Inovalon Employee Reviews

LPN HEDIS Abstractor Nurse (Former Employee) –  MarylandAugust 16, 2018
Good and professional environment. Always supported by my supervisor nurse.
Pros
Good starting salary
Cons
Productive fun place to work at.
Lead TCCR (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 13, 2018
Overall nice culture to work in. Work life balance could be better, along with pay, especially for leadership positions.

Great benefits and vacation time offered.
My thoughts maybe old news.
Helpdesk Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bowie, MDAugust 9, 2018
I don't what is happening at this place since i've been gone for years now. But I know I left as the employee of the month and I was even told maybe employee of the year, and I could come back if I ever wanted too. That said I've tried many times just to see if it was true, it was not. I can't get them to even give me a call back or a email. Inovalon runs because the CEO is a genius when comes to making plans that can make his company money, but his business skills are null like all doctors they hire office managers, but this is not a doctors office but a huge company and its management fails on every level period.
Pros
Day one Vestment
Cons
Nearly any and everything else when I was there
It was good
Customer Service / Corporate Collections (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 8, 2018
I liked it it was good, people were nice and always helpful it was really really really nice I liked it of course. Sorry I had to leave but things hap
Inovalon Overall Working Experience
Office Services Specialist/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Bowie, MDJuly 30, 2018
Typical day to day was fairly enjoyable in both roles as a review specialist and as an office services specialist. The staff was phenomenal and I really enjoyed working there and growing within the company!
Great
Site Data Collector (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 25, 2018
I travel a lot to know different clinical and hospital in to meet people. Great way to learn how to maintain work by yourself. A great eniovrement to travel around the boro.
Not to bad
Site Data Collector (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 25, 2018
inovalon would be a great company if they would give you more hours to work ive been with the company since 2015 and ive had more down time then work hours.
Cons
not enough work hours
Worst company
Sr. Software Development Engineer (Former Employee) –  Bowie, MDJuly 25, 2018
Worst company to work for
Too many meetings everyday more than time to work
Pay is better
Coworkers are good but not the management
Management vision is poor
Pros
Pay, Coworkers
Cons
Everything else
Poor management of people
Associate (Former Employee) –  Bowie, MDJuly 19, 2018
Company lacks commitment to employees, and does not invest in recognition, retention, culture or engagement.

Management roles are increasingly filled by individuals with little to no business acumen.
Cons
Tribal work environment
Good
Full Stack Software Engineer, MD (Current Employee) –  Bowie, MDJuly 2, 2018
As a product based company as every company i have seen up and down in the company.I had a good experience and learn new technologies and work environment is good
One of the worst jobs ever
RN-Call Center Nurse (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 1, 2018
At this job, calls are dropped into you from people who are angry because the dialer calls them way too frequently. The dialer does not bring the member up onto your computer, so you need to search for them while you recite the same scripted words to each and every person. A monkey could do the job, really. You recite the script, check the boxes, and move onto the next angry member. Breaks are strictly timed. I was literally followed into the restroom by a manager because it was not my allotted break time (I had a bloody nose, and I thought that could be an exception). I would rather clean public bathrooms then work here ever again.
Pros
pay, HR events
Cons
extreme micromanagement
Never join this company
Product Manager - Analytical Solutions (Current Employee) –  Bowie, MDJuly 1, 2018
Constant Layoffs and Favoritism. Talent is never appreciated and abuse of international workers in the name of sponsorships. Stay away! Most inexperienced people take senior positions because of their relationship with managers.
Work ethics are non existent. No investment on proper infrastructure. Products are a big failure and constantly losing clients. HR team is a big joke. Only thing they could do is to hire and fire people
Pros
Cons
Everything!
Remote work
Site Review Consultant (Former Employee) –  Maryland,bowieJune 29, 2018
Enjoyed the work immensely because of the flexibility. The pay was great for me and would have love to still be there, but they downsized. one of few company that you did not have to be certified.
Pros
flexible work schedule
Cons
no job security
Horrible Management and instability
Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Bowie, MDJune 25, 2018
worst company I have ever worked with with no focus and direction. The environment is always tensed due to consistent lay offs. No room for growth. Management consistently lie to staffs about false direction and agenda.
Fast Pace
CPC HCC Coder (Current Employee) –  Bowie, MDJune 25, 2018
You can work on many different Projects during the day.

Maintain exceptional records to code and audit HCC risk assessments / ICD-10 per CMS guidelines. Review charts to abstract all diagnosis alongside chronic and acute disease conditions from patient files to verify correct coding for procedures and diagnostic services. Perform Clinical Risk Grouping (CRG).
Pros
Paid time off
Cons
I don't know of one
Toxic backstabbing management
Director (Current Employee) –  Bowie, MDJune 12, 2018
Stay away from this toxic environment where senior managers will fire you for disagreements on direction and deliverables.

There is no direction, Executive leadership is lost, no accountability.

Beware!
Pros
Cons
You name it!
No Security
Site Review Nurse Consultant (Former Employee) –  Shrewsbury, PAJune 9, 2018
Initially I loved this job. Unfortunately, the job description changed with no warning. The just months later, mass layoffs occurring. Unexpected with out warning layoffs. No benefits.
Easy but dull
Remote Coding Specialist (Current Employee) –  RemoteJune 7, 2018
Sit at home reading medical records all day, its mind numbing at times. Easy work but hard to advance, hard to get a benefit position they keep you as needed but under hours required for benefits.
Pros
Easy, work from home
Cons
Low advancement chances
Routine Job Shakey Atomosphere
Call Center/Review Specialist (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MDJune 1, 2018
I loved my supervisor at Inovalon and my team in the call center however, upper management above her are people I feel I can't trust or communicate with.
Great for remote working
Site Review Consultant (Former Employee) –  Bowie, MDMay 31, 2018
They improved their processes for availability of work, to be consistent and my boss was very helpful and friendly. When I had to leave the job, she understood my reason and was very accomodating.
Pros
Remote position
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Inovalon. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

Powered by Fairygodboss

1.5Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

0%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.