Inner Parish Security Corporation Employee Reviews

They just want warm bodies
Armed Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAFebruary 16, 2019
They'll have you as an on-call floater for at least a month, telling you that they want to see where you fit in the best. I made the mistake of being the guy that answered his phone every time they called and was therefor stuck as a floater for a little over three months, even though various site managers called my management to specifically request me. After all that, IPSC put me on the least desirable post there was and refused to accommodate my excellent work performance.
Pros
paid every friday
Cons
Terrible management, terrible hours, lies lies lies
This company is not for career-goers
Officer (Former Employee) –  Kenner, LAFebruary 13, 2019
This sort of company is more for people who have retired from military or police force and just need a little something in their lives. Advancement is not a possibility and the pay is far lower than most believe it should be, given the requirement to wear a gun at all times.
Pros
Free breaks
Cons
Lack of communication, ever.
Do not work for these liars!!!
Security Officer (Full-time) (Former Employee) –  Orange Beach, ALFebruary 13, 2019
I spent 4 months working the Phoenix condos in Orange Beach working anywhere from 60-90 hours a week during the summer. I slept in my car most nights because there was no point in driving home for 4 hours in between 16 hour shifts. I would not have been so mad about the whole ordeal as I like getting a nice big check with lots of overtime, but they paid straight time for all of my hours. I asked several members of management to fix it every pay check and was given the run around over and over until I finally quit. These scam artists violated federal law and still owe me close to $3,000
Pros
Lots of hours
Cons
Don't get paid properly
Hated it
Armed Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAFebruary 11, 2019
Worst Security company ever. No type of direction choatic environment. They dont have your back at all. Terrible pay had 4 years experience as a security guard and was give 8.00 to start with no chance of negotiating. You tell them you need certain days off and they will still call you to come in. Sometimes I mean most of the time your relief doesn't show up forcing you to do another shift. With no promise of a relief showing up. I was hired on spot and asked to go relieve another guard who was left on shift for 17 hours ridiculous. Was asked to travel to far sites and wasnt reimbursed for my gas. It's a terrible place to work I swear management is a freaking joke. They wont bat for you and come to your defense it's a circus over there I don't know how they have clients.
Pros
Did you read my review their is none.
Cons
The whole company is a con management is a joke.
Terrible
Seacurity Officer (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJanuary 23, 2019
This company has no compassion for their employees. They also remove you from a post that you may enjoy being at, and also will cut your hours for a punishment. I was fire this morning for putting my family first. These are the reason why they have a high turn over. Management will try to manipulate you into doing things for them that you don’t want to do for them. In return they screw you. I have never work for a company that has poor management. It’s sad, because even the people they have contracts say they have poor management. One moment your making $12.00hr. The next for punishment, $8.00hr. If your reading this and decide to work for this company. I would strongly suggest that you try another company. The pay sounds good an all. But, this company doesn’t take care of their employees. Wish you luck.
Great Opportunity
Corporate Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Hammond, LAJanuary 17, 2019
One of the largest privately owned security firms on the Gulf Coast. IPSC gave me a great opportunity to develop relationships between Texas and Florida.
It was a ok job
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJanuary 11, 2019
I had to work 3 days they was not gone give give me full hours I had to beg them for hours because I wasn't making enough money so I waited for awhile for them to return my calls to see if they would give me hours
Best Security company I have ever worked for.
Ar (Current Employee) –  Houma, LADecember 28, 2018
I am a current employee and I absolutely love who I work for. They look out for you and are available to answer any questions you may have any time day or night. I feel backed by them. You grow as an individual and learn alot. I highly recommend.
Pros
Environment and great Supervisor
Cons
Would like to be paid more but who wouldn't
productive and interesting
Security (Former Employee) –  Orange Beach, ALDecember 12, 2018
For it to be a seasonal job the overall experience was okay and i'm looking forward to be apart of the 2019 season . i would recommend this company to anyone
working at IPSC
Security Officer (Full-time) (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXDecember 10, 2018
Management at IPSC is horrible. they treated employees very unfairly. A few supervisors including the Director were very rude to multiple employees. i dont recommend working for ipsc.
Very poor staffing
Field Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, LADecember 3, 2018
Started off as a Supervisor little did I know this would be the worst days of my life. Extremely short staff and management lies to you blantly to get what they want out of you.
Pros
Working with friendly people at the different security sites.
Cons
Lies; SHORT STAFF; unorganized; management is very unethical
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LANovember 14, 2018
It was an ok job. Not too many hours were available and the pay wasn't much at all. They mostly called me when others called out. It was an ok job. Not many hours.
An outstanding security company!
Armed Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LANovember 10, 2018
If you're in Louisiana, Looking for a good way to retire. This just might be it. If you're young, gotta attitude and wanna show off for the ladies, this is it.
Maybe you're just looking for a good job. This is it.
Pros
Management.
Cons
Some guards are lazy.
Stressful work environment with smoke and alcohol at the casino.
Armed Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAOctober 24, 2018
Poor management they did not have my back when I obeyed state policy about alcohol not leaving the casino with the customers. Customer was banned for driving with open beer and drinking but I was let go from the casino because patrons mother and father complained to manger that I banned him from the casino.
Pros
Cons
Low pay, no benefits, smokey work conditions
N.a
Armed Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAOctober 22, 2018
Monitoring the area, paper work, casino security.........

It's a great company with great benefits. J would recommend someone to work here at any giving time
Good job
Unarmed Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Orange Beach, ALOctober 11, 2018
Flexible, good pay, relatively easy, kind coworkers, competitive hours, could have better communication on all ends between management and workers but overall a great job to have
There was a lot of back and forth in this company.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAOctober 8, 2018
Office manager and supervisor were always contradicting each other. One would say it’s okay then the other one would come behind them and rearrange things so it’s nearly impossible. There was very little management support and they were always blaming problems on someone else. Their website was constantly down so you couldn’t check on your employee paperwork. Just a big mess!
Pros
Worked with great people at the job site
Cons
Very little pay and no benefits
3rd shift job
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Anniston, ALSeptember 16, 2018
It is a slow paced job that is a 12 hour shift I did like being able to go on the ships even though I was on them to make sure nobody was trespassing and the ships didn't feel up with water other then the long hours it was a ok place to work
The manager is very rude
Cage Cashier (Current Employee) –  Lake Charles, LASeptember 13, 2018
The manager pretend to care that I have a young child and that my babysitting arrangements had change and graveyards was to much for me with my kid going back to school but when I called him and asked for hours he was rude and wouldn't give me any
Pros
Weekly pay
Just a job, not a career
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Destin, FLSeptember 10, 2018
With no benefits at all and very limited chances of advancement, this is a place-holding sort of job, not a job to hang your hat on. Management is constantly after you to work on your days off, during tourist season shifts can be 12 hours or longer and turnover is excessive for obvious reasons.
Pros
Lots and lots of overtime
Cons
No benefits, poor management, too many hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Inner Parish Security Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.