Insight Enterprises, Inc. Employee Reviews

Terrible Job
Solutions Manager (Current Employee) –  Conway, ARMay 21, 2018
the structure of this company is a joke. Not much goes on here that is beneficial or helpful to anybody and it has many flaws in the hierarchy with promoting failed employees.
Too many politics, job advancement processes are inconsistent
Senior Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZMay 5, 2018
Too many politics, job advancement processes are inconsistent and too many of the wrong people are in management. Huge revolving door, compenation is changed (usually for the worst every year if not every other), with the expectation you have to compsensate to sell more. Overall, I learned alot, as to what kind of kind of company I dont want to work for.
Pros
Lots of free food
Cons
Compensation
Great place to grow and learn vfrom some very talented people
Title - Senior Services Manager (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZApril 30, 2018
In my short time at Insight I had the pleasure to learn from several managers. I was involved in multi country roll-outs and stand up opportunities, Great please to learn.
Pros
Fast paced
Terrible Office Environment
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Liberty Lake, WAApril 29, 2018
The office was terrible. There's no privacy. Everyone shares rows of desks. Cubes for privacy don't exist. Not conducive to getting things done. People walking around behind you all day long distracting you. Other's near by are on phone calls or meeting with other's at their desk next to yours which distracts. If you like an open office...you might like it there. If you like a distraction-free office with private cubes...you'll hate it there.
Cons
Terrible Management & Communication
Insight Product Managment Intern
Product Management Intern (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZApril 20, 2018
Brilliant Internship for college students looking to gain experience over the summer. Plenty of opportunity to gain key traits as a corporate worker. Opportunities to also receive a job offer at the end of the internship. I would recommend this Internship to someone I know
Pros
Mentorship, free lunches, team building days
Cons
Some days can be long and boring
good sales company
Solutions Engineer II (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZApril 9, 2018
outbound sales call center that is focused on sales and metrics. Be prepared to sale, sale, sale and sell. On the other hand venders do give you free lunches. what more can be said.
Laid back work place with low pay.
Channel Sales- Business Development (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZApril 5, 2018
Great place to work but I just feel that I wasn't moving up like I would like to. They were also not willing to pay as much moving up in the company versus coming from an external place. There is no work place culture.
nice to work
CQ5 Developer (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXMarch 20, 2018
Opportunity to work on cutting edge technologies.
Support for women in technical leadership roles.
Pride in diversity & inclusion with 12 Employee Resource Groups with 40k+ members.
Great benefits including 4+ weeks vacation, 6% salary match of 401k, paid maternity/paternity leave, financial support for adoption.
Flexibility to work from home or office in newly renovated collaboration …
Chase Wamu merger project
lead desktop technician (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVMarch 9, 2018
I was a lead technician, went to the training and worked the project, and after the job was done, they didn't pay me. I played email tag and phone tag, no one would answer me or talk to me, I would not recommend this company to anyone, they will cheat you and then forget you exist. One of the techs mentioned that he had not been paid for the last job he worked for them, I should have caught on then.
Pros
None that I can think of
Cons
No pay for work that was done
Teammates are great, leadership is not
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZMarch 6, 2018
You are consistently thrown into situations where you will not even have the skill set required to assist the customer. Fortunately, your team will help you. The majority of teammates will not leave you hanging because they have been in the same situation and are understanding of it.
The good thing is you will be exposed to a lot of different technologies. If you are somewhat new to IT, it can help you figure out what you are interested in and what type of role to get next. Some other departments don't have the same issues that were brought up here.
Pros
Vendors provide food often, great teammates
Cons
Leadership will throw you under the bus
You learn a lot
Services Technician (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZMarch 1, 2018
The only real benefits I can say about Insight are that I did learn a lot about Cisco Networking throughout my time working with them. The environment is also very fast paced as they have numerous clients that they actively manage within their Network Operations Center. This has helped me grow to what I am today in regards to my network operations experience. However, unless things have changed since I left the company about a year ago, the pay is terrible for a Services Technician considering the amount of work they do within the Network Operations Center. The Network Operations Center at Insight was a revolving door throughout the time I worked there and everyone left for the same reason, to go get paid more somewhere else, which is very easy to do considering the low pay for the position. Before I left the company, the number of employees that left to seek more pay from other positions was in the double digits. Within one week, we had lost 4 technicians where 2 of which were senior technicians and one of them was probably our best technician on staff. It's a great place to work to get really familiar with Cisco Networking and fast-paced Network Operations. Management constantly had asked us what they could do to make the Network Operations Center better, and we constantly told them that an increase in pay or at least differential pay for 3rd shift employees would be nice. They never listened and have lost many good technicians because of it.
Cons
Low Pay
Horrible Working Environment and moral
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Conway, ARFebruary 26, 2018
Once Insight purchased HPE the moral of the company went completely down the toilet. Mananagent was trying to squeeze business from a turnip. If you didn’t produce, management didn’t use it as a teaching moment, but as a threat.
Pros
Teammates
Cons
The company
Fun and Innovative place to work
Inventory Analyst (Former Employee) –  Bloomingdale, ILFebruary 22, 2018
Insight was a great place to work. The culture was professional and there was room for advancement within all departments. Management really listened to their employees and tried to do what was best for the employees and for the company as whole. I learned a tremendous amount while I was there in all aspects of the company and within my role.
Pros
healthcare, vacation, flexibility
Cons
pay
Great place to work, as long as you're not in operations
Buyer (Former Employee) –  Addison, ILFebruary 22, 2018
I held several positions within Insight, and eventually chose to leave to further a different career path. This was a decent company to work for. Mostly fair pay (although benefits were a bit weak), and good people to work with (the occasional bad apple). However, once I started working in the operations department, it was totally different. No matter what you did, it was never enough to satisfy the higher ups, much less see them pleased. You could put in 12-14 hour work days every day and still it wouldn't be enough. While direct management would say that was too much time, they also wouldn't take anything off your plate or get enough head count to cover everything. There seemed to be some kind of communication breakdown between the desperation of the employees for any kind of assistance and the people approving new positions. While morale started to improve a little by the time I left with various team activities, it was still a challenge for the group to be anything but discouraged. Once this job evolved into something I didn't recognize (much less what I was hired for), I recognized it was time for a change. Other departments were better to work for!
Pros
Fair pay, Good people, Education opportunities
Cons
Work you to death
Not a nice place to work
IT Consultant (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZFebruary 21, 2018
High pressure, no layoaly after 5 years!

Cut throat and too big to have a personal connection with mgmt, a ton of churn in employeessand staff is not really educated.
Okay for a first job.
SOFTWARE ANNUITIES SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Liberty Lake, WAFebruary 19, 2018
If you're an experienced professional and like to work with little supervision, this is not the place for you. Micro management is a serious problem there.
Pros
It's a job
Cons
Awful management
Love my job but there's little hope to grow
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Conway, ARFebruary 18, 2018
I love what I do, I love my job, and I have a great manager but I am not sure what I am being strung along for anymore. Constantly am given hope for promotions, raises, advancement, new offers but am not really seeing options become available, salary and pay has been the same since I started (lowest pay in the company if you are sales). This job is certainly challenging. We are being told a lot of changes are happening so I have hope that things will be better or people that come after me. If you start working here now you have hope for a future and good opportunities because things are changing, just may not change fast enough for me to stay. Like I said, I really enjoy my job, it is fun and challenging, but there is currently no clear plan for how to develop and grow and succeed in this company beyond entry level.
Official response from Insight Enterprises, Inc.
February 21, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. It's great to hear your dedication not only to your team but also to your job. We hope that you stay with Insight and please reach out to your manager for guidance in how you are feeling.

Ok
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Cumberland co njFebruary 18, 2018
They have a system were one can select an assignment that one can relate to.
They try to answer questions and concerns.
They have training sessions that one can attend
Do not work here
Returns (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZFebruary 16, 2018
Do not work for this company. They will only hire friends and layoff employees with no warning at all even with nothing but positive performance reviews throughout.
Official response from Insight Enterprises, Inc.
February 21, 2018

We appreciate your feedback. Please note that every candidate goes through a rigorous recruiting process at Insight where everyone is given the same opportunity for a position. Insight also allows referrals. So if you know of someone who is qualified for a position and you believe would be a great fit at Insight, please reach out to he Recruiting team and refer someone you know.

Alot of talk about values and looking out for the client yet management does pay employees or pays for new equipments.
IT Technician (Former Employee) –  ColoradoFebruary 12, 2018
Worked as an IT field tech. Did Not pay to go to site or milage. Sometimes drive a hour and then hour back plus gas with wear and tear on car for just a couple of hours. Had a very limited time to review and fix issues or get in trouble going over allotted time. Site maintenance from other techs shows these problems. Customers hardware and cable bundling hastily done if done at all.

Clients have slow computer issues that are caused because of old hardware and or offsite services that are poorly ran do to cost. Management seems to only care about the bottom dollar and not employees or customers or equipment.
Pros
A job
Cons
Everything. Working for them is like walking on egg shells. Is not how to run a business.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Insight Enterprises, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

3.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight