Ingles Markets

Found 3,156 reviews matching the searchSee all 3,209 reviews

Ingles Markets insights

Based on 1,157 survey responses
What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Fair pay for job
  • Trust in colleagues

Good employees, bad management

I loved working with some of the people there, but the managers make you feel like you're nothing. It was exhausting very mentally. The main good part was how lenient they were with days off.

Fun workplace

It was great working there I wish I could go back to them the boss was amazing and all my fellow coworkers were great I would recommend anyone to work for them

Pros

Great atmosphere

Cons

Short breaks

Productive and Fun Workplace

I feel valued as an employee at Ingles. The company has handled managing the pharmacy department well since the pandemic. They increased technician labor and pay once our workload was increased due to the vaccine. Management is always available to help if there is a problem.

Incredible Coworkers, Horrible management

The coworkers were incredible, but the management was god-awful. The store manager threatened to fire me multiple times for things that were minor miscommunications and expected me to be constantly perfect. The pay was good, but hours were rare.

Pros

Decent pay, amazing coworkers, break every 5 hours

Cons

minimal benefits, bad hours, horrible management team

Sell your soul.

25 cent raise a year. 30 minute break off the clock. They'll hire some new with less experience than you and pay them more. Doesn't matter if you have been with the company for years. Slim chance of promotion. The distract manager in Greenville County is the rudest person you'll ever meet. They can just do better over all.

Pros

Co Workers.

Cons

Pay, corporate.

Productive environment

Enjoyed working with everyone. The pay was good. They never got mad when I needed days off and made sure if I wasn’t doing anything stressful while I was pregnant

Pros

Nice staff

Cons

Short breaks

Flexible hours

Good staff flexibility with hours and days. Great manager. Being part time and seasonal really help me. Having an employee discount program would be great.

Pros

Flexible hours

Cons

Can be very stressful at tmes.

The job I was assigned had alot of interaction with customers.I would see the same people come in on a regular basis.I worked alone and did as I was instructed for over 20 years.Most customers complemented me on the job I was doing.The methods I used to do my job,was part of our training.We learned a variety of safety measures that go along withour employment and how to safely use the chemicals wewere using to perform our jobs. The hardest part of my job was having to keep up with the pace when it became busy. Most of the time I enjoyed meeting the customers and felt a sense of accomplishment.I also, enjoyed talking to most of the employees,most I hadknown over 10 years.All in all, working at Ingles in West Union,SC was a positive experience I will never forget.

Pros

Basic hourly pay to start.( SC.'s rate starts @ $7.25 hr.)

Cons

A very hectic place to work, ; "Little Training" then you're left alone to do the task you're assigned.

No room for advancement or salary increase

Unless you are the managers favorite, you get overlooked and ignored. You are under paid and over worked. I despise working for this store and do not recommend. Great for special needs programs or teenagers but not for anyone serious about beginning or continuing a career.

Pros

Direct deposit is accurate

Cons

Healthcare is high.

Horrible Management and Pay

Managers don't care about you, they force you to work well beyond your scheduled hours then get angry when you have overtime and cut your hours. The pay is abismal for the work they make you do with extremely limited staffing.

Pros

Cons

Management, pay, hours, work/life balance

Japer ingles doesnt even diserve 1 star i was being generous

Terrible hours they promised me to work around my dr appointments because I have health problems and now I get yelled at for calling out for appointments. They left 3 of us alone at the deli and expected everything perfect and got mad at the "mess" when they came in. Ofc there was a mess we had like 20 customers and only 3 people

Pros

Water in the breakroom thats it

Cons

Short breaks lack of care non flexibke schedule managment that treats you like garbage, you get accused of lying when you have covid, you have tk do 10 peoples jobs at ince and get yelled at if you stop to take a breather.

bad

i did not enjoy working here. i left very quickly after one day. no one knew what they were doing and no one seemed to be trained properly or could train me right

Pros

Cons

all

Just another Cashier job with a little better work environment

Working at Ingles as a cashier was my first job & it's nice to be givin a chance. Pay isn't great and just is what it is. I liked my coworkers and managers weren't bad.

Pros

Not difficult

Cons

Pay

quit after first day

lied about my schedule, training sucked and i did not feel like anyone was helping me learn how to do anything, no one seemed like they knew how to do anything and i cried after i left

Pros

nothing

Cons

no discount, disorganized

Don't Work at the Ellijay, GA Location

Horrible Management, Irresponsible and Negligent Supervisors/Managers, Safety Issues, Low Wages, Will never be Full-Time and will be stuck at Part-Time. Not Worth It

Pros

Literally Nothing

Cons

Ben Rice, The entire store is a soul-sucking trap.

Unless it is your first job don't bother.

Poor training/guidelines & management. Employees there a couple months cliquish & will work to get you removed from department or fired. Low pay.

Pros

Easy to get hired

Cons

clilquish, pay not dependent on experience, poor training

Expect to come in early without pay

Does not compensate for extra time put in, yet expected to come in an open early. Favorites are played. Not enough help but expect safety. No time to sit for a lunch break or go to the restroom.

Cons

No lunch breaks

On feet all hours

You couldn’t even go potty when u needed too. Breaks were timed and you were only allowed one. Just very crazy place to work. Customer base very rude and demanding. You do not get any discounts.. required to work til relieved.

Pros

Cons

Short breaks not enough money

great job. horrible / rude management

really good job. pretty laid back. managers seemed to think they were royalty tho. made a ton of great friends there. it’s a good starter job for young people.

Pros

flexible schedule

Cons

rude management

Amazing company to work for. No complaints at all.

A great job to have. Great Managers. Always very understanding and truly care about their employees. Never had any issues with taking off work or having to leave for an appointment. Amazing company to work for!

eh

they are really strict about the uniform and a lot of people don't like it there cuz of the pay or the hours that they are giving but its ok for a 1st

Pros

all you can eat

Cons

with heavy costs

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ingles Markets. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
Top 50%
In the Top 50% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Ingles Markets.
Powered byComparably