Inova Health System Employee Reviews

Poor management
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  2921 Telstar Court. Falls Church, VANovember 13, 2018
As an employee there, I put all my efforts and hard work toward my jobs. I like my jobs by assisted my patients with their cares and needs first. I enjoyed work with all my colleagues.
Pros
sometime we had free lunch
Cons
I had 30 minutes lunch
Emergency Department RN3, CEN (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VANovember 12, 2018
INOVA has been a great place to work. The people are great and management really seems to care about you as an individual. The workplace culture has been shifting to a more collaborative environment where everyone is treated with respect.
Pros
Exercise room and Staff lounge with massage chair
Cons
Too little pay, short breaks
busy
PATIENT SAFETY ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VANovember 10, 2018
It was a face paced work place that required full attentiveness and consideration due to dealing with many individuals who were not fit nor healthy during interactions.
over worked, unpaid
Medical Legal Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VANovember 7, 2018
I like the people that I worked with but the problem is that the pay. The pay is very little. Also, the benefits isn't that great. Most of the time employee left the work force because we are over worked.
Pros
Great co workers
Cons
unpaid and over worked
stress
Sched Reg Rep (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VANovember 5, 2018
Work place was stressful,no room for growth, management would not take in consideration of employees doing the job. Would work for more than what you were getting paid for.
Pros
patients become family.
Overall a good place to learn nursing
RN (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VANovember 5, 2018
Management seems to change often. I had about 10 managers in 5 years, but the last one has been there for 2 years so it did get better. Depending on where you get a job there may be a high turnover.
Pros
Tuition reimbursement
Cons
Understaffing at times
Low pay horrible benefits
RN (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VANovember 4, 2018
The pay for nurses at Inova is the lowest in the northern Virginia DC area. The benefits are insulting. The health insurance plans are very expensive.....twice the amount of other hospitals. You would think a hospital system would offer a good health care plan for their employees unfortunately they are just trying to make a buck. The unit I worked on was cut throat and had a tremendous amount of turnover. They just recently hired 20 new nurses and are having difficulty orienting them. I don’t want any part of that chaos and employee disrespect
Pros
Panera in the lobby, multiple hospitals, Magnet
Cons
Few breaks, staff turnover, pay and benefits
A very rewarding place to work
Medical Interpreter and Trainer (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VANovember 1, 2018
I loved working at Inova Health System so much that I was able to come back 4 times a year to teach and interpreter class for bilingual staff.

Every time that I am back at Inova Health System to teach this class I feel at home and want to come back
Productive and workplace
Team Leader III Financial Aid Departmen (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VANovember 1, 2018
Really enjoyed working for Inova. I had a tragedy in my family and manager and supervisors where very understanding. Great team willing to help each other when needed.
Pros
Great Place to work
Cons
Mandatory OT
Poor management Style/No cost of living incentives.
Patient Financial Services Rep II (Current Employee) –  Falls Church, VAOctober 30, 2018
Management at INOVA does not practice or abide by the Cultural Beliefs that are strongly encouraged to use. The style of management is poor and lacks empathy and professionalism. There are no cost of living raises at INOVA nor do they have a UNION. You may be stuck in the same salary for years to come. There is minimum opportunity for growth.
Pros
30 min paid lunch that can be combined with 2 15 min breaks
Cons
No cost of living benefits
Great Company
OUTPATIENT/ER REGISTRATION REP II (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAOctober 29, 2018
Great company, well respected in Northern VA, Great benefits for full time employees, co workers were amazing, you will not be disappointed with this employer.
My work experience with Inova Health System
Medical coding and office administration ( OB/GYN) (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VAOctober 24, 2018
A great place to work; Exceptional co-workers, Physicians, support staff and management. Very clean environment. I've learned a lot more about what it takes to be a medical coder and how demanding patient care could be. I had caring and capable managers, who looked after the staff very well. The most enjoyable part of my work was to interact with people from different ethnic cultures. Hardest part about the job was working with all the different types of attitudes people bring and sometime it takes patience and careful handling of emotions. Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed my work at Inova and I would love to go back any day.
Pros
I love to code and enjoyed working in the ATC, a truly great place to work.
Cons
After coming back from vacation, I had to do all the pending work since there wasn't anyone that could do my work.
Low pay for northern virginia
Clinical Mentor (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAOctober 23, 2018
I have worked at Inova for 3 years and have had not had much of an increase in pay. Last year I received a 1% increase which equated to an increase of $0.43hr and this past year I received $0.49hr. I can’t afford to work at Inova and live in this area. The other local hospitals are offering a more competitive salary. The unit I work on was nice and the people were nice and helpful, I just wish they paid more. They do this crazy quartile pay increase and I swear I will never make it out of quartile 2, I am not sure how some people have gotten to the 4th quartile.
Pros
People are nice, there is a panera
Cons
Pay, expensive benefits with high copays
Structured, Supportive, Well Led and Managed
RN Professional Practice (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VAOctober 22, 2018
What can I say? INOVA Alexandria is the best hospital I've worked in during 25 years of nursing practice for all the reasons listed in the title of this review.
Good Hospital
Operating Room Scrub and Circulating RN, BSN (Former Employee) –  Lansdowne, VAOctober 16, 2018
I have no current review for this for position at this time. It was very typical of OR.
The hospital is nice.
I refer people to this hospital for care.
Pros
Northern Virgina pay Rate
Cons
commute
Overall job summary
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VAOctober 15, 2018
The RN role is about providing care to adult patients in an ambulatory care setting with a high turnover of admissions and discharges. Staffing needs are adjusted on a daily basis.
Gained good medical knowledge and experience.
Internship (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAOctober 11, 2018
I am grateful for the kind nurses who love to teach and love nursing who taught me a lot about critical care. However,
this organization almost made me give up nursing. It has a cut -throat drama culture that can leave some doubting the profession are caring human beings. I love nursing too much, so I had to regain strength and move on.
Pros
It is a job.
Cons
Too many to list
Steady Work
Team Lead Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAOctober 10, 2018
Typical day at work?

Very busy environment, cleaning request all night long.

What you learned?

You have to be very creative in communicating with people from all cultures.

Management?

Structured chain of command

Workplace Culture?

Very diversified one person for nearly every culture - male and female

Hardest part of the job?

Finding out employees sleeping on the job and having to send them home or writing them up and then finding another to do the work that was incomplete.

The most enjoyable part of the job?

Nice co-workers and doctors, technicians, nurses. Personable and friendly. Team
Pros
Steady work
Cons
People not doing their jobs and hiding, sleeping at the hospital
Na
Registered Nurse II (Current Employee) –  Falls Church, VAOctober 10, 2018
great experience for new nurses, but low pay for experienced nurses. promotions and awards given by favortism, and not true skills. Management changes every 2-3 years.
Terrible managers
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAOctober 10, 2018
Management is the worst part of Inova Alexandria Hospital. They love to criticize you but never appreciate what you do for them. They just think about numbers and their own bonus.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Inova Health System. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Women's ratings

1.7Fairygodboss Score

67%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

86%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss