Insight Enterprises, Inc. Employee Reviews

Featured review
Insight Enterprises, Inc. selected this as a representative review
Love it
Channel Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 19, 2018
Love this place! Its a great position to learn and grow. the culture is structured to help you learn and share that knowledge with others. Insight helps bring the best out of everyone.
Growing Fortune 500 Tech Company With Good Potential
MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Conway, ARFebruary 13, 2019
Insight is a company with lots of potential and a very competent group of senior leaders from the Senior VP's to the President to the CEO and on to the Board of Directors. Employee benefits have improved each of the past three years, and there are lots of promising plans in place. The biggest challenge for Insight at this point is building out the internal functions required to really advance in the Fortune 500. The HR function for example is staffed with really talented and caring people, but there just aren't enough of them to go around to take care of the day to day and execute on bigger initiatives at the same time. The other challenge is in the mid-management levels where there are too many office politics at play.
Pros
Stability, partner events
Cons
Limited career opportunities in certain locations
Nice place to work
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 12, 2019
Nice place to work but I feel they focused on the client more than the employees. Manager wouldn't speak to the employees unless they were spoken to first.
They gave me the shaft
Shopping Consultant (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZFebruary 11, 2019
Run away. They say one thing, sometimes in writing, but then they back out and don't deliver. They won't deliver on their promises. Very confusing instructions.
Porductive
Web Administrator - VIP TEAM (Current Employee) –  Addison, ILFebruary 8, 2019
very professional and friendly workplace culture. very structured management. company has a lot of opportunity to learn and advance your self.
Pros
lunch and learns
Insight Partner Champion
PARTNER CHAMPION (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZFebruary 4, 2019
The company as a whole is great and a great jump off point. Unfortunately, once they have you in, you're kind of stuck.Once you're in with the company, if you advance in your career, the compensation doesn't go up very much. If they wanted to retain people for longer, they would pay them accordingly. Too many people go outside of the company because they want the higher pay.
Pros
Great jump off point! Great experience earning job.
Cons
Pay is low after your initial salary.
Great Environment and Great Co-Workers
Sales Solutions Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 29, 2019
Nice place. Very nice staff and great communication between peers. Honestly one of the best jobs I have ever had. For the most part, I would recommend it to anyone.
Solid Company
Del Monte Foods Help Desk Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJanuary 28, 2019
Insight is a good company and a great place to get a start to your career. Excellent perks, decent pay, and a nice working environment. I was not on the sales side of the organization as i working in IT supporting the vendor's.
Project Coordinator
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJanuary 3, 2019
Insight was a awesome job experience, Here I met life long friends, and a PM that was really serious about teaching me the ropes. Insight was very work life balance. I would go back and work for this employer anytime.
Pros
Work life balance, remote work available
Enjoying the Ride
Service Desk Representative (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXJanuary 3, 2019
Great place to work. Like any Service Center you will deal with constant change, but management does a lot to make you feel comfortable. The management structure is really the best part of the job. They really do all they can to ensure you succeed.
Fun workplace, productive
Project Manager/SSAT Engineer (Former Employee) –  Bloomingdale, ILJanuary 2, 2019
Coordinate installation of new system. Maintained project and program portals. Answered all in-bound calls. Performed breaks/fix remotely. Assisted project managers with the adherence and documentation of process and procedures. Conducted site survey of client location to assess condition and needs of current point of sale equipment and software version.
Pros
Great place to work.
Cons
Contracted
Fun workplace
Quality Assurance Technician (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 19, 2018
Insight was the first job that I had in my field of work. I enjoyed working with my team. My supervisor was laid back and made the work load look easy.
productive and diverse workplace
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Hanover Park, ILNovember 29, 2018
Very productive and diverse workplace. They give 10% to all full employees who purchased company products. They also pay 15% on your cell phone bill. Cross- training is another good thing done at insight Enterprises. Vertical management system at Insight Enterprises create some discontent between management and employees.
Pros
very productive and diverse workplace.
Cons
vertical management system there create discontent
Productive a fun place to work
Command Center Technician for FOX (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZNovember 28, 2018
I absolutely loved working for insight. The people there were all smart and I learned a lot working there. Would work there again. The atmosphere was great
Pros
Great team and Management
Cons
Was a contract job
Insight Enterprises Inc
Financial Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZNovember 27, 2018
My position is fast paced and requires the ability to work under extreme amounts of pressure from management. Management seems to be more interested how and what you do benefits them.
Good company to work for.
Technical support (Former Employee) –  Cranbury, NJNovember 26, 2018
Good company, good pay good raises, vacation days. Good work environment. The locations were I worked were good for me.
The management worked hard to get the contracts from the company that we were working on.
Pros
Cons
work only with conteacts
Regular office atmosphere
Desktop Support Specialist Tier II (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALNovember 25, 2018
Support and maintain in-house computer systems, desktops, and peripherals. This includes installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining, and upgrading all hardware and equipment while ensuring optimal workstation performance. Troubleshoot problem areas in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide end user training and assistance where required
smooth days on the phones
Service Desk Analyst (Current Employee) –  Plano, TX 75075November 11, 2018
taking calls during the day is little busy, installing printer, software, troubleshooting hardware and software problems.coworkers get along with each other.the hardest part of the job is when things break.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
health
Fun
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 10, 2018
Simply put, if you're going to choose a place to put in 40-50-60 hours per week, Insight's a pretty good place to do it. Culture is fun, there's a lot to learn, and everyone is very collaborative.
a great working experience
Manager of the SeaTac Hilton Hotel (Current Employee) –  washington stateOctober 27, 2018
Insight was my own company and it was a great experience.
I designed and managed the construction of residential buildings.
I also helped build some some of the projects.
Stressful environment
Senior Service Desk Representative (Former Employee) –  Hanover Park, ILOctober 24, 2018
After working there for 9 years, I can tell you that if you are on the IT Service Des there, you have little to no opportunity for advancement. The merit raise program is very poor even if you are a top performer, you are lucky to get a 1.5% pay increase. Starting pay is on the very low end of the spectrum, but the benefits are very good with 401k, good insurance, life, vision and dental included. THey also have a good PTO system.

All in all, they were ok, but I probably should have left and sought advancement sooner in my career.
Pros
free lunch on occaision
Cons
pay, extremely high volume of work, poor training, poor raise, no opportunity for advancement.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Insight Enterprises, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight