Innovative Services, Inc. Employee Reviews

Productive and well organized company with oppotunities to grow
House Manager, Residential Program (Current Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDMay 19, 2019
Arriving at work I greet my individuals. I walk through the unit to ensure everything is neat and clean. I talk with outgoing staff and read notes concerning the things that happen before the start of my shift. The hardest part of the job is individual's deaths. Working for innovative taught me patience and determination. the most enjoyable part is putting smiles on my individual's faces. Being able to give people the best quality of life in the community. This company gave me opportunity to grow.
Poor manager with bad attitude in Oshkosh
Youth Behavioral Specialist (Current Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIMay 1, 2019
My program managers attitude has recently gone down hill. She does not seem to care about the clients or answering any staff questions. We just found out she is leaving, and her attitude has only gotten worse. She is extremely unhelpful and unapproachable. In our most recent schedule, she posted “billing. I’m busy”. I feel that that shouldn’t be a message you send to your employees. It proves how unapproachable you truly are. I hope this new manager coming in can take away the negativity that this one has set in the workplace or I’m afraid I’ll have to leave a job I really like and clients I enjoy helping.
Pros
Great clients
Cons
Poor management attitude
Enjoy working for the company
House Manager (Current Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDApril 21, 2019
Innovative is good company to work for , however I'm just looking for more of a fair opportunity for advancement. I have nothing but good positive things to say about the company. I am just looking for a job with a benefit package. I am getting older preparing myself for retirement. Looking for a company that I can grow and utilize my skills, possibly advance as well. Looking for retirement 401k, 403B, better health insurance plan. Innovative do not paid vacation nor do they any benefits. I worked this company about two years. I appreciated the opportunity now it's just time for me to move on to bigger and better. I need a challenge and job opportunity were I can have room for advancement. I really enjoyed working with kids ensuring all there needs were meant for that day. I really enjoyed taking the boys on activities, vacations. However some of things they did were not fair. They didn't appreciate good staff
April 25, 2019

This review is not for Innovative Services, Inc. It appears this review was intended for a different company. We have requested it be removed from our company's page and regret any confusion from this review. Innovative Services, Inc. does have benefit packages for all qualifying full-time staff. All qualifying employees receive some PTO time each year, and we definitely appreciate our staff. Thank you!

Most Rewarding Job I've Ever Had
Youth Behavioral Specialist (Current Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIApril 18, 2019
Innovative Services is the most unique job I've ever had. It is one of the most rewarding jobs because you get to witness kids grow and become better people. Understanding that you become a big part in these kids lives and it's an amazing feeling. This job takes a lot of patience and compassion. It is all worth it in the end. The satisfaction that you get in helping lead these kids down the right path is a feeling like no other. This is also a job that looks amazing on a resume for things down the road. Highly suggest this job if you enjoy kids, want to make a difference, or just want to pick up a job with flexible hours to work around your schedule. HIGHLY RECOMMEND
Pros
Flexible Hours, Paid Mileage, Develops a lot personal growth
April 25, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to review Innovative Services, Inc. We appreciate your commitment to our clients and the effort you put forth to make a difference each day. We strongly value our employees and work to empower them to be successful in supporting clients that we are privileged to serve.

Good days are fun, bad days teach you something
Youth Behavioral Specialist (Current Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIApril 18, 2019
No day is the same. Some times you have kids that are very chill and you play games and go places and have great days. There are also not so great days when the kids are in bad moods and try to beat you up. I wouldn't trade any day. The good days are good and fun and the bad days teach you something. Management is always there to help you if you have questions, but they do expect you to do things on your own, which is NOT a bad thing. This job teaches you patience and other life skills. Every single person is different and this job really opens your eyes to that. I have learned so much working here that I will carry with me throughout my whole life. You learn to handle difficult situations on your own, which is a great skill to have. Working here has its bad days but overall this is an amazing job to have and will help you in future jobs and just life in general.
Pros
Good atmosphere, good help, learn great life skills
Cons
lower income
April 25, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to review Innovative Services, Inc. We are glad that you enjoy taking care of the people you support. We are glad you embrace the opportunities to make a difference in the life of those we support.

Fun work environment
Youth Behavioral Specialist (Current Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIApril 18, 2019
Working at Innovative in Oshkosh is a lot of fun! Helping the youth work on their goals is very rewarding! Wish the pay was a little higher, but management is great! Great experience for further job opportunities.
Cons
Pay
April 25, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to review Innovative Services, Inc. We appreciate your feedback. We strongly value our employees and work to empower them to be successful in supporting our clients. We appreciate the effort you put forth to make a difference each day.

Willing to invest in you
Administration (Current Employee) –  Green Bay, WIApril 10, 2019
I feel appreciated and supported in my ways. Always opportunities to learn and grow as an individual. They try very hard to recognize how amazing the dsp’s are.
Pros
Flexible, laid back
April 17, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to review Innovative Services, Inc. We appreciate your feedback. We strongly value our employees and work to empower them to be successful.

No thanks
Youth Behavioral Specialist (Former Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIApril 2, 2019
I worked at innovative for awhile before realizing I didn't want to be stuck in high school anymore. The workers all were in different cliques with each other including the managers. The managers favored those they were friends with. They were also unhelpful and rarely answered the phone when needed. I was told I asked too many questions from my manager and that I need to figure things out on my own. Our managers jobs are to help us with the kids. They are also required to have clients themselves and don't. I would not recommend working here.
Pros
Decently flexible
Cons
drama, poor pay
April 17, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to review Innovative Services, Inc. We appreciate your feedback, and we continuously strive to improve our organization. We will share your comments with our leadership.

Caring for people with mental disabilities.
Personal Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Green Bay, WIMarch 19, 2019
I worked third shift which was peaceful and frustrating. If all the clients slept through the night the job was quite easy. With one or multiple clients waking during the night, it could become quite stressful.
Pros
Third shift, quite at times.
Cons
Compensation.
March 28, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to enter a comment for Innovative Services, Inc. We understand the tasks that face our employees, and strive to support our employees to better serve our clients.

Good company to work for
Support Staff Member (Current Employee) –  Stevens Point, WIMarch 16, 2019
If you like to be creative and think outside of the box, this is a great company for you. There is flexibility and opportunities to grow and move up in the company.
March 28, 2019

Thank you for taking time to review Innovative Services, Inc. We are glad you enjoy working for our company. As an organization, we strive to provide ways to ensure our employees know we appreciate their input and service.

Great place to work!!!
District Manager (Current Employee) –  Appleton, WI, Green Bay, CentralMarch 12, 2019
Love my job. The vision is great and the people are wonderful. Everyday my clients and staff make my job rewarding. Great place to work. We continue to achieve success with our consumers and that in itself is worth it.
Pros
Advancement, family feel, consumers are the best, management is great, people help people
March 13, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to review Innovative Services, Inc. We appreciate your feedback and will share it with our leadership. We are glad you embrace the opportunities to make a difference in the life of those we support.

Great Place to Work!
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Current Employee) –  Green Bay, WIMarch 12, 2019
The work environment is relaxed! The clients are the best part of my job! The new CEO is awesome - he listens to us! I feel appreciated & look forward to going to work everyday!
Pros
They just gave everyone a raise, paid days off, great clients, I love the people I work with!
March 13, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to review Innovative Services, Inc. We appreciate your commitment to our clients, and are glad you enjoy the work environment. We continuously strive to improve our organization for our employees and our clients.

Loved this job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Portland, TNMarch 5, 2019
If innovations was still around I would go back in a heart beat from the people to the clients everything was amazing and stress free from the time you clocked in and out
March 13, 2019

Thank you for your comments. We wish you well in your new endeavors.

Terrible Upper Management
Direct Support Professional (DSP) (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIMarch 2, 2019
I enjoyed working with clients and having the freedom to do various tasks. Unfortunately upper management will not listen to reason and will write you up, even if you are even a minute late. Absolutely no support from upper management, they work together with
HR and will shut down any issues that you bring to their attention, and furthermore punish you for doing so. You will be treated as disposable no matter how well of a job you do, its all about the bottom line. I suggest to stay for away from this company and go work anywhere else.
March 14, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to review Innovative Services, Inc. We appreciate your feedback. We strongly value our employees and work to empower them to be successful in supporting clients, within established parameters. Our president provides his business card to staff when visiting programs and encourages them to reach out to him with any questions. We also have regional HR support for our staff as well as an HR Director who supports all regions and employees. Our focus first and foremost is whether we are doing the right thing for those we are privileged to support.

An easy paced work environment.
PCW/ PERSONAL CARE WORKER (Current Employee) –  Appleton, WIFebruary 14, 2019
Its an excellent entry level job that anybody can be apart of or learn how to do. Majority of houses always looking for employers and and are flexible in hours.
Pros
Not physically demanding
Cons
Lower income.
February 21, 2019

Awesome clients
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  La Crosse, WIJanuary 27, 2019
The clients were awesome, I loved the hours, but we were all over worked (even the manager). The pay was not enough to keep me as an employee. The staff that I worked with were very down to earth and fun to talk to.
Pros
Day hours
Cons
Pay
February 12, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to review Innovative Services, Inc. We continue to evaluate possibilities to increase total compensation for our staff. We wish you well in your future endeavors. Thank you for your past service to our clients.

Great People to Work With
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Marshfield, WIJanuary 23, 2019
Innovative Services has continued to provide me with great people to work with and opportunities for advancing my careers. The only downfall is the pay isn't as competitive as other companies, but the people you work with are fantastic!
Pros
Great People
Cons
Pay
February 12, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to review Innovative Services. We continue to evaluate possibilities to increase total compensation for our front-line staff and managers. We appreciate your commitment to our clients and the effort you put forth to make a difference each day.

Always had work and kept busy
Healthcare Giver/CNA (Former Employee) –  Fallbrook, CAJanuary 15, 2019
I worked a lot of hours and they matched me up with good families and I enjoy working with patients with disabilities and I care for patients like they were my own family.
Pros
Worked directly with patient's family.
January 17, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to review Innovative Services, Inc. We appreciate your feedback and will share it with our leadership. We are glad you embrace the opportunities to make a difference in the lives of those we support.

Changes
Vocational Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIDecember 13, 2018
Innovative made major changes and ended up cutting my position without notice. They stopped the employer match 401K as well without notice. They do not seem to care about people only the bottom line.
December 20, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review Innovative Services, Inc. We continuously strive to improve our organization and provide the best benefits to all employees, while looking for opportunities to serve our clients. At times, this means changes in structure of the company to better serve the overall organization. We recently increased wages for all our Direct Support Professionals, We also provided the required notifications to employees that for 2019 we will not be providing a guaranteed 401k match each paycheck, but will evaluate opportunities for voluntary employer contributions instead. We continue to look for additional ways to ensure our employees know we appreciate their experience with us. We wish to extend our best to you in your future endeavors.

Kind Co-Workers and Room for Advancement
Youth Behavioral Specialist (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WINovember 29, 2018
Good as a part-time job in college, offers great experience and ability to advance. There are several locations in NE WI. Co-workers are great and more than willing to work in a group. The position requires you work on goals with one's client. Sometimes these goals require a group or can be done in a group activity. Very nice, very flexible, lots of fun.
Pros
you set the agenda
December 3, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review Innovative Services, Inc. We appreciate your positive feedback. We're grateful for the positive impact you have on those your support. It's wonderful to hear your team is living our core values of adaptability and helping others.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Innovative Services, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

4.0Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight