Ingersoll-Rand

United States934 reviews

Found 934 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,274 reviews
randingersollrandtranemanufacturingcompressorplantculturebenefit

Great Company

Results based company and employees are valuable. Growth opportunities are common and benefits are competitive. I worked there 36 years and grew from lower management to middle management and retired from there with a satisfying career. They have had many changes recently due to the merger and the new CEO gets very high marks from investors.

Toxic

This company had zero leadership and punished people for speaking up. Expectations to work off the clock and to answer your phone on your days off. High stress environment and SLOW technology. Would not recommend this company.

Ingersoll-Rand insights

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager

Just a number

The reality of working for a company like this is that you are just a number. They can talk all day about culture, but you really are a number. You can make good money and if you want to play the game and be selfish, you can make a lot of money with stock options. Sooner or later you will be overhead and need to make sure that you are living above your future means, as you will most likely have to find another career.

Very stressful management has it's favorites

Could be a good place to work but management really does not help you. If you are in the click you are safe. No back up help no real training. I have seen people get into a job and you better kind of know what you are doing or you will fail. ,13 years of nothing but stress n no help from no one

Great culture

Great place to work. Management looks out for employees and there is a lot of flexibility if you’re good at your job. The apprenticeship program was very beneficial and advancement steps are very clear

Good work/ home balance with good compensation

One of the best jobs I've ever had. Friendly and down to earth team leaders who are real professionals and there when you need them. They can accommodate any level of Machinist to a job with a good match for their skills. Plenty of flexibility to learn new things and move up in position. Hourly compensation is great for the region and the benefits are the best I've ever had hands down.

Okay place to work, but talent is dwindling

The compensation is decent for the work asked of you on paper. But as more people leave, and less positions are getting backfilled, everyone is getting asked to do more and more. It's getting to the point that nobody can take on any more, and people are fed up with the increased workloads.

Your manager here will be the key if you like it and will be successful.

Almost 20 years here. New outside management does not match past culture and are losing talented people and they are not replacing them with same caliber going in the wrong direction. Company is over 100 years

There is a true sense of of belonging to a team at Ingersoll Rand.

This company values people. It's shows in multiple computers policies that concern for total well being of both the employee and their loved ones are paramount.

Terrible place to work

The plant environment is very toxic and bad behavior is prompted. The management team is encouraged to show favoritism and that's the only way ull grow with the company.

Pros

Weekends off

Cons

Everything about it. Terrible people to work under

If you're not from there run.

Basically if you didn't spend your life growing up there just don't bother. Very much every one is related to everyone else and of your an outsider they will make it their goal to run you off.

Great Place to Work

Great environment and great people. The leadership seems to have good direction and treats people fairly. There are numerous incentives with the company as well.

Strong continuous improvement focus. Recommend Ingersoll Rand for anyone looking for a strong company that values Employees.

Recommend Ingersoll Rand for anyone looking for a strong company that values Employees. Strong continuous improvement culture focused on strong processes.

Given a lot of responsibility

Flexible environment to agt the job done.Always had good team building events. Annual bonus was possible on the sales teams. Matrix organizational management was flexible.

Great place to work at

Great experiences were gained from the job. The managers and supervisors were fair and polite. The pay was ok. but the daily travel, on the job training and great encounters with a variety of customers was priceless.

Great leadership and good opportunity for advancement

I loved my job. I only left because I moved. The management team is highly supportive and focused on making the work experience positive. There is opportunity for anyone that shows initiative, and many employees have been there 10 or more years. This is a great company to work for.

Pros

Lots of opportunity for skill acquisition, lots of good people to work with

Not a good place to work. Low pay increases, no merit raises. Management cares nothing for the employees.

I enjoy working for my customers, not my employer. Our management use to be knowledgeable of our product and industry. They've all been replaced by mindless drones who focus on cutting the budget. What I learn, I learn on my own. I have only been sent to Factory Training a few times. Pay does not keep up with cost of living or increasing cost of benefits. The workplace culture has deteriorated significantly. There is no sense of TEAM any more. The technicians at our office are trying to bring in the Operating Engineers Local 150 and Management, all the way up the chain of command, have committed union busting tactics including breaking Labor Laws. They have been charged with one ULP and several more complaints have been filed with the Labor Board. Management lies to us with every word spoken.

Pros

My customers

Cons

Use to have personal use of company vehicle, GONE. Use to have sick days, GONE. Use to have food, drink and activity gatherings for a job well done, GONE. Our business tools rarely work. Management is not knowledgeable of our own industry, is only there to cut budget and lies to us consistently.

Good pay

People are friendly Management could be better If you don’t mind spending time away from your family and are about money then you will fit in.Saturday and sometime Sunday are possible if needed do to demand

Pros

Pay, laidback

Do not work here

Management was absolutely horrible. I was laid off for asking for a raise. Be absolute content with being paid the bare minimum or they will terminate you.

Worked there years ago when it was ARO.

All in all it was a good place to work. It was my first job so I had a lot to learn and my co workers were nice to me. In the end, I got cut and so did my mother who had worked there over 20 years.

They treat you fairly

I always felt that I was treated fairly until I was forced into a corporate role that I didn’t want to take. I enjoyed the job but job security in a corporate position was notoriously bad.

Pros

Beautiful campus

Cons

30 minute lunch

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ingersoll-Rand. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
3.4Personal Development
3.6Career Opportunities
3.7Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight