Inogen, Inc. Employee Reviews

No help when needed, over hiring, no company ownership of mistakes
Direct to patient sales (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHDecember 1, 2018
This company tricks you to come work with promised. After you are in the rules are different. They over hired so are now on a firing spree to do damage control.
Do not waste your time.
Business Development (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXNovember 25, 2018
Management is untruthful in their practices. This is not a good place to work. Please do not waste your time. Management reinforces dishonest behavior and business practices.
Outstanding Company to work for
MEDICAL SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, OH 44144November 7, 2018
-Outstanding Company
-Employee Culture is Exemplary
-On Site Free Coffee & Toaster for employee use
-Daily staff target meetings
-Updates given on Medicare & Medicaid
Not a career choice
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, OHNovember 2, 2018
This company sounds like the "be all" of positions----Inogen speaks a huge game but that doesn't pan out after time. The management is poor to say the least...they have no medical sales experience in what we sell and the Medicare and Insurance programs are not taught very clearly and most Rep's struggle. This company is too worried on hiring hundreds of Sales Reps to make the company numbers and pump up the company stock prices....Lord forbid, a Sales Rep has a slow or bad month, the Rep will "never"catch up to goals and their job will be in severe jeopardy. The finance company in use "never" approves the financing programs leaving Sales Rep's with "no sale" and struggles to obtain their monthly sales numbers...The managers are constantly putting Sales Rep's on Sales Performance Probation Review (Super Micro-Management) programs because the sales goals are too lofty and only about 10 % of the team each month obtain sales goal with teams of 30 to 50 Sales Rep's. The "very best" part of the position is working with the patients and the "very worst" is not enough restroom facilities and they are filthy....NOT A CAREER CHOICE....no advancement what-so-ever and career longevity will be 6 months or less if you are "NOT" in the click or a "Chosen One"....constant resignations and terminations. GOOD LUCK....if you choose Inogen. FYI, only 30% of my sales training class is still employed at Inogen only after 6 months!
Pros
Great Work versus Life Balance (no forced hours or over-time)
Cons
Management, untouchable monthly goals, no sales support
Started off great and quickly hit a pitfall that continued getting worse.
Direct to Patient Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXOctober 30, 2018
When I first started, things were great. Leads were coming in very often and the phone would ring every 15 minutes with a hot/warm lead. Between issues with call centers, to customer care calls coming to sales reps due to lacking call centers, to recruiting new paramount individuals that ultimately tried to reinvent the wheel and shook things up so bad with a commerical that ultimately failed, changes in lead distribution so that almost 60-70% of the sales floor was on a performance improvement plan, micromanaging ridiculous talk times when we could never get any warm leads to work. Not to mention, with the excessive lack of leads, they continue to hire more reps almost once every 2 months. The company is in a declination that is soon to implode if things do not change very quickly.
roughly 500 working in Cleveland phone rooms , majority of leads are old recycled ones.
Sales (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, OHOctober 28, 2018
All in all a good place to work. However the recent hire of 150 people to work in phone rooms, and the lead base decreasing is a unresolved problem, Expect to make 100 calls a day, 90% having been called in excess of 20 times. Many leads recycled from 2014 up to now. Way too many employees for the amount of leads. Add to the smaller lead pool the fact that if you do not reach the quota you will be fired.
Little training for sales, most training provided is how to operate in the software that they use and be complaint. Some of the floor managers are great some are not so great. Every thing else about the company is great. Good insurance for employees, contests daily to sell. friendly atmosphere.
Its all about sell, which is good if you can get enough of the distributed leads
Pros
great benefits and pay if you can get the leads to sell
Cons
Have been hiring too many people, the leads don't support.
Good job for new sales people
DTP Sales Rep (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, OHOctober 24, 2018
Inside sales has transformed from being a customer centric focus to a call center mentality. Inogen has over-hired and underperformed in it's marketing recently which is limiting sales leads. Still a good job for anyone new to sales but not for those already accomplished as there are limits to your control over your performance. It is a relaxed office atmosphere with little stress but all are expected to perform 100% as it should be. This is not a place for slackers.
Pros
relaxed atmosphere, wonderful people
Cons
low base salary, continually changing strategy, hourly so you are limited to 40 hrs of selling time
Discrimination At It’s Finest!
Inside Medical Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, OHOctober 9, 2018
Was given a Final Written warning for tardiness which I accept. Although trainer made it clear that if we was going to be tardy to inform him immediatly. Made changes and was still terminated for forgetting to clock out for the day. Every one time was adjusted at the end of the work week. So why am I being reprimanded for something that was an honest human mistake.
Pros
Free Coffee, Access to snack shop, Some of employees are helpful
Cons
Clear communication, New Sales Manager know nothing about Sales
No room for advancement
Inside Medical Sales Representative/Level (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXSeptember 25, 2018
Company offers a great productive and alternative to those who are on oxygen. The goals can be a little steep at times. There is little opportunity for advancement.
poor example of a wanna be company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn Hts, OHSeptember 18, 2018
bad management if there is any.... very poor communication from management to team members

lack of solid training so it takes longer to come up to speed with the process and then they don't have the abilities or concern to help you improve. they pick and choose who succeeds.

they will remove you in a heartbeat and you wont even know what hit you except the door on the way out.

there are clicks - like high school

it's bad. period... bad and I will never recommend them to anyone
Pros
nice people who work at the site
I felt like chattel-- def. 1)tangible property 2) a slave
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CASeptember 5, 2018
After coming onboard as a temporary employee and exceeding every expectation in my CSR role for 3.5 months.... the company released me THE VERY WEEK my review was to take place to become permanent...AND THEN had the nerve to ask me back the following month at the lower pay rate. I was warned by fellow employees, but had never before felt disregarded by a faceless corporation. I got the impression that the people with tenure were happy working there, and my immediate manager(who was great)said my contract was dropped for their quarterly report's bottom line and that he was not included or happy about the decision...but I really felt devalued.

This position is HIGHLY STRESSFUL inherently, as it is on the front lines, dealing directly with patients who lack proper O2 concentrations in their blood and brains, or their closest loved ones who are desperately seeking their comfort and ability to breathe through Inogen's equipment.
Pros
friendly co-workers; clean/safe work environment; great products
Cons
faceless corporation
The worst place to work and a complete waste of time
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, OHAugust 16, 2018
Run the opposite way from this company. Management will find a way to fire you if they feel like it. This company is very unethical and they do everything they can to try to get over on senior citizens by harrasing them to buy this portable oxygen concentrator for $3000 to $5000 and most of these people see the crooked advertisement saying the machune is covered by Medicare. They don't tell people that their product malfunctions from normal static electricity and it's not covered under the warranty. This is by far the last place to look for long term employment.
Pros
Free Coffee
Cons
Horrible bosses and ethics.
Typical day at work
Medical Device Sales (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXAugust 12, 2018
Making out bound calls to old leads that have been contacted at least 10 times. Inbound calls range 3 to 5 per day with one possible to close. Commission is based on point system that puts you into higher tiers. The higher the points up and above target amount better commission. With low inbound calls, very hard to hit target goal.
Pros
Helping patients
Cons
Not enough patients to make needed points for tier level commission
Very poor sales opportunity
Oxygen Specialist (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXAugust 7, 2018
It's hard to communicate how disappointing this opportunity is now versus what it was at one time.

No respect for sales team

No clear communication

Unfair quotas and compensation

Top down micro-management

No personal development process for sales reps

I could go on, but this will suffice.

If you are looking for an opportunity to earn 6 figures and up in a fun environment where you can grow personally with increased responsibility and opportunity, this is not the place.
Its alright
Reimbursement Team Lead - Billing Revenue (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXJuly 7, 2018
Its a decent job with decent pay. the atmosphere is like high schools= and there is lots of favoritism and drama....

Flexible hours are good, but they might be going away
management clearly has favorites

employees take advantage of the company, its medical industry job and im not fully comfortable with their ethics.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
Drama
Fun place to work
Patient Technical Receiving Advocate (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXJune 27, 2018
We work as a family at Inogen. Every department communicates with each other to better service our customers and patients. Management allows you to be flexible with time off. The hardest part of the job is learning about the equipment and procedures. The most enjoyable part is being able to resolve patient equipment and account issues.
Pros
company events and benefits
Cons
short breaks and micromanagement
Very Poor Management = High Turnover
Medical Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, OHMarch 19, 2018
This is the worst management team I have ever worked for. If you’re lucky enough to be a “chosen one” you can do well, because everything is handed to you. Although, this is based on management liking you socially, not professionally. If you’re not a “chosen one”, you’re job is threatened weekly even if you’re doing well at it. The company culture is a revolving door and the executives seem fine with that. Low turnover is preeched but not followed through on. Way too much stress for the pay. If you can live of 40-50k you’ll be okay, except constant threats and stress that comes with it.
Pros
Benefits are ok
Rapidly Expanding Company
Associate (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXMarch 6, 2018
The company is growing at a very rapid rate with no end in sight. Lots of room to change departments if desired to continue growth, and the leadership tries to take care of the teams.
Company Over all
Patient Reimbursement posting advocate (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXFebruary 20, 2018
There was a Time there where i did not feel apart of the team. i was with i was really, trying hard to be sucessful and, i was not allowed the time to be there and work on my problems to be sucessful.
I really, did like the job! and wanted to do well!
Pros
Great! Company
Excellent sales job
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXJanuary 29, 2018
People with a negative view on this job are order takers not sales people. I’ve had my bad months and I’ve had my good months but my good greatly outweigh my bad. And guess what? My bad months were 2. 1 where i has taken time off to be with family and the other I spent half the month sick and had to take 3 days off. I still basically hit goal both months and have gone as much as 200% of goal as well as averaged 120-150% of goal otherwise. The opportunity is endless. Sorry but there is no buddy buddy here. I am friends with people in president’s club and they will all tell you they work hard for your money. You want to make six figs? Guess what at any job you’re gonna have to work hard to do that. So suck it up and be positive. Good worth ethic breeds results. I came into this job and my first month I hit 177% of goal.
Pros
Cons
I can’t make a million dollars in one year