Inova Health System

United States1,613 reviews

Found 1,613 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,624 reviews
hospitalpatientnursefairfaxunitnursingclinicalhealth

Vaccine Exemption Nightmare

Let me start with my office is wonderful the management is phenomenal and everyone is friendly! I’m very sad to leave my team. However the CEO and employee health who review/approve or deny religious exemptions and medical exemptions for covid vaccinations are horrible. I have worked through Covid for the last two years for Inova and put in for a religious exemption only to have it denied and my appeal denied. So now I am being terminated because I refuse to get the Covid vaccine even though I’ve had Covid twice already and my work performance at my office is well above average. It is so sad that they are firing so many people over this! Even people with 20-30 years of service!

August 10, 2022
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. At Inova, we are committed to taking care of our patients and team members. To ensure that we continue to enhance the health and well-being of every person we serve, and to ensure health and safety in our facilities, we've put strict policies in place to prevent the spread of infections. We've shared your feedback with the management and Human Resources team.

Lots of options, fair benefits and salary

There are many opportunities at Inova, I changed patient care areas 3x over 15 years for different opportunities. My only complaints at the end were micromanaging and a focus on Magnet status to the exclusion of common sense.

Inova Health System insights

What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Overall satisfaction
  • General feeling of work happiness

Would highly recommend.

Managment is always available to help and support their staff. Criticism when given is always constructive. Typical work day includes a lot of telephone patient contact. I learned how to effectively deal with a variety of personalities. Workplace has a very diverse culture. The hardest part of the job was the volume of calls. The most enjoyable part of my job was knowing that I was helping people.

NO! Just NO!!

If you value your physical and especially Mental Health then RUN! Run away as far as you can! The atmosphere is beyond toxic and Snakes are everywhere...Just NO!

Staff

The Operating Room is for you if you care to work in a micro-managed and downright punitive environment. Policies are made up daily. It is very clicky, and being in the right crowd is essential to get the services you want to be in. Some staff works incredibly hard while others in the "preferred crew" don't work as much. The management is biased, and the pay, considering the location, is inadequate—many new supervisors are incapable of even deciphering a time clock punch in.

Pros

45minute lunches

Cons

Many unbalanced work assignments

Fun place

A good place to work and growth, i love it, friendly environment and good management. I recommend it to my fellow nurses.maybe pay rates should be better. But what you gain is not just money

Productive workplace

It was a good learning experience and helped with getting me into the nurse life. Would recommend for someone looking for a steady and repetitive work environment.

Good place to learn and many good co-workers, but leaders and HR are out of touch

Some good things and some bad. There is job security as long as you want to be a bedside nurse forever, but who aspires to that?! I was encouraged to get a certification (looks good on paper for them) then as soon as magnet status was achieved, there was no more support to renew or obtain continuing education. They also want all nurses to have a BSN, another thing that looks good on paper for them but has nothing to do with actual quality of nurses. Some of the best nurses I know are diploma and ADN nurses and some of the scariest are BSNs. The idea of "looking good" is more important to the organization than actually being good. Sadly, this is probably not unique to big hospital systems.The overall experience can be very different from unit to unit and facility to facility. If you are lucky enough to work on a unit where the leader is supportive and advocates for the staff, then it will be a good experience. Unfortunately, management generally is against this and your good leader will not last more than a few years. The catchphrase "One Inova" is a lie. I worked at two different Inova facilities and things were very different between the two. Also they care more about money than patients and most decisions reflect this, especially considering that the leaders are out of touch with clinical care. If you are a nurse leader who hasn't actually done clinical care in five years, sorry but you are clueless. Things change and you may think you know a good idea when you dream one up, but chances are you will be wrong unless you actually accept feedback from those in the trenches. -

Pros

Many great co-workers, night shift helps you avoid nonsense

Cons

Lower pay than most other systems in the area, management

September 16, 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review.At Inova, We are committed to making all team members feel supported and enjoy their workdays. We strive to create an environment where open and honest communication is encouraged. We recognize the value of the hard work and dedication of our team members. We are also proud to offer competitive pay to all team members. Our management teams continually strive to provide leadership that fosters individual and team growth. We believe initial and ongoing support from management and training are necessary to make our team members successful. We appreciate your feedback as we continue to grow and will take your insights to our leadership team.

Okay place

Ladder to advance pay is nearly impossible to get completed. Management hears you out depending in the unit. Pcu ratio is 3-4, 5 on a bad dat. Icu is rarely tripled.

September 16, 2022
Thank you for your feedback. At Inova, we recognize and value the hard work of our team members. We regularly review our compensation rates at all levels of the organization to ensure we are competitive. We recognize that our team members are essential to our continued progress and we believe in providing leadership that fosters individual and team growth. Thanks for being a valued member of our team and family.

Mandatory covid vaccine or fired

Even if you work from home remotely, they require covid shots…… their is a workque to work off of, they require a certain number of accounts to be completed daily .

September 16, 2022
Thank you for leaving us a review, we value your feedback as we continue to grow.

Experience

The patients are complex, high-acuity patients. Nurses who work here will get great experience. Management needs work like in most hospitals. I think your experience is also dependent upon what unit you work on.

September 16, 2022
Thank you for leaving us a review.At Inova, we want to ensure that team members feel support from our leadership team, so we regret to hear that your experience has not been what we strive to create for team members. As we continue to grow as an organization, we recognize there will be opportunities for improvement. Our goal is to gain an understanding of work issues and solutions at all levels within the company. We appreciate your feedback.

Clean and organized

Clean atmosphere and smooth running operations. Professional staff and orderly guidelines and policies. Management can be a little hard to communicate with at times…

September 16, 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review.We are glad to hear our team members are providing a professional culture and atmosphere.We want to ensure that team members feel able to communicate with our leadership team, so we regret to hear that your experience has not been what we strive to create for team members. Our goal is to gain an understanding of work issues and solutions at all levels within the company. Thank you for sharing your feedback.

I’ve been with the company for a year and so far everything has been great. It was easy to learn the system and upper management is easy to keep in contact with.

September 16, 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We’re happy to hear your team is thriving in collaboration with management. We recognize that our team members are essential to our continued progress and we believe in providing leadership that fosters individual and team growth. Thanks for being a valued member of our team and family.

Great visionary

The culture is about making a difference!It’s all about how can we make it right!Highly educated staff, incredible CEO and dedication without limitation.This company will thrive even more in the next 10 years.

Pros

Well balance, highly educated team members

Cons

Haven’t seen it yet

September 16, 2022
Thank you for leaving us a five-star review.Our greatest asset is our culture. We believe the team members that make up our organization are what separates us from other healthcare providers. Thank you for your continued support of our mission to inspire hope and improve the quality of life for those entrusted to our care.

High quality place to work as a nurse!

Strong management, positive workplace culture, strong interprofessional team, good hours (8-4:30pm M-F), opportunities for professional growth, great place to worl

September 16, 2022
Thank you for leaving us a five-star review.We’re happy to hear your team is thriving in collaboration with management. We recognize that our team members are essential to our continued progress and we believe in providing leadership that fosters individual and team growth. Thanks for being a valued member of our team and family.

A nice place to be.

A nice place with respectful teamwork. Would definitely recommend to join if you have the skills that are required. The unit census could use some work but looks like it's understaffed everywhere.

Pros

Teamwork

Cons

Staffing ratio

September 16, 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review.At Inova, our team members are the foundation of our culture and commitment to furthering our world-class health care. We are pleased to hear that you enjoy working with your colleagues.We appreciate your feedback.

At Fair Oaks Hospital it was almost like a big family

I would say it was my favorite job of all jobs in my life. I worked there for 11 years. I made life long friends there.I had a couple of horrible managers but all and all a wonderful company. Great benefits, tuition reimbursement, great insurance, and more. I was a float originally and worked in every department... not everyone gets to do that. I was never bored. I learned sooooo much.

September 16, 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review.At Inova, it is our goal to provide our team members with the support and resources necessary to grow within their careers. Our greatest asset is our culture. We believe the team members that make up our organization are what separates us from other healthcare providers. Thank you for your continued support of our mission to inspire hope and improve the quality of life for those entrusted to our care.

Good environment/coworker/management - poor staffing/pay

The clinical director and the coworkers on my unit at Inova are great. My boss is really supportive and my coworkers are all nice and willing to help each other out. The patient acuity is very high at Inova so when we’re understaffed it makes work pretty difficult and has led to many nurses on our unit becoming burned out and leaving for less stress jobs (myself included - I’m currently looking for other jobs). I’ve been working at Inova for about two years and the staffing situation has been really good at times and terrible at other times. It also doesn’t help that when we’re understaffed, sometimes we can’t get help from float nurses/techs because the hospital opens overflow units and had the float staff work there when their normal units aren’t even adequately staffed. Currently we have a lot of travelers (like 15 or more) on our unit but not much core staff.

September 16, 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review.We are glad to hear that your colleagues and management have been supportive. At Inova, our goal is to provide our patients with the best care. To do so, we are continuing our hiring efforts and working hard to retain top talent to add to our team. We appreciate your patience as we continue to grow and improve.

Focused on numbers not patients

Very focused on making numbers and friends not about quality care. Staff are unfriendly and management is not driven towards advancing the units needs.

September 7, 2022
Thank you for your feedback. At Inova, our mission is to inspire hope and improve the quality of life for those entrusted to our care. We want to ensure that team members feel support from our leadership team, so we regret to hear that your experience has not been what we strive to create for team members. As we continue to grow as an organization, we recognize there will be opportunities for improvement. Our goal is to gain an understanding of work issues and solutions at all levels within the company. Your feedback is appreciated as we continue to grow.

Great Place to Work

Inova is a great hospital to work for! Specifically at Inova Alexandria it is a small community atmosphere with excellent care. The salary is competitive and they offer great bonuses and benefits

September 7, 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! We are pleased to learn you were able to take advantage of our benefits and competitive salary. We believe the team members that make up our organization are what separates us from other healthcare providers. Thank you for your continued support of our mission to inspire hope and improve the quality of life for those entrusted to our care.

Management was really committed to quality care for patients and working as a team to accomplish this

INOVA really put forth effort on all levels to have transparency and encouraged team members to share their ideas and concerns to improve overall wellness for patients and team members

September 7, 2022
Thank you for leaving us a review. We’re happy to hear your team is thriving in collaboration with management. We recognize that our team members are essential to our continued progress and we believe in providing leadership that fosters individual and team growth. Thanks for being a valued member of our team and family.

Common questions about Inova Health System

Answered by current and former employees at Inova Health System

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Inova Health System. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
Top 25%
In the Top 25% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Inova Health System.
Powered byComparably