Innovage Employee Reviews

Activities
lead CNA (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, COJuly 16, 2018
I enjoyed working at Innovage because I am a people person. I love working with the elderly. I felt at home, it was Monday - Friday we had 8 paid Holidays off and we had snow days off in the winter. I just loved my job
Pros
paid Holidays off
Cons
some down time
Horrible place to work!!!
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJune 24, 2018
I absolutely loved my job, until I realized what kind of company it was.
Management is horrible!
Make promises to participants, and never follow through.
It is a very unethical company, staff is treated very unfairly, favoritism between supervisors and staff. Supervisors don't care about the safety of the employees.
Pros
Helping participants
Don't Work Here
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 12, 2018
Terribly run. Horribly unethical. Boring. No investment in employees. Everyone who works here is miserable, except IT because they get all their meals paid for (which is strange in a non-profit environment).
Compassionate, fun group of people who genuinely care about the underserved
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 7, 2018
I truly enjoyed my time working at InnovAge. It is such a unique place where the patient, who otherwise may not have gotten the critical and necessary care, is thoroughly taken care of and everyone works collaboratively to make the system run fluidly. My coworkers were amazing and I felt valued. I only left to expand my career and make a little more money. Work/life balance at InnovAge cannot be beat!
Pros
Coworkers, work/life balance, security in hours
Cons
Pay on the lower end of the scale, occasional lack of communication between disciplines that make it tough to get things done, needs more mental healthcare staff
Don't do it unless they pay you.
Any (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMay 14, 2018
Get paid as it is the only benefit of working here. No one looks at the long term because upper management doesn't tell you where they are going. It is utter Chaos here all the time.
Pros
telecommuting if your manager is ok with it, really they use it as a reward.
Cons
no time off, no incentives for long term employees, and everything is a fire, no one plans ahead.
Original Company Who Was Always Welcoming
Accounts Payable Technician (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 4, 2018
InnovAge was a wonderful company to work for and there is not enough nice things to say about them. Our company allowed me to experience its transitional growth as it grew from a non-profit, to a private company, to a public company. Its facilities were all eco-friendly from inside and outside. There was not not an employee there who was not willing to get to know you, which made if even more fun going out together. But, they were always very professional and inviting as they entrusted me with large accounts and were always considerate of my suggestions and implemented some of them. The part I was most appreciative of was there willingness to put faith in me and allow me to prove myself.
Pros
Culture, Employees, and Management
Cons
There are so many caring drivers
Patient care/transportation (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, COMarch 30, 2018
There are so many caring drivers. They have a lot of talents but are struggling in the Denver economy. Transportation is such a unique and vital source for health care needs. It should be streamlined and easy for elderly and drivers because their medical needs are so great. We have this one opportunity to achieve greatness for humanity sake. We should honor that.
Pros
Assisting people who need care
Cons
Pay
Job work/Life balance and culture is wonderful
Accounting Manager (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 20, 2018
A typical day at work is fast paced and time flies. Workplace culture is great and it's nice having a mobile unit because you learn about other departments.
Pros
Able to work from home
Cons
Poor management
Chaos
FINANCE and DEVELOPMENT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 11, 2018
Complete chaos, totally unorganized, large turnover rate, very few smart educated people work here, not interested in developing or investing in employees
Loved my co-workers everyone was so nice and welcoming
Cna (Former Employee) –  Lakewood coMarch 11, 2018
So I had an employee here that provoked me and took great pleasure in upsetting me on a daily basis. I had gone to management about this on multiple occasions and nothing was done. I finally lost my cool with her and needed up looking my job over this. This place is ran like s childcare center . Participants are thrown kindergarten coloring pictures and crosswords for activities. Never been so bored at a job. Place had people who come in with bed bugs and are still allowed to stay in the day center of they have taken a shower. Lots of downtime for sure.
Pros
Cons
Horrible boring job have a huge turn over in CNAs
Lots of different types of environments
anonymous (Current Employee) –  Lowry, COFebruary 23, 2018
Depending upon where you work, and your manager, you experience will be unique. I know that there are some very happy people there. The leave policy/PTO is very very poor. Behavior is allowed that totally unacceptable. The hoteling at the Lowry is awful. Basically no assigned seating. And they want you to sit some where new every day. The amount of time spent trying to figure out where to sit, adjust the desk/chair each day is wasted time. Now if you need to find someone, that is the next hurdle.
Driver (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 27, 2018
I follow a tablet using gps. I go from one place to another, yet I have different schedules everyday or every minute, it's constantly changing. A typical day at work for me is unpredictable.
CODING AND COMPLIANCE AUDITOR (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 18, 2018
The atmosphere at the corporate office is great for those who like a mobile workplace. There are no assigned workstations, so you could sit next to someone in the "C Suite" on one day, or someone from a different department. Dogs friendly workplace.
Pros
Dog friendly
Cons
Long commute
Wonderful program
Registered Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pueblo, CONovember 2, 2017
Not a normal clinic for a Medical Assistant, we do run the clinic which makes it fun during the morning when its more fast pace but by the afternoon it slows down and you can get to your other duties.
Pros
The pay
Cons
Great concept with new growth opportunities
personal assistant (Current Employee) –  Roanoke, VAAugust 29, 2017
This is a small company that is growing! Just like with any company that is growing, they have small growing pains, but are learning from them. There is constant talk from part time staff to upper management looking for ways to improve the company and options available to all employed there. They have programs in place to boost morale and foster a unified company. It is fast paced with a focus on the elderly that they take care of.
Pros
great program for elders in the community. team spirit
Cons
some times the patients get "lost" in the process
Awesome company
Administrative Contractor (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 22, 2017
Awesome company, great staff. Worked at three of their Denver locations all were very friendly and well coordinated. Not too much room for advancement.
Good Company
PERSONAL CARE WORKER (Current Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 18, 2017
A good company to work for, full benefits after a year, they also have a 401K plan where they match 2% of what you are paying to put in. Management is good, Great for part time work to help add some cash in your pocket.
Not the best place to work
Credentialing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  ColoradoJuly 10, 2017
Culture was very weird. Needed a place to sit everyday. Animals walking around the office. Manager was great but coworker talked too much. Told everyone's business.

5 months of pure torture

Mission is awesome!!!!!
Pros
Mission
Cons
gossiping, micro-management by co-workers
Worst place to work
Lakewood center employee (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, COMay 7, 2017
Management is awful. There is a lot of favoritism, too much gossiping, and people in management positions are not qualified to be in their positions. The participants are treated like children and they are not happy. People at the center are hateful and rude..its really very sad.
Cons
Gossip, favoritism, management is awful
good enough place to work
Clinical RN (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 10, 2017
meet a lot of different people from staff to participants
developing and opening new locations
steady environment and pace
somewhat clique-ish
neat program for seniors
Pros
no o/c no wknds

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Innovage. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9