Ingredion Employee Reviews

This was a good company to work for with challenging opportunities.
Senior Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  KansasJanuary 3, 2019
Working within a process plant environment safety was stressed as the highest priority. Plant safety goals were part of everyone's performance objectives.

Engineers were given a great deal of responsibility in managing their projects and staying within budget.

The challenges were maintaining communication between engineering, production and maintenance.

Plant management was very supportive of the engineering group in getting projects approved.
Sad to see the plant shutdown
Instrumentation Technician (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CADecember 27, 2018
Daily work could be something new or a regular routine with PM work orders.

I learned so much in the Field as well as Schooling on top of following various Safety courses and Safety guidlines.

Unfortunately changes in management had a great affect on the way the plant was ran towards the plant shutting down.

A definite multicultural workplace environment

Shift work was the most difficult part of the job adjusting to sleep patterns.

I am so thankful for the opportunity that Ingredion has given me to expand my knowledge in the field that i am currently in
Pros
Excellent Wages, Paid training/education, Company Matching
Cons
Poor Management
relaxed but occasionally health hazardous conditions. 7 day work schedules with lots of manadatory and available overtime. relaxed supervision.
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 18, 2018
Can be extremely hot, dirty, dusty work environment. A very safety conscience work program. Exceeds any OSHA or FDA REQUIREMENTS. Excellent pay and benefits. Some times offset by conflict between family life and work schedules.
Pros
Union environment. excellent pay and benfits.re
Cons
mandatory unannounced overtime at any time. Dusty, hot, and dirty work environment.
Food bank for seniority persons in Singapore
Principal Technologist-APAC (Former Employee) –  Bouna Vista , SingaporeSeptember 12, 2018
The company had great EHS activity to collect to packaged foods with 6 moths shelf life remained at least . The activity has been announced to all company members with well organized timeframe and plan. In Singapore , there're lost of seniority persons living in housing government and though they were supported by government but others organization also could be of help in this point.
Pros
not waste food
Paid well, hard work
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  IndianapolisAugust 21, 2018
Ingredion is a very challenging job. You can expect to work 12 to 16 hour shifts.The type of work comes with lots of responsibilities. If each individual does his job well and works well with their fellow employees , the job becomes that much easier. If on the other hand a person doesn't perform their job well it can cause a domino effect and lead to bad performances.
Pros
Healthcare, 401k and vacations paid.
Cons
No sickdays, pensions froze and retirement benifits could be better.
What I learned
AR Analyst (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKOctober 23, 2018
I had never used SAP before coming here, and now I feel like a pro. I learned that 3 screens is much much much better than just one. Learned that lunch is optional. Working 55+ hours per week for months on end gets no rewards, but being tardy by only a few minutes every day will get you in trouble.
Management Assumes No Responsibility
Quality Control Microbiologist (Former Employee) –  Bedford Park, ILAugust 21, 2018
The buck is often passed and the little man always takes the fault.
Ingredion offers competitive pay and benefits but you wouldn't know it for all of the unsatisfied employees, many of whom are jumping ship.
Pros
competitive pay, benefits, company events are nice
Cons
management, culture, morale is low everywhere
Its okay
Process Operator (Current Employee) –  Stockton, CANovember 11, 2018
Full time job. Rotating shifts can be tough for work/home life balance. We worked 12 hours on weekends. Not bad, but shift change was at 3am! Great pay and benefits.
Pros
Great pay andbenefits.
Cons
3-3 schedule on weekends. ugh
Great place to work.
Sr. Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Westchester, ILNovember 17, 2018
Great atmosphere and lots of culture. Takes great pride in Safety and Diversity. Several acquisitions handle by new CEO proved the companies dedication to striving to be the best.
good paying job for the valley
Utilities Operator (Current Employee) –  Stockton, CAOctober 22, 2018
fair place to work, day to day operations of the plant are mostly smooth sometimes the communication between management and its employees isn't the best but still a great job
Very professional place to work
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Bedford Park, IL 60501September 25, 2018
Very fun place to work. Lots of nice people.Promote within, and all way willing to help when needed. Always had outings and good food.Never worked at a better company.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Not enought time there.
Ingredion
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Westchester, ILOctober 18, 2018
Ingredion was a good company that went bad. I was there a long time and saw the company deteriorate . The upper management change was inevitable. Sorry to leave but it was the right thing to do.
Great work environment
Maintenance Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Stockton, CAJuly 30, 2018
Benefits and pay scale were adequate for the duties required. The atmosphere in the maintenance department is collaborative and relaxed. There were always opportunities for growth and development.
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
shift work
Laid back.
Contractor (Former Employee) –  KansasOctober 31, 2018
This is the most laid back place ever. I had fun working as a contractor for this company for almost 2 years. Laid back, they really help you do the job .
Nice place to work
Senior Control Room Operator (Current Employee) –  Stockton, CA 95206August 6, 2018
Cool people and a great place to get trained up. The rotation of the shifts was a bit hard on the home life but the pay was worth it. Just too bad they decided to close my plant down.
Lots of changes
Procurement Asst/Materials Mgmt Asst (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 2, 2018
There are a lot of changes going on in our business right now and while I enjoy working here I am concerned about the changes that are happening and how they will affect me
Great job and coworkers
Process Operator (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 27, 2018
I worked at Ingredion (formally National Starch and Chemical) almost 33 years. It was a very good job and a very interesting job. I would often work 16 hour shifts and never had a complaint. The overtime was plentiful and the money was good. I worked my way up to 6 weeks vacation a year.
Pros
Never layed off, paid well and lots of overtime. Benefits were good.
Cons
Its not a good place to work if a person suffers from allergies. A lot of dust and mold.
Exciting workplace.
Supply Chain Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Westchester, ILMay 19, 2018
This is an exciting working place, that has room for advancement with competitive pay. Offers health and wellness groups, offers internal and external trainings for related job
Pros
Fun lunches, diverse, integrity
Cons
Outsourcing
located on a Campus with other companies, Cafeteria on campus, Nurse practitioner on campus no charge,
Senior Credit Analyst (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, NJFebruary 19, 2018
Day-to-day high level of motivation, efficiency and ability to meet any objective, alone or as part of a team.
I learned that knowledge and documentation is key.
Management very supportive, little supervision allowed to work independently, open door policy.
The culture was open and inviting, friendly, safety oriented
Hardest part was the low authority we were given, had to go through 2-3 other departments for resolution.
Most enjoyable was the relationships I built with internal and external
customers and being recognized for accomplishments.
Pros
Safety week, Family Company Picnic, Corporate Cup Challenge
Cons
late night coverage, non-upgrade of system
Poor Management
Accounts payable (Former Employee) –  TulsaMarch 9, 2018
Management treats employees as bodies in chairs. I never interviewed with the manager just the temp service and was sent the following monday. Training is mediocre at best. Management is trying to put a shared services together but has no clue...maybe in 5 years it will be a okay place to work
Pros
They paid for parking
Cons
No training long hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ingredion. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.0InHerSight Score

1.9Personal Development

2.0Career Opportunities

2.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight