Inovalon

Inovalon Employee Reviews

Ok place to work
Management needs to be improved. I had worked in there not long and left because the long commute. Employee work schedule was not flexible. Some work process was not established.
A very good company to work for
A good work life balance. I must say Inovalon had constant changes and they were for the better of the company and the employees.

Updated facility, new systems and when I was there remote opportunities was available.
poor management
this company does not treat their employees right at all and no job security at all they lie and say your job was seasonal but it never was they find petty reasons to let people go let everybody that got hired with us go with no notice.
Emr
Nice place to work. You are able to grow with the company. And to bye on stocks. One you get your 90 days in you get you 20 days of time off and your benefits
You can not support yourself on this income as a medical records scanner
The hours are very sporadic, but the job has great management. Requires you to travel and use your own vehicle. But pays a decent rate per mile. I felt I was just misled by the recruiter before getting hired when it comes to how many hours you will work in a week. I was told a minimum of 24 hours a week.
Job seekers rely on your experience.
Working at Inovalon
Inovalon is a great company. I started in 2012 at the Columbia MD office. After several promotions and position changes I was asked to relocate to Tennessee to help get my department up and functioning. The new office that recently started up in Nashville is constantly growing and the turnover rate is higher than t have ever seen with the new management that is less that desirable. The lack of consideration for employees and lack of communication along with various other concerns has cause a riff in the culture
Just a stepping stone.
As a long time employe, I had enough time to observe, listen, and evaluate this company as part of the field staff. A stepping stone is what comes to mind if one decides to work for this company. Nothing more. Work and hours are NOT for those looking to make a decent and steady living. And that's a reality. These 5 star reviews are truly mind-boggling to those of us who actually worked the field. Which begs the question: Who's writing these 5 star reviews? Newbies? Management? Or both?
too bad company went public
this was a great company to work for until they went public in 2012. Once the suits came in, layoffs became an annual thing. Morale went straight into the toilet. I got a great start but company stalled out on development of staff. Things would have been better for many had the company stayed privately owned!
HR not secure - loose lips
In Phoenix HR shared my salary with a few big mouth associates & they spread it around the office.
Very clickish culture. Pot luck day was a disaster, most people didn't bring food but ate first.
Pros
Met some great people
Cons
Boring call center environment
Decent pay. Not enough communication.
No communication between departments, supervisors, employees. No one was on the same page. Upper management did not know what the other hand was doing.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
No communication between staff and employees.
Be on time
I was employed as a MRR , great environment work environment and Ms.Horton is a wonderful supervisor. Can do better on training but the pay was great if you ask me , my advice is to BE ON TIME !
Pros
offer OT, very reasonable once hired directly as far as family matters
Cons
30 min lunch, dress code sometiming depending on who you are lol
I love the people and the support, to long between jobs though
The people are great there, my boss is wonderful, and the IT department is great though you have a long wait sometimes, the only thing with them was the time inbetween jobs was annoying but when you had the jobs they are great.
Terrible company
Stay far far away from this unorganized lousy paying company. Trust me the company could care less about its employees it's all about the numbers... I have worked for them for 6 years and the raise if u get one may be 25 cents. It's a joke honestly.
Run its sales!!
OMG its sales run for the hills and dont stop I hear the pay is $2 more than when I was there still same MESS different company not under complex care any longer.. They micromanage if u have to use the bathroom more than others and if you dont meet your goal used to be min of 20visits a day and trust me people it can be tough due to the fact that you call through a 3rd party and the elderly dont ever believe your legit through their health insurance! Just think about it...
Pros
Cons
Everything else...
awesome place
this was a remote position great people with good work ethic and a loving personality. i had a great experience working with this awesome team of people.
Easy work
If you want to learn various EMR/EHR systems.. great.
However, working for them is on a desperate need basis... and that's if you don't go months without an assignment..
Pros
Opportunity to learn new EMR/EHR Systems
Cons
You will likely go MONTHS without an assignment.. hence.. no pay.
Positive work environment
Although certain parts of the year could be quite hectic I really enjoyed my time with Inovalon. My team was very supportive and my lead was absolutely amazing as a person and supervisor.
Pros
Great culture
Cons
Publicly traded company and office was subject to shareholder decisions.
no longer in Lansing
Great company to work for but no longer in Lansing area. Fair pay and fair to their employees. Sad to see them leave the Lansing area. Hope they return to the area.
Please read...
You're not competing with yourself to do better; you're competing with co-workers that your supervisor favors over you, while they get away with doing half of what they expect you to do. And they get paid more. Human Resources wants nothing to do with professional conflict and they ignore issues you have; headquarters sent a coporate trainer to train a new class, and she spent more time on her phone than training the class, making the class train themselves. Supervisors implement an impossible quota and will degrade and demean you if you don't make it, on your first week. That $16/hr, $18/hr sounds great, doesn't it? Well, all that glitters isn't gold.
Pros
Being offered $16/hr
Cons
Management, Human Resources
it was a good learning example
it was a good learning example -that was it there was too little work to be had either remotely or in person peripheral staff was very kind and nice to me
I really appreciate the opportunities afforded by Inovalon
Good place to work. I learned a lot while working for Inovalon. Managers/supervisors were eager to coach and help coders be their best. Work/life balance was very important.
Pros
Good working relationships/ communication.
Cons
Low pay, not much opportunity to advance
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Inovalon. Our community is ready to answer.
2.4
InHerSight Score
2.4Personal Development
2.6Career Opportunities
2.7Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight