Inovalon

Inovalon Employee Reviews

Ok place to work
Management needs to be improved. I had worked in there not long and left because the long commute. Employee work schedule was not flexible. Some work process was not established.
I feel isolated working remotely
I crave a team atmosphere and human interaction which is non-existent working remotely. I have minimal interaction with my lead and I perceive most interactions negatively because the interactions are so limited. Pay and benefits are competitive. Working remotely provides significant time with my family.
Company still working to understand the talent pool they have.
A long road ahead of them to understand the internal talent pool and dynamic of the employess base they have. A high turnover rate is normal as well as low morale.
Great remote work.
Did everything expected of me I did it all when it in regards to extracting pertinent information from charts to be reviewed by Doctors. If anyone was to ask me if I loved my job. I would say yes. Yes yes!!!!
it was so productive
I have learnt a lot from the company and coworkers and it helps me to grow mentally, psychologically, and technically. So i was opportunist working there.
Would you recommend working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
Good money but bad
This was a great company to work for ,but they are always looking for employees to replace with no general warning , or reasonable explanation. You don't get much job training on the position you applied for, you basically have to figure out your job and how to do it yourself. Also they have a hard time with paying everyone correctly and efficiently. Checks are always either short, or higher .
telemarketing
The jobs is easy and well paid but the way is handle operationally it makes you feel as a telemarketer. Many incentives to keep you interested.Fast turn around.
fast paced and unorganized
The management team is the bulk of the problem at inovalon. They are unorganized but expect perfection from employees. My supervisor was fair and upper management wanted him to be tougher on us. Very overwhelming at times and unfair to workers.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Inovalon?
Interesting job. Stressful work environment
I found the job interesting. I was eager to learn. I did remote and on-site reviews. I learned many aspects about chart review. I did not like the harshness of some of the managers.
Dont Even Bother
Youll start low and end lower. this place is a disgrace from the loose lipped HR department to the rampant favoritism within the departments. You could do above and amazing work but if you aren't licking boots consider it worthless. The CEO is in Australia and only comes to brag about how rich he is so take it for what it is.
Work In Progress/ Lots to fix
Out of all the jobs I had in Phoenix. This was by far the BEST. Because of all the great people I worked with. I loved this job. Once it went public. It was totally destroyed. Now they are trying to fix it. Just hope it's not too late.
Good work, bad culture
Quality of work is good. Many opportunities to learn different skills. Company culture is bad. Management is stagnant and there aren't growth opportunities. Layoffs are very common.
good company
Good company, its a health care based industry, has lot of potential , funding problem can arises time to time. fire easily, work environment is good.
Great learning job. Able to work very independently
Good company to work for. Wish it was not a temp job but I learned a lot and enjoyed the day to day freedom. Good for meeting new people. Also enjoyed the time working remote.
Pros
Flexibilty
Cons
Temp work
Dont waste your time
The worst decision I made. It requires you to provide 40 hours out the month, but there are no patients. Onboarding was a nightmare. They move like frozen tar. Management is bad. No answer and they send you to the wrong department. Dont waste your time! You will regret giving up the 40 required hours you are suppose to schedule your self for them. To find out that there are no patients.
Enter at your own risk!!!
SALES! Just smile, dial, rebut refusals of visits by members. If a member doesn't want a visit, you have to give rebuttals to convince him to have it.
Pros
Nice pay, benefits
Cons
Culture, poor management, stressful, poor employee morale, excessively high turn over rate
Massive layoff of RNs
RN consultants were laid off in August 2017. Training was good to learn Icd 9 and 10 coding but it was only one week. RNs were misplaced under field department who was managed by non clinicians. Put out on the field to scan charts instead of coding. I was told to code faster when I did get a chance to review charts and told not think as a "nurse" but I am a NURSE. Never got a raise. No healthcare benefits, no PTO and had to get approval get get a day off with PTO, but I was a contractor. Worked 2 years and never allowed to be full time then laid off
If you are looking for a steady paycheck or a predictable work schedule, this is not the place.
Few ethics, fewer scruples. Field staff treated like mushrooms (generally kept in the dark). Work is interesting when available. Pay is commensurate with responsibilities. Prolonged "dry" periods with little or no work lasting days to weeks.
Diffcult company culture, no diversity in leadership, little work life balance.
Trust what you read online; very difficult company culture and little work life balance. Great location in Prince George's County. No diversity in senior management.
Pros
Great location in Prince George's County.
Cons
Difficult company culture.
Inovalon
Overall, Inovalon was good for work experience. But the culture and the managing is in great need of great improvement. There were many areas where they fell short to uphold the policies that they held so strongly against others. That lead to many people losing their jobs.
Could be a great place to work
Inovalon should be a great place to work but because of the lack of leadership and job security it is one of the most dysfunctional environments to work in and I wouldn’t recommend this company to anyone that wants to bein a successful work atmosphere.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Inovalon. Our community is ready to answer.
2.4
2.7
2.9
Women's ratings

1.7Fairygodboss Score

33%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

33%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.