Innovative Staff Solutions
Happiness rating is 56 out of 100

Innovative Staff Solutions Employee Reviews

Innovative is great as a stepping stone to a career, but don't bank on staying there for an extended period of time and consider that life long career goals.
It’s a great company to work for. The incentives are great and the process is fairly easy. I would recommend this company to anyone looking for employment.
The family owned motto got lost when the boys took over. It's all about numbers, not quality. Good people, but they changed when money made them happier than changing someone's life. I've worked there for longer than most because I love my employers I hired.
Pros
My on site office to be closer to the employees I've hired.
Cons
The quantity $$$ not quality.
I have worked at Innovative Staff Solutions for a total of 3 years now. It always keeps me on my toes and I am never bored with my job. My co-workers are the best there are and my Ops manager is great! It doesn't just feel like work, it's like family. I am challenge daily and I love that. Sometimes it can be stressful but its staffing so that just comes with it.
Pros
Family Owned Business, Time Off, Management, Team-Enviornment
Cons
work lift balance can be a challenge sometimes
Overall, I would not recommend ISS to anyone wanting to work for their corporate team. There is no room for advancement, pay raises, and work life balance is very poor. Management is intimidating, not understanding, and only likes to offer 25 cent raises every year to college graduates. The "family owned" business is 3 different men who are terrible people who take good employees for granted and use intimidation as their main type of management. The $12 an hour for a college graduate is not worth the stress and anxiety and the years it took off my life.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Poor management, No room for advancement, poor pay, work life balance is terrible
Leave a review. Help people like you.
Management plays favorites, doesn’t even know how to do the job they are managing you to do and causes a lot of drama. Voice your opinion and you end up with the bad shifts. Overall thought it would be a great career move, turned out to be the worse one! They only care about the numbers not providing good customer service
pay was not the best sometimes felt they would be racially motivated to do random drug testing to people of color worked long hours paid weekly pay was less foe temps with small yearly raises.
Pros
free meals and prizes
Cons
I tried to get employment through them twice and both times they acted like a job offer was just around the corner only to be left hanging. For months. All they were really doing was collecting names for when various business were ready to hire even though they had no idea when that would be. It would be fine if they were upfront about it, but they're not. They just keep feeding you nonsense in order to keep you calling you in. I finally confronted them about their nonsense and I told them I didn't appreciate being strung along. I assume someone gets works through them but all they wanted to do with me was play games and string me along. I DO NOT RECOMMEND!!! My complaint to their main office was never responded to either.
Poor company to work for, they treat their staff with little respect and expect you to jump when they say jump. Not a good environment. I am not one that has ever reviewed a company but, for treatment and environment, I think people should know. My advice- keep scrolling.
Pros
Mon- fri
Cons
Bad benefits, on call 24/7, poor treatment, low pay for work
Pretty good company kept me working despite the obstacles of covid 19 and the restrictions the government imposed on society recently I was given more hours infact
Found me a job within the same day I was laid off. Fair wages. Very friendly staff. Quick to respond. Felt like I would always have a place to work!!!
Pretty much everything is negative here. ISS consistently has over 50% internal turnover - I know this because its in every yearly conference presentation. If someone makes it a year there, it's impressive. ISS has very poor standards in regards to paying their internal employees for what they are really worth. $12 an hour is a slap in the face for all the hard work internal staffing agents do to keep the entire business up and running. Very poor incentives if you do make a hiring decision - a couple bucks here and there IF the employee stays at the client for any length of time, which by the way is very unlikely. No opportunities for advancement, although it is always highly encouraged to apply for senior positions, upper management always finds a reason not to pay you the extra dollar or two. Overall, a terrible place to work - find another position to apply to.
Pros
ISS gives back to the community
Cons
Compensation, Benefits, Work/Life balance, undervalued, favoritism, no advancement opportunity
Enjoyed the work environment. It was always positive. But, in the end your hard work and love for your job is not accounted for. You are told everything and anything to gain their trust in the company only to be let down and feel betrayed. Favortism, quite a few still have a job after many points, arguments, and drama.They let go of hard workers quicker than dropping the dead weight.
There are always ups and downs in a company, however favoritism is something that should not effect your every day. The backstabbing by the operations team and their condescending attitude makes working for this company a challenge! I’ve never felt so micromanaged in my life.
Company is not trustworthy they tell you one thing and do something totally different from what you where informed get your hopes up and dash them by lying to you and not even try to help you out.
Pros
The only thing I can say is where I was placed was decent.
Cons
Pay. life balance. management .bad policy choices .poor communication. no chance of advancement.
I did like working for them just want a full time position. They found me a position very quickly and save me the hassle of going place to place and the time of filling out multiple applications.
Pros
Found employment quickly
Cons
Temporary employment
I cleaned heavy machinery tools floors walls and industrial freezers belts also used different cleaners and sanitizers chemicals for heavy duty things like cookers and mixers
Got lucky working for them. Friendly staff, great opportunity. My assignment ended. Hopefully I can get another opportunity. Looking forward to working with them again.
Hide information from you about policies. Very little effort from the representative. The work was fast paced but I enjoyed it and my coworkers. Won't go through them again.
A typical day as an internal ISS employee: 1. Make Cold Calls.I have a goal to make a certain number of cold calls a day to previous employees to see if they are looking for work. This is not hard at all. It does get frustrating when you are contacting a hundred people and only getting a response from 2 people. Each location has its own goals my only issue with this the smaller locations ACTUALLY CAN go through all the cold calls available for that branch, which makes it hard because then you have to weed out the ones you can not use and then the ones you can use is a lot smaller of a number than what it shows. So you can almost harass people if you are not careful about it. Most the time we are, but you know accidents happen. The onsite managers understand the situation a lot more than the Corporate people do. 2. Greet and assist applicants: This is the most challenging part of the job, because well you know people. We all know people can suck sometimes. So dealing with people who are in a mood or just rude for no reason is hard. Especially when you are just trying to be helpful. With Flex employees the application process can be long and annoying. I get that and when you are not good on computers it is even worse. I would say that the process for them should be shortened in any way possible because it can get ridiculous and they get frustrated and walk out or take it out on us like we created the application. This is also my favorite part of my job too because the ones who are pleasant and really wanting to be here make it enjoyable. I feel like I am actually helping a person. - more...
Every 1 is mean to you every 1 only cares about them selfs an they fire you even if you have a doctors note the place is nasty no1 cleans up after themselfs