Ingles Markets Employee Reviews

Found 2,266 reviews matching the search See all 2,309 reviews
Awful!!!
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Asheville, NCJuly 22, 2019
The management was slow and unprofessional. Took weeks for me to even be put into system. I tried to relocate and no one would listen to me. They were rude and worked you like a dog considering no one wanted to work there.
Pros
30 minute breaks
Cons
Slow!!
Careless management
Deli Associate (Current Employee) –  Cartersville, GAJuly 22, 2019
Deli manager is unprofessional and lazy. He never addresses issues between coworkers and lacks empathy for the people who work beneath him. Not sure about the other departments but the deli is full of drama and lazy coworkers.
Pros
Lenient with scheduling and hours
Cons
Negative environment
Ingles
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Trenton, GAJuly 22, 2019
This was a great company working for. I had great management. I worked well with all the people. I did good there. The pay was fair for the job but I need more in order to live.
uncaring
Deli apprentice (Former Employee) –  Morristown, TNJuly 22, 2019
I had the unfortunate experience that shortly after getting my job, I kept getting sick. One thing after the other, I had to miss a lot of work. They were annoyed with me and were rude about me having to call in- even when I brought in a doctor's note for proof. It got to the point that they didn't want me there and were trying to find reasons to fire me or persuade me to quit. Eventually, one evening my manager sent a coworker into the bathroom to spy on me. And I no longer felt safe or comfortable there, resulting in me quitting the next day.
Don't work here.
Produce Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lenoir City, TNJuly 22, 2019
Just don't torture yourself and go to work here. You get yelled at and talked down to. And all for wages that are barely above the minimum wage and much lower than the national average. You're on indeed if you're reading this, so hold out for something better.
Pros
Some great co-workers
Cons
Worst management, unrealistic expectations, very low wages
Fun environment
Barista (Former Employee) –  Athens, TNJuly 20, 2019
I always had fun when I worked at ingles I made many friends when I worked there. I met alot great people including jep from duck dynasty. They have very nice managers
It was overall horrible
Service Clerk (Former Employee) –  Thomasville, NCJuly 20, 2019
The pay was low even tho I had the most experience out of all the service clerks and management was absolutely atrocious and I think the worst part was that I was doing more than just my job
My experience
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lilburn, GAJuly 18, 2019
Overall, I love my old coworkers. The job itself was not difficult. The only time I had ever had a bad experience was right after my miscarriage. I called in as soon as the store opened and said I would not be able to work until full recovery. My boss was not there at the moment and a former employee of mine took it down as a note and gave it to her as soon as she came in. I tried to call in a few weeks after and got noreply. I then decided to put my two weeks notice in and my boss read the message and never replied. Also told all my coworker I was let go. Overall an unfair experience at the end of my career.
Great work environment, Nice people to work with.
Assistant Produce Manager (Current Employee) –  Waynesville, NCJuly 18, 2019
Ingle's, i've worked there for 5 years and felt stress at times. But the management and crew go beyond to work out a solution. The atmosphere is great and would always be willing to work.
Relaxed and friendly environment
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Statesville, NCJuly 18, 2019
I am a cashier at ingles, it is still a new store so it is never very busy so the days can sometimes drag on. My coworkers are nice and fun to be around which much the hours of having to stand around waiting for customer worth it.
Easy work and nice pay.
The job is not what it’s made out to be
Service Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lenoir City, TNJuly 17, 2019
I got hours for the first month but after that they cut your hours. They don’t pay you over minimum wage and for sure don’t give you over time. They will make you do other jobs that are not listed on your job description because
Quite an enjoyable first job, only regret that part-time barely covered expenses.
Stock Clerk, Overnight (Former Employee) –  Belton, SCJuly 17, 2019
As much as I wanted to continue working only three days a week, I had expenses I needed to cover. Thankfully, the job itself was decently enjoyable, as all I had to do was unload a pallet and place the goods onto the shelves. And because it was overnight, I didn't have to work around customers.
Was an okay company to work for
Overnight Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Blairsville, GAJuly 17, 2019
Was an okay company to work for, didn’t get along well with management except for the store manager, they wanted to work with a skeleton crew and we couldn’t leave till we were finished, I remember one night we worked over 12 hours and had to come back a few hours later.
Pros
Took doctors notes
Cons
No benefits, no discounts, short staff, management
Store manager was bad
Frozen Food Manager (Former Employee) –  Morristown, TNJuly 17, 2019
My store manager never came to me about problems he had with me, and therefore, he replaced me. Never gave me a chance to do good and prove myself. I was put into the manager position with experience in the department, but not enough to be the manager. He never came to me to tell me what to do differently.
Wonderful entry job.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Laurens, SCJuly 16, 2019
The atmosphere and management of Ingles is wonderful. Everyone who works there is outstanding, kind, and patient when you are learning. Being new to the job flow, the welcoming environment was what I needed to get started.
Just a job to make some money
Overnight Stocker (Former Employee) –  Bryson City, NCJuly 16, 2019
Not the best place to work. Managers don't seem to really care about you and there's a lot of drama. There is no set time of getting out, if any other employees slack off you have to help them until everyone is done to go home. There have been many days where I would work 10 to 13 hours because someone wasn't on their game. Overtime is not allowed at all and they will send you home early on Mondays. The best thing to do is get in, get done, get out.
Used to be a great place to work an then when we changed owners all we became was an employee number
Recieving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Black Mountain, NCJuly 16, 2019
Great place to work at first. I was there 20 years. So a lot of changes over the years an not for the better. I did get great experience in a lot of things while I was there tho. An met a lot of great people.
Pros
Steady job. Good pay
Cons
Benefits was not any good. Treated you like a number not a person
It’s a fun environment but not many hours
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Shelby, NCJuly 15, 2019
it’s fun meeting new people every time you work. And I love the regulars that come in and chat with. I love working in customer service. But the only downside to ingles is they don’t give many hours.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Horrible pay and not enough hours
Ingles
Deli Clerk (Current Employee) –  Asheville, NCJuly 15, 2019
The work isn't usually too bad but I worked at a smaller store and we had less people and the same amount of work as big stores do. I like most of the people I've worked with. The store managers aren't too bad and the manager in my department has been really great.
Productive workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Piedmont, SCJuly 15, 2019
There was a good opportunity but it wasnt able to take me further in life where I needed to be for my future. There was unnecessary drama throughout the entire work place. I enjoyed talking to customers.
Pros
Nice team workers
Cons
Not so great management, drama between management and co workers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ingles Markets. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP10%
In the Top 10% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Ingles Markets.

Powered by Comparably