Ingram Micro Employee Reviews

Found 899 reviews matching the search See all 1,487 reviews
Decent place
Financial Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Williamsville, NYNovember 8, 2018
Overall a good place to work, however each year seems to bring about a new direction for the company. Worked in a couple roles that allowed me to see how many areas of the business operated.
Pros
Work like balance
Cons
Expensive benefits and constant restructurings
Productive place
Specialist (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 7, 2018
Production place..good communication between boss and employees. Need to respect a little the workers life because sometime forget that..the people there try to do the hours on time but sometimes need like a minutes range en case arrive late.
Company does a great job shooting for average..
Strategic Sourcing (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CANovember 6, 2018
pockets of capable and strategic thinking people, but the other 'lifers' quickly drag them down for fear of change or losing power. Terrible or non-existing policies and rigors of how things are done so everything is a firedrill.
Pros
ping pong
Cons
healthcare, management
caious
Ops Manager (Current Employee) –  Millington, TNNovember 5, 2018
I can only speak for the location I worked in. It was inconsistent the management team was unprofessional. the morale of the employees was low. Managers sleeping with employees.
Pros
Pay
Cons
16 hrs day work every weekend, no bonus, always short employees
worst accounting dept ever
accounting (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CANovember 4, 2018
This is the worst accounting dept I have seen in my life. There are way too many people touching the same accounts and way too many duplication errors. The management team leaders are very poor and unprofessional with a lot of favoritism which leaves the moral very low. And on occasion be prepared for random people to come yell at you in a very unacceptable work environment manner and management doesn't do anything about it. That should be grounds for them being fired. No one in other depts seem to know how to do their jobs or they are just all very lazy and so there is no support from other depts to resolve issues. Very poor working environment with people who don't care to help anyone else. No team work at all. Would not recommend anyone to work here!
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
very poor management
OK - Could Be More Authentic Internally and Less Robotic
Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Williamsville, NYNovember 4, 2018
This is very much a learning organization - consistently sending out surveys to employees for feedback and insight. Information is searchable internally - you should be able to find answers to your own questions. However, with that being said - you will appear to be an idiot if you don't know how to use all the tools at your fingertips. The interaction (million scheduled meetings/activities) between superiors and entry-level employees seem a bit robotic/forced. This company still needs to find an authentic balance between our advanced tech-communications and our actual human resources/interactions.
Great working Place
Operations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lickdale, PANovember 1, 2018
Great job to work, clean place to work, fun work place, big break room with real cooks, enjoyed working with Management, got to buy Products at lowest price
Pros
Holiday lunches
Cons
short Breaks
Great work place
Inbox Manager (Former Employee) –  Williamsville, NYNovember 1, 2018
Great place to work, co workers are great. Very understanding management. Fun place to work. Lots of free food and perks. Beautiful facility. Very secure. Exciting and technology is on the edge.
Pros
Many
Cons
Locatioin
worked too much
Lead Sorter (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 29, 2018
working 6 days a week at least 8-12 hours depending on workload.
had to learn as you go after training
management wasn't very dependable when it came to answers to questions about work
hot in summer and cold in winter
hardest part was no time to self and family
the coworkers were the best part
Good place to work and great people
Sr. Executive, Channel (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAOctober 29, 2018
I enjoyed working at Ingram and really enjoyed the different people I came in contact with including Ingram employees as well as the customers I supported in the field. In my role there I was able to provide suggestions on hoe to grow the business as well as effect the way we shared our solutions. Because of the travel nature of the role, attending the many Ingram events, I was exposed to many different solutions the company offered. Overall I enjoyed working at Ingram and was excited about the sales strategy we put in place before the purchase by HNA.
Pros
Great people and great solutions
Cons
room for advancement
Bad job
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 25, 2018
Job is not what you as a person would wanna do i hated the job wish i never wasted my time at that place management is terrible and the staff and leads are no good
Productive and Fun
Sales Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Williamsville, NYOctober 23, 2018
Ingram Micro is a good stepping stone to start your career and move to a higher paying job to a reseller or vendor. Each department has their own views and follow their own criteria.
Ok
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 21, 2018
Fairly okay for a start. But the pay was a bit small to keep a family up.
I know by know things must have change. They really need to work on this but this is a good company to work with
Productive and fun working place
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZOctober 20, 2018
Ingram Micro is great company and I would recommend someone to work there. I am looking for more growth which is why I am looking elsewhere. The company has good 401K, PTO benefits but the salaries are generally low and corporate lifestyle is real there. I'm looking for something faster paced and more challenging.
Pros
Good hours, benifits
Cons
Income
Terrific Company, Even Better People
Manager, Training Alliance Program (Current Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCOctober 20, 2018
With so much technology and so much of it changing rapidly, this is the center of it all. The focus is entirely on the customer and you get all the support imaginable to make their experience the best. From top to bottom (although you're never treated as if there were a top or a bottom) you're working with great people.
Fun and productive.
Worked hand to hand (Former Employee) –  Plainfield, INOctober 19, 2018
Nice place to work . Provides opportunity to grow with the company. Always taking suggestions and improving for the employees and to satisfy all their customers.
Great to start for channel experience
Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAOctober 18, 2018
The opportunity to learn and grow is amazing with great resources. Depending on your superior you will have a great or bad experience. The people are great to work with.
It was a good experience
Order Picker & Packer (Former Employee) –  Millington, TNOctober 16, 2018
During the time that I worked here. I was just so happy to be working here, it was a good job to have at the time and plus it was close to where I lived at the time. This was a good job to have and also a good experience, but it was a temp job only. The job was not hard at all.
Limited Food Availble
Recruitment Specialist for Talent Acquisition (Former Employee) –  PhilippinesOctober 16, 2018
The site of the said Organization in Manila provides limited selection when it comes to food. The nearby establishments are also expensive. Food cost average ranges from 100-150 pesos.
If I could give 0 starts I would
Picker (Former Employee) –  Millington, TNOctober 15, 2018
This place is a horrible place to work for, they don’t care about if your kid is sick or even if your family member is dying they want u there regardless and if your not there they lay u off, like they did me and then tell me I’m not allowed to use the bathroom but while everyone can I can’t it wasn’t fair and it was ALOT if FAVORTISM
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ingram Micro. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP5%
In the Top 5% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Ingram Micro.

Powered by Comparably