Inmar Employee Reviews

good place to work.
Cloud/DevOps Engineer, Winston (Current Employee) –  Salem, NCFebruary 20, 2019
Fun place to work, with good employees and good managers. Learned a lot from my peers and seniors. Flexible with work time and maintains stress free environment
OK to work there
Sr. Programmer (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCFebruary 19, 2019
I worked there many years ago, cannot attest to current working conditions. It was stressful and going thru major cultural changes when I left the company.
Bad management and waste of time
Clients Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Milford, OHFebruary 1, 2019
When i was hired i received a couple of hours of training and that was all. They used to have two weeks of training for this position but have downsized drastically and no longer have a trainer. There is no positive reinforcement here. Very negative atmosphere. I would not recommend.
Pros
Pto
Cons
Bad management
Great workplace with room for advancement. Fun environment, equipped with a game room which helped cultivate a stress free workplace.
Operations Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Johnstown, NYJanuary 31, 2019
A typical workday at INMAR would involve me working alongside my team to ensure that our freight was brought to us in a timely manner so our forklift drivers could ensure our buyers receive their freight in a safe and timely manner. While my unloaders were making sure the intake and outtake was flowing, I was coordinating with the Operations Manager and buyers or reps, along with dispatchers to ensure loads would be picked up, and pitch new ideas to buyers or prospective buyers. One thing I learned was making sure my employees understood exactly what I expected from them on a daily basis! The hardest part of my job was making sure my buyers understood the importance of having their carriers on time so daily flow wouldn’t get backed up! The best part of my job was seeing the growth of my employees and the happiness displayed from buyers when we over exceeded their expectations!
Pros
Flexible schedule, fun but responsible work environment.
Cons
Carriers not meeting their appointments which impacted our daily mission.
No path to advancement
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 29, 2019
There was too much gossip that created a bad work culture. The general manager was great but many of the supervisors who worked for him were unprofessional.
Pros
Some good employees
Cons
The bad employees
Not a Good Company to work For
Processing Lead (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 23, 2019
Very bad work environment. Unethical company with horrible management and leadership. Most employees are foreigners who do not speak English. I would advise anyone to stay away from this company. It is a dead end job.
Pros
Cons
Too many to list
There is nothing fun about this place have get coworkers is all that is great
Scanner (Former Employee) –  Rural Hall, NCJanuary 20, 2019
No structure very poor management very unfair pay production job only apply to certain people management will discuss your personal business with non personal people.
Cons
Great company to work for, growth oriented
Senior Accounts Payable Specialist (Current Employee) –  Salem, NCJanuary 19, 2019
Great place to work and advance your career. Growth oriented and ahead of their time. The work is hard because the company is growing so fast but worth the effort due to all of the perks.
Pros
family oriented
Cons
growth is faster than employee placement
The Simple Things
Senior Client Receivables (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCDecember 7, 2018
My time at Inmar was meaningful. A typical day consisted of coming in, getting my morning kick whether it's breakfast or coffee. The duties assigned to me were sufficient. I learned a great deal with this company, from the various managers, team, leadership, etc. Rarely do you find a corporate job that for the most part is like a community. A community isn't filled with a certain type of people so the same goes for Inmar, it's made up of multiple people and backgrounds. this means you'll know quickly whether you can make room for yourself or this isn't your thing. If it's not your thing, just leave in a timely manner. The morale is engaging, they recognize the hard work employees put in for their clients. They highly believe in rewarding you with bonuses, team outings, award ceremonies, incentive parties, etc. There is no flip side but to truly analyze where you fit in. There's room for everyone, whether you're socialite, introvert, corporate climber, or tech head, etc. The training is extensive and can be carried with you to other jobs. That's a plus in itself. No it's not perfect but it's just right for the right person if you know why you're there. If ever that question becomes unclear or you can't quickly answer it, then it's time to reroute a few things in your career. But you'll learn a wealth of knowledge there and there are some genuine people who care about your development and well being in life. The benefits are a step above average and come in handy in life. The free will to frequent various restaurants in downtown WS is a plus, on top of the food vendors who come  more... weekly. The YMCA is next door for that moment when you need to go cool off if need be. As stated a little community. They will be there for you when you're least expected. Keep a notebook and pen handy as it's corporate so there are plenty of meetings. At the end of the day, no matter what you see or face there, keep it simple and mind your business and you'll be just fine and will find an appreciation for Inmar in your life.  less
Run!!!! A waste of time
Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Winston-SalemNovember 2, 2018
Thought this job would be wonderful. Had high hopes. After over three years of working very hard, no promotion or hope of one. In three years our team dwindled to a third of its original size, not due to loss of accounts or business, but because no one wanted to stay. Management had no training, HR is ineffective and on the side of management,pay is the pits, stress level high. Some who are lazy get to get by not working while the ones willing to work take on more and more work. Ridiculous behavior with cliques and backstabbing that makes the job even more difficult and management will not address this. This company is all about image but fired many people i knew over 60. Just them. They call it “reorganization” more like ageism? Not a good place. Don’t walk from this one....RUN. (Btw, I resigned, not fired and therefore disgruntled) I wanted to warn people to not make the mistake I did by working here. Years and hard work wasted. What a mess this company is! The CEO tries to show how “real” he is by parking in the last space in the employee parking lot and walking with employees into building— twice a year. What a laugh!!!
Pros
Offers health insurance and pto
Cons
Low pay, little recognition, poor management, ineffective HR
Excellent company to work for!
Sr. Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCOctober 2, 2018
This company cares about its associates and its clients. They go above and beyond to provide opportunities to learn and grow. Departments collaborate and you are provided with all the resources you need to fulfill your role. Unfortunately, it can be difficult to advance into another role because they focus on experience for most new hires, and if you don't already have the experience it is difficult to gain it without the opportunity to do so. This is understandable from a business perspective, but can be disappointing if you plan to grow beyond your current role. People stay with this company. I would have too, had I not wanted to relocate closer to family. Remote positions do come open from time to time, but again, they hire experience.
Pros
Provide person development opportunities, great benefits, good salary
Cons
Harder to advance, few remote opportunities
Worst place ever!!
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 25, 2018
Worst place to work. There is rats, maggots just plain dirty. Manager are shady people two face . so un professional no class plain trash. HORRIBLE PLACE TO WORK!
Pros
Schedule
Cons
Two face managers!!
Boring
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCSeptember 21, 2018
You stand in one spot all day. Scanning discarded items. Sometimes leaking or dirty. Very hot all day. Amazing Manager but workers were full of drama.
Pros
Good manager
Cons
Boring and hot
Nice Place to work
Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NC 27101September 19, 2018
This is a nice laid back place to work , I think the company growth has taken away from the companies original core values. At this time the position does not match with my education level and experience.
Inmar
Manager (Current Employee) –  TXSeptember 13, 2018
Lots of changes so patience is a must. Long hours with little work life balance and ok pay. Leadership is very engaged and wants to improve but hands are held by higher.
Very poor company to work for.
QA (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCSeptember 12, 2018
This company is all about the bottom line, and they don't care how they get there. They turn a blind eye to unethical behavior within management, and intimidate those who try to live up to their "standards of excellence" in real life. Honesty is NOT the best policy here, and will get you in trouble, prevent you from success, and prevent such things as promotions and advancement. Human resources is a joke, and definitely is on the side of management. They go with the cheapest thing around regarding benefits. Everything has a dollar sign attached to it, and if it doesn't make the company money, then they don't want to entertain the thought; regardless of how beneficial for others, or more efficient it is. Beware of favoritism and cliques. If you aren't part of it, you will not advance.
Pros
Varied vendors in cafeteria, sometimes can telecommute, varied job openings, volunteer opportunities, some very knowledgeable staff
Cons
poor benefits, favoritism, toxic culture, PTO had to be taken in 4 hour blocks
Overall good company with some flaws
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCAugust 31, 2018
There is a vast difference across departments on how they handle time off, working from home and promoting people. Inmar has solid values, however many do not uphold them.
Okay, I guess:
HELP DESK SUPPORT (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAAugust 9, 2018
It was a pretty chill place to work. Everyday was business as usual. You don't really get an opportunity to learn new things but the place was fun. Management had an sub-par to okay attitude. OT was frowned upon, missing days for any reason extremely frowned up on, and raises were not even possible. Overall, I really enjoyed the people @ Inmar but it wasn't a very good job and definitely not a career. This job did get me the experience I needed to go into real IT.
Pros
Friendly environment.
Cons
No chance of advancing. Tight spending for employees. Very little days off.
lack of leadership, and no help from the company at all
Consumer Relations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJuly 31, 2018
Inmar Co, was the worst company I've ever worked having had 15 or more years of great customer service. I would not recommmend this company to anyone. All day everyone is at a meeting. no help at all.
Pros
Cons
everything. layoffs
Workplace Culture
Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJuly 30, 2018
I did not work at Inmar with David Mounts as the CEO, but it was an amazing company to work for. They were supported and provided opportunities for me to grow.