Ingles Markets Employee Reviews

Found 1,688 reviews matching the search See all 1,717 reviews
productive but laid back
Deli (Former Employee) –  Jasper, TNJuly 20, 2018
All of the workers got along with each other which made it easier to come into work. Management was stern but flexible. For example, we could listen to music in the Deli as long as it wasn't loud and vulger.
Pros
easy going, laid back, enjoyable
Cons
little to no benefits
Deli Associate (Former Employee) –  Shelby, NCJuly 19, 2018
I liked ingles very much. Some of the things with management I did not agree with.only because of the way I was treated at times. Would I ever work for.them again absolutely.
Productive, fast pace work place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCJuly 18, 2018
I loved working at ingles the best job ever ! I would definitely recommend it to a friend ! The staff was great and the managers were also great ! It was a fun clean environment!
Not Good
Night Stocker (Former Employee) –  Seneca, SCJuly 18, 2018
My first week I worked almost 50 hours because people decided they didn't want to work. I was getting called in on nights I wasnt suppose to work. My schedule changed so many times I almost didn't get a day off for a week and a half. Management wasnt great and always wanted to seem bossy. People really didn't want to help each other to get the job done quicker.
It’s a great place to work
Reatil (Former Employee) –  Locust Grove, GAJuly 18, 2018
Ingles is a great place to work at the management team is amazing , I just had to move at the time so I didn’t stay long . I never had a problem out of them only what they pay but other then that , that’s really it .
Pros
Nothing really you have to be there for a year to get benefits
Cons
You don’t get benefits.
It’s a good job, it has chances to advance.
Scanning Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fletcher, NCJuly 17, 2018
Ingles is a great job for people who don’t plan on going to school but still want to make a decent living. It’s hard work, with a lot of dedication if you make plans to move up.
Pros
Many Chances to grow to more advanced levels of careers
Cons
Hard work, long hours, starting wages are low.
Good for learning and employing communication skills
Stocker/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Louisville, GAJuly 17, 2018
From the start of the morning to the end of the night, there is never a dull moment at Ingles Market. Upon entering the establishment, you are bound to see smiling faces greeting you at the door. With outstanding customer service representatives, the energy you receive from the employees is heart warming and will always want to come back.
Horrible experience
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Eatonton, GAJuly 16, 2018
While I worked there for the two years that I did, the company had changed at least 3-4 different managers. With that said, there is clearly an issue with management. It's a grocery store so it's nasty anyway because of the food, especially the raw meats. Customers can be rude as well.
Easy job
Stock Clerk (Former Employee) –  Greer, SCJuly 16, 2018
Good Job with flexible hours. The manager was very nice and willing to work with you. the culture was good. the job is body intensive and requires you to lift and pull large objects.
Pros
Easy work
Cons
body intensive
Ingles Market is a productive and friendly workplace .
Front End Cashier (Current Employee) –  Louisville, GAJuly 16, 2018
I enjoy being a part time Front End Cashier at Ingles Market I work alongside friendly and professional staff . I like the flexibility and how I am scheduled according to my availability to work also getting paid weekly as well .
Pros
flexible according to your availability
Cons
short break time
Not a bad place to work
Night Stocker (Former Employee) –  Travelers Rest, SC 29690July 13, 2018
Ok company some areas understaffed. Mgt. is good for the most part some areas of mgt. Need to be looked into because of the buddies system makes it not a pleasant place to work
Average
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cumming, GAJuly 10, 2018
You are given an opprotunity to make an average wage doing an average job. There is a slow to no promotion pay raise rate and you will bae asked to nothing special.
Great flexible work place
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCJuly 10, 2018
Typical days at work included helping coworkers and management maintain the store while providing customer service. I worked here for a long time, and would recommend the company to anyone trying to get a good staring job.
Pros
Good management
Cons
Not competitive pay
Busy
Facility Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Asheville, NCJuly 6, 2018
Flexible but not enough pay. Good for high schools kids. Would like to work where there is room to grow. I liked working with the people. I did not enjoy how busy it got at times.
Great Place to Work
Driver (Current Employee) –  Black Mountain, NCJuly 6, 2018
Family environment, management works with you. Home everyday/every-other day (a rarity in class A CDL work). Schedule is sporadic when new but after a couple years you get your own truck and bid your days. The longer you stay with the company the better the job gets, your seniority actually matters.
Pros
Home Time
Cons
Low Seniority Schedule
this place has a high turn over rate in the deli.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, GAJuly 5, 2018
poor management, no organization at ALL, the deli is infested with pesty roaches, flies, and knats swaming all around the food in the deli. The equipment we have to work with is old and breaks down a lot. they need OSH and need to be inspected ASAP. It is a total disaster.
Cons
Do not get a ten minute break, and you don't get your break on time. sometimes short on staff.
Job Requirementa
Deli Associate (Former Employee) –  Murphy, NC 28906July 4, 2018
In the Deli Department if a person was hired for a specific duty such as salad bar he/she also had to do sub bar, hot bar, meat and cheese cutting, cashier, etc. even if you were busy with a customer. Customer service and Deli Mamagement was sub-par.
Great for part-time
Cake Decorator, Produce Clerk, Cashier (Former Employee) –  Piedmont, SCJuly 3, 2018
I worked at an Ingles part time up front on cashier, in the produce department, and in the bakery department. This was a really easy-going place to work and they were flexible when it came to time needed off. There is room for moving up into departments and getting a small raise. Ultimately, everyone was so nice to work with- there are the lazy people - but that doesn't mean you can't do a great job and be noticed for it. I will always vouch for Ingles being a great college/school job!
Fum Place to work
Maintenance CoordinatoR (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDJuly 3, 2018
Ingleside at King Farm was a fun place to work. Everyone is a like a family. They know how to take of their employees. They had several rewards for the employees.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Short breaks
Ingles
Ingles (Former Employee) –  Morganton, NCJuly 2, 2018
I worked in ingles deli, they have good hours and the people you work with are great. The manager of deli is very understandable and will work with you. I had certain reason why I couldn’t continue my job there. Personal reasons. But I would highly recommend ingles, mainly the deli.