Inner Parish Security Corporation Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
productive and fun workplace
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAJuly 16, 2018
I really had fun and enjoyed myself working at Inner Parish Security Corporation. The only thing hard about working here was the night hours, cause sometimes, it got boring.
Interesting Job
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Security, TXJuly 11, 2018
Fun to work with as far as the traveling from city to city, great pay and paid weekly was a big plus. Meet people from different states coming to work in Texas. Poor management. It seemed as if every two or three days management was changing
bad company
Loss Prevention Officer (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJune 27, 2018
they send you all over the place give you no fuel allowance nothing adding stuff to the people caught stealing that they did not steal just to get there numbers up
I loved having the authority to protect people
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Houma, LAJune 22, 2018
Having the authority to being control of others really excited me. Protecting citizens and work areas was very please for me and also having the right to practice something that Im good in.
Cons
No breaks at all
Poor Management
Armed Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Hammond, LAJune 14, 2018
Poor management, and very low pay for Armed Security. They dont comp you for gas or hotel if you have to travel out of state. Either get less than 25 hours a week or close to 60, and the highest paid post is $9.00 hour at a high risk truck stop casino.
Pros
Co workers usually friendly.
Cons
Extremely Poor Management
Worst place ever!!!
Federal Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Bossier City, LAMay 30, 2018
They are the most unprofessional security company I have ever been with. Supervisors lie to your face, tell you one thing and do the exact opposite. What I was paid is not the same as what was on my separation notice there was a $12 hour less difference.
they are okay
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMay 23, 2018
the location out of Baton Rouge only fends for themselves, they told me that they don't do transfers.... only to find out when I got to the area I wanted to transfer to they had lied about not doing transfers.
Pros
flexible
Armed Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Hammond, LAMay 7, 2018
Temporary FEMA work. The job eventually ended. I walked an area for the most part providing security to FEMA employees. I do not have experience working for the company at their home base.
Good for those with no other obligations
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAMay 4, 2018
The majority of the sites are truck stop casinos and you will mostly be verifying I.D.s and providing a presence of security. The hours are inconsistent varying between 6, 8, and 12. You will be on an on call status until they can find you a steady place for you to work; the on call status can last as short as a month to as long as 4 months. These calls can come at anytime, but will usually be around the shift change hours (6-8am, 4-7pm). However, if you do not like inconsistency or having to check your schedule every day, stay away. It is good if you need a short term job or wish to work part-time, but if you desire a full time job for the long term, look elsewhere. And Lastly, the management is also poor; there seems to be a total of 4 supervisors for 100+ employees with 1 resigning every other month.
Pros
Hiring process is fast, pay is weekly
Cons
Inconsistent hours, poor management, no reimbursement for travel
Security guard
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAApril 25, 2018
Most days I would be inside a guard shack giving access to vendors and whoever else needed to get access into a building. The job was mostly laid back
Chaotic, Urorganized
Workhorse (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAApril 24, 2018
I've never seen a company more unorganized in my life..chaotic..low pay no benefits..long hours..Your personal needs don't matter, as long as someone is covering a site..no communication...should I go on? Well, I'm not!
Cons
Poorcleader ship and lack of comunication
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Vidor, TXApril 23, 2018
Was refused days off even with family emergency and was not allowed sick time. If employees took of sick the were terminated. Field supervisors did notvlnpw what they were doing and treated employees horrible.
My Experience
Federal Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Victoria, TXApril 12, 2018
enjoyed working for this company, however, once the site closed down after harvey, there were no other positions available and everyone was laid off. I was forced to find other work which became diffficult since Victoria is a small town. Really want to go back to work
Pros
40 + hrs
Cons
contract or job ends
Great supervisors that works well with the employees
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, LAApril 10, 2018
Inner parish is a great job to start your career off with..u learn how to meet and greet but also protect alot of people from harm..i love my job at inner parish
a job
Admin Field Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAApril 4, 2018
close to home but leadership was at a minimal Not enough officers to accompany the clients needs. low pay. Morale is down. . Company is small little concerns about staff
Pros
close to home
Cons
pay
Laid back atmosphere
Armed Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Kenner, LAMarch 31, 2018
In most areas, nothing goes on, though as an armed security officer, one must always remain vigilant. Hardest part of the job I'd say was those graveyard shifts where you had to keep from falling asleep.
Fun and Exciting place to work
Regional Manager (Current Employee) –  Kenner, LAMarch 29, 2018
Something new each day. I enjoy working with the clients and security officer on a daily basis.

Company is accommodating when it comes to requested time off.
Family Owned And Oriented Company
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, LAMarch 29, 2018
This company is privately owned by a family, and they instill in their employees that each and every employee is part of that family.
The human resources department is great. They are always willing
to assist with employee issues. So Is The payroll department.
The Area That I work in, the managers for that area work with employees as far as giving time off for dr appointments and my childrens school activities.
Pros
They are accomodating with schedules.
Cons
wish the health insurance plans were better
Great Company
Dist Manager (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, LAMarch 28, 2018
Great company to work for. If you apply yourself you will have the opportunity to advance. I Honestly feel like I’m part of a family here. They also have strong Christian beliefs that align with the way I strive to live
Pros
Competitive pay
Cons
Super challenging at times
inner parish
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Gonzales, LAMarch 23, 2018
unprofessional didn't like the manager i was with. he was horrible. wouldn't go back there. its up to you to try it out and see if you would like working for this company