Ingersoll-Rand
63Average

Ingersoll-Rand Employee Reviews

United States844 reviews
Great place with great benefits
The typical day at work would include helping customers with help tickets to solve possible issues. During my work here I learned a little about programming in SQL Developer. The hardest part of the job was the day by day you would get something you have never done before or experienced.
Trane
It was pretty average. The only thing I say is that it can get abit much for someone if said person is not used to being apart of the Warehouse work environment.
Zero safety, lots of managers but no leaders, employees have no voice.
In my 4 decades of employment, this was the worst. Safety is talked about frequently with little to no action taken. Communication is strictly top-down. The Kent plant has issues which have very simple resolutions, but management is clueless as to what those are. Teams of people from plants back east have been sent to resolve issues with little effect. Office politics are prevalent throughout. Employees work excessively long shifts because management is unable to solve issues. The Toyota Production System is referenced often by management, however they exhibit a clear lack of understanding of how to actually apply it.
Good time there
I have had a good time working there but it is time for me to move on to different things. The people there are real nice to work with. The location is in a good spot
I'm
Don't like the management they let the employees run off good employees and do nothing about it. The the main manager of Ingersoll Rand at the East Point location allowed another employee to chase off several good employees she was vindictive and spiteful and she did not let the other employees do their job she got them fired and he allowed this to go on while he proceeded to allow her to treat other employees inappropriately so with that being said I don't think this is a good company to work for as long as this young woman is still working for Ingersoll Rand she's a bad addition to the company she has caused damage to the new building damage to property on on the forklift and also on certain things so she should not be allowed to stay with this company I think this is a bad employee and she should not be with the company any longer.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Co-workers are not team players
Share your experience
Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.
Company as a whole needs to be restructured
A great company to work for at first then people who are in charge do not know what they are doing and start to bring the company down long hours and less time off people are tired I need to be off work
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Not enough time off to enjoy
Horrible Management
Loved who I worked next to. My manager is no longer there, he got fired shortly after I left - maybe because of some things I told HR before I left? anyways...no one cared about the staff...just about the bottom $$. I dont deal with that too well. Also, as with most big corporations, you have 5 different programs to get into to make one change...absolute waste of time....
Great company, but the office politics get in the way.
I spent 10 years within Ingersoll Rand and I enjoyed my experience there. However, I often found that unqualified people were placed in roles due to their connection with other people in the business.
Excelente facilidades y seguridad
Excelente empresa, cultura de trabajo agradable, motivacional,educacion continua, oportunidad de crecimiento,,excelentes beneficios.
Good employer, however management was a revolving door of people
The manager that I reported to was changed over 7 time in less than 3 years, There were many contributing factors to this, however the impact was the constant change of goals and KPI's. This made it difficult to get a sense of stability and comradery.
Passionate about people.
Ingersoll Rand has been an incredible company to work for. I've grown so much technically, personally and as a leader and was given ample opportunities that challenged me.
Good first job
Started as a brazer on the assembly line working long 12 hr shifts almost every day. It will drain you. Got moved to CIE/Leader more long shifts dealing with supervisor.
The schedule is pretty working Fair enough. M-F. But the money is very low.
Kick unions out of business. The union need to brings alternative for agencies are not replace them. The working hours flexible 6 am to 2 pm. The employees are friendly. Big company
terrible
very bad corporate culture, high turnover rate, the worst company I ever worked. no work-life balance, could fire people anytime with meaning possible ways
Family
Great family oriented environment. Great schedule flexibility. Great benefits for employee and family. Opportunity to grow your career and learn every day.
Asphixiating supervision
Great training program, excellent group of professionals, my supervisor was an ex-cop with a fixation for micro-managing, zero product knowledge and an absolute ignorance and disregard of our work in the field.
fun workplace for all workers
It is a good company alot of helping hands ready to teach new workers as I was and I felt comfortable in the work area everyone was there to help me when I didn't know what I was doing which helped me alot.
Productive employer to work for
I have nothing negative to say about my time with the company. The reason for my leaving the company was due to the elimination of positions throughout the company after a merger.
Easy to Balance work and family
Very good work culture, easy to balance work and family. Management had clear vision. there were always chances to grow inside the company. Encouragement for higher studies and scholarships.
Ingersoll Rand also known as Train, the work is on going
The workers get two 15 minute breaks and a half hour for lunch. Constant standing, and moving. Heavy equipment for some, but not all positions. It is very repetitive work. You have to like doing the same thing over and over in order to love this job.
lots of growth opportunity
good communication with employees and management. good work life balance. Diverse atmosphere and opportunities to see multiple sites within your division.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ingersoll-Rand. Our community is ready to answer.
Diversity score
out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP20%
In the Top 20% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Ingersoll-Rand.