Insight Enterprises, Inc. Employee Reviews

Productive a fun place to work
Command Center Technician for FOX (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZNovember 28, 2018
I absolutely loved working for insight. The people there were all smart and I learned a lot working there. Would work there again. The atmosphere was great
Pros
Great team and Management
Cons
Was a contract job
Insight Enterprises Inc
Financial Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZNovember 27, 2018
My position is fast paced and requires the ability to work under extreme amounts of pressure from management. Management seems to be more interested how and what you do benefits them.
Good company to work for.
Technical support (Former Employee) –  Cranbury, NJNovember 26, 2018
Good company, good pay good raises, vacation days. Good work environment. The locations were I worked were good for me.
The management worked hard to get the contracts from the company that we were working on.
Pros
Cons
work only with conteacts
Regular office atmosphere
Desktop Support Specialist Tier II (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALNovember 25, 2018
Support and maintain in-house computer systems, desktops, and peripherals. This includes installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining, and upgrading all hardware and equipment while ensuring optimal workstation performance. Troubleshoot problem areas in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide end user training and assistance where required
smooth days on the phones
Service Desk Analyst (Current Employee) –  Plano, TX 75075November 11, 2018
taking calls during the day is little busy, installing printer, software, troubleshooting hardware and software problems.coworkers get along with each other.the hardest part of the job is when things break.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
health
Fun
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 10, 2018
Simply put, if you're going to choose a place to put in 40-50-60 hours per week, Insight's a pretty good place to do it. Culture is fun, there's a lot to learn, and everyone is very collaborative.
a great working experience
Manager of the SeaTac Hilton Hotel (Current Employee) –  washington stateOctober 27, 2018
Insight was my own company and it was a great experience.
I designed and managed the construction of residential buildings.
I also helped build some some of the projects.
Stressful environment
Senior Service Desk Representative (Former Employee) –  Hanover Park, ILOctober 24, 2018
After working there for 9 years, I can tell you that if you are on the IT Service Des there, you have little to no opportunity for advancement. The merit raise program is very poor even if you are a top performer, you are lucky to get a 1.5% pay increase. Starting pay is on the very low end of the spectrum, but the benefits are very good with 401k, good insurance, life, vision and dental included. THey also have a good PTO system.

All in all, they were ok, but I probably should have left and sought advancement sooner in my career.
Pros
free lunch on occaision
Cons
pay, extremely high volume of work, poor training, poor raise, no opportunity for advancement.
Great flexible environment
CLEAR Consultant (Current Employee) –  Portland, OROctober 13, 2018
Love my job! I enjoy being able to help customers understand their licensing history. I enjoy being able to work remote and make my schedule to fit our customer needs.
Pros
remote
Cons
no raise
Run
Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZOctober 12, 2018
Not a good company. Lack of direction, Mico management, poor career path, and a lack of compassion for their employees. Work hours are erratic. No flexibility with schedules. Team members not understanding what a team environment is.
Benefits
Cons
You name it. But it all comes down to your departments manager and Co workers.
great place to work
Forklift Driver/logistics/ Route Picker (Current Employee) –  Hanover Park, ILOctober 7, 2018
great place to work long hours like my coworkers like my supervisor enjoy learning new things looking for an oppertunityto grow and be willing torelocate thanks also like working wit new eqipment
Great people make this company!
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZOctober 5, 2018
Very large company. The people at Insight consistently make it a good place to work. However they really lack employee career path guidance leaving employees to jump around looking for their own path to advancement. This often makes it feel political instead of merit driven.
Pros
Tons of vendors offering free everything virtually daily.
Cons
Lack of true career path to advancement.
per diem work
MRI technologist (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 4, 2018
This was also per diem work. Good company. flexible hours. All per diem work. manager was well organized. worked independently on a mobile MRI truck with travel.
Don't Work Here!
Manager, Data Center Specialty Sales Team (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZOctober 3, 2018
Terrible company to work for. Bad management, bad pay, no advancement. The only people that advance or make money have been there forever. Talented people learn this, and move on quickly.
Productive and collaborative environmente
CEO/Owner (Current Employee) –  Honduras, INOctober 2, 2018
Growing company that offer our employees a lot of challenges and profesional opportunities.
Certainly. I learned so many about building up a company from scratch what makes me open my mind in terms to leading people and helping them to reach their goals at any level of the company.
Good structure with great leadership and advancement opportunities
Associate Account Executive (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 29, 2018
Insight provides adequate benefits for employees with a good corporate structure and a healthy working environment. Collectively the company is a good group of genuine people from entry level to upper management.
Pros
Supportive management grant high levels of autonomy
Cons
Compensation and 401K match is low
So so
Medical Record Reviewer (Former Employee) –  FloridaSeptember 26, 2018
Normal day is taking calls for appointments. Scheduling appointment, working around doctors and patients schedule for convenience visits. Documenting doctors visits.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
No advancement
Decent Place in a tough industry
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZSeptember 26, 2018
Have not worked at Insight for over 13 years so providing a write up would not be current nor based on any improvements or degradations that may have taken place since that time,
Pros
Cons
Brutal Industry
Pay for contracts good, not when then bring you on full time.
ServcieNow Developer (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZSeptember 10, 2018
I took a temp to permanent job which was supposed to last 6 months. It took them one full year before they made me an offer. They offered to hire me full time but with less pay. I would understand that if they would have to take on extra expenses if I was a contractor. Since I was a W-2 employee and received other benefits such as medical insurance and 401(k) contributions, I felt the lower hourly rate offer was insufficient. I worked hard and did good work for them for over a year, without PTO, and they rewarded me with an offer less that what I was making before the offer.

Other than compensation and PTO, it was a very good experience.
Official response from Insight Enterprises, Inc.
September 25, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. If you would like to have further discussions regarding your pay scale, please reach out the appropriate HR Business Partner with any questions you may have.

Solid Financial Company with Good Partnerships
Microsoft Territory Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 4, 2018
Insight was a great company to be a part of for a number of years. I learned a lot regarding my specialty with software (Microsoft) licensing and contract management. SaaS became a major focus for me and it is something that I am passionate about. Towards the end, Insight lacked the vision, direction, and leadership that I was looking for.
Pros
Working Remotely, Resources, and Partnerships
Cons
Management and Compensation
Official response from Insight Enterprises, Inc.
September 25, 2018

We appreciate your feedback. Thank you for letting us know that you were able to learn new skills and programs at Insight that you hopefully can use in your career.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Insight Enterprises, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP15%
In the Top 15% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Insight Enterprises, Inc..

Powered by Comparably