Inovalon
56Below average

Inovalon Culture reviews

I feel isolated working remotely
I crave a team atmosphere and human interaction which is non-existent working remotely. I have minimal interaction with my lead and I perceive most interactions negatively because the interactions are so limited. Pay and benefits are competitive. Working remotely provides significant time with my family.
Please do not waist your time
I have never met or worked with a group of such up professional folks. The culture is awful, unsafe and filled with defiant, and a very untrustworthy “Leadership” group.if your out of high school and need a gig or maybe first job sure. Above that , this staff is unable to maturely address in a professional platform
Good work, bad culture
Quality of work is good. Many opportunities to learn different skills. Company culture is bad. Management is stagnant and there aren't growth opportunities. Layoffs are very common.
Enter at your own risk!!!
SALES! Just smile, dial, rebut refusals of visits by members. If a member doesn't want a visit, you have to give rebuttals to convince him to have it.
Pros
Nice pay, benefits
Cons
Culture, poor management, stressful, poor employee morale, excessively high turn over rate
Diffcult company culture, no diversity in leadership, little work life balance.
Trust what you read online; very difficult company culture and little work life balance. Great location in Prince George's County. No diversity in senior management.
Pros
Great location in Prince George's County.
Cons
Difficult company culture.
Care to share?
Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.
Inovalon
Overall, Inovalon was good for work experience. But the culture and the managing is in great need of great improvement. There were many areas where they fell short to uphold the policies that they held so strongly against others. That lead to many people losing their jobs.
Good Leadership
Inovalon is a great place to work. Leadership is supportive. Everyone contributes to improving work processes that support our clients and the employees.
Pros
Supportive leadership
Working at Inovalon
Inovalon is a great company. I started in 2012 at the Columbia MD office. After several promotions and position changes I was asked to relocate to Tennessee to help get my department up and functioning. The new office that recently started up in Nashville is constantly growing and the turnover rate is higher than t have ever seen with the new management that is less that desirable. The lack of consideration for employees and lack of communication along with various other concerns has cause a riff in the culture
HR not secure - loose lips
In Phoenix HR shared my salary with a few big mouth associates & they spread it around the office.
Very clickish culture. Pot luck day was a disaster, most people didn't bring food but ate first.
Pros
Met some great people
Cons
Boring call center environment
awesome place
this was a remote position great people with good work ethic and a loving personality. i had a great experience working with this awesome team of people.
Positive work environment
Although certain parts of the year could be quite hectic I really enjoyed my time with Inovalon. My team was very supportive and my lead was absolutely amazing as a person and supervisor.
Pros
Great culture
Cons
Publicly traded company and office was subject to shareholder decisions.
Good opportunity for advancement.
The culture of education in the position was very strong. I worked ten hour days in the office. I worked out of state four days a week. The commute was the hardest part of the position. I am currently available to travel for my next position or work from a virtual office, if possible.
Pros
Excellent company forums to learn about the industry.
Cons
Travel time to location.
Great team members.
The hours worked well for me. My supervisor and team members were great to work with. No advancement opportunities and the pay isn't that great. It's a great job for college students.
Benefits when met goals
I worked at Inovalon for almost 8 years. When I started by in 2009 it was a growing company and management was growing with you. It was the best company to work for. Within the first 90 days of working there they put me in three different departments to help out. I loved my job.

Then in 2011 they started to grow fast so we out grew our department and needed more space so they moved the Call Center and Operations to Annapolis MD. We were rolling as a company. We became even bigger and out grew Annapolis and in 2013 they moved us to Columbia MD where they currently are. I truly loved what I did that I became the number one person in goals and sales. I set goals for myself to keep the job interesting to me. I would out do my goals so management thought it would be more competitive if they put me against the rest of the customer service reps. So they had to beat my numbers and if they did they will get an incentive. It was fun at first then some ladies started to take it personal when they put the numbers up on the board for everyone to see. I was and remained the highest person in sales.

Then the downfall began. Inovalon went public in 2014 and the stocks were doing well for a year, then they dropped.
When the stocks dropped the company began laying people off. They started from the top and made there way on down to my department and in 2016 when I was due an increase in pay because I had outgrew my salary cap I was let go. They said because the company wasn't doing well. I was upset and hurt but understood. I gave that company all of me. I was the first person at work - more...
Pros
Lunches and incentives
Cons
Managmet was not on one accord
Hectic management style, comp not in line with work effort
This is a good place to learn and an interesting industry. Many leaders are impressive thinkers and have a lot of drive. Middle management suffers from excessive focus on sales higher up and needs more support so they can both manage work and provide adequate leadership. Hours can be ridiculous and would be more acceptable if compensation were in line with expectations. There is risk in some roles that leadership will ask for a lot but fail to acknowledge that some talent isn't being developed well or isn't easy to identify because of various issues (lack of support, lack of expertise, lack of focus, disorganization) in the middle.
Pros
Entrepreneurial culture
Cons
Work life balance
great
love working for Inovalon. The culture, the benefits, the management and perks are all fantastic. Unfortunately the pay for my role is not even close to enough for the workload and for the cost of living in the area. I'll either need to transfer to a department that I don't love, or to a different company so that I can afford to live here.
In flux
The company appears to have a high turnover of employees due to resignations and rotation of positions and layoffs. They are good at what they do with data analytics but the culture and work environment are not the most pleasant to work in.
I really loved it
This is by far the best job I've ever had. Management is flexible and understanding, training is always first and they encourage questions and feedback. For me it's been wonderful.
Pros
Cons
I wish the dress was more casual
Beware
Check out the Glassdoor Reviews.There's not much positive to say. There's quarterly layoffs and mass exodus. Typical day is
unstructured. Upper management changes direction frequently.
The culture is toxic
Pros
Mall across the street
Cons
Read above then, infer for yourself
Productive fun place to work at.
Overall nice culture to work in. Work life balance could be better, along with pay, especially for leadership positions.

Great benefits and vacation time offered.
It was good
I liked it it was good, people were nice and always helpful it was really really really nice I liked it of course. Sorry I had to leave but things hap
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Inovalon. Our community is ready to answer.
2.4
Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP40%
In the Top 40% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Inovalon.