Inovalon

Inovalon Employee Reviews

Ok place to work
Management needs to be improved. I had worked in there not long and left because the long commute. Employee work schedule was not flexible. Some work process was not established.
Lots of work but minimal resources
Overall, co-workers and managers are friendly but the executive leadership takes a lot of huge risks. There is no slowdown during development. Executive leadership seems to not pay attention closely to the development teams.
competitive
unorganized from start to finish. Training received was not consistant with job functions. New rules very often and made to follow without instructions.
Inovalon Review
Worked remotely as Review Consultant Coder.

Administered HCC, CRG, CDPS, HEDIS patients charts reviews

1. Conduct chart reviews for purposes of identifying, confirming, and/or documenting appropriate medical coding.

2. Perform quality control over-read reviews of previously completed record reviews to ensure accuracy, completeness, and overall high quality of Inovalon’s record review processes.

3. Perform on-site reviews for purposes of obtaining medical records, and perform an initial chart review as needed.

Also enjoyed to work remotely for them.
Constant turn overs
I work for this organization for a few years the management team is very egotistic will not allow you to advance even after applying for at least five other positions with the organization not only myself but other coworkers if you were not good friends with the supervisor or office manager you had no chance of advancing constant overturns each year constant moving of your desk without valid reasons just moving people around shuffling people around with no assistance in career advancements always demanding input in meetings then holding your concerns against you and reprimanding you for speaking up mostly a toxic environment if it wasn't for other employees that you have befriended that gets you through you tolerate the work and the environment for a steady job only a select few mostly team leads were allowed bonuses in secret While others hope each year to get a piece of the bonus that management receives after promising a bonus for everyone I would not recommend this company they have closed several of their offices in Maryland leaving there corporate office in Bowie Maryland
Pros
If you're a coder you can work from home
Cons
Terminates groups of employees without notice or Reason
Your experience matters.
Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.
Mrr
This is nothing but a bunch children in adult bodies. A total and complete High School mentality, with absolutely no advancement unless you are learning another department. Even so, there will be no ramp up in pay you will just have more of a task load with the same pay.
STAY AWAY.
It was an amazing company to work for.
I enjoyed my time at Inovalon. Unfortunately being a publicly traded company, the share holders voted to close our location. My years at Inovalon were among the happiest in my life.
Great team members.
The hours worked well for me. My supervisor and team members were great to work with. No advancement opportunities and the pay isn't that great. It's a great job for college students.
Solid company
The time that I was there it was a pleasant work environment. Employees were nice and manager's were fair. I would go back if a position became available.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks
Benefits when met goals
I worked at Inovalon for almost 8 years. When I started by in 2009 it was a growing company and management was growing with you. It was the best company to work for. Within the first 90 days of working there they put me in three different departments to help out. I loved my job.

Then in 2011 they started to grow fast so we out grew our department and needed more space so they moved the Call Center and Operations to Annapolis MD. We were rolling as a company. We became even bigger and out grew Annapolis and in 2013 they moved us to Columbia MD where they currently are. I truly loved what I did that I became the number one person in goals and sales. I set goals for myself to keep the job interesting to me. I would out do my goals so management thought it would be more competitive if they put me against the rest of the customer service reps. So they had to beat my numbers and if they did they will get an incentive. It was fun at first then some ladies started to take it personal when they put the numbers up on the board for everyone to see. I was and remained the highest person in sales.

Then the downfall began. Inovalon went public in 2014 and the stocks were doing well for a year, then they dropped. When the stocks dropped the company began laying people off. They started from the top and made there way on down to my department and in 2016 when I was due an increase in pay because I had outgrew my salary cap I was let go. They said because the company wasn't doing well. I was upset and hurt but understood. I gave that company all of me. I was the first person at work
 - more...
Pros
Lunches and incentives
Cons
Managmet was not on one accord
First couple years were great
After a couple of years of employment I realized that the promise of growth was a lie. Also after years of hard working and loyalty we received under 16 cents in raises each year. Then new management came in and it went downhill as far as work environment.
Pros
Easy relaxing atmosphere with great benefits
Cons
Poor management and penny raises
Hectic management style, comp not in line with work effort
This is a good place to learn and an interesting industry. Many leaders are impressive thinkers and have a lot of drive. Middle management suffers from excessive focus on sales higher up and needs more support so they can both manage work and provide adequate leadership. Hours can be ridiculous and would be more acceptable if compensation were in line with expectations. There is risk in some roles that leadership will ask for a lot but fail to acknowledge that some talent isn't being developed well or isn't easy to identify because of various issues (lack of support, lack of expertise, lack of focus, disorganization) in the middle.
Pros
Entrepreneurial culture
Cons
Work life balance
Great Company
Great company good support network. Company readily supplied all necessary tools and technology needed to complete all task. Very enjoyable work good balance.
its nice to work at home
Where do you start training is not good. its like they hate you asking questions. they had test every week about the same things some times, but i did learn HCC cosing
Pros
work at home
company
The day started getting the company laptop and scanner together with other miscellaneous. I couldn't forget the scanner as this is the way in which the company has evidence from the documents reviewed. I said good morning, presented myself and explained to personnel in charge of patient's record that I would be evaluating each records as required by insurances to comply with Medicaid and Medicare parameters. I gave the person in charge a document to sing which briefly explained the procedures to do during my visit and to guarantee H.I.P.A.A. regulations. After that I Started reviewing each record for diagnosis analysis and codification. I learned to group diagnosis and injuries in group according with established criteria. I work independently from the personnel who belongs to the place I visit to make the review or together with the personnel in charge of records management to guarantee the fidelity of process. The hardest part of the process is I have to be sure all diseases and injures are capture and coded. The most enjoyable part of the job was that I like the research process of challenging myself in being consistent and had a pericial judgement according with what insurances and providers would expect.
Pros
Working independently with pericial jujedment
Cons
A supervisor was not always present when more than one reviewer were working together.
work on your own
Basically all on your own, may be able to ask for help....usually in 24 hours they will get back to you.
Must be able to review all guidance, information via web and TAKE NOTES...they don't have all the necessary information written down. Very tough on time management (even if you are looking things up for verification purposes)
Pros
at home
Cons
trying to get guidance
Good job for beginners
Nice job over all. Co workers are great, Management leaves a lot to be desired. no overtime at at all, if by any change you log one minute of OT, you have to leave early one minute next day.
Pros
set schedule
Cons
set schedule
Do not work here
There is a promise of career advancement, but there never will be. Your merit and annual raise is 12-25 cents. Pay is $15-16.25 an hour. Salaries don’t get any higher than that. Very poor management. The OM likes to play favorites. Employees within dress code are dress coded while the managers are not held to the same standard. If you do work here, look for another job ASAP.
Pros
Occasional snacks, easy work
Cons
Low pay, no career advancement, high school clicks
Site coordination
Most sites were not prepared for me which made my job harder and longer. Not enough sites for work . That’s all I have to say about this company. And I would never recommend this company as an employer.
Pros
Travel
Cons
Unpreparedness
No Career advancement. Bad management.
Spent 4 years at Inovalon was promised multiple avenues to advance and when job opportunities opened they were given to outside sources every single time. Work environment is relax not hard work only repetitive. Management is constantly changing and it seems like theres no consistent structure at Inovalon. Don't expect opportunity or great pay at Inovalon.
Pros
easy work and tasks
Cons
bad management no advancement unreliable work environment
Working and Personal life
Not a bad place to work exclude some bad people around you. Other than that pretty good place, chances to learn and personal development. Good work and life balance
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Inovalon. Our community is ready to answer.
2.4
InHerSight Score
2.4Personal Development
2.6Career Opportunities
2.7Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight