative Contractor (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 20, 2017
Good for gaining administrative experience and getting your foot in the door at reputable institutions in the science and healthcare industry. Great opportunities for networking and possibly obtaining a full-time position. Pay was mediocre.
Good
Lead Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, PANovember 18, 2016
I'll start off by saying the pay is great! However I have not became permanent yet. But if your looking for something until you can find something permanent I would strongly suggest you go through ingenesis. Non of the duties that I have been assigned to have been hard. The only thing I don't like are healthcare benefits. The benefits are horrible. I would suggest you find a different healthcare plan.
Pros
great pay
Cons
healthcare benefits
Worst Contracting Company ever
Contractor (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 2, 2016
This company cares nothing for it's contract employees. The only thing this company cares about is money in their pocket. The on boarding process was a nightmare despite being already in the job. New hires were lied to about start of benefits date, 60 days is a God awful long time to go without medications and benefits. The company also lied about the incumbents- they said they did not know there were any incumbents despite this being a Gov. contract. I happen to know, that the information was provided to them on more than one time during Aug and Sep. I hope and pray for the contractors sake that this is a 1 year only contact that is not renewed. I would not recommend them to manage anything EVER. If I did not have this job and love it before I would run away from this company as fast as I could.
Pros
I am an existing contractor so no change in the actual job.
Cons
Benefits, lies from company, major disorganization
Great pay
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Pearsall, TXSeptember 15, 2016
Contracted employee's make great pay but horrible benefits. Contracted work was not difficult. You are never in touch with management.
Very unorganized place to work, medical facility kept unsanitary for a medical facility
REGISTERED NURSE (Current Employee) –  Lumpkin, GAAugust 11, 2016
Very unorganized and chaotic. Deep division between Ingenesis, the nurses they employ, and the Public health officers you work under, as well as the correctional facility. Ingenesis is in Texas, they will never support you or be your advocate over their client (Public health officers) you will be half trained and placed into the role of a clinical coordinator before 90 days of employment, you will not receive additional compensation for being the clinical coordinator. Facility located in small rural town without access to places to eat.
Pros
None, beside the pay, and that will not be worth it in the end. If you live in Columbus, no mileage, or per diem will be provided and round trip is 80 miles a day.
Cons
Working environment, policy changes daily. No structure, uncaring environment
Fun easy outgoing environment. i loved my patients, wll soilders are typically the patients i seen daily
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ft. Stewart, GAAugust 10, 2016
Even though this was a contract position it was sad to leave this job. The doctors were amazing, I was pretty much able to work chair side with each and everyone of them. We had procedures from restorations to extraction and even crowns
productive work plac
Center Rep (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAJuly 13, 2016
the job was a excellent learning experience to assist with Pennsylvania medical assistance providers assuring that they received the best quality and accurate information for claims processing/prior authorizations / and eligibility the environment was great my co-workers was amazing as a team the most enjoying part of the job was my supervisor and my co-workers
Pros
pay was great
Cons
heathcare not so great/no vacation time
Temporary Agency
Medication Transcriptionist (Temporary) (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 12, 2016
A bit difficult to work with due to having retired twice and InGenesis did not fully appreciate or vet a professional's qualification and life experience adequately.