Ingevity

Ingevity Employee Reviews

United States38 reviews
The pay and benefits are the best thing about the company. Management lacks in holding supervisors responsible and the whole management core has an issue with communication. This is a union plant and until you’re in the top 3 jobs it is chaos and mismanaged. Equipment is mostly temporarily fixed to where it causes operators more hassle.
Pros
Great benefits and decent pay, plenty of employee gatherings
Cons
Unorganized, mismanaged at times, and bottom job employee pulled to do other employees job
I wasn’t in the club of insiders. That meant everything. Some managers wanted me there but many did not, making it difficult to attain goals. The pay was middling and the culture closed.
Pros
Work-life balance
Cons
Pay and lack of acceptance
High stress depending on position. Pay is good, but you earn every cent. Company desperately needs a union. Workers are constantly walked over, and their needs are almost never taken seriously by management. Only stay here long enough to get a better job.
My previous company was aquired by Ingevity 2 years ago. Was scared at first due to the unknown but Ingevity made improvements from top to bottom and still are. Management is very approachable and are willing to hear concerns and take action. We were proud to get business of the year the first year from our community.
Dangerous work environment that is difficult on your home life. Management is difficult to work with. The hours are long and stressful and the environment is cold and demanding.
Leave a review. Help people like you.
only if upper management wants to listen and take your advice. They are all powerful gods above me who think they know everything, ask for your thoughts, share them then like to slap you in the face
IT Dept heads are complete idiots.
Pros
colleagues are great and supportive
Cons
upper IT management
It’s an okay work place! Management could be better. The schedule is fair. 12 hours a day rotational shift. Swing shift, fast paste environment. Good place to work overall.
Needs a Union! Managers are constantly working against the operators. Benefits are garbage. Insurance is nonexistent. Go to LC! Don’t waste you time here.
There is a constant focus of reducing head count and doing more with less. Employees wear multiple hats. Because of the size of the company, it is easy to stay informed and make enterprise wide change. Most managers expect 50 - 60 hours per work week. Work life balance can be very challenging.
I was hire as a 4 month contract employee. Ingevity is a good company to work for with great benefits. I enjoyed working there for the short time. Training could have been more effective. They were working on the job aids while I was training.
Ingevity, as a whole, has a great workplace culture and really thrives to show their appreciation towards employees. I was also really impressed by the work they do in the community.
When I got hired on at Ingevity, I knew this was the career for me. I started out on the bottom like most people do, and got to make my way up to level 2 which takes about a year to do and I done it in about 7 months. The thing I like most about my job is driving a forklift, meeting new customers, and talking to my co-workers every shift. We have 4 shifts and I've worked on all of them and they are all great shifts. Management lacks more than it should but we still get the job done with what we have. Ingevity has taught me many things like trouble shooting, making decisions, working hard, and most importantly it taught me how to grow up and be a man.
Not for a working parent that is involve deeply in their children’s everyday school & extra circular actives. It was a okay experience. Pay & benefits were good.
Strong values, positive culture and great people. There has been a lot of growth and change but good team work makes all of the difference. Good opportunities to learn new things and advance.
Pros
Good pay and benefits, flexible work program, growth opportunities
Cons
Workload can be a challenge
I have been with this company for 2+ years and it has surely been a learning curve for me. I appreciate every opportunity that Ingevity has offered me and it has helped me further my career.
I enjoyed my time here. The work environment and culture are great. Pay could be higher from the beginning. The worst thing about the company is rotating day and night 12 hour shifts.
Loved working at ingevity. great culture, excellent management and team work. Could improve their training process, overall is a great company to work for.
They still are having issues transitioning from the previous company. Thats all im gonna say. If you like to make money and get alot of overtime the job is great but if you hate being constantly slapped in the face for messing up instead of actually being helped and not just talked to then stay away
It has a few issues just like any other company that you have to deal with. But overall it's a good company to work for with ok benefits. I would recommend it to anybody that is looking for a good place to work that needs a stable job that you can depend on.
Pros
Where i work in the plant is straight day with weekends off.
Cons
Having to be on call for brake downs.
Poor Management.
Manager is lazy and has to high expectation of employees under him. Manager wants people to do his job and theirs also.

Manager blames other people for not getting his job done.

Most enjoyable part of the day was going home.

Least enjoyable part of the day was going to work.

Manager set unreal expectations.

Manager was never consistent with request and always changed expectations.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Poor Management
Typically an employee manages daily production and handles any arising issues with equipment or products. It is very fast paced and the plant is running 24/7 with major plant outages at least twice a year. The workplace is very demanding as they are attempting to increase production. The people that work there are high quality and will help any way they can, but it is a very challenging work environment with very high expectations. Overambitious at times, but willing to invest money back into the company.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Long work hours, exceptionally high expectations