Ingram Micro Employee Reviews

Found 932 reviews matching the search See all 1,553 reviews
worst accounting dept ever
accounting (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CANovember 4, 2018
This is the worst accounting dept I have seen in my life. There are way too many people touching the same accounts and way too many duplication errors. The management team leaders are very poor and unprofessional with a lot of favoritism which leaves the moral very low. And on occasion be prepared for random people to come yell at you in a very unacceptable work environment manner and management doesn't do anything about it. That should be grounds for them being fired. No one in other depts seem to know how to do their jobs or they are just all very lazy and so there is no support from other depts to resolve issues. Very poor working environment with people who don't care to help anyone else. No team work at all. Would not recommend anyone to work here!
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
very poor management
Very toxic workplace, no accountability and very poor management
Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAAugust 2, 2018
Extremely difficult to get work done here. Very poor execution across the board. People do not show up for meetings. No accountability or integrity. Very poor culture. A lot of gossip, very toxic place. People are physically ill a lot and some management is very corrupt. There are some good people but they are either new or have been there for a long time. Very high turnover and a lot of layoffs.
Benefits
Cons
Corrupt management, toxic people, gossip, no accountability, very high turnover
Competitive & fast-paced yet rewarding environment.
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXJune 8, 2018
Ingram Micro might not see like much at first glance, but inside its walls is a large warehouse in which the more competitive you are, the faster you will excel. The starting pay is not too bad but work hard and you will quickly reap the rewards. The environment is comfortable and the people are friendly. You quickly develop bonds and good work ethic working among-side some of the most focused and goal-oriented employees you could hope to work with. Management is strict, but fair. They genuinely care about those they oversee.
Pros
Relaxed environment | Accommodating lunch/break room
Cons
No discounts | Lunch too short (15 mins) | Manual overtime
Great coworkers job is easy.
QC Inspector (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 10, 2018
Fun place to work. It’s a very diverse place and very friendly people. Poor management and communication. Advancement promotions mostly by who you know than how you work. Need a total clean up like from the scratch to the Quality department and operation specially boses that had been there for a while because they will also pass on that bad culture to new management.
Pros
Friendly coworkers, more overtime during pick season.
Cons
Constantly changing schedule, short notice, favoritism specially in quality department.
I Hate That I Left Them So Early
Computer Technician (Former Employee) –  Millington, TNOctober 14, 2018
Great company for a start up career. Better than Fedex and Dell in my opinion. Fantastic benefits, management and decent pay. I only left because I had to relocate. If I stayed, I surely would've been promoted.
Benefits
Cons
Located away from the major cities.
Salary is fair
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 1, 2019
Excellent management, employee culture is great, autonomy. Great benefits PTO. People are friendly almost as if you have to "be cool" to work at Ingram.
Benefits
Cons
Salary is a little low
A good environment
Leader (Former Employee) –  OtherJune 8, 2018
Great company, in the office I was in managers had a lot of autonomy in decision making and building the culture of their own team. With the good managers it was a great environment, really felt part of the whole, but there were a couple of managers that promoted toxic competition, rather than a healthy one with badmouthing team members and other departments. I would have liked to see a more cohesive culture rather than such great fluctuations from one department to another.
Pros
free to express ideas, promotion from within
Cons
toxic management not kept in check
Ok
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Jonestown, PAAugust 29, 2018
I would work 8- 10 hours 2nd shift monday thru friday. During November to December is peek hours, where you would work 10-12 hours everyday until customer needs were met. Work was hard on O.P. forklift where they would keep track of your percentage. On pallet runner was less physical work, but had to make sure priority lane shipments were down at shipping. Benefits are very good, but pay a little on the low side. Management is better than it was, but need to address better communication and work hour fairness.
Benefits
Cons
lower pay, hours
Love this job when I first startec
Quality Assurance Auditor (Former Employee) –  Millington, TNJuly 14, 2018
Working in QA was good at first but started to get stressful and I started to feel over worked not to mention working 12 hours everyday in hot humid temperatures they have air in QA but it's wack and to see my check it was wack too and they very UNFAIR!!! The benefit package once you become full time is AWESOME REALLY REALLY GOOD !! The main reason I stayed as long as I did oh and some of the managers and workers are really nice I miss them...... But my review is my opinion You may have a better experience especially since it has new Management changes are being made for the better hopefully......
Pros
Benefits if you become full time
Cons
Hot hot hot and unfair
Good Culture, Employees are treated well.
Support Representative - Sales (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJanuary 1, 2019
Company provides benefits beyond retirement plans and healthcare benefits. Other incentives and free food/items are given from vendors to representatives. Workload is monotonous but is not difficult labor. It is a challenging career to get up to speed with the structure of the business.
Company does a great job shooting for average..
Strategic Sourcing (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CANovember 6, 2018
pockets of capable and strategic thinking people, but the other 'lifers' quickly drag them down for fear of change or losing power. Terrible or non-existing policies and rigors of how things are done so everything is a firedrill.
Pros
ping pong
Cons
healthcare, management
Great
Channel Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  Williamsville, NYJanuary 14, 2019
Great company, good benefits, great compensation. Only downfall is job security. You don't know if your job will be here today and gone tomorrow. Also they need to allow more work from home opportunities.
Productive Competitive Workplace
Material Planner & Support Rep 1 (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 9, 2019
Each day a good one with challenges and learning experiences throughout.The people are always kind and generous to help in any way possible.
Good benefits of paid holidays, vacation time.
Culture always pleasant.
Fast paced environtment.
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAJuly 24, 2018
Ingram Micro is a well oiled machine, as you learn more with your job they groom you for the next step up. One negative is most of the reps are not as much micro managed as much as under a microscope. You were required to to X amount of certain things daily which can be a bit of a grind whether it's needed or not.
Pros
Great management, great co-works, professional environment
Cons
Required repetative daily tasks, bit of favortism on promotions vs hard work
fork lift driver
Forklift Driver--Temporary (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, PADecember 6, 2018
Long hours strong standards as far as production. Great pay wonderful benefits , not accessible by public transportation. Very busy during the holiday season
Pros
great pay
Cons
far from a lot of cummunties and a need for a car or car pool .
dysfunction junction - stay away
Manager (Former Employee) –  Jeffersonville, INMay 24, 2018
culture is horrible, management and HR have no intentions of fixing it, facility could be shutdown after contract runs out with existing customer, results have not meet customer expectations. its a chop shop for labor that doesnt pay as well as competitors, so the turnover is abundant, therefore more mistakes and less productivity.
Pros
Cons
work/life balance, management, culture
Good place to work and great people
Sr. Executive, Channel (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAOctober 29, 2018
I enjoyed working at Ingram and really enjoyed the different people I came in contact with including Ingram employees as well as the customers I supported in the field. In my role there I was able to provide suggestions on hoe to grow the business as well as effect the way we shared our solutions. Because of the travel nature of the role, attending the many Ingram events, I was exposed to many different solutions the company offered. Overall I enjoyed working at Ingram and was excited about the sales strategy we put in place before the purchase by HNA.
Pros
Great people and great solutions
Cons
room for advancement
Borind depressing place to work
Technician (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 14, 2018
The management. is horrible, they have absolutely no People Skills ,Non appreciative of your work Bad working conditions, if you complain or express your opinion, you will get fired. Manager yells a lot. Its like a High School environment rather than a place of work. Very disrespectful Management that does not care about their Employees. You basically show up and happy to leave at the end of the shift!
Pros
fixed days and hrs
Cons
short breaks
Not worth it
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Jonestown, PASeptember 8, 2018
The company hires temp workers at $10 an hour for non equipment workers and $11 for equipment workers and when you become permanent you get an extra $1 to start and .40 or 50 cents every 6 months but this was implemented somewhat recently.The highest workers make $16-$18 per hour but they have been there 10+ years.Temp to hire depends on expected work and not performance.Overtime is told last minute so you cannot make plans during your work week. .The work is easy but the job is stressful due to late in the shift label releases that cause unneeded overtime.
Pros
easy work, 2 15 minute break for an 8 hour shift, cafeteria with vending machines in and outside the working area
Cons
no worthwhile advancement, advancements available nets an extra $1, supervisors hired from outside the warehouse
Irrespective supervisor
Receiving and Shipping (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 30, 2018
I was working in receiving and shipping department.Hardworking and honest employees but poor management and supervisor doesn’t respect you at all.probably he thinks he is superior than anyonelse. I don’t expect him to be nice every day but also not rude and always yelled at us. I would not recommend anyone to go this company because you will not feel being like you were treated right even after completing you every task properly. Take care of your employees so they will takecare of your business. It’s all simple as that.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ingram Micro. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

3.2Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight