Innovative Services, Inc. Employee Reviews

Innovative Services
Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Waupaca, WIAugust 8, 2018
Innovative is not a horrible place to work at but the system and management of Innovative could use some adjustments. The clients are very easy to handle most of the time.
August 13, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review Innovative Services, Inc. We appreciate your feedback as it allows us to continue to improve. We take the results of our annual employee engagement survey seriously and use that information to guide adjustments and improvements.

Could be better
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Green Bay, WIAugust 8, 2018
If they paid better for the different positions and better raise %. It would help their employees.
They are great with helping families with back to school
Pros
Co-workers and certain managers make work easy.
Cons
Higher ups careless about the employees
August 13, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review Innovative Services, Inc. We're glad that the back-to-school backpacks provide value to you. We continue to evaluate pay scales and look for ways to increase overall compensation for front-line staff.

If you enjoy being treated poorly, this is the place for you!
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WIAugust 5, 2018
I worked for the company for several years, starting as a DSP and moving into a management role. I much enjoyed my job until there was a change in management. There was a lot of favoritism between staff and upper management. No support from DM or RA and HR was pretty useless. Policies are only put in place when it benefits Innovative Services. Problem solving skills in management are completely non existent, everything was swept under a rug. For being a non profit organization, they sure worried about how much money they were making. Budgets were small for programs, however, upper management were always spending excessively (mainly on food and alcohol for “retreats”).
August 8, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review Innovative Services, Inc. to provide us with your feedback. We have a variety of methods for staff of all levels to address concerns, including regional as well as corporate support, with the goal of ensuring our employees have the support and tools necessary. We continue to provide our managers and leadership team with training to enhance their management skills, as we recognize how critical that is.

Fun and meet some great people
CNA/Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIJuly 10, 2018
It was a good company to work for. There was always opportunity to pick up hours at other houses. I worked with some great people there and made some long lasting friendships. I loved the clients I grew to know and take care of.
July 11, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review Innovative Services, Inc. We are glad that you had a positive experience making a difference in the lives of others.

Clients are incredible, fun workplace
Personal Care Worker (PCW) (Former Employee) –  Waupaca, WIJuly 6, 2018
The system for innovative is a little crooked, the management for the 2 Waupaca programs is great but as far as the HR or district management definitely needs some work.
July 9, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review Innovative Services, Inc. We appreciate your feedback and are glad to hear you found your manager to be responsive. We recently transitioned our local HR coordinator in the Fox Valley region, and we also have an HR Manager at our corporate office who can assist with issues if you don't feel you receive satisfactory support from your regional staff.

Great clients, poor managment, workplace drama, poor training
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Wisconsin Rapids, WIJune 27, 2018
Innovative was an awesome place to be able to connect with your clients and help them in a positive way. But there are so many things wrong with work place drama, lack of staff, management that doesn't seem to care about employee's/clients. Favouritism was an issue, failing to follow state guidelines. Staff doing managers job a lot. Alot of cussing in the work place about clients made it uncomfortable to do paperwork. Lack of training even after I asked for more and was made fun of by fellow staff. Constantly breaking hipa laws. Complaints to upper management that went unheard. Seemed as though the staff didn't want to get out and do things with the clients.
Pros
Great clients, pto
Cons
Unfortantly there are way to many to list.
July 9, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review Innovative Services, Inc. You mentioned a number of things that are contrary to our policies and certainly our expectations, so we will do what we can with this limited information to address those issues. We have a problem-solving procedure as well a number of avenues for employees to resolve any issues or concerns including human resources and quality assurance staff within our corporate office.

Wonderful place to work for people starting out in the healthcare field
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Appleton, WIJune 25, 2018
I started here while I was still in the process of getting my CNA. As much as I loved my job, the pay is very low for the amount of work that is put in.
July 9, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review Innovative Services, Inc. We are glad that you enjoyed your time with Innovative, and we hope that you recognize the intrinsic rewards of helping others in addition to the monetary compensation. We strive to provide a competitive compensation package to our employees, inclusive of benefits.

Helping others with independence
Current Employee (Current Employee) –  WausauJune 19, 2018
There isn't a typical day at work and each day is new and unique. I have learned how to work with a variety of populations and people. Management is typically friendly and receptive of feedback and opinions. The culture promoted is collaborative with an emphasis on empowering both clients and staff. The hardest part of the job can be the days that are fast paced and the frequent changes in routine, but that is also one of the parts of the job that I enjoy.
Pros
Flexible schedules, co-workers, face to face contact with clients
Cons
Have to be flexible and willing to adapt to change, insurance costs
Good company
Staff (Current Employee) –  Green Bay, WIJune 12, 2018
low pay big turnover of staff. Good starter job. no one stays. job sites from
Green Bay to Duluth. Cares, behaviors, could be travel. Not a job people say with long. .
Pros
people are nice
Cons
low pay
July 9, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review Innovative Services, Inc. We are glad that you enjoy your experience. Although we have turnover similar to other service organizations, we also have hundreds of employees who've been at Innovative for years.

I love working for this company. Very rewarding!
Direct Support Professional (DSP) (Current Employee) –  Wausau, WiJune 8, 2018
For some it is about the pay. More pay would be great, but it is so rewarding to go into a home and know that you have helped make a difference in someones life. When you work with a client and see them overcome a fear or anxiety , or tackle something that they didn't believe they could do, you are rewarded beyond dollars. There is no price tag that you can put on that. I am grateful for the opportunity, the training with pay, the education that is offered and payed for, the opportunities to advance. There are sometimes when you are challenged, but with every challenge comes growth for you and your client. New situations, new challenges are what keep this job fun and interesting. It will definitely give you a better understanding and more compassion as well as knowledge of people and how to deal with different situations. This is a great place to work if you love people, if you have compassion, if you want to make a difference in someone's life for the better. It's an opportunity for you to grow, and it is what you do with it . There are no limits... Jump in.
Pros
making a difference
Cons
pay needs to meet cost of living standards
June 11, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review Innovative Services, Inc. We appreciate your feedback and your obvious commitment to the success of those you support. The intrinsic rewards of the work you do are priceless, although we continue to evaluate options to increase overall compensation for our employees.

Amazing company
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIMay 10, 2018
I currently work at Innovative Services and I NEVER intend to leave. I started out as a DSP in August of '17, and by march of'18 I was promoted to program manager. Throughout my time at innovative, yes, there have been some hiccups, but there's never been an issue that either another program manager, DSP, or District manager has not been able to help with. Hours are long, and sometimes things are stressful(more for the PM than the DSP) but the clients make everything worth every second of it. The relationships you build with other employees, and the clients are unbelievable. There's so much support from everyone, and almost everyone is willing to help out wherever they can. The clients are so understanding. There's great benefits, great staff/Co workers, and at the end of the day, leaves you feeling great knowing your making a difference in every clients life.
Pay might not start out great, but I promise it'll be worth it in the end, there's always room for advancement! With appreciation gifts, dinners, retreats, gift cards, letters, and company apparel, you won't find another company who shows more appreciation to their staff.

"If you love what you do you'll never work a day in your life"
To me this isn't work, it's what I was destined to do, and I love every second of
Pros
Cons
Low starting pay
May 14, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review Innovative Services, Inc. We appreciate your candid feedback that although there are challenges, the intrinsic rewards of helping others make the challenges worth meeting. We're glad you recognize that we make every effort to support our employees, as well as show our appreciation, for their choice to make a difference in the lives of others. We're glad to have you as part of our team!

Pay not great
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Current Employee) –  Green Bay, WIMay 9, 2018
You are expected to work like a dog. Open shifts no one helps anyone else. Everyone is out for themselves. Program managers are worked to the breaking point
Pros
Clients
Cons
Pay, work hours
May 14, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review Innovative Services, Inc. We do have high expectations for our employees as they provide valuable supports to individuals to live as independently as possible. Staffing is an issue for nearly every organization, and unfortunately we face those same challenges. We continue to make efforts to recruit and retain our valued employees, as well as look into different solutions for scheduling.

fun work environment, fast packed environment
Personal Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIMay 8, 2018
overall good learning experience, you don't ever really know what the day might bring. Its always busy, so your day goes by fast. staff is usually good to work with.
Pros
you get to eat with the residents
Cons
you don't really get a break, you just get down time unless there is more than one staff.
May 9, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review Innovative Services, Inc. We are glad you found the work to be fun and rewarding. We believe our employees have the potential to learn so much in their roles, not only through the paid training that is provided, but also through the personal experiences.

Fun and interesting
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIMay 8, 2018
My overall review on Innovative services would be if your going into the caregiving field that you should have some experience with caregiving first. It can be a difficult job working with disabled youth and adults and can test your limits but overall great place to work and it has change my mind set on life.
Pros
Bonding with residents
Cons
short staffed
May 9, 2018

Thank you for reviewing Innovative Services, Inc. It sounds as though your time supporting people was challenging, rewarding and life changing.

Behavior Specialist
Youth Behavior Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kimberly, WIMay 2, 2018
Management is terrible. Managers don't like each other and it seems like they are always trying to one-up each other. The environment is stressful. The kids are great, however it seems that we aren't really benefiting them. Innovative is a basically a daycare.
May 7, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review Innovative Services, Inc. We appreciate your feedback and have shared it with our leadership team in the Fox Valley area to address the concerns you mentioned. Our goal is to help youth develop the skills to be an active part of their community, and we want to ensure we're accomplishing that.

Only good for temporary time
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  WisconsinApril 29, 2018
Enjoyed the work for the first few months then everything changed. The client was okay but soon my shift got cut, then they said I could come back on but changed my shifts to really long ones. I enjoyed the coworkers but I couldn't handle the stress of everything. Soon everyone was leaving the one shift so it was down to only a couple people for a 24/7 client. I wish it was managed better so there were more than 2 or 3 people to call if one needed to call in sick or had an emergency.
Pros
Only had one client, friendly people
Cons
Odd hours, unpredictiablity
May 2, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review Innovative Services, Inc. We appreciate your feedback. We do periodically adjust schedules to best meet the needs of the people we support as well as organizational needs. When that is the case, we attempt to provide as much notice to staff as possible and consider transfers to different programs where the hours may be better suited to a particular staff.

Watch your back
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WIApril 25, 2018
He said/She said type of business. Management are all friends as well as with some of their favorite staff. They do not train you properly nor follow up to make sure you have properly learned everything, but will definitely fire you if you do something wrong. There is no support from management or anyone up the chain and you will receive a lower wage than any CSL program in the area. BET- you will definitely have a bad experience attempting to work for this company.
April 30, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review Innovative Services, Inc. We appreciate your feedback and have shared your concerns with our leadership team. We do have high standards for our employees as they are directly responsible for supporting people to live their lives, but our expectation is that our paid training provides our employees the tools to be successful.

innovative services
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Current Employee) –  Green Bay, WIApril 23, 2018
working for innovative services was nice and fun at first i loved it but then when time came down to getting sick or something everyone including district manger were just so rude. they dont even care if you have a doctors excuse you are still absent
April 25, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review Innovative Services, Inc. We appreciate your feedback and will share it with our leadership team.

Regular attendance is a critical component of the DSP position, as that role provide supports necessary for people to live their lives. Our attendance policy is designed to accommodate the things that happen in life, including illnesses.

Great people to work with!
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Onalaska, WIApril 13, 2018
Coworkers are wonderful, and the office environment is really friendly. Everyone I came in contact there were simply great people and enjoyable to work with. It is a fantastic company that is striving to care for those who really need the support!
April 16, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review Innovative Services, Inc. We appreciate you embracing our commitment to making a difference in the lives of others.

It wasnt the worst place to work
Personal Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIApril 10, 2018
some of the homes were poorly managed
the participants in the home were wonderful.
some homes were like skilled nursing and you got paid so poorly for everything you had to do
did not do good managing participant behaviors
lots of staff turnover
low pay
had to bring your own meals
benefits were good
Pros
benefits, participants
Cons
management and low pay
April 16, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review Innovative Services, Inc. We appreciate your feedback and recognize there is always opportunity for our organization to improve. We continue to provide different training and tools to our managers to help develop each of them to become the best manager possible. Additionally, our organizational initiatives include efforts to reduce turnover and evaluate compensation.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Innovative Services, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.2Personal Development

4.0Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight