Innovative Refrigeration Systems Employee Reviews

The worst place i have ever worked at
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Waynesboro, VAMarch 26, 2019
I don't usually bad mouth a company but this place is THE WORST PLACE I HAVE EVER WORKED AT. I have never been in a place where culture is that bad. Not a single lean concept was implemented. Management doesn't respect the workers. Very typical family run business. All these good reviews are either from their hr department or marketing department. Just try to avoid at any causes. You are not going to learn anything here.
Nice place to work
Office (Current Employee) –  Lyndhurst, VAOctober 3, 2018
Innovative has a nice work environment. I enjoy the people I work with and the healthcare/retirement benefits. The company seems to be growing and they leave room for personal growth.

It is a quick pace environment. Typical work hours are 45-50 a week. I wish there were a few more PTO days.
Pros
Good pay, good environment, growth, good retirement
Cons
45-50 hour weeks, fewer PTO days
It's ok
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Lyndhurst, VASeptember 15, 2018
It could be better. Need improving. The job had good pay. But there is no team work. Everyone is out for then self's. Everyday there is a threat to be written up or laid off.
Challenging yet rewarding
Administrative (Current Employee) –  Lyndhurst, VASeptember 14, 2018
Innovative is a great place to work for someone who is prepared for the level of excellence required. You will be challenged in this role and you will grow in your career, but the bar is set very high.

Overall, this company has been a great place to work for me and I see myself staying for many years. There is a huge amount of potential for anyone walking in the door and it is a place where you are in complete control of your career path.

The biggest complaint I have is the oftentimes unrealistic expectations and workload placed on the employees. The work/life balance is very hard to get under control as well as employees are often required to work 50+ hours just to keep their heads above water.
Pros
Great benefits, high salary, career growth & advancement opportunities, great coworkers
Cons
Expectations are often out of the realm of possibility, work/life balance is non existent
Quiet and laid back office environment
Desktop Support Technician II (Former Employee) –  Lyndhurst, VAJuly 17, 2018
Great place to work. The training is thorough with specific details on what department you will end up at. My boss emailed me tasks for the week and daily tasks were sent thru spiceworks. I had freedom and minimum supervision which I loved! I was able to learn a lot there because my boss let me attack the problems how I wanted too. He only jumped in when I needed him. I had the lasted Dell desktop with 27' double monitors and dell laptop when out and about throughout the building.We were about to upgrade to an office iPad! I was giving admin rights to take care of new users, existing and techs outside of office. I also fill that I am a master at resolving printer issues. This place was amazing to me!
Pros
Freedom to try new things, limited supervision, flexible schedule, caring work environment
Learning Experience
Field Electrician (Current Employee) –  Lyndhurst, VAJanuary 23, 2018
IRS is a great company to work for especially if you're single and like to travel. Pay and benefits are pretty good. I was able to learn a lot about refrigeration and mediums to do so. The one draw back in my case was the amount of time spent away from home.
Exciting, rewarding, fast-paced work
Procurement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lyndhurst, VASeptember 15, 2017
If you are hard working and serious about your career, this is a fantastic company to work for. They have incredible career advancement opportunities with clear paths and training to help achieve your career goals. They really reward their hard working employees and they do not stand for laziness or sub standard work. This means you will be working with an elite team where everyone works hard, pulls their own weight, and constantly strives for greatness.
This is a very fast paced business so the work can sometimes be stressful, but my coworkers were fantastic and we helped each other to be successful. Even when times were stressful, it was still a very enjoyable working environment because of the talented and motivated people I was working with.
The work was very rewarding. There were always new challenges to tackle and with this company being on the forefront of innovation, I learnt new things every day.
Miles of room for advancement: Merit Based Company
Manager (Current Employee) –  VirginiaAugust 24, 2017
The best thing about Innovative is that if you do your job well, you will be rewarded for it with advancement in status and pay. I highly appreciate that my work gets a chance to speak for itself; whereas in other companies I have worked for, it was based on time with the company, age, etc.
Productive Employees - Great Opportunity!
Administration (Current Employee) –  Lyndhurst, VAAugust 23, 2017
Very rewarding company for those people who want to work hard and put pride in what they do. Not a company that will tolerate mediocrity in any form. You will work hard and you will get ahead because of this.

The company has been undergoing expansion and while there have been growing pains, it delivers an excellent product and has a high caliber team that helps contribute to the success.

Requires ambition and personal motivation to perform at the highest levels, management will acknowledge and reward this.
Pros
Excellent 401k plan (15% match), opportunities for advancement for the right people, great team of employees. Pay is higher than average for the location.
Cons
Work/life balance, 50 hour work weeks, less than industry standard PTO, lack of sick days, high turnover
Official response from Innovative Refrigeration Systems
August 24, 2017

Reviewer,
Thank you for taking the time to leave us some detailed thoughts. We appreciate both the pros and the cons as they help us to know where we need to improve and what we are doing right. Your insights will be taken under advisement, and we want to thank you for what you do for our company.

Tough work space
Shop Laborer (Former Employee) –  Lyndhurst, VAAugust 22, 2017
The workers are ok but the management is too much. They demand perfection and have very little patience. I found it a pretty uncomfortable work enviroment.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
too stressful
Official response from Innovative Refrigeration Systems
August 24, 2017

Reviewer,
Thank you for leaving feedback. We regret you had a poor experience, but we will work towards making improvements surrounding the issues you brought to our attention. We wish you the best going forward in the future.

its nice if you like to travel for work
welder (Former Employee) –  VAAugust 13, 2017
its truly not a bad place to work aside from the fact that if you are a field guy you will not see your family much. the pay is good as is the per Diem. unfortunately some people will say anything to higher ups to get ahead in their career. in all its not a bad place but some people are untrustworthy.
Pros
lots of overtime
Cons
some bad foremen
great company
Pipefitter/welder (Former Employee) –  nation wideMay 1, 2017
Is a great company to work for, good people from various backgrounds do to be a nation wide company, they love to help you learn about all the systems and equipment use, focus on safety and quality.
the management team is well inform and coordinated.
the hardest part of the job was the 10 days you are out on the road.
the best part is the networking you are able to establish with all your different coworkers and the experiences.
Pros
great company
Cons
10 day out working
Very challenging but rewarding job
Lead field service technician (Current Employee) –  Lyndhurst, VAApril 29, 2017
It was great to have a very encouraging 401K program where the owner encourages everyone to get into it, They are very busy, and are not afraid to pay the overtime, and it helps justify being gone from home.
productive work environment and friendly
Pipe Welder/Leadman (Former Employee) –  Lyndhurst, VAMarch 27, 2017
A typical day involved getting set up and ready then makeing frames for eight hours every two hours we would take a ten minute break then go back and work it was not overbearing and rushed you move at your own pace and it is not terrible
Pros
they do sometimes bring in pizza for lunch
Cons
it is monotonous
A unique niche in the industry
ASSISTANT OFFICE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Lyndhurst, VAMarch 7, 2017
A new facility for an established company that provides its customers with services and systems from a labor force driven by urgency and an unyielding growth rate.
Pros
Benefits, pay
Cons
Poor communication, severe workload expectations
Work hard long hours
Administrative Manager Construction Company (Former Employee) –  Lynhurst, VAJanuary 16, 2017
I did learn a lot working here. this is a very fast pace high stress place to work. There is large turnover in this company.
People were afraid for their jobs all the time.
Pros
great pay
Cons
Productive and rewarding workplace with a lot of growth!
Continuous Improvements Engineer (Current Employee) –  Lyndhurst, VAFebruary 2, 2016
From the first day of working at Innovative, you can jump right in and make a big impact. There's always an opportunity to learn more, work on projects you are interested in, and advance in your chosen career path. The management team truly has an open door policy and as long as you keep open communication with them about where you want to go and what you want to do, they will help you achieve it! You are in charge of your own success.
Co-workers are extremely hard-working and dedicated. Working with such talented, motivated individuals helps to keep you on the right track.
My favorite part of the job is never knowing what I will be facing each day. There's always a new challenge!
Pros
Performance reviews, problem solving, smart people all around
Cons
Small town
Always busy
It Support (Former Employee) –  Lyndhurst, VAJuly 7, 2015
A typical day in any IT portion of a company will be filled with problems. This would be a problem for a person that does not have the same mind set as myself. I come at every obstacle as a challenge that I will later complete for myself.
great work
welder (Current Employee) –  Wayne, NJDecember 11, 2014
i would get a new blue print at the end of every task, get my supplies for the new job, study my print, fit and weld out all of my componets, fit my products in place and weld out 6010 root 7018 out
Pros
10 days on 4 days off
Cons
lack in leadership
Challenging and Rewarding
Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Lyndhurst, VADecember 4, 2014
Innovative offers competitive salaries with lots of opportunity for advancement. 401k matches dollar-for-dollar up to 15% of your annual salary. That is unheard of!! Early retirement here I come! You do have to work for this company. If you want a job that pays you to play online for 8hrs a day, you should look somewhere else. If you enjoy a challenge and enjoy being surrounded by people who work as hard as you do, then this is a great place to be.
Pros
Salary, Advancement Opportunity, 401k
Cons
Online reviews written by slackers who don't want to work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Innovative Refrigeration Systems. Our community is ready to answer.

Innovative Refrigeration Systems Reviews by Location