Ingram Micro Employee Reviews

Fun place to work
Associate Level 3 (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAJuly 20, 2018
Great place to work. Just sometimes get some busy times with the holiday season. Have a small break room with vending machines. And good parking area with an overflow lot.
Best job ever
Receiving Associate (Former Employee) –  Jonestown, PAJuly 18, 2018
It's a great place to work, you get to work overtime that is a plus. Everyone is friendly. Managers know what they are doing. somedays you go home early due to lack of workload. other than that there is so much opportunity. if you're looking for a job you have to start off through a temp service.
Pros
great work/ home life, get to work overtime to make extra money
Fun place to work at.
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  United StatesJuly 18, 2018
Picking using an rf scanner, packing. Nothing was hard about that job just trying to keep your numbers up. We did have alot of work though. We had to go through a metal detector everytime we would walk in or out of the warehouse. The cafeteria was amazing.
productive and nice workplace
Forklift Driver/Data Entry(Full Time) (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove, CA 95758July 16, 2018
My daily work was superb. I learned a lot of things in terms of the warehouse jobs. The Management team was so supportive and approachable. The workplace culture was great and nothing was the hardest part of the job, always enjoyable one.
Pros
Training
Cons
To much favoritism and not everybody is treated equal
Ingram worker (Current Employee) –  Mira Loma, CAJuly 16, 2018
At first everything is good. But after working there for a while you start to see how it really is working there. They have to much favoritism and are not fair with everybody. There's always a person that tries so hard to be the bosses puppet. So they always get away with everything. They try to get on your skin and do stuff on purpose so you can quit. Also to much jealousy. Especially if your new to a deparment. Even if your a hard worker. Your boss doesn't appreciate your work. They give it more to there favorites, meaning to the lazy ones or the ones that been longer in there deparment even if they don't deserved it. That's why alot of people Quit.
Pros
No free lunch
Cons
15min. Breaks
Just util i find something else
Inventory Cycle Counter (Current Employee) –  Millington, TNJuly 15, 2018
Im just passing through until I find something else. Its a cool job nothing negative to say about it. So until them i m going to stay in my lane. So should everyone else
Borind depressing place to work
Technician (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 14, 2018
The management. is horrible, they have absolutely no People Skills ,Non appreciative of your work Bad working conditions, if you complain or express your opinion, you will get fired. Manager yells a lot. Its like a High School environment rather than a place of work. Very disrespectful Management that does not care about their Employees. You basically show up and happy to leave at the end of the shift!
Pros
fixed days and hrs
Cons
short breaks
Love this job when I first startec
Quality Assurance Auditor (Former Employee) –  Millington, TNJuly 14, 2018
Working in QA was good at first but started to get stressful and I started to feel over worked not to mention working 12 hours everyday in hot humid temperatures they have air in QA but it's wack and to see my check it was wack too and they very UNFAIR!!! The benefit package once you become full time is AWESOME REALLY REALLY GOOD !! The main reason I stayed as long as I did oh and some of the managers and workers are really nice I miss them...... But my review is my opinion You may have a better experience especially since it has new Management changes are being made for the better hopefully......
Pros
Benefits if you become full time
Cons
Hot hot hot and unfair
Sales Department
Sales Training Admin & Senior Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAJuly 12, 2018
Working for the sales training manager was a very difficult person to work with. Working in the sales department delivering mail and supplies was the best part of the job.
Pros
working with the sales people
IT Instructor (Former Employee) –  RemoteJuly 12, 2018
I worked remotely, so I full control over managing my time. Which though advantageous due to the flexibility, I ended up working extremely long to compensate for that flexibility. Job required constantly updating certifications which could become stressful. Up 60% travel required which happened to be a good deal. Managers were very supportive to as far as they were allowed. The most difficult part is when a course version changed and you had a very short time to update and prepare for teaching. But then you could also exhaust yourself you had a period of downtime. The most regrettable part is that I was dedicated to the company and turned down multiple job offers only to have my job position eliminated. I was hoping to build an enterprise level lab which could also be rented and would have been an additional source of revenue, however the upper management apparently was unconvinced this was important enough to allocate funds. It would have completely paid for itself in 2 years or less and then it would be free money after that. The most important take away is that you must balance your needs for stability and success over loyalty. It may not be in the reverse. That said, I really enjoyed working at Ingram Micro and enjoyed every stressful moment and every exciting fun activities! I attended, baseball games, foot ball and basket games among other activities.
Pros
Free sponsored baseball, basketball and foot ball games
Cons
Sometimes it can be hectic and demanding

Want to know more about Ingram Micro?

Ask a question
Great coworkers job is easy.
QC Inspector (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 10, 2018
Fun place to work. It’s a very diverse place and very friendly people. Poor management and communication. Advancement promotions mostly by who you know than how you work. Need a total clean up like from the scratch to the Quality department and operation specially boses that had been there for a while because they will also pass on that bad culture to new management.
Pros
Friendly coworkers, more overtime during pick season.
Cons
Constantly changing schedule, short notice, favoritism specially in quality department.
Fun and motivating work environment.
General Labor (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 5, 2018
I learned a lot about all the tasks, I surpassed myself in all the areas, getting to do intelligent and interesting works.
Pros
Over time availability.
Cons
12 hours of work.
It was good
Packaging and shipping phone parts (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 5, 2018
I liked working there, but they moved to Indiana so I no longer had transportation . Nice people . Good job.

I like the people and I liked the work that I did there . They helped us get to Indiana on a bus for a while, but now there is no bus or wait to get to job since it moved to Indiana
It seems you live there alot do to over time
Ops coordinator (Former Employee) –  Jonestown, PAJuly 3, 2018
If you are single and have no family or kids this is the perfect job for you. You will work 7 days a week want November comes thru the end of December due to holiday season. But have good medical insurance.
Pros
good insurance
Cons
alot of overtime
clean environment
Printer Specialist (Current Employee) –  La Vergne, TNJune 29, 2018
great place to work if you can dedicate your time to meet their needs learned great work ethics to apply elsewhere
supervisor and manager well respected
no hard parts easy days and available overtime
great co workers of different cultures
Pros
beneifits
Cons
short lunch
Fun workplace
Supply Chain Specialist (Former Employee) –  National Capital RegionJune 27, 2018
The company is a fun workplace. People were given a chance to speak their minds. Hardest part is the tedious work itself but we still manage to finish it on time. Most enjoyable part is to be with the vibrant people.
Pros
Not too strict on phones in the operations
Cons
Not too much benefits
Not a bad Place
Sr. Technical IT Services Architect (Former Employee) –  RemoteJune 27, 2018
You are generally stuck where you are hired and it is a typical large company. The pay is on the lower side but the benefits and people are excellent.
It depends if you are in the Frat or Not
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Williamsville, NYJune 26, 2018
Ingram Micro is great for young people just starting out. At first perks seem great but eventually physical prizes (like TVs and often times people will end up winning 5) and trips do not compensate for liquid cash that you can pay your bills with. People there will do the same job there for 12 years to finally get promoted to do the same job with a slightly higher hourly pay and more of a cut on team spiffs. If you a person who is in the middle of your career its not that great because you are waiting to get promoted behind people who have worked there for many years and want to get promoted after doing the same job for a long time. Its very clicky and unless you are young and fun or well connected it's difficult to make your way through their clicks. In sales with it being prize driven and prizes are determined by manufacturers people can become very vicious and undermining. If I could have just done my job and I did it well I won Presidents club twice and if I could have just focused on the technology and opportunity without the nasty culture I would have stayed. I was at 100 % or more for my year over years sales goal with the exception of 1 year I came in at 97%. I am not sure if being good at my job caused resentment but the culture of Ingram unfortunately made working there unbearable. Lets put it this way when I interviewed at Ingram a recruiter warned me that she didn't Iwould like it there and I tried it anyways. It ended up being one of the worst decisions I've ever made and to this day I still regret it. Ingram does not deserve to be labeled the Best Place  more... to Work in WNY for Buffalo Business First and they do push you to take that survey so they win it. I miss my customers I miss learning about technology but I don't miss the culture the cattiness and the viciousness of that company at all.  less
Cons
The culture emphasis on cult
My supervisor has his back and his employees
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Plainfield, INJune 22, 2018
My supervisor lied to cover his own back. I loved my job and loved what I did. I loved and worked hard for Ingram. Everything that was asked of me I did. I was a Marine for 26yrs and have always been a hard worker
Pros
Good work invirment
Cons
Supervisor
not bad but not for me
Tech 1 Tester (Current Employee) –  Hebron, KYJune 21, 2018
this place is okay but stays hot they do not try to cool this building down at all. i had to bring my own fans and they gave our department 4 and all the doors stay closed. work is easy but the computers are a pain they are really cheap and have horrible PC's that are from like 2002. Blue IQ is horrible and has many stupid steps that are not ideal for a warehouse environment. you scan item, check item, check costumer comments and then see if it's true,bag item and every individual piece,box it then go thru the 20 plus steps of blue IQ then fill out a paper called a traveler that is just redoing what you did on computer.
Pros
nice people, laid back, low quta
Cons
Hot Hot Hot

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ingram Micro. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

3.2Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight