Inovalon

Inovalon Employee Reviews for Data Collector

The flexibility
Inovalon was a good company to work for and the hours were great. I liked that I was able to make my own schedule in a sense. I would work for them again
Pros
The hours
Cons
No work for weeks
Little influence in business for the local area
This company does not seem to have a footprint in the healthcare industry in this area. There were serious malfunctions in its software programs and training is easy.
Pros
remote work
Cons
no current business in area
independent
this company is fully remote and allows for total independence. there are only supervisor but employees are totally responsible for their own productivity.
Great learning job. Able to work very independently
Good company to work for. Wish it was not a temp job but I learned a lot and enjoyed the day to day freedom. Good for meeting new people. Also enjoyed the time working remote.
Pros
Flexibilty
Cons
Temp work
Just a stepping stone.
As a long time employe, I had enough time to observe, listen, and evaluate this company as part of the field staff. A stepping stone is what comes to mind if one decides to work for this company. Nothing more. Work and hours are NOT for those looking to make a decent and steady living. And that's a reality. These 5 star reviews are truly mind-boggling to those of us who actually worked the field. Which begs the question: Who's writing these 5 star reviews? Newbies? Management? Or both?
Job seekers rely on your experience.
Easy work
If you want to learn various EMR/EHR systems.. great.
However, working for them is on a desperate need basis... and that's if you don't go months without an assignment..
Pros
Opportunity to learn new EMR/EHR Systems
Cons
You will likely go MONTHS without an assignment.. hence.. no pay.
Great Company
Great company good support network. Company readily supplied all necessary tools and technology needed to complete all task. Very enjoyable work good balance.
Site coordination
Most sites were not prepared for me which made my job harder and longer. Not enough sites for work . That’s all I have to say about this company. And I would never recommend this company as an employer.
Pros
Travel
Cons
Unpreparedness
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Inovalon?
I am not located in the company headquarters which is in Bowie, MD
I work remotely. My contact with supervisors, etc is through emails and phone calls. I enjoy meeting the staff at the various physician's offices I visit.
N/a
Very slow and you can go for weeks without working mgmt pretends as though they care but because there are shareholders running the show the mgmt team does not care at all
Great
I travel a lot to know different clinical and hospital in to meet people. Great way to learn how to maintain work by yourself. A great eniovrement to travel around the boro.
Not to bad
inovalon would be a great company if they would give you more hours to work ive been with the company since 2015 and ive had more down time then work hours.
Cons
not enough work hours
Each day is a new learning advancing experience
Travel to site, retrieve medical records, upload efficiently using a variety of built in software programs, ( most you learn hands on that day). It requires patience, integrity and a genuine attitude.
Pros
Great Networking experience
Cons
The assignments are always different so it requires a lot of mental capacity.
good
good, I worked from home temp work but looks really good on any resume. the job was enjoyable. no bosses on your neck. I am not sure how it is to work in a office.
Pros
na
Cons
na
Ehhhhh
I was warned before taking this job that the hours weren’t guaranteed but I thought I’d at LEAST be able to work a couple days a week. It’s already my 3rd day into the work week and still no work. Maybe next week will be better. I’m just not sure how anyone can survive off of this type of job expecting to pay their bills.
Pros
Training is very informative! They give you all the equipment right away!
Cons
Waiting for work to come through hoping it does.
Great job if you don't need a full time job
I loved working for Inovalon. It really was an easy, laid back job that was flexible with hours and enjoyable as it was different locations. But I was told I was guaranteed work, not always full time hours but there was always work. That wasn't true. I started in February, worked 2 days in March and 2 days in April. Didn't have any work until end of June, beginning of July. It was great as I was planning my wedding but I had to file for partial unemployment just to make ends meet. If I could get even a guaranteed 24 hours a week with them, I would go back in a heartbeat. It's not a job for someone who actually needs money.
Pros
Flexible hours, new locations
Cons
Lack of hours
New Employee
Great company if your as long as your not looking to make a career from it. I can't speak for Corporate employees. I a new employee so I'm still learning required task.
Pros
good experience
Cons
Lack of hours
Site Data Collector
Pay was good but they didn't schedule many hours during the week even though your contract states Full-time. The job is easy, you receive info on the providers you must visit, get to the facility and scan medical records. Then at the end of the day, you upload what you scan into their network.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Not enough hours, rules change constantly, not a job you could support yourself with
Very slow paced
This job was ok but lacks in giving their employees more hours. I was a full time employee but only received an average of 2-10 hours per week. this job also doesn't provide healthcare benefits or dental.
Pros
provides equipment needed to handle job like laptop, scanner, and luggage to carry it all
Cons
hardly any hours given to work
Inovalon
If projects were more constantly paced it's a great company to work. Although is has no benefits the job is very well compensate it. Also is competitive because you learn and keep training all the time.
Pros
salary
Cons
no benefits at all
A good contract job
This was a good position to get your foot in the door in the medical field. I was hired as a contract so when the contract was up, I was not getting any more work. I thoroughly enjoyed my contract work because I was never at a site for more than a day unless there was a lot to get done then it would be a few days at most. There was a lot of driving to different places and a lot of different smiley faces every day. It was a different view being on the other side of the table and getting to see how people view auditors. I know why clinics dislike auditing season now because we take a lot of their time and resources to complete our jobs. I learned a lot with this contract job and I am grateful for the experience and chance to prove myself out there as an responsible and independent professional.
Pros
Flexible scheduling, Different work place everyday with different people, Variety of clinics
Cons
Contract position
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Inovalon. Our community is ready to answer.
2.4
Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP40%
In the Top 40% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Inovalon.