Inova Health System

Found 1,491 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,499 reviews

Inova Health System insights

What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job

Charge Nurse

Good company overall, but manager at building not a great leader. No one ever checked in to see how the staff was or if the manager was healthful and caring. This was the only downfall.

Pros

Clear directions and expectations, fun and team feeling all providers and coworkers great

Cons

Manager was not a manger

Low Pay/High Stress

Worked there as a registered nurse, and the workload was tremendous. The compensation at the time did not compare to other local hospitals, though this has since improved. You will earn every cent of your paycheck, and at times it feels unsafe.

Pros

Several Positions

Cons

Low pay, heavy workload

A great place to start if you're a new nurse

I've worked here for several years, and have been satisfied with my work. Though recently, I've been feeling more and more burned out. Not sure if it's because of the pandemic, that it's been my 5th year working as nurse, or all of the above. The pay is decent for the cost of living, but it could always be better. I really enjoy my coworkers.

Pros

Good sense of community, decent pay, good leadership

Cons

high stress environment

September 10, 2021
Thank you for your review. We appreciate your insight and understand that workloads may vary as we accommodate more patients. At Inova, we genuinely care about the health and well-being of our team members and advise reaching out to your direct manager if additional support or resources are needed. Thank you again for your feedback and your dedication to our community.

It is a job to remember .

I personally feel like leaving was the best thing for me. I loved the people I worked with. Well most of them. It was an adventure. I think its one of those jobs that you're just a body and nothing else. The company itself isn't bad but they really need to be a fly on the wall. Standing up for yourself makes you insubirdinate. I honestly think they were sadder than I was when I left. If given the chance I probably would have declined the job offer. The people I worked with made the job tolerable. ( well a few of them) . I'm not even disgruntled, im just glad its over . I felt so bad for not feeling bad about not wanting to be there . They keep having mass exits of employees. Yet no one is trying to fix it. Well I wish them well in there future endeavors.

Pros

A few co workers

Cons

The job itself .

September 10, 2021
Thank you for sharing your experience while working at Inova. Though we regret to hear it was not completely positive, we appreciate your candid feedback as we continue to grow and improve.

Fast paced and busy

Working as a nurse is by nature a physically demanding job. Covid has truly turned things up a level. The pay could still be improved for senior and experienced nurses to incentivize staying and resist the urge to travel to make more money.

Pros

Great mid level management

Cons

Weak pay for the area

September 10, 2021
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We truly value and recognize the hard work and dedication of our team members at Inova. We appreciate your insight as we continue to assess and improve the team member experience. Thank you again for your support of our mission to inspire hope and improve the quality of life for those entrusted to our care.

Do you enjoy working at your company?

Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.

Good environment

Working in supply chain here is a great place to kick start a career. Things get busy but not overwhelming and management is more than happy to provide you with the necessary tools to succeed.

Pros

Straight forward

August 26, 2021
Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed the work environment and felt supported by management. We are committed to providing the necessary tools and resources for everyone to be successful at Inova. We appreciate your feedback and wish you the best in your future endeavors.

It was okay

I learned a lot working at the ER. The pay was awful, but keep in mind that Inova will train you as a new tech even with no hospital/medical experience while getting paid. Its a great place to jump start your medical career, but it is not the place to stay forever. My unit was overall okay, some nurses were very sweet while others seemed to have an attitude.. There has always been a high turnover for clinical techs..

Pros

Good benefits

Cons

Pay was awful, raises were a joke

August 26, 2021
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We are glad to hear that you learned a lot and gained valuable skills while working with us. We recognize the hard work and dedication of our team members and regularly review our compensation packages to ensure we are investing in them as they grow their careers at Inova. We appreciate your feedback as we continue to improve.

Monopoly

Inova has a monopoly in the Northern VA area. They pay very low wages in comparison to other health systems because they can. I do not feel valued as an employee there.

Great place

I love Inova health care system.They have the best and most comprehensive training for new grads and also great orientation for nurses.I only left because of relocating to another state. I was heartbroken. I’m Working for another healthcare system that doesn’t even hold a candle to Inova.

August 26, 2021
Thank you for taking the time to write a review and share your experience. We are so pleased to hear how much you enjoyed working with us! We do our best to set everyone up for success and put tremendous effort into our onboarding and training processes. We truly appreciate your feedback and your contributions while at Inova.

Just Dont

You don't want to work here Nepotism and favoritism run rampid..Managers will remove people from their jobs to bring in friends and family. Horrible!!

August 26, 2021
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review. We are sorry to hear that your experience was not a positive one. We recognize the opportunity for improvement as we continue to grow, and we are working hard to gain insights into workplace issues and solutions at all levels within the company. Your feedback is appreciated.

Jobs at Inova Health System

See more jobs

Expected more

I never missed a day of work after contracting 18 months however It was not recognized. New management, dismissed previous managers who were doing good for all.

Pros

Hour lunch breaks, Free donuts on Fidays

August 26, 2021
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We believe in fostering a culture where everyone feels valued for their contributions, and we are sorry to hear that you did not feel recognized for your dedication to our mission. We appreciate your feedback as we continue to improve and wish you the best in your future endeavors.

Grate working environment

Loved working with the Inova Heath system, my unit welcomed me with oven arm, it was extremely easy to fit right in. I worked at the INOVA mouth Venon

August 17, 2021
Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear that your team welcomed you with open arms and you enjoyed working at Inova! We believe the team members that make up our organization are what separates us from other healthcare providers. We wish you the best in your future endeavors.

Put Your Boots On

You are a number at Inova and an expendable one. The new CEO has been terrible for employees with no raises and lay off central. He was quoted as saying the lay offs were "just a drop in the bucket".

Pros

Great Coworkers

Cons

Terrible Management

August 17, 2021
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are sorry to hear that your experience at Inova was not completely positive. We recognize that our team members are essential to our success and our management teams continually strive to provide leadership that fosters individual and team growth. We appreciate your feedback as we continue to improve.

Unhealthy culture and poor pay

(This is about Fairfax.) Like most hospitals there is an expectation that you will sacrifice yourself for your team. You rarely get a break, you’re almost always overloaded, you’re asked to take on extra shifts, and there’s a culture of bullying newbies. On the flip side, you can almost always find your people, and the work is incredibly challenging and gratifying. It’s crazy that the biggest system in NoVA pays the worst. They are at least $2/hr behind the other nearby hospitals.

Pros

Great learning opportunities, challenging patients

Cons

No breaks, unrealistic expectations, bullying

August 17, 2021
Thank you for taking the time to write a review and for sharing your experience. We recognize the hard work and dedication of our team members and believe in providing an environment where everyone can thrive. We understand that team dynamics can be challenging at times and advise team members to reach out to their manager or HR representative with any concerns.There are many variables in calculating pay rates, such as ensuring our rates are market competitive, candidate specialization, years of experience, and other factors. Thank you again for sharing your insight; we appreciate your feedback.

A place to grow and challenge you

INOVA is a progressive hospital system reaching for the next stage in its growth. To grow with them you must be willing to be flexible, accommodating and willing to challenge yourself.

Pros

Helping people

Cons

Understaffing

August 17, 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are pleased to hear that you feel Inova is a great place to challenge yourself and grow your career. One of our core beliefs is working as a team to attain success. We appreciate your feedback as we continue to grow.

Productive work environment with room for growth

Very diverse work culture with employees from all backgrounds. There is something to be learned each day and for the most part the employees work as a team and not independently.

Pros

You’re assigned to 1 provider

Cons

Pulled to work with other providers when your provider is not in clinic

August 17, 2021
Thanks for your feedback. We take great pride in the diversity of our team and in building an inclusive culture where everyone feels welcomed and supported. There are certainly a variety of paths for growth within Inova; we believe that having so many employees dedicated to learning and growing their careers is one of our greatest strengths!

Fine but low pay for the area

It's an interesting work place. There are a lot of different specialties which definitely brings an interesting population. Unfortunately it's significantly low paying for the area. staff is very much treated like just a number. Often very poor management also.

August 17, 2021
Thank you for your review. Many factors go into assessing pay for our team members, and we continue to listen and learn from honest feedback such as yours. We appreciate you taking the time to let us know how we can improve our team member's experiences.

Big hospital with small town feel

I have worked for several hospital systems and Inova is my favorite. I have a great manager and have received several bonuses this year (granted it was COVID). It has a lot of resources.

Pros

Lots of resources, growth opportunities and bonuses

Cons

Can be stressful, work life balance issue

August 17, 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are so glad that you enjoy working at Inova and are thriving in collaboration with management. We serve the largest and most diverse patient population in our area, which creates many learning opportunities for our team members. We understand that work-life balance can be challenging at times, so we encourage open communication regarding any additional support that may be needed. Thanks again for your ongoing contributions and feedback!

Met great coworkers but work environment is not supportive

Good system to start nursing career but always changing. Management can be very unprofessional and take things personally. I noticed a lot of favoritism. No consistency between floors and units. Had great coworkers that were really hard working and supportive.

Pros

Staff, benefits

Cons

Management, inconsistent, pay

July 22, 2021
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Though we regret to hear that your experience with management was not completely positive, we welcome and value your feedback as we continue to improve the team member experience at Inova. We appreciate your insight and have shared this review with our senior leadership team.

Inova is a good place to work, the benifits are good. I also learn alot while working there, I feel proud to be an employee their. I've been working there for a long time.

Pros

Free coffee and tea

Cons

Some times they forget your annual

July 22, 2021
We appreciate you taking the time to write a review. We are happy to hear that you learned a lot and enjoyed working with us. Thank you again for your contributions to the Inova team.

Needs better Management

PFS department had terrible Management and turnover was extremely high as a result. They were rude and unprofessional and HR did nothing to help

Pros

Cons

Bad training, terrible benefits and PTO, bad Management

July 22, 2021
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are sorry to hear that your experience was not what we strive to create for our team members. At Inova, we know that challenging dynamics can lead to a stressful work environment, which is why we are dedicated to providing leadership that fosters a positive and energetic working environment. We value your insight as we continue to grow and improve from feedback such as this.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Inova Health System. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.9Personal Development
3.7Career Opportunities
2.8Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight