Ingersoll-Rand Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
great place to work
grind, ship/rec, debur dept.,maint dept.- oiler (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAOctober 15, 2018
worked here for 13 yrs. and really enjoyed the job, people and the knowledge that i acquired while working. worked in different depts. and learned so many new things that i use on jobs today.
Pros
everything
Cons
very few
Parts Procurement
Procurement Buyer (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COOctober 8, 2018
I enjoyed working at Ingersoll Rand! I loved the people and I was able to work and go to school. They paid for my college while I worked. It was a fun but fast paced work place.
Ingersoll Rand Summary
Environmental, Safety & Health Tech (Former Employee) –  Bristol, CTOctober 2, 2018
I enjoyed working for Ingersoll Rand very much.

They help people to advance within the company and encouraged people to work together and rewarded the efforts.

I appreciated that they took a chance with me to be the ESH tech for the company.

I was sent to classes off site and on line to improve my skills.
Poor Management, No cooperation between departments
Material Planner (Current Employee) –  Clarksville, TNSeptember 30, 2018
Terrible management who do not care about the people they manage at all. No collaboration between departments results in distrust between departments.
Pros
Pays well
Cons
Culture, management, processes
An HVAC Company
Software Engineer in Test (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNSeptember 11, 2018
- Has coffee makers, fridges, and water fountains
- Quite workplace environment
- Bathrooms are cleaned well
- Highly values years of experience
- Greatly values personal interactions and relationships
Nice experience
AWS/DevOps Engineer (Current Employee) –  Davidson, NCSeptember 4, 2018
Overall good, gained good experience with devops tools scripting languages like python, exploring more on aws IoT topics, working more closely with development and testing team, accommodate with them get the source code.
Decent place to work, poor local mgmt
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 29, 2018
It was a fun place to work most days. Great benefits. Paid training was pretty often, 1-2 time every six months, usually at their beautiful facility in Davidson, NC. Got a nice truck to work out of, as well as a nice shop with the benefit of having the tool dept in the same building. Quite a few incentives. Getting the correct parts in a timely manner for jobs was often frustrating. Most coworkers were friendly and helpful, even made some real good friends there. There is a fair amount of corporate politics and the stuff that comes with it. Safety meetings were torturous and having to wear arc/flash gear was overboard. Their safety program isn't very common sense oriented, more lawyer derived.

That said, at the location that I worked, the service management was a joke. The people having that title role were the puppet of their branch manager, which was a bigger problem. That small part of the company has become a "buddy club" that, when determined, will make work life for those under them so miserable that they quit. They skew productivity numbers to their own advantage and when reported for being unethical, they are somehow able to replace themselves with someone lower on the corporate ladder to face the consequences.

I do miss working there and would love to have advanced to a role working on the larger, more advanced equipment. This wasn't a possibility because of the aforementioned management.
Pros
Overall, great place to work.
Cons
Terrible management.
Very good place to work
Design Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARAugust 29, 2018
Had an great internship and learned a lot. The people were nice and easy to work with. Bosses were flexible and did not overwhelm me with work, but were very conscious of my time.
Pros
Flexible
Great attitude. Treat employeez like adults
Claims Analyst I (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 28, 2018
This was the best culture I've ever worked in. The local managers act like humans, rather than company apparatchiks. The employees help one another and the hours are reasonable. Dress code is relaxed/professional as is the expected behavior. I was very sorry to leave when my contract ended.
Pros
Great atmosphere; interesting work
Cons
Nothing is perfect
Great people
International Traffic Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Security, COAugust 26, 2018
There are great people that work here. My boss was wonderful. The benefits were great. Everyone got along within the organization. It was a great experience.
Pros
Good people
Very Corporate , Publicly Held Company , High Standards
Vice President/Business Unit Manager Club Car (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAAugust 25, 2018
Very short-term , quarterly based management for financial results. Low risk taking culture , tightly run . Very strong QA/QC systems and heavily B2B focused ( non consumer brands to manage ) . Some fun in this division due to golf industry focus and the GA culture.
Pros
Large corporation, can move up and between divisions
Cons
Mostly financial based metrics, not much family culture, clubby
Ingesoll-Rand
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 24, 2018
Ingersoll was like the other companies I've worked for . Ingersoll was a busy and hectic and sometime very fast pace, but overall was a busy and organized company that I enjoyed. I was happy to finally get trained on the forklift .I enjoyed pulling and gathering up the orders for vendors. I think the hours were a little hard on me at the time considering some of the other things I had going on in my life. I think a had a good working relationship with my superiors. I also miss some of the people I met and worked with over the years. Overall, great job but it was time to move. In conclusion, Ingersoll was a great work experience and a chance to expand on my fork lift training from the previous job I had. Ingersoll offered a good work environment (although Hectic) , great benefits and the associates and managers were great and I was honored to work with their talent.
benefits
Cons
gurling schedules
Ok
Assembly Worker (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILAugust 17, 2018
Ok place you learn and to see different assembly...very good progress with people... benefits are great....good people to train you. Lots of overtime some mandatory some not.
Benefits
Cons
great company to work for
Global Commodity Manager, Global Procurement (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNAugust 13, 2018
IR is a great company to work for. Employees are paid well with good company benefits.The company has a global view with a global team to work with, very dynamic environment.
See Below
Category Manager (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNAugust 9, 2018
IR has provided me a lot of training and career advancement. In general, IR is a great company to work. I feel like IR is a company I can work for an extended period of time.
favoritism
Load Auditor (Current Employee) –  Evans, GAAugust 7, 2018
This is only a good job only if you don't have anything going on. he manager in the loading department has so much favoritism towards people he does not see the talent of others. Certain people get a chance to grow in this department. Tim Sims is a terrible manager
Pros
air conditioning
Cons
crazy work schedule
Clueless Managers
GISC Leader (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 26, 2018
Some of the most disengaged managers keep getting promoted because they’re a “company man.” Do whatever you’re told, regardless how brainless or unethical, and YOU WILL GET PROMOTED!!!

If you want to be mediocre, IR is a great place to hide and get paid well. If you’re hungry to do something awesome and grow to your highest potential, look elsewhere.
Pros
Get paid to do nothing
Cons
Work your tail off and get nothing in return
Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Bessemer, ALJuly 24, 2018
Relaxed place to work, NO advancement opportunities, employees that give honest work effort and does quality work is very underappreciated, disgruntled employees, insurance not good to be such a big company.
Don't waste your resume
Production Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Mocksville, NCJuly 24, 2018
I worked in the Mocksville facility. Management beyond the floor supervisory level is capricious and conniving. It was once a 5 star place to work but now aside decent salary it isn't worth your effort.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Everything but compensation
Great place to work, I had lots of opportunities and enjoyed them all.
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  MultipleJuly 24, 2018
I thoroughly enjoyed my time with Ingersoll Rand. I had lots of opportunities in both sales roles and different territories. I learned a lot about sales, time management, project management, problem solving/solution selling, and manufacturing. In fact, my favorite part about the job was going to so many different manufacturing facilities, and seeing how things were made. I really enjoyed this, and I worked with some great people, both customers, and other Ingersoll Rand employees. The workplace culture at IR was friendly and flexible. I feel fortunate to of had some great managers in my previous jobs. While I have never had any direct reports, when I was a distributors sales consultant for three plus years, I had a $20M plus territory with twenty-three distributors, and roughly 150 people that relied on me to assist them on their projects. While I found this to be challenging, it was also quite rewarding. The hardest part of the job was working on long quotes, when you have little time. Overall though, my time with Ingersoll Rand was a very positive one.
Pros
Salary, Healthcare, 401k, Company Car, Travel, Education/Training

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ingersoll-Rand. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.4InHerSight Score

3.2Personal Development

3.7Career Opportunities

3.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight