inMotion Employee Reviews

Good company to work for
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 18, 2019
Good company . You can make a career out of it .
Management was good
Sales environment was good .
True team effort in my locations ( I worked at more then one and helped out at wat more then 3) .
Some Senior management and Executive management communication was clear .
Like Disney, it's fun at first.
Manager Assistant (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 17, 2019
My review:

I was employed at the Denver airport store for about two years. Poor work environment to work for, you will be taken advantage of or lose your job.
Pros
Spiff
Cons
Lack of opportunity
competetive sales
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNApril 5, 2019
work place can be a bit "high school" oriented. management is present and happy to be helpful however. you're given a lot of information to be able to learn and sell audio products quite well.
Atlanta Airport employee (3 years) QUIT LAST YEAR!!!!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 1, 2019
Terrible company. Definitely a popularity contest, no room for growth unless you’re in management good graces. No support from management, they make their schedule to benefit them then leave you with whatever’s left. You only get 1% of your commission every month that’s IF you maintain a 5.0 MPR. Stand all day, only get paid 9-10 an hour as an associate. Worst company I’ve ever worked for.
Unprofessional
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 31, 2019
Working here wasn’t a good experience. It only ate the managers messy but the team as well. It’s very ooorly organized, little to no training, and unprofessional.
Pros
An employee discount and location
Cons
Pay, team mates, management
We help people
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 23, 2019
If you can handle the airport environment daily and like electronics this is a good job for you. Can be slow at times but your coworkers help you get over it. Bring your own lunch the airport is expensive.
Pros
Being around the new technology
Cons
Upper management went corporate and forgot about being humans
I worked at InMotion Entertainment full-time
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 6, 2019
Good working environment, I got to meet a lot of people that would fly for business. Being able to learn and test out the products was a plus, then letting the consumer try the product would help generate sales while increasing my UPT & ADT to earn commision plus my $10 hourly wage. You win a lot of new electronic devices that we receive in the store based on your sales for that products brand. Exp: Bose QC 35 II, Shure headphones, Sony MDRX, B&O, JayBird, Moshi, Mophie, etc.
Lots of Incentive.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJMarch 4, 2019
I Loved working for Imotion I was there for 6 years before I left.If this job was a 9-6 I would still be there.I always felt like my hard work paid off.Inmotion just not the job for a single mom.Inmotion showed me how much I loved to sell and how good I was at it.
Pros
Incentives, teamwork, and Integrity.
Cons
Long hours.
Non Qualified Management
Warehouse Shipping Associate (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 9, 2019
Management is appointed by tenure rather than education and/or skills; management has no leadership skills or basic social skills. Problems that arise are dismissed unless you are considered a "preferred" employee. Favoritism for ex-military is grossly observed.

Pay is non-transparent and very very low. Overall average of increase has been 2.10%.
Pros
1 hour lunch, 2- 10 minute breaks, earphones/earpods are okay
Cons
Wages and management
Fun and high spirited.
Order Picker/ Warehouse (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 5, 2019
Working with this company has made me better at my job position. It has also helped me to grow internally. I have also learned how to really get along with co-workers.
Pros
Great bonuses
Cons
Need more work.
Complétive, goal oriented and fun place to work.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 22, 2019
Ensuring the travelers and customers a nice enflight experience was a wonderful experience and highlight of the day. Managers were extremely helpful and willingness to lend you a hand. Sales Associates were friendly and resourceful.
Pros
Employee discount on products
Cons
No balance/ work life, horrible schedules.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 9, 2019
I highly Recommend this place for anyone only for a good job. People skill are great and extroverts will do well. while working here you may find that you will learn more about music and sound engineering. the job culture is welcoming and friendly.
fun and great
Sales Costumer Service (Current Employee) –  SLC, UTDecember 7, 2018
Workplace had nice benefits at this particular campus, but the management was difficult and pay was lacking for contractors. Full-time and in different areas would likely be a better way to work at Indeed.
Located in IAH , great environment and staff
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 4, 2018
I’ve been with this company for just about 5 years and i’ve learned so much from all my managers and even the great staff. I’ve made friends here and consider my store manager a mentor . I have met celebrities and very important business people from around the world here which is one of the few advantages of working in the airport. My absolute favorite part of this job is the people , from the customers to the airport staff. So many different people and cultures! The airport is truly it’s own little city.
Pros
Opportunity to move up, Flexible hours, Customer Service Training, Commission, Health Insurance for Full time
Cons
Hours, Must be open to working Holidays, TSA security lines
Could have been better
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Jamaica, NYNovember 28, 2018
Could have been better. Management sucked as well as pay. No benefits nothing really much in anything. Pay could have bee better and as well as commsion payout.
great place to work
Store Manager/Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNNovember 26, 2018
Coming to work every day focused, engaged and ready to have a productive day.
Taking customer service and retail sales to the next level by asking great questions of customers, listening to their needs, demonstrating the latest in high tech electronics and making the best recommendations.
Bringing your best talents to the table to create an experience for customers that exceeds their expectations.
Exceeding sales goals and being driven to set new standards for yourself and your co-workers.
Promote and support co-workers by congratulating the great sales and encouraging those to reach further.
Work very closely with the store management on following standard operations of the store.
Ensure the store is representing itself according to company standards. Keeping the store organized, clean and operating with efficiencies.
Ok
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 19, 2018
It was an okay place to work but the hours where brutal and compensation for bonus are a joke.Management were willing to help out when needed and was flexible with schedule.
in motion
Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 8, 2018
Great work environment at in motion. I really liked my day to day tasks and it was not stressful. A typical day at work was enjoyable and allowed me to be creative and help support a team.
Unrealistic expectations from Corporate that make working for the company terrible
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 25, 2018
The Aerial manager and corporate makes it extremely difficult for the team by making unrealistic goals and degrades the head manager even though the team is consistently hitting the sales target. They praise positivity and to have a positive attitude but are constantly being negative towards the team.
Pros
hourly pay plus bonus and commission
Cons
unrealistic expectation and a never satisfied aerial manager
small but focused
Manager, Design, Architecture, Sales, Product (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 24, 2018
I enjoyed my time at inmotion / EDP - fun, interesting, good for a self starter, the upper management is fairly hands off but remains connected and engaged,
Pros
freedom
Cons
upward movement