Innovage Employee Reviews

Don't do it
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant temp (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COJanuary 5, 2019
This place is horrible. Staff is a joke. The same staff that has been there past years are the same mean girls they still have. They can't keep anyone because the horrible experience you get from your teammates. Girls will leave in groups and totally abandon patients and you just because they can!! You never know where your coworkers are. If your new you WILL be doing all the work and left alone and will eventually leave, like everyone else does including myself. The staff does not care at all about the patients. They refuse them simple things like coffee or even breakfast if its one minute past the time cut off and most likely it's their fault cuz they sit on their phones ignoring you. Stay away from this place. It's dirty. Bedbugs like crazy also. Management will seem to care but is also a huge part of the problem. Stay away!!
Pros
Monday through Friday
Cons
Everything I state below . The list goes on...
Lets leave it as 😤🤯
nu (Current Employee) –  San Bernardino, CANovember 24, 2018
Everything so sugar coated. When i first started to work my spider sense started tingling. Its no wonder they lose as much staff. First they treat them so wrong. They over work there staff with no remorse. Second the essense of health care is not even existence. Third the upper management needs a total make over. Im a strong beliver that happy staff happy customer. Meetings are so more important then actually rendering care. No offense with the non-managerial staff they are great to work with. I can probably count managerial staff on my hand who are trying to make change if they would let them. Also they need to let each department run it on the department terms. Like let Medical Clinic run as a Medical clinic. Rehab as rehab. Not enforcing what you want. Also crunch time is not a good way to render care. Can it be a nice place? Yes just dont see 🤑 and go back to basic and focus on 🤕😷. Also its look like THEY are coming to replace us for one of them ALT.👨‍⚕️
Pros
Great team. Support avaiable when asked
Cons
upper manager. Crunch time.
Love It Here
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, COOctober 30, 2018
Innovage is a breath of fresh air compared my previous CNA employers. They believe in what they are doing and do not let anything get in the way of completing their mission. They believe that good employees should be taken care of by letting you know that you are doing a great job verbally but also by showing you by giving you a raise just to show their appreciation. The management is great. they are the perfect balance of understanding and compassionate while holding you accountable.
Pros
Management, pay, work/life balance, fun, energetic, provides advancement opportunities
Tough but Rewarding
RECEPTIONIST (Former Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 17, 2018
Working with the elderly is, at times, difficult and I think working at InnovAge helped break through some personal barriers. It is slightly fast paced but in the end the care for the participants is what matters most.
Great place to work.
CNA/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Roanoke, VAAugust 28, 2018
Innovage is the best CNA job in my area. You couldn’t ask for a better work environment, we are a small center so it’s like one big family. Management really listens to your concerns and advocates for you as an employee. The participants are wonderful and it’s such a great program alternative to keep the elderly more independent. You get PTO, Paid holidays, set schedule, paid snow days, decent pay, it’s just a very warm loving place to work.
Pros
Great management, M-F schedule, family like atmosphere
Cons
Stressful at times.
Fun Working Place
Activity Assistant (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 27, 2018
Nice to work for, no micromanagement but too much drama between departments and co-workers on their cell phones and gossiping. Otherwise if you can stay out of the drama it was a great place to be!
Pros
Fun to work for
Cons
No advancement / Increases
Innovage, where growing pains is the endless excuse for everything
Support Staff (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAAugust 3, 2018
Innovage San Bernardino is a hot mess. The turn over rate is horrendous and the quality of care rendered to its participant population is God awful. In the past couples of years, leadership has changed continuously. The people who left understood that this place was a sinking ship. It currently feels like all the misfits from Altamed were hired to run this place. As it currently stands, leadership is run by people who used to work for Altamed. The participants who we serve are gold. It is the only highlight of this place. It's too bad that the quality of care that they are given is equivalent to that of a volunteer medical clinic. There are still a few good employees working at this location, and I feel sorry for them. When you apply for a position, you will notice that the job description is endless. It is designed that way, so that management can tackle on responsibilities because most people who they hire, don't stay long enough. Don't say you weren't warned. Run and don't look back.
Pros
Participants, some fellow co-worker who actually care
Cons
Management (ALL LEVELS), operations, Clinic and its medical directors
Activities
lead CNA (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, COJuly 16, 2018
I enjoyed working at Innovage because I am a people person. I love working with the elderly. I felt at home, it was Monday - Friday we had 8 paid Holidays off and we had snow days off in the winter. I just loved my job
Pros
paid Holidays off
Cons
some down time
Horrible place to work!!!
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJune 24, 2018
I absolutely loved my job, until I realized what kind of company it was.
Management is horrible!
Make promises to participants, and never follow through.
It is a very unethical company, staff is treated very unfairly, favoritism between supervisors and staff. Supervisors don't care about the safety of the employees.
Pros
Helping participants
Don't Work Here
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 12, 2018
Terribly run. Horribly unethical. Boring. No investment in employees. Everyone who works here is miserable, except IT because they get all their meals paid for (which is strange in a non-profit environment).
Compassionate, fun group of people who genuinely care about the underserved
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 7, 2018
I truly enjoyed my time working at InnovAge. It is such a unique place where the patient, who otherwise may not have gotten the critical and necessary care, is thoroughly taken care of and everyone works collaboratively to make the system run fluidly. My coworkers were amazing and I felt valued. I only left to expand my career and make a little more money. Work/life balance at InnovAge cannot be beat!
Pros
Coworkers, work/life balance, security in hours
Cons
Pay on the lower end of the scale, occasional lack of communication between disciplines that make it tough to get things done, needs more mental healthcare staff
Don't do it unless they pay you.
Any (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMay 14, 2018
Get paid as it is the only benefit of working here. No one looks at the long term because upper management doesn't tell you where they are going. It is utter Chaos here all the time.
Pros
telecommuting if your manager is ok with it, really they use it as a reward.
Cons
no time off, no incentives for long term employees, and everything is a fire, no one plans ahead.
Original Company Who Was Always Welcoming
Accounts Payable Technician (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 4, 2018
InnovAge was a wonderful company to work for and there is not enough nice things to say about them. Our company allowed me to experience its transitional growth as it grew from a non-profit, to a private company, to a public company. Its facilities were all eco-friendly from inside and outside. There was not not an employee there who was not willing to get to know you, which made if even more fun going out together. But, they were always very professional and inviting as they entrusted me with large accounts and were always considerate of my suggestions and implemented some of them. The part I was most appreciative of was there willingness to put faith in me and allow me to prove myself.
Pros
Culture, Employees, and Management
Cons
Great concept for the elderly we provide service for
Manager/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMay 1, 2018
Used to be a great place to work but things have changed. InnovAge has some of the most amazing, gifted & loyal employees I have ever worked with however, they are not utilizing them to the best of their abilities and that is a waste of good talent. We're expected to do more with less and it is very draining.
Pros
Helpng the elderly, Telecommuting
Cons
Salary, PTO & moral
There are so many caring drivers
Patient care/transportation (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, COMarch 30, 2018
There are so many caring drivers. They have a lot of talents but are struggling in the Denver economy. Transportation is such a unique and vital source for health care needs. It should be streamlined and easy for elderly and drivers because their medical needs are so great. We have this one opportunity to achieve greatness for humanity sake. We should honor that.
Pros
Assisting people who need care
Cons
Pay
Job work/Life balance and culture is wonderful
Accounting Manager (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 20, 2018
A typical day at work is fast paced and time flies. Workplace culture is great and it's nice having a mobile unit because you learn about other departments.
Pros
Able to work from home
Cons
Poor management
Chaos
FINANCE and DEVELOPMENT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 11, 2018
Complete chaos, totally unorganized, large turnover rate, very few smart educated people work here, not interested in developing or investing in employees
Loved my co-workers everyone was so nice and welcoming
Cna (Former Employee) –  Lakewood coMarch 11, 2018
So I had an employee here that provoked me and took great pleasure in upsetting me on a daily basis. I had gone to management about this on multiple occasions and nothing was done. I finally lost my cool with her and needed up looking my job over this. This place is ran like s childcare center . Participants are thrown kindergarten coloring pictures and crosswords for activities. Never been so bored at a job. Place had people who come in with bed bugs and are still allowed to stay in the day center of they have taken a shower. Lots of downtime for sure.
Pros
Cons
Horrible boring job have a huge turn over in CNAs
Lots of different types of environments
anonymous (Current Employee) –  Lowry, COFebruary 23, 2018
Depending upon where you work, and your manager, you experience will be unique. I know that there are some very happy people there. The leave policy/PTO is very very poor. Behavior is allowed that totally unacceptable. The hoteling at the Lowry is awful. Basically no assigned seating. And they want you to sit some where new every day. The amount of time spent trying to figure out where to sit, adjust the desk/chair each day is wasted time. Now if you need to find someone, that is the next hurdle.
Driver (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 27, 2018
I follow a tablet using gps. I go from one place to another, yet I have different schedules everyday or every minute, it's constantly changing. A typical day at work for me is unpredictable.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Innovage. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9