Inogen, Inc. Employee Reviews

mini activities /basketball game in between brakes
Inside Medical Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, OHJuly 4, 2018
INOGEN is a publicly traded company with excellent products . Two weeks of training should be changed to three weeks . Daily work is conducted at a cubicle within the call center
Pros
Excellent products, stock market options
Cons
Call center cubilcle, pressure to make 75+ daily phone call per day
Fun place to work
Patient Technical Receiving Advocate (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXJune 27, 2018
We work as a family at Inogen. Every department communicates with each other to better service our customers and patients. Management allows you to be flexible with time off. The hardest part of the job is learning about the equipment and procedures. The most enjoyable part is being able to resolve patient equipment and account issues.
Pros
company events and benefits
Cons
short breaks and micromanagement
Very Poor Management = High Turnover
Medical Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, OHMarch 19, 2018
This is the worst management team I have ever worked for. If you’re lucky enough to be a “chosen one” you can do well, because everything is handed to you. Although, this is based on management liking you socially, not professionally. If you’re not a “chosen one”, you’re job is threatened weekly even if you’re doing well at it. The company culture is a revolving door and the executives seem fine with that. Low turnover is preeched but not followed through on. Way too much stress for the pay. If you can live of 40-50k you’ll be okay, except constant threats and stress that comes with it.
Pros
Benefits are ok
Rapidly Expanding Company
Associate (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXMarch 6, 2018
The company is growing at a very rapid rate with no end in sight. Lots of room to change departments if desired to continue growth, and the leadership tries to take care of the teams.
Company Over all
Patient Reimbursement posting advocate (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXFebruary 20, 2018
There was a Time there where i did not feel apart of the team. i was with i was really, trying hard to be sucessful and, i was not allowed the time to be there and work on my problems to be sucessful.
I really, did like the job! and wanted to do well!
Pros
Great! Company
Excellent sales job
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXJanuary 29, 2018
People with a negative view on this job are order takers not sales people. I’ve had my bad months and I’ve had my good months but my good greatly outweigh my bad. And guess what? My bad months were 2. 1 where i has taken time off to be with family and the other I spent half the month sick and had to take 3 days off. I still basically hit goal both months and have gone as much as 200% of goal as well as averaged 120-150% of goal otherwise. The opportunity is endless. Sorry but there is no buddy buddy here. I am friends with people in president’s club and they will all tell you they work hard for your money. You want to make six figs? Guess what at any job you’re gonna have to work hard to do that. So suck it up and be positive. Good worth ethic breeds results. I came into this job and my first month I hit 177% of goal.
Pros
Cons
I can’t make a million dollars in one year
expectations
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 19, 2018
poor training. no communication on company direction. Sales goals need to be met in the first month. Lots of favorites in the co, that are given priority leads. Could not trust the team lead.
Pros
Monday to Friday only
Cons
na
Over worked, Under paid
Material Handler II (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXJanuary 12, 2018
They squeeze every last minute out of you that they can. Mandatory overtime is a common event at this company which is great, unless you actually want to spend time with your family. There's too much favoritism, in my opinion. Employees that work hard are rewarded (as long as you're buddies with someone in management). The pay is fair at first but they add workload repeatedly without a raise in wages. Management breaks company policy regularly and enforces it savagely when it's convenient for them. Great benefits, but they're very expensive. Payroll dept. is slow, and uncooperative.
Fun place to work!
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, OHOctober 28, 2017
I look forward to going to work everyday! I love my Co-workers and management appreciates us! Fun place, music, games and hard work! Pay is great and the customers appreciate the help. There is a lot of room for growth.
Pros
Great place to work !
Cons
Management and HR are globally irresponsible and ignore the law
Inside Sales (Former Employee) –  Goleta, CAOctober 27, 2017
Inogen is a wonderful product run by incompetent Management and HR. If you want to gross $11,000 a month, this is the place for you but prepared to lose your health.
Pros
Casual dress, dog friendly, plenty of PTO, Pay, Product
Cons
Terrible customer service to both employee and client, horrible management and HR
High turnover due to poor management
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, OHSeptember 30, 2017
I waited 2 months to start a position with this company only to be disappointed and resigned after only 2 weeks. Inogen promised waiting employees a new office but only rented out an old nasty building with plumbing problems (had to make coffee with store brought water since the water in the building was unsafe to drink).
Don't train new employees well and on the job training has to continue after regular training. Manager was nice until all the trainers left then showed her true colors and started the process of elimination. I resigned as I noticed the unprofessionalism here at Inogen. Definitely would not recommend
Pros
Stock market company
Cons
High turnover, can wear jeans even though they claim you make a lot of money
Great Environment
Patient Billing Advocate (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXAugust 29, 2017
This place is probably the most relaxed place I have ever worked. The people are pretty cool as far as jobs go. However, they don't have a training program so there is a LOT of inconsistencies on processes. They also have no raise policy. So whatever you go in making is what you will always make unless you obtain a new position.
Pros
Feels like family, relaxed environment
Cons
No salary raises
Don't do it!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXAugust 9, 2017
They have a great product but this company isn't organized at all. There's lack of communication and there's a huge disconnect between management and the representatives.
Pros
You get a paycheck
Cons
Management is terrible
Learning how each breathing machine works, cpap, inogen1,2,3 portable machines
Client Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXJuly 11, 2017
Answer calls from patients concerning troubleshooting equipment, operating equipment the proper way walking them through 1 step at a time, I learned with the patients it is very important to have equipment working properly in order to stay alive. Management could extend the job a lot longer, not enough training before putting you out on the floor.

Workplace culture was great, the most enjoyable part of the job was being successful in saving a life.
Pros
Free luncheon
Cons
short breaks
Customer tech support
Customer Care (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXJune 2, 2017
Great place to work. My search is over, this is the company I want to stay with. Very satisfying work helping oxygen patients gain back lost freedom and independence from old, outdated oxygen equipment. Company culture is excellent, and work/life balance emphasized strongly.
Pros
Rewarding
Cons
Cannot think of any
great place
Tray Packer (Former Employee) –  Garland, TXMarch 13, 2017
Great place to work, didnt work there long cause i was a temp but got along with everyone & learned alot of new things. Very Productive place & very busy.
Exciting company with terrific product in high demand, which is highly beneficial to its customers
DME Sales & Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 6, 2017
Excellent company that demonstrates its concern for acquiring and keeping good people.
Work in a very comfortable cubicle with excellent equipment and software to maximize effectiveness in contacting interested oxygen patients throughout the USA.
Great training from a to z in the oxygen service industry, involving every aspect of how insurance looks at oxygen DME.
Detailed hands on training in the equipment invented and manufactulred by Inogen.
Working with excellent supervision by seasoned Reps which enables the company to effectively serve oxygen patients.
Helping people in need of independence and mobility, who have been tethered to antiquated oxygen equipment for 50 years.
Pros
Employee Stock Purchase Plan is terrific
Cons
Sales are affected by seasonal influences, causing diminished sales in winter.
Great relaxed work environment
Patient Certification (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXJanuary 22, 2017
I have worked here over a year in the billing department. The product is awesome and the company is growing because of that. The billing department is trying to keep up and is having some growing pains.
Pros
Free coffee and Tea, Flex Time
Cons
Communication
One of the best companies I've ever worked forl
Dtp sales (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXDecember 20, 2016
Inogen is literally one of the best companies I've ever worked for. Compensation is great, everyone who calls in is legitimately interested in bettering their life with our product, and if you're motivated to move up a tax bracket you defintly can do so. It takes a while to get the hang of everything but once that "lightbulb" goes of then it's easy sailing from there. The people here are great! Everyone for the most part are friendly there to help out if you ever need help closing or working a file, even if you have to be out for some reason someone is always there and willing to help.
Pros
A product that people actually need. Heavy interest. Great sales training.
Cons
This position is for those who don't mind putting in the work to be successful.
After IPO, it got bad
Patient Development Specialist (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXNovember 24, 2016
Initially it was a great place to work. We actually help people. IT was a great feeling, but once the IPO happened, things went south and fast, they lost almost all their top sales people. upper management started to leave as well. Writing was on the wall. now its a low level call center. hard to make a good living there.