Insight Editions

Insight Editions Employee Reviews

Wish it had been what was initially presented
Expectations of position were never shared therefore, how am I to succeed? I truly don't want to say anymore but there are a number of long-term employees very unsatisfied and looking elsewhere.
Pros
Downtown San Rafael
Great Content
Great working with so many different titles. Though, because of all the different titles, licencors and collaborators, you do not get to spend as much time as needed on each project.
Pros
Great people to work with and all the different titles
Cons
Don't get to spend as much time as you would like on each project to insure the highest of quality
Cool Company, Wrong Department
I enjoyed my time at Insight Editions, but I definitely feel that I was in the wrong department. If I had been in the right department, I would have been a lot more enthusiastic about coming to work. Some days were extremely slow, but I'm glad for the experience.
Run!
Was brought on to help run production and product development. I was like so many attacted by some of the business partners. It quickly revealed its self to be one nightmare after another. Constant struggle to pay bills and staff. One embaressment after another from management. Was constantly set up to be embaressed and fail. Most of the staff is beaten down and depressed. Was not paid what my contract was for. This experience still haunts me and caused major damage to my career and self. Do not understand why these monsters are still in business.
Pros
Cons
almost everything
No pros / If you want opportunities in your career, this isn't one!
When I first interviewed with Insight Editions, I was very excited and felt special to even get an interview.
After my first interview and a job offer, I started to read a lot of the bad review on the internet. Even though the reviews were terrible, I decided to give a chance to this company.

At first, the pop culture and big clients such as Warner Bros or Blizzard is very impressive and rewarding but it fades away very quickly.

The only thing you are left with are an overwhelming environment, being underpaid and overworked, follow the leads of a terrible management and work culture.

Some people in the company are really cool and deserve so much more than this, I am almost wondering why they are still working there. This company makes money and clearly under value their employees who are making it for them.

They work so hard for nothing in return.

If you want to grow in your career, don't take a job there.

They hire people so easily and the turn around is gigantic.

I have been working there for almost a year and at least 20 peoples left since I arrived. It is very sad.
Pros
Cons
Overworked/underpaid/Stressful/terrible company culture
Leave a review. Help people like you.
Great projects - terrible environment
If it weren't for the cool projects (getting to work with licensors like Disney and Marvel on really exciting, out-of-the-box books), I would have quit a long time ago.
Good daily work flow, no nonsense from upper management, everyone had a n important role.
Work in the office packing and receiving packages. Help move or organize another workers workspace, Soon after receiving pallet shipments and consolidating warehouse space with new and old shipments. Inventory all new packages and incorporate all inventory into one list. Lunch, Consolidate reorganize space and help upper management on moving accessories over 65 pounds, to putting desks to together.
I had learned how a fast book company needs are when supply is in demand and when it is not, fast shipments can create disorganized inventory numbers, teaching me a fast and very well organized way to record all shipments, Consolidating and organizing space when warehouse is already backed up due to slow pace. Management had me do some accounting work for a day so they always kept me on my feet and that was always good kept me motivated. Co-workers were all mature and always at work, But always found a way to say hello. The hardest part of the job was the commute Napa to San Rafael. Most enjoyable part of my job in operations was the independence they had given me, and showing them the leadership in I.

Pros
Crossfit two days a week, Working with very successful and mature people, independance, leadership
Cons
Commute was a setback
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Insight Editions. Our community is ready to answer.
2.7
InHerSight Score
2.8Personal Development
2.6Career Opportunities
2.4Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Insight Editions Reviews by Location