Inova Health System Employee Reviews

Clinical Technician (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VASeptember 15, 2018
Inova overall has been a good place to work. The teamwork on my unit is wonderful and the people who work here are pleasant. We have a great working family. The hours are long and you work very hard. At times you can feel a bit over worked and under paid. But overall, a good place to work.
Pros
Great people, good teamwork
Cons
Exhausting
Hi
Patient Financial Services Representative IV (Current Employee) –  Falls Church, VASeptember 15, 2018
Inova Health System is a Great company to work for. I enjoy coming to everyyday, my coworkers are a great brunch of people who truly care about you. We are like a family.
Great company
Phlebotomist, Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VASeptember 13, 2018
Working at inova has aforded me the oppurtunity to advance my career earning satisfactory. I can truly say I enjoy working at this hospital and am looking forward to a long association with this company
No, there is no time for fun.
SPECIAL PROGRAM FINANCIAL SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VASeptember 7, 2018
Please understand that when you work for the INOVA Oncology Financial Services Dept, there is very little time for fun. Our job, as Oncology Financial Specialists, is to obtain the necessary pre-authorizations for complex and complicated chemotherapy treatments. Usually for stage IV patients. Thus, their doctors are usually creating a concoction of drugs to treat very aggressive CANCERS. Our job was to work with the patient's insurance (CIGNA, Carefirst, UHC, AETNA, Medicaid, Medicare, etc.) to obtain the required pre-authorization BEFORE treatment can be administered. As a NON-CLINICAL employee, it was beyond difficult to navigate between the insurance companies, the patients, the doctors and the doctor's nursing staff in order to provide the required medical documentation to approve the treatment. It was a life or death situation, on a DAILY basis.
Pros
helping patients
Cons
Everything else
Working as an intern
Patient Experience Intern (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VASeptember 6, 2018
It was a great experience and I learned a lot from a recent graduate. They take great care of their patients and staff. They embody a culture that cares about their patients
Fast paced,
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  Leesburg, VAAugust 30, 2018
Health care in general is long hours, quick turn around, not enough staff. Team is great and we provide excellent patient care. Hospitals should never flex ER staff because its the front line and you never know what comes through the door.
Lead Surgery Scheduler, Main OR' Perioperative (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAAugust 28, 2018
Greeting everyone, checking messges email-phone, checking in with Management, then it starts. scheduling, patients coming in for assistance. assisting staff. going to weekly meetings etc.
Pros
pay, beneftts, staff
wonderful
Office Manager/Admin Coordinator-Cancer Center (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VAAugust 28, 2018
I loved this company. they are so into their employees. all my managers encouraged advancement, knowledge and growth. Even if it meant you had to leave the department, Selfless.
Pros
staff, MD's, benefits, pay
Good Company
Technician (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAAugust 27, 2018
INOVA was a good patient care system to work for. Very face paced. Very informative. Provided great patient care. Docs,nurses and techs are very knowledgeable.
Enjoyable collaborative environment
ER Nurse (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAAugust 27, 2018
I enjoyed the pace and culture of Inova. The staff and management attempt to work together to solve issues. The managers are always willing to listen and always available to the staff.
Bad managment
PHARMACY TECHNICIAN/TRANSITION SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAAugust 25, 2018
When I started working there I thought it was all about patient care and customer service , but my supervisor made it all about making money for the pharmacy and did not care about employees or patient care at all.
Senior Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAAugust 24, 2018
Excellent workplace experience. Employees are provided with multiple continuing education opportunities for advancement. Fair salaries along with good benefits.
Great learning experience as a nurse extern
NURSE EXTERN (Former Employee) –  Fair Oaks, VAAugust 23, 2018
Wonderful 6-week nurse extern program really helped me identify what units I liked and disliked so that I can soon graduate and choose where I would like to work. My nurse supervisor was a great teacher.
Workplace Culture
Registered Nurse/Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAAugust 22, 2018
IFOH have a great team of RNs, CTs, etc. INOVA provides opportunity for advancement. Most patients coming to the hospital have positive feedback regarding the hospital and the team that takes care of them
Pros
Opportunities to advance
Cons
Short Break
It was a pleasure working there, I found management was on point and there was always room to advance
Patient Financial Rep III (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VAAugust 21, 2018
There always was a willingness to listen interchange of thoughts on how to improve our departments and job requirements. It was a pleasure working in an engaged department.
Pros
engaged employees
Cons
distance
The PTO is horrible
SR. REIMBURSEMENT ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Falls Church, VAAugust 20, 2018
They make you use your own PTO for holidays. They also pay less than what is needed to live in the city of Fairfax. Also they don't listen to comments or suggestions.
Satisfactory Yearly Evaluations
Lab Tech Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAAugust 20, 2018
I was satisfied working at Inova but tI wanted to explore other opportunities. I learned about working in a medical laboratory. I also have experience working in the MicroBiology department
Very professional and Management is Excellent
Trauma Database Specialist (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAAugust 19, 2018
Worked for Inova for 17 years. 80%of my bosses were great and made sure you had the resources to do the job. Very professional and management cares about you. They listen to what you have to say and ask for input. One of the best experiences Ive had in my career.
Pros
Great working conditions, Management listen to what you have to say, excellent benefits, teams work well together.
Cons
Pay
Hard work
Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist (Current Employee) –  Leesburg, VAAugust 13, 2018
This department does a lot of procedures. The overall atmosphere of the department is caring for the patient, however, the amount of work leads to mental and physical fatigue. There is a shortage of workers and no shortage of procedures.
Pros
patient care
Cons
long days, physical work
A productivity place to work
Auditor- Educator Medical Billing & Coding (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VA 22042August 13, 2018
Enjoyed working at INOVA the past two years. The culture was centered on completive teamwork, and goal oriented to achieve overall results, which was patient first.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Inova Health System. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

1.7Fairygodboss Score

67%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

86%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss