Inogen, Inc. Employee Reviews

No room for advancement
Inside Medical Sales Representative/Level (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXSeptember 25, 2018
Company offers a great productive and alternative to those who are on oxygen. The goals can be a little steep at times. There is little opportunity for advancement.
poor example of a wanna be company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn Hts, OHSeptember 18, 2018
bad management if there is any.... very poor communication from management to team members

lack of solid training so it takes longer to come up to speed with the process and then they don't have the abilities or concern to help you improve. they pick and choose who succeeds.

they will remove you in a heartbeat and you wont even know what hit you except the door on the way out.

there are clicks - like high school

it's bad. period... bad and I will never recommend them to anyone
Pros
nice people who work at the site
I felt like chattel-- def. 1)tangible property 2) a slave
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CASeptember 5, 2018
After coming onboard as a temporary employee and exceeding every expectation in my CSR role for 3.5 months.... the company released me THE VERY WEEK my review was to take place to become permanent...AND THEN had the nerve to ask me back the following month at the lower pay rate. I was warned by fellow employees, but had never before felt disregarded by a faceless corporation. I got the impression that the people with tenure were happy working there, and my immediate manager(who was great)said my contract was dropped for their quarterly report's bottom line and that he was not included or happy about the decision...but I really felt devalued.

This position is HIGHLY STRESSFUL inherently, as it is on the front lines, dealing directly with patients who lack proper O2 concentrations in their blood and brains, or their closest loved ones who are desperately seeking their comfort and ability to breathe through Inogen's equipment.
Pros
friendly co-workers; clean/safe work environment; great products
Cons
faceless corporation
The worst place to work and a complete waste of time
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, OHAugust 16, 2018
Run the opposite way from this company. Management will find a way to fire you if they feel like it. This company is very unethical and they do everything they can to try to get over on senior citizens by harrasing them to buy this portable oxygen concentrator for $3000 to $5000 and most of these people see the crooked advertisement saying the machune is covered by Medicare. They don't tell people that their product malfunctions from normal static electricity and it's not covered under the warranty. This is by far the last place to look for long term employment.
Pros
Free Coffee
Cons
Horrible bosses and ethics.
Typical day at work
Medical Device Sales (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXAugust 12, 2018
Making out bound calls to old leads that have been contacted at least 10 times. Inbound calls range 3 to 5 per day with one possible to close. Commission is based on point system that puts you into higher tiers. The higher the points up and above target amount better commission. With low inbound calls, very hard to hit target goal.
Pros
Helping patients
Cons
Not enough patients to make needed points for tier level commission
Very poor sales opportunity
Oxygen Specialist (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXAugust 7, 2018
It's hard to communicate how disappointing this opportunity is now versus what it was at one time.

No respect for sales team

No clear communication

Unfair quotas and compensation

Top down micro-management

No personal development process for sales reps

I could go on, but this will suffice.

If you are looking for an opportunity to earn 6 figures and up in a fun environment where you can grow personally with increased responsibility and opportunity, this is not the place.
Its alright
Reimbursement Team Lead - Billing Revenue (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXJuly 7, 2018
Its a decent job with decent pay. the atmosphere is like high schools= and there is lots of favoritism and drama....

Flexible hours are good, but they might be going away
management clearly has favorites

employees take advantage of the company, its medical industry job and im not fully comfortable with their ethics.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
Drama
Fun place to work
Patient Technical Receiving Advocate (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXJune 27, 2018
We work as a family at Inogen. Every department communicates with each other to better service our customers and patients. Management allows you to be flexible with time off. The hardest part of the job is learning about the equipment and procedures. The most enjoyable part is being able to resolve patient equipment and account issues.
Pros
company events and benefits
Cons
short breaks and micromanagement
Very Poor Management = High Turnover
Medical Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, OHMarch 19, 2018
This is the worst management team I have ever worked for. If you’re lucky enough to be a “chosen one” you can do well, because everything is handed to you. Although, this is based on management liking you socially, not professionally. If you’re not a “chosen one”, you’re job is threatened weekly even if you’re doing well at it. The company culture is a revolving door and the executives seem fine with that. Low turnover is preeched but not followed through on. Way too much stress for the pay. If you can live of 40-50k you’ll be okay, except constant threats and stress that comes with it.
Pros
Benefits are ok
Rapidly Expanding Company
Associate (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXMarch 6, 2018
The company is growing at a very rapid rate with no end in sight. Lots of room to change departments if desired to continue growth, and the leadership tries to take care of the teams.
Company Over all
Patient Reimbursement posting advocate (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXFebruary 20, 2018
There was a Time there where i did not feel apart of the team. i was with i was really, trying hard to be sucessful and, i was not allowed the time to be there and work on my problems to be sucessful.
I really, did like the job! and wanted to do well!
Pros
Great! Company
Excellent sales job
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXJanuary 29, 2018
People with a negative view on this job are order takers not sales people. I’ve had my bad months and I’ve had my good months but my good greatly outweigh my bad. And guess what? My bad months were 2. 1 where i has taken time off to be with family and the other I spent half the month sick and had to take 3 days off. I still basically hit goal both months and have gone as much as 200% of goal as well as averaged 120-150% of goal otherwise. The opportunity is endless. Sorry but there is no buddy buddy here. I am friends with people in president’s club and they will all tell you they work hard for your money. You want to make six figs? Guess what at any job you’re gonna have to work hard to do that. So suck it up and be positive. Good worth ethic breeds results. I came into this job and my first month I hit 177% of goal.
Pros
Cons
I can’t make a million dollars in one year
expectations
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 19, 2018
poor training. no communication on company direction. Sales goals need to be met in the first month. Lots of favorites in the co, that are given priority leads. Could not trust the team lead.
Pros
Monday to Friday only
Cons
na
Over worked, Under paid
Material Handler II (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXJanuary 12, 2018
They squeeze every last minute out of you that they can. Mandatory overtime is a common event at this company which is great, unless you actually want to spend time with your family. There's too much favoritism, in my opinion. Employees that work hard are rewarded (as long as you're buddies with someone in management). The pay is fair at first but they add workload repeatedly without a raise in wages. Management breaks company policy regularly and enforces it savagely when it's convenient for them. Great benefits, but they're very expensive. Payroll dept. is slow, and uncooperative.
Fun place to work!
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, OHOctober 28, 2017
I look forward to going to work everyday! I love my Co-workers and management appreciates us! Fun place, music, games and hard work! Pay is great and the customers appreciate the help. There is a lot of room for growth.
Pros
Great place to work !
Cons
Management and HR are globally irresponsible and ignore the law
Inside Sales (Former Employee) –  Goleta, CAOctober 27, 2017
Inogen is a wonderful product run by incompetent Management and HR. If you want to gross $11,000 a month, this is the place for you but prepared to lose your health.
Pros
Casual dress, dog friendly, plenty of PTO, Pay, Product
Cons
Terrible customer service to both employee and client, horrible management and HR
High turnover due to poor management
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, OHSeptember 30, 2017
I waited 2 months to start a position with this company only to be disappointed and resigned after only 2 weeks. Inogen promised waiting employees a new office but only rented out an old nasty building with plumbing problems (had to make coffee with store brought water since the water in the building was unsafe to drink).
Don't train new employees well and on the job training has to continue after regular training. Manager was nice until all the trainers left then showed her true colors and started the process of elimination. I resigned as I noticed the unprofessionalism here at Inogen. Definitely would not recommend
Pros
Stock market company
Cons
High turnover, can wear jeans even though they claim you make a lot of money
Great Environment
Patient Billing Advocate (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXAugust 29, 2017
This place is probably the most relaxed place I have ever worked. The people are pretty cool as far as jobs go. However, they don't have a training program so there is a LOT of inconsistencies on processes. They also have no raise policy. So whatever you go in making is what you will always make unless you obtain a new position.
Pros
Feels like family, relaxed environment
Cons
No salary raises
Don't do it!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXAugust 9, 2017
They have a great product but this company isn't organized at all. There's lack of communication and there's a huge disconnect between management and the representatives.
Pros
You get a paycheck
Cons
Management is terrible
Learning how each breathing machine works, cpap, inogen1,2,3 portable machines
Client Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXJuly 11, 2017
Answer calls from patients concerning troubleshooting equipment, operating equipment the proper way walking them through 1 step at a time, I learned with the patients it is very important to have equipment working properly in order to stay alive. Management could extend the job a lot longer, not enough training before putting you out on the floor.

Workplace culture was great, the most enjoyable part of the job was being successful in saving a life.
Pros
Free luncheon
Cons
short breaks