Inova Health System Employee Reviews

A high pace entitled with team effort
Anesthesia Technician (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAJanuary 15, 2019
INOVA is a very huge hospital with different disciplines. At INOVA thousands of patients get help with in a single day. The team work culture is making it possible to go through all the difficulties in accordance with patient care and safety.
Worst Employer
Manager (Current Employee) –  DC - District of Columbia, DCJanuary 14, 2019
This is the worst company I have ever worked for.
Hard work is punished by micromanagement.
Constant turnover at mid management level leaves teams in chaos and then the employees are blamed for it.
Demotions, firings, and unfair treatment are the norm. There is no job security or advancement.
T
Pros
Good medical care, supporting a good cause, noble corporate mission/vision
Cons
Management shortcomings and constant turmoil cause employee headaches, best avoid.
A fun and relaxed enviornment which allowed you to connect with customers with ease.
Donor Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sterling, VAJanuary 13, 2019
Setup equipment needed to perform medical history documentation of the donor and venipuncture. I learned what to look for in medical history upon who can donate blood and who cannot for an extended period or indefnitely due to any exposure to disease, particular surgery, etc. Management showed an comfortable feeling related toward being close to family and showed the right guidance to their fellow coworkers to lead the team to optimally perform well everyday. The hardest part of the job was dealing with possible reactions from donors due to venipuncture. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with coworkers and with the donors that made the job not feel like a job but simply felt like a daily routine toward my day that made it fun.
Pros
Optimal time for breaks, good working hours, ability to help others
Cons
Work hours usually were very early in the morning
RUN don’t walk from inova human resources
HR (Current Employee) –  Falls Church, VAJanuary 13, 2019
Management in talent acquisition is awful. They have their favorites and if you are not one of them they will try as hard as they can to push you out. Hostile working environment. Unrealistic expectations. Upper management does not care. They work people to the bone and will use/abuse you until you quit. Please take my advice and do not waste your time trying to grow your career in HR at this organization.
Co worrkers
Snap Care Physician Rep III (Current Employee) –  Falls Church, VAJanuary 11, 2019
People meet some people. Some good people. Left and came back. Good benefits can be a little pricy but if you go to inova doctors little less expensive
what i learned
Clinical Technician (Current Employee) –  Leesburg, VAJanuary 10, 2019
I've learned so much in my almost three years at Inova, especially medically taking care of patients, people who put their lives in other's hands in order to get better. Such a great experience.
Great Place
Surveillance Officer (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAJanuary 9, 2019
I been working for Inova Fair Oaks as a contractor for a little over 5 years now and I have never had an issues working there. All my co workers and supervisors are supportive and always willing to help. Great place to work.
Inova Healthcare System
ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAJanuary 9, 2019
Inova Healthcare System was a great work experience. I also was afforded the opportunity to develop programs and platforms for the system. I also was able to leave and start my won company.
Loved it
Administrative Secretary (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAJanuary 9, 2019
I really enjoyed my years with this Hospital. Reason for leaving was personal, the commute and ready to start my family. It helped me with obtaining my medical transcription certificate.
Good Company
Patient Access Associate (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VAJanuary 6, 2019
Good Company to work for...management is good,
Work environment is good. Busy Hospital. Several Locations. Long time in the business of healthcare.
A platform where you can grow professionally and professionally
Clinical Technician I (Current Employee) –  Leesburg, VAJanuary 6, 2019
Everyday is like a roller coaster ride, with constant ups and downs. Nonetheless at the end of the day you have a feeling of fulfillment and satisfaction. Everyone is extremely helpful and understanding.

Workplace culture is extremely professional which is natural and expected in any healthcare facility.

The friends made here eventually become family.
Disliked
Staff Nurse II - Emergency Room (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VADecember 28, 2018
For a magnet level hospital - very disappointed with the way nurses treated each other. Not very helpful - not a team environment. Very clique oriented. Staff not very friendly to new staff or agency nurses. Patients were fine...they were sick (very sick) so they were exactly what I expected. Some were cranky, some were nice...but again...they were sick...so I understand that. It is the staff that I thought was horrible.
Fair
Psychiatric Counselor (Former Employee) –  INOVA Mt Vernon Hospital, VADecember 28, 2018
Work always interesting, gratifying, fulfilling. Management a bit difficult at times, but understandable, in times of great financial shift int he medical practices and administration, management must change also.
Love working here, great place to work and grow.
Wireless Network Engineer (Current Employee) –  Sterling, VADecember 25, 2018
I loved and enjoy working here, it is a great place to work and grow. Inova is a fantastic place to continue progressing in whatever career you choose, be it medical or technical.
Great place to work and learn
Respiratory Care Practitioner II (RCP II) (Current Employee) –  Falls Church, VADecember 22, 2018
I have worked for inova fairfax since graduation in 2006. I enjoy working there and still intends to stay with inova. I have always been interested to work in a sleep lab, which is exactly what I'm looking for now.
Inova Health System
Senior Network Security Engineer (Former Employee) –  Dulles, VADecember 17, 2018
11 years Network Engineering, 5 years Network Security. Support of all networking and security appliances and software.

I had opportunities to learn and grow in Networking and Security.
I meet new and interesting people every day, I work very well with my staff, I participate in office activities, I work outside of my site
TELECOMMUNICATIONS OPERATOR (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VADecember 17, 2018
My typical day is answering over 60-70 calls a day, greet incoming visitors, prepare type, fax, data entry,copy, print, mail, scans, and email information. Communicate codes, alerts,drilled and other announcements per established policies and protocols including disaster management plans. Receive and relay internal and external calls and provide general information per protocol. maintain patient directories, on-call lists, reference guides and other associate reference materials. Operate paging system to contact personnel and code terms. Prepare training manuals for new employees. Possess 5 years of experience with Xtend, Spok mobile, and Call Center. Possess 4 years of experience with the training of new and existing employees. Assist with Special Projects (communication project status w/leadership). Extensive experience managing enterprise implementation healthcare information and EMR systems. Adept in gathering, analyzing and defining business and fund requirements (Calculating data, Creating Graphs & Spreadsheets).
Pros
I travel to all 4 Inova hospital sites and I also volunteered my services to the hospital
Cons
breaks are short
Better than most
Clinical Technician (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VADecember 16, 2018
This place has AWESOME benefits, you have the ability to make your own schedule. However management can be a bit insensitive to those who administer post-mortem care
High Stress - poor work/life balance
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VADecember 16, 2018
Rarely enough staffing in most departments. Ran like people are products or part of a machine, with some unreasonable quotas & demands. Management in IPAC department are not personable, generally unhelpful, & punishing rather than supportive. Workplace culture is unhealthy. Self care is encouraged but not supported. Many employees have an "that's not my job" attitude.

The most enjoyable part of the job are the patients & fellow employees. The benefits are also very good. You can get discounts on healthcare costs & with many retail companies.
Pros
Great benefits
Once was a great place to work regarding moral
Physicians Insurance Analyst III (Current Employee) –  Falls Church, VADecember 16, 2018
Upon arriving to work, an analyst must sit at the computer and process up to 7 claims an hour on a medical software witch makes it impossible to do. Upper management has never attempted to do what they are requiring the employees to do and everyone on the floor is afraid of losing their jobs it they cannot meet the productivity.
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Inova Health System. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

1.7Fairygodboss Score

67%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

86%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss