Ingersoll-Rand Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
See Below
Category Manager (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNAugust 9, 2018
IR has provided me a lot of training and career advancement. In general, IR is a great company to work. I feel like IR is a company I can work for an extended period of time.
favoritism
Load Auditor (Current Employee) –  Evans, GAAugust 7, 2018
This is only a good job only if you don't have anything going on. he manager in the loading department has so much favoritism towards people he does not see the talent of others. Certain people get a chance to grow in this department. Tim Sims is a terrible manager
Pros
air conditioning
Cons
crazy work schedule
Clueless Managers
GISC Leader (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 26, 2018
Some of the most disengaged managers keep getting promoted because they’re a “company man.” Do whatever you’re told, regardless how brainless or unethical, and YOU WILL GET PROMOTED!!!

If you want to be mediocre, IR is a great place to hide and get paid well. If you’re hungry to do something awesome and grow to your highest potential, look elsewhere.
Pros
Get paid to do nothing
Cons
Work your tail off and get nothing in return
Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Bessemer, ALJuly 24, 2018
Relaxed place to work, NO advancement opportunities, employees that give honest work effort and does quality work is very underappreciated, disgruntled employees, insurance not good to be such a big company.
Don't waste your resume
Production Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Mocksville, NCJuly 24, 2018
I worked in the Mocksville facility. Management beyond the floor supervisory level is capricious and conniving. It was once a 5 star place to work but now aside decent salary it isn't worth your effort.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Everything but compensation
Great place to work, I had lots of opportunities and enjoyed them all.
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  MultipleJuly 24, 2018
I thoroughly enjoyed my time with Ingersoll Rand. I had lots of opportunities in both sales roles and different territories. I learned a lot about sales, time management, project management, problem solving/solution selling, and manufacturing. In fact, my favorite part about the job was going to so many different manufacturing facilities, and seeing how things were made. I really enjoyed this, and I worked with some great people, both customers, and other Ingersoll Rand employees. The workplace culture at IR was friendly and flexible. I feel fortunate to of had some great managers in my previous jobs. While I have never had any direct reports, when I was a distributors sales consultant for three plus years, I had a $20M plus territory with twenty-three distributors, and roughly 150 people that relied on me to assist them on their projects. While I found this to be challenging, it was also quite rewarding. The hardest part of the job was working on long quotes, when you have little time. Overall though, my time with Ingersoll Rand was a very positive one.
Pros
Salary, Healthcare, 401k, Company Car, Travel, Education/Training
An excellent company to work for.
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 24, 2018
Some job's have that dark drab energy but I never felt that here nor did I get that feeling from my co-workers. Each department had it's own flow of nobody's more important than anyone else and team work was the norm..
Pros
Fair pay for the cost of living in Indiana.
Cons
The lunchroom kitchen stopped right before the night shift would start.
Benefits were great
CODE WELDER (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJuly 23, 2018
Ingersoll Rand was sold and or bought out many times since I worked there in the mid 80's but it was a good place to make a living and meet lots of good people.
Benefits
Cons
Depended totally on the price of oil.
This place I able to warm
Production sub assembly (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 19, 2018
This place I able to warmI love my job MS blaze good management I did sub assembly I did special order doors clerical work AS/400 I love my job but often get Laid off
Company Review
Talent Acquisition (Former Employee) –  Davidson, NCJuly 18, 2018
Solid company
Great people
Flexible work Schedule
Work on process improvement but no follow thru on it
Business and HR not on same page
Decisions made from top only
Ingersoll Rand
Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Cheektowaga, NYJuly 12, 2018
My experience with IR was not positive. I lost my family/ career because of rogue supervisors, that failed to follow technical laws for safety/compli
Pros
Positive employees, motivation
Cons
Micro-management, rogue supervisors, family disrespect
Workload is about equal to compensation
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXJuly 11, 2018
The workload is nothing difficult but repetitive and tedious. I worked with the wiring on the units. There are different lines. For example, I worked on line 4. Some lines do have to shut down but mostly the work was steady, even having mandatory overtime on some Saturdays. I worked here for two years. Even when they had their mass layoff, which they do after four to six months of working if you have been with them long enough the company will pay for you to go to school for a trade. I became a dental assistant and did not return to the company. You will have two 15 minute breaks and a 30-minute lunch. Bring your lunch because you will not have enough time to go to their cafeteria and order anything they have, eat and return to your station on time unless you can eat in under 10 minutes.
Pros
pay is good
Cons
short breaks, lay-offs
Great Company
Application and Process Engineering Specialist (Former Employee) –  Davidson, NCJuly 10, 2018
Excellent company and great to work for. Always good chance of improvement and promotion and will be great company to work for as a starting job in the industry.
cares about its employees
VP-Global Integrated Supply Chain/OpEX (Former Employee) –  Mooresville, NCJuly 6, 2018
the company has a strong commitment to employees health and drive to have involvement in the workplace. Benefits are good and drives lean thinking. Too may metrics in place rather than a focus on the vital few.
my daily routine
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Mocksville, NCJuly 3, 2018
My typical day start with a morning exercise followed by a daily review of previous machines we work on and current machine that will be done for the day. A safety topic was also discussed.
what we learned from management was the state of the company and what we were schedule for the upcoming week.Workplace culture seem to be sometimes poor because of parts shortage and long working hours shortness of untrained employees makes for a hard day. hardest part of the job was waiting for parts for days at a time. i enjoyed the job when we did morning review to know we were 100% from
Pros
employee engagement
Cons
tacking uncontrolled time off, having to use my vacation for those time that not schedule to be off
Excellent
Warehouse Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 1, 2018
Excellent place to work, work time goes fast, did all aspects of supervising warehouse, accounting and inventory reports, customer service, plenty of customer promotion events like lunch, manager would take you to lunch for opinions, great team
Pros
Taking care of employees;
Never a dull day
Full Time Employee (Current Employee) –  TNJune 28, 2018
Learn a lot about Lean Practices
Teamwork is #1 at Ingersoll Rand
Benefits are reasonable and great!
Compensation is aligned with job assignment.
Management works with everyone to develop ideas and strategies
Culture reflects leadership. There's always room for improvement
Pros
Never a dull day
Cons
Can get overwhelmed with deadlines
Good company to work for
Human Resources Specialist (Current Employee) –  Davidson, NCJune 25, 2018
Great company to work for. Would recommend this company to anyone willing and ready to work. I have had a great run with this company and it is very easy to advance here if you're willing to put in the work. Supervisors were fair and supportive. Bonuses were available. IR had fun days where all employees were invited to join in. During Christmas the flexible hours and telework was more flexible. Understanding of weather conditions allowing telework.
Good
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Southern Pines, NCJune 24, 2018
Peers were very nice. They are ahead in technology. My supervisor was a great and committed profesional A very good place to work. Staff was great. Teamwork.
Team Environment
Claims Administrator/Inventory Control (Former Employee) –  Addison, ILJune 21, 2018
We worked as Team and cross functional with each department. The Manufacturing, Warehouse and Customer Service communicated on a daily basis of goals and potential issues. Great job!
Pros
Communication
Cons
Company relocated to Mexico

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ingersoll-Rand. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.4InHerSight Score

3.2Personal Development

3.7Career Opportunities

3.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight