Inland Kenworth Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
The best place I have ever worked
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 28, 2018
I started working at Inland Kenworth on Nov 1,1996 and was the best company I have ever worked for in my career. I started out cashier than moved to receptionist.
Management was great and really cared about their employees and you dont find that anywhere else.
Co workers were the best i have ever worked with. Real team players and fun to work with.
Very laid back atmosphere and management never looks over your shoulder. I would have went went back but I had many medical issues over the past 6 years.
Company really appreciates their employees and our generous with raises. They are always praise and give recognition to employees.
They also care about family and encourage you to take vacations.
I dont think their is another company like them in the world. If i could give them 20 stars I would
Pros
Great management and employees. Great money and benefits
Cons
No cons
Very productive place, very busy
DIESEL MECHANIC (Former Employee) –  Fontana, CAMay 14, 2018
Keeping up with the consistent and growing work flow. Completing numerous repairs on different components on different vehicles. Trouble shooting of electrical and after treatment systems
Simply the best co-workers and managment
Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZJanuary 22, 2018
Being a off site tech, hours where based on truck to repair. three years working truck repairs became minimal. I was cared for and recieved all benefits that any other tech recieved hours just where not enough for my location.
Good Benefits
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Carson, CAJanuary 9, 2018
Great Benefits, Management needs a lot of work. They need to help advance their employees and not base advancement only for those how old their are but how willing they are too.
Decent Benefits
Heavy Duty Diesel Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJanuary 2, 2018
No advancement opportunities for younger techs, low pay and no raises.
Employee Appreciation events and holiday parties are a plus but not worth the lack of advancement.
Pros
Breakroom
Cons
No breaks for non smokers, low pay, no advancement.
Positive work enviornment
Parts courier professional division (Former Employee) –  Fontana, CAOctober 2, 2017
Inland Kenworth was a positive work environment and fun place to work. However as a parts delivery driver specifically the San Diego route from Fontana I was burnt out from driving. Lots of overtime on that route and you better like traffic.
Good job for learning the roots of heavy duty fleet
Diesel Technician level 2 (Former Employee) –  CASeptember 20, 2017
It's great job to start off working show you alot of great opportunities and study material , have complete access to paccar engine and new software they provide , high recommend but very strict on dot inspection and required to join a union
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Union dues, high insurance out of pocket
Was nice working with people.
Parts Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Farmington, NMSeptember 16, 2017
Good paying job and was paid bonus one time out of the month due to how much we make sells on parts. And same as meet new people and had good benefits.
Carson location has really poor leader/management
New Truck Sales and Leasing (Former Employee) –  Carson, CASeptember 9, 2017
Carson location basically a satellite location to support the Montebello branch. Under the right sales leadership , Carson would be a thriving and growing stand alone location. All of the competitors largest revenue generating locations are in this area supporting the large fleets that service the 2 largest ports in the country. Unexplicably, the Carson location, open nearly 5 years at this point, still doesn't have a rental department, full service leasing to speak of and literally zero to near zero new truck sales inventory. Management actually closed down the used truck sales department in 2016 when the location sits in the heart of the used daycab tractor market in the country. The only explanation is total incompetence. Carson Inland Kenworth needs a true sales professional calling the shots, not a baby sitter with no sales aptitude to grow the business
Pros
Great Parts Department
Cons
Management is clueless, totally dependent on the foot traffic generated by the name brand and parts department

Comment – September 11, 2017

This is so true. One of the largest fleets in the area awarded the Carson rep the business only to have management botch it up and ultimately lose the deal. Unreal !!

good company to work for
Shop Foreman (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMay 17, 2017
great people to work with. good benefits and competitive pay. training offered to stay up to speed in the industry. working conditions are above normal for Tucson.

Want to know more about Inland Kenworth?

Ask a question
Clean Environment
Diesel Technician-Entry Level (Current Employee) –  Tolleson, AZMarch 22, 2017
They really need to have an apprenticeship program. Coming in as a entry level is not what is to be expected. Hardly touch a machine. No real leadership and management are not interested in individual progress. Sad to think how the mighty dollar can be so important that the future of a employee is pushed aside. If you have been in the industry for awhile then this would be for you.
Pros
Clean work
Cons
Lack of Management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Farmington, NMJanuary 25, 2017
I really don't want to review this company. I still have hard feelings bout being laid off and I feel that it would not be a fair assessment. The General Manager of the branch that I was employed is a micro manager.
the learning experience was great.. wondrful experience ..
SERVICE ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  tucson azNovember 29, 2016
answered multiple phones greeted customers. filed, updated customers, wrote up work orders, worked on the computer system. Did daily logs I had a awesome boss great co-corkers...meet great people .
Nice new shop
Diesel Technician-Entry Level (Current Employee) –  Tolleson, AZOctober 17, 2016
Good company to work for. The new shop is clean with full services. A typical day varies as to work load. Sometimes it can get slow but the company has training modules to increase your knowledge as well as training in new technology. Hardest part of the job is when it does get slow, sometimes its hard to stay motivated. My co-workers are very helpful, if you don't have the right tools they are willing to help and lend you what your needing.
Pros
Most of everyone gets along
Cons
Advancement
See resume
Accounts Payable / Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Farmington, NMApril 14, 2016
Inland Kenworth has provided the best training and I thoroughly enjoy working for this company. If it weren't for relocation I would love nothing more than to stay employed with this company.
Not a bad company to mechanic for.
Truck Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Farmington, NMMay 15, 2015
Inland Kenworth trained well, had a great facility, & good benefits. Truck repair is hard, grimy work in general, but if that is what your chosen profession is, do it in a dealership chain such as this one.
Great Experience
OFFICE MANAGER - (Current Employee) –  Carson, CADecember 2, 2014
Would not trade the experience for anything in the world. Great place, great people.
Average place to work for.
Parts Manager (Current Employee) –  Farmington, NMFebruary 13, 2014
Ok place to work for, had to bring a lot of good culture when I started there. I've learned a few thing mostly on my own not very good training program. Co-workers are good to work with. The most difficult thing in this job is learning their bussines system when there is no training.
Pros
Hour of opperation, flexibility
Cons
heatlh care, location.
Productive and always busy.
Accounting/Cashier Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fontana, CASeptember 3, 2013
Daily routine consisted of counting cash drawer and getting ready for customers. Balancing cash drawer at the end of the day. Received customer calls; checked daily accounting reports; balanced ledgers.
Pros
Free lunches from customers once in awhile.
Diesel Technician (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 12, 2012
Great company to work for with great benefits. Relaxed and safe work environment.