Inovalon

• Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager

Ok place to work

Management needs to be improved. I had worked in there not long and left because the long commute. Employee work schedule was not flexible. Some work process was not established.

Unrealistic Expectations

Initially I thought this would be a great job. It’s not. The more you give the more they want. Posting the number of appointments you’ve made in chat groups makes you feel like your in competition when the objective of the job should be to help the members. The scripting sounds like scam when you’re cold calling unexpecting people. You’re basically selling an appointment and the rebuttals provided don’t really give meaning as to why it’s important to make the appointment. To this day I don’t know the point in what I’m doing. This job will drain the life out of you especially if you’re someone who cares about what you’re doing. They expect perfection when the systems aren’t perfected. I wish management would Focus more on quality and not quantity. And do away with the unnecessary posting in chats and keep it for technical issues because it’s plenty of that.

Pros

The pay is good

Cons

Support is nonexistent the system are on another level of awful

Work remotely

Work remotely, good pay, generous PTO, several paid holidays, lead is always helpful and wants to see you succeed, great training, company paid CEU’s for coders.

Pros

Great schedule, good benefits, working remotely

Cons

Need to include CEU for nurses.

September 15, 2021
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback! Inovalon is only successful due to dedicated employees like yourself, and we are so glad to hear that you have had a positive experience for the most part. We hear your feedback regarding CEUs and appreciate the insight. We want to do whatever we can to make sure our associates succeed. We encourage you to share additional details and recommendations by emailing us at IndeedFeedback@inovalon.com . Thank you!

Laid back management, easy job

I work as a medical records technician. I do medical abstraction remotely. The job is pretty easy and repetitive. It is also very inconsistent as you work from a queue that goes empty a lot of times. I think if the job was full time and consistent, I would stay with the company.

Pros

Flexible

Cons

Poor pay, inconsistent

September 10, 2021
Thank you for taking the time to write a thoughtful review. We are sorry that you are not satisfied with the compensation or the workload consistency. We will be sure to relay your feedback to our leadership team. Insights like this are extremely valuable as we are always looking to improve the employee experience. We encourage you to share additional details and recommendations by emailing us at IndeedFeedback@inovalon.com. Thank you!

The bad

If you're willing to be a watchdog for direct & upper management & HR, this is the job for you. I've watched many people that are under qualified get promoted while people who legitimately have qualifications get passed up for promotions. As long as you're okay with a stressful work environment with co-workers watching your every move than this is the place for you! If you do decide to work at Inovalon, gain your experience and move on.

Pros

Great place to gain work experience

Cons

No promotion or advancement

September 1, 2021
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We apologize for the frustrations you had with your management team during your time with us. Inovalon strives to create an environment of fairness and collaboration where our employees feel valued and heard and it is clear that was not the case for you. As with any large company we are always looking for ways to improve the overall employee experience so feedback like yours is invaluable to the process. We will be sure to escalate your concerns to our leadership group and we encourage you to share any additional details by emailing us at IndeedFeedback@inovalon.com. Thank you!

Care to share?

Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.

Stressful and unfair

Play favoritismMakes a lot of empty promisesModern day sweat shopAlway messing up paychecksIn training 6 people quit because they have not been paid

Pros

Free lunch time to time

Cons

Every thing

September 1, 2021
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We are very sorry to hear that you had a difficult experience with us. Inovalon strives to provide an environment where employees feel valued and respected, and it is apparent that was not the case for you. We hear your concerns about on-time payments and apologize for any inconvenience and delays. We are making concerted efforts to ensure that does not happen again and feedback like yours is very important to helping improve the employee experience. We encourage you to share any additional details and recommendations with us at IndeedFeedback@inovalon.com. Thank you!

This company works as a third party for major insurance companies and management has no idea what they are doing. Their leadership is a joke and their culture is nonexistent.

Pros

Cons

Under staffed, not clear on job role

August 24, 2021
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are sorry to hear about your frustrations with the company. Inovalon strives to create an environment where all of our employees feel challenged, empowered, and heard and we take feedback like this very seriously. We will be sure to relay your concerts to our leadership team in hopes of ultimately improving the employee experience. We encourage you to share any additional details/recommendations by emailing us at IndeedFeedback@inovalon.com . Thank you!

Simple work

This job is remote/in office depending on where you live. I worked only as a remote employee. This company has many different departments. I got to work in 2 departments. I had started in one department and did great. had a good relationship with my supervisor and he cared for his team. It got slow and was forced to move to another department and was told we will have to now work weekends. In this department, I was warned about the supervisor not knowing anything, getting in trouble and having his favorites. I still had an opened mind and remained positive. This work was very repetitive and fast paced. You will take/make back to back calls all day. They only allowed 6 minutes of personal time off of the phone, not including two 15 minute breaks and a 30 minute lunch. 6 minutes isn't much if you need to take a break from constant calls, go to the bathroom or get yourself some water. It adds up very quickly. The supervisors will act like they care but will gaslight you a lot. They have a high turn around rate.

Pros

Different departments & opportunities

Cons

Hectic, Bad management, Lack of communication, Job duties and hours can be switched anytime

August 20, 2021
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We are disappointed to hear your experience went from a positive one to a problematic one. Inovalon strives to provide an environment where our employees feel valued and heard. We apologize if that was not the case for you. We will certainly reevaluate our leadership behavior as well as overall employee culture within this group. We certainly encourage you to provide further details and recommendations on how we can improve the employee experience. Please email us at IndeedFeedback@inovalon.com. Thank you!

Optimum Work Environment with Flexible Hours

There are so many fascinating elements about working for the Inovalon. My preference is probably the flexibility I have with my hours. I furthermore embrace the company culture and appreciate operating with everyone. So many employees enjoy their jobs because it looks fabulous on a resume and allows them to gain a lot of knowledge.

Pros

Remote

Cons

Cyber Security is still Maturing

August 20, 2021
Thank you for taking time to share your feedback. We are delighted to hear you are enjoying Inovalon’s work culture. We strive to provide an environment where employees feel valued, respected, and heard. As a growing company, we are always looking for ways to improve our employee experience and encourage you to provide additional details/recommendations. Please email us at IndeedFeedback@inovalon.com. Thank you!

Interesting place

Has lots of opportunities to move up. The pay is decent for the work and incentives. It has lots of offer and you feel connected to it and its remote

Pros

Incentives and paid extra for overtime

August 20, 2021
Thank you for taking time to provide feedback! We are thrilled to hear you are happy with the company and our compensation and incentives. It is due to employees like you that Inovalon enjoys its many successes, and we want to make sure our associates feel connected and valued. If you have any further feedback, please email us at IndeedFeedback@inovalon.com. Thank you!

Jobs at Inovalon

See more jobs

Disorganized, micro managed organization

A high-stress environment with people in management positions that don't know how to manage. Many people have been put into management positions due to tenure, not interest or skill, because of poor/nonexistent HR promotional structure and a need to justify a salary increase. There is no company training and requests for training are usually ignored. Depending on the department, there is a dog-eat-dog attitude, with teammates unwilling to help just to avoid anyone else shining.

Pros

Good people that would like to make a difference

Cons

Senior Leadership does not trust it's employees

August 20, 2021
Thank you for taking time to provide feedback. Inovalon is committed to creating a collaborative and comfortable environment in which associates feel challenged and empowered and that their voices are heard. It is disappointing to hear that this wasn’t the case for you. Behavior such as you described is not tolerated at any level and is contrary to our company’s core values. Thank you for bringing up your concerns. We will make sure to pass along your feedback to our leadership team. We encourage you to provide additional details about your personal experience. Please email us at IndeedFeedback@inovalon.com. Thank you!

Good Flexibility and remote opportunities

I have lots of autonomy in my position. I work remotely which allows flexibility for home life and kids. I love the people I work with and feel my managers have my best interests in mind.

Pros

Can be stressful at times

Cons

Remote, support, autonomy

August 20, 2021
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We appreciate your input and love hearing our employees enjoy their work environment with the flexibility of being remote. We certainly understand that work can be stressful at times and would be open to hearing any recommendations about how to improve our employee experience. Please email us at IndeedFeedback@inovalon.com. Thank you!

My productivity would be greatly improved if you can reach your team manager when you need them.

I love the atmosphere of my job being alone and getting your work done and doing the best job you can do is what excites me it gives me that freedom that's why I like inovalon.

Pros

Loving my short lunch break

Cons

Wanting to get back to work

August 20, 2021
Thank you for sharing your feedback! We do understand your frustration. Inovalon is working hard to make its work environment more collaborative and comfortable, so all our team members feel challenged, empowered, and heard, especially by their manager. We apologize if that was the not the case for you. Of course, we would be happy to relay any specific feedback/recommendations to our leadership team. We encourage you to email us at IndeedFeedback@inovalon.com. Thank you.

flexibility in scheduling and the work itself

i love doing home visits. it is so enjoyable to have 45-60 minutes to chat with members and review their healthcare and experiences. great exams and diagnostic skills are a definite plus. excellent interactions with members and time for the details are rewarding. read the downsides to appreciate the limitations because they can be numerous depending on support staff. this is the second company i have worked for in this specific field.

Pros

flexibility

Cons

some homes are scary, you don’t want to sit or can’t find a place, contact for confirmations of visits can be a real challenge depending on the scheduling staff.

August 20, 2021
We appreciate your feedback on your experience with home visits and how well the exams and diagnostics have worked for you. We want to reassure you that Inovalon has given the highest priority to the safety of our employees. We certainly hear and appreciate your concerns and would be very open to hearing more details and recommendations. Please email us at IndeedFeedback@inovalon.com. Thank you!

Terrible management

I worked for them for five years. I would not recommend this company to anyone. They have a horrible management culture and threaten their workers with layoffs on a regular basis. When I left I had 120 hours of PTO and they cancelled every bit of it and I received nothing after working out a 30 day notice. Run away and don’t think twice!!!

Pros

You can work remotwly

Cons

Poor management, poor benefits

August 20, 2021
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We are very sorry to hear about your dissatisfaction with your experience, especially with the management team. Inovalon strives to provide an environment where all our employees feel valued, respected, and behavior such as you described is not tolerated at any level and is contrary to our company’s core values. We will certainly escalate this feedback to our leadership and make efforts toward improving our employee experience. We would like to know more about this situation and how we can resolve it for you. Please email us at IndeedFeedback@inovalon.com. Thank you!

Stay Away

Good benefits but zero work life balance. Systems outages are the norm; Constant client escalations; Constant layoffs; Non-inclusive workplace; Untrustworthy leadership and management

Pros

Remote

Cons

Salary, zero advancement opportunities, Non-inclusive culture, Bonus is a joke, Technology issues - systems outages are the norm

August 20, 2021
Thank you for taking time to provide feedback. Inovalon is committed to creating a collaborative, comfortable, and inclusive environment in which employees feel challenged, empowered and heard. We are so sorry that your experience with us did not reflect that. Inovalon is working to implement initiatives to encourage employees to unplug during off hours. This kind of shift begins with our managers, so we will also be building in manager training to encourage employees to unplug when they are off the clock. We will be sure to escalate your additional concerns to our leadership team and encourage you to provide additional details and/or recommendations by emailing us at IndeedFeedback@inovalon.com. Thank you!

Think about it

This is a whos your favorite type company and that is how to get promoted. Software is always glitching and they care more about the HP then the clients we are retrieving records from. The whole company needs improvement on customer service not only for customers but employees as well.

Benefits

Cons

Software always glitches

May 6, 2021
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We strive to provide an environment where employees feel they’re valued, treated fairly and respected. We want to learn more about your experience and how we can improve. Please email us at IndeedFeedback@inovalon.com. Thank you!

Depends on your title/connects

It is not the greatest company I've worked for, but also not that bad. Heads are too busy “climbing” in response to the parent to actually lead or develop people, high turnover for 3+ years and no change.

April 20, 2021
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. Inovalon is constantly looking for ways to improve employee training, growth, and development opportunities. We would like to hear more about what training, growth, and development opportunities we could offer to improve the employee experience. Please email us at IndeedFeedback@inovalon.com. Thank you!

I can schedule my own hours. The cons are that since it is per diem I only get paid when members actually show up.

I learn something new each day. The pay is great. I love talking with people about their health and helping to answer questions. I have daily contact with management and mentors if I have any questions.

Pros

Create my own schedule.

Cons

Members who don't show for visits.

April 2, 2021
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. Inovalon’s mission to improve the healthcare of people around the globe is the foundation of our work, and we very much appreciate the role our employees play in driving this impact. If you have any further feedback, please email us at IndeedFeedback@inovalon.com. Thank you!

Run do not walk from this company

Working at Inovalon was one of the worst experiences of my working life in that the culture there was geared toward helping/advancing only a few people with were friends of the CEO. Everyone else was relegated to being servants.

April 2, 2021

Nice place to work

Good schedule , good pay , good management. Overall it’s an easy job. You can move around to different positions and see where you like it better. They have good opportunities to make extra money.

April 1, 2021
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We appreciate your input and enjoy hearing that you’ve had a positive work experience. If you would like to provide more feedback, please email us at IndeedFeedback@inovalon.com. Thank you!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Inovalon. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Women's ratings

1.7Fairygodboss Score

33%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

33%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by  Fairygodboss