Inova Health System Employee Reviews

Exciting Place To Work
Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VAJuly 18, 2018
I received a wealth of information regarding my own health and well being by working closely with Doctors and Nurses.

Gained knowledge about vaccinations and immunizations required to work within a Health Care environment. Was trained on how to document medical records, how to read TB test results.

I loved working with the people I came in contact with; the employee's were required to have annual immunizations; which our office administered these vaccines and kept a current data base of their records.
Large Hospital but nice place to work.
Cardiac Sonographer (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAJuly 17, 2018
This hospital offers a lot of opportunities to learn and fine tune your skill set. The Washington, DC area is outstanding for fun and entertainment. The relationship between the physicians, and technical staff is wonderful.
Pros
Great teaching hospital
Cons
Big hospital
Didn't want to be stuck
RESOURCE COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAJuly 16, 2018
Overall, I would say that the facility where I worked was hospitable. And, honestly, it was the employees (coworkers within and outside of the department) who kept me with the company for as long as I was there. In my department, there was no room for advancement. After having been there for almost 5 years, I only received the most basic standard of living wage increases. There were no merit-based incentives put in place and rarely any opportunities to be promoted. For someone of my age and background, I left because I was "stuck" and needed to move on to pursue other opportunities.
Rewarding job
Clinical Technician, Lead (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VAJuly 16, 2018
This was one of the most rewarding jobs I've had by dealing with the patients directly. A lot of clinical training that was offered like CPR and First Aid.
Pros
Compassionate staff
Cons
None I can think of
preceptor, and a charge nurse (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VAJuly 13, 2018
Inova is a great place to work. We work as a team, supporting each team member to be productive. I always get support from my colleagues and management when dealing with stressful situation.
Great program and place to work
Staff Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAJuly 9, 2018
Environment provided lots of variety as well as a great collaborative environment. Due to the relationship with the hospital there was numerous opportunities to work with the doctors.
Great busy place to work
ADMINISTRATIVE COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAJuly 6, 2018
I've worked at INOVA for 10 years. I have learned much about hospital practices. The company strives for excellence, and requires a lot from its employees.
The absolute worst place to work
Financial Quality Coordinator, (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAJuly 3, 2018
I've worked with Inova for 9 years and when I first started working with the company I loved the employee morale and how all levels of management would positively motivate the employees.. but as the years has passed the culture has changed Inova doesn't value their employees and they often leave for other institutions. Managers treat employees like robots and cattle.. and they are often disrespected and when you report it to HR you are often targeted and have no protection so employees leave.
Pros
sorry no pros
Cons
Too many Cons to list
can be a very stressful place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VA 22304July 2, 2018
This can be a fun place to work but it is also a very stressful place to work. You have to keep your personal feelings in check at all times. Customers will be on edge for numerous reasons. You have to be the calm in the middle of the storm.
Pros
discount on food
Cons
sometimes no breaks.
Worst Job ever
Dispatcher/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAJune 29, 2018
Where to even begin so many things wrong. Managers do not communicate and are so arrogant and blind to what goes on in there company. Managers can not handle stress. Managers are never around. Managers never had any policies in place and when there bosses came to find out all incorrect things that were going on it was toxic. Horrible place no communication. Horrible work environment. Everyone is out for themselves. Constant firing because they need someone to blame when things go bad. They take no responsibility in what they do. They do not care. Plain and simple. You can feel how bad it is as after a few minutes of working there. They are lost and should just shut the doors.
Pros
none misserable everyday
Cons
everything you can think of
management
Recovery Audit Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Falls Church, VAJune 28, 2018
management is great if you need to talk with a situation they are there to listen and help the best way they can. Work place is great and the employees is nice.
Pros
good place to work
Cons
salary
Focused and Concise
Supply Chain Data Manager (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAJune 26, 2018
Everyone is focused on making the information as correct as possible so we can streamline our daily work.

The organization is strongly focused on leadership training and grooming the next generation of Supervisors, Managers, and leadership roles for the organization.
Case management department
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Falls Church, VAJune 26, 2018
A typical day at work often involves several power struggles. The management team is often short sighted and apathetic. The workplace culture is often unpredictable and stressful in nature.
Pros
Teaching Hospital
Cons
Employees are not valued
Day at work
Certified Diabetes Educator and Clinical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Springfield, VAJune 24, 2018
I have adored and treasured taking care of sick patients in their homes, with Inova Home Health. In my 26 years of being an RN, home care has by far been the most rewarding, satisfying and happiest job experience. I am only leaving because an outside company bought out Inova Home Health and the new company does not offer CDE positions.
Great company; poor leadership
Physician Educator/ Auditor (Current Employee) –  Falls Church, VAJune 19, 2018
The things I love most about this job are the wages and option to work remote. Leadership on the other hand is my least favorite part of working for the company because they are very cut-throat and unorganized.
Inova Health System is one of the great places to work!
Medical Librarian (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAJune 16, 2018
I enjoyed being part of a professional team at Inova Alexandria Hospital and had the privilege to work directly under the senior management. The most amazing aspect was that the management, the CEO and the CMO, cared for the employees in a very personal way--they knew the people who worked for them and were very accommodating of the work schedule, leave, etc. in case emergencies.
Pros
Great Management Team
Cons
DC area commute
I really dislike this company
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Current Employee) –  VirginiaJune 15, 2018
Inova healthcare system is a joke. Upper management is always changing and lower management is horrible. The hospital is always under staffed and staff members are not valued.
Summary
Senior Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Falls Church, VA 22042June 15, 2018
Inova needs to pay its employees more. A lot of hard working people here. Plenty of benefits, not enough pay. I would like to move about inside, but they are so hard on education. I have the life experience, and the experience from within.
Great team work and management. good salary. Really appreciate my current position and enjoy my work thoroughly. I like being charge nurse, supervisor
Current Status- Full time (Current Employee) –  Falls Church, VAJune 14, 2018
Inova's not too bad
HR Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Falls Church, VAJune 12, 2018
Inova is so enormous in both the amount of locations and employees, that a lot of how you feel about it will depend upon your individual location/supervisor/team/situation. However, overall, the company is quite benevolent and is making a good faith effort to improve its culture.

There are pros and cons, like any company/organization, but if you get in with a good group, you're likely to be quite happy. They've improved their salaries, as of late, but they're still all that great. What's nice is that there is job security and as long as you keep your nose clean, they will strongly consider hiring you back.
Pros
Their size
Cons
Their size

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Inova Health System. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

2.5Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

0%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss