Insight Enterprises, Inc. Employee Reviews

Run
Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZOctober 12, 2018
Not a good company. Lack of direction, Mico management, poor career path, and a lack of compassion for their employees. Work hours are erratic. No flexibility with schedules. Team members not understanding what a team environment is.
Benefits
Cons
You name it. But it all comes down to your departments manager and Co workers.
great place to work
Forklift Driver/logistics/ Route Picker (Current Employee) –  Hanover Park, ILOctober 7, 2018
great place to work long hours like my coworkers like my supervisor enjoy learning new things looking for an oppertunityto grow and be willing torelocate thanks also like working wit new eqipment
Great people make this company!
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZOctober 5, 2018
Very large company. The people at Insight consistently make it a good place to work. However they really lack employee career path guidance leaving employees to jump around looking for their own path to advancement. This often makes it feel political instead of merit driven.
Pros
Tons of vendors offering free everything virtually daily.
Cons
Lack of true career path to advancement.
per diem work
MRI technologist (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 4, 2018
This was also per diem work. Good company. flexible hours. All per diem work. manager was well organized. worked independently on a mobile MRI truck with travel.
Don't Work Here!
Manager, Data Center Specialty Sales Team (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZOctober 3, 2018
Terrible company to work for. Bad management, bad pay, no advancement. The only people that advance or make money have been there forever. Talented people learn this, and move on quickly.
Productive and collaborative environmente
CEO/Owner (Current Employee) –  Honduras, INOctober 2, 2018
Growing company that offer our employees a lot of challenges and profesional opportunities.
Certainly. I learned so many about building up a company from scratch what makes me open my mind in terms to leading people and helping them to reach their goals at any level of the company.
Good structure with great leadership and advancement opportunities
Associate Account Executive (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 29, 2018
Insight provides adequate benefits for employees with a good corporate structure and a healthy working environment. Collectively the company is a good group of genuine people from entry level to upper management.
Pros
Supportive management grant high levels of autonomy
Cons
Compensation and 401K match is low
So so
Medical Record Reviewer (Former Employee) –  FloridaSeptember 26, 2018
Normal day is taking calls for appointments. Scheduling appointment, working around doctors and patients schedule for convenience visits. Documenting doctors visits.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
No advancement
Decent Place in a tough industry
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZSeptember 26, 2018
Have not worked at Insight for over 13 years so providing a write up would not be current nor based on any improvements or degradations that may have taken place since that time,
Pros
Cons
Brutal Industry
Pay for contracts good, not when then bring you on full time.
ServcieNow Developer (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZSeptember 10, 2018
I took a temp to permanent job which was supposed to last 6 months. It took them one full year before they made me an offer. They offered to hire me full time but with less pay. I would understand that if they would have to take on extra expenses if I was a contractor. Since I was a W-2 employee and received other benefits such as medical insurance and 401(k) contributions, I felt the lower hourly rate offer was insufficient. I worked hard and did good work for them for over a year, without PTO, and they rewarded me with an offer less that what I was making before the offer.

Other than compensation and PTO, it was a very good experience.
September 25, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. If you would like to have further discussions regarding your pay scale, please reach out the appropriate HR Business Partner with any questions you may have.

Solid Financial Company with Good Partnerships
Microsoft Territory Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 4, 2018
Insight was a great company to be a part of for a number of years. I learned a lot regarding my specialty with software (Microsoft) licensing and contract management. SaaS became a major focus for me and it is something that I am passionate about. Towards the end, Insight lacked the vision, direction, and leadership that I was looking for.
Pros
Working Remotely, Resources, and Partnerships
Cons
Management and Compensation
September 25, 2018

We appreciate your feedback. Thank you for letting us know that you were able to learn new skills and programs at Insight that you hopefully can use in your career.

Brief Recollection of a day at Insight.
Desktop Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Hanover Park, IL 60133August 30, 2018
I found management to be fairly flexible when it comes to scheduling shifts when I started, they were lenient on adjusting to my requirements for education without any hassle as well, as long as I can commit to a near 40 hours. There is moderate to very little supervision depending on what project you might be working on. Most of the work done here would be what you might expect at an IT production warehouse. This is alright as a starting job for possibly a technician or a material handler, but be aware that your consideration to become a full-fledged team member can take ages for management to consider, in which case it would be best to find something else to do. The hardest part of the job would probably readjusting for production line issues where either there are not enough orders to keep you busy or there might be too much for anyone to handle. What I find enjoyable is that you can occasionally interact with some of the senior members, and occasionally get the luxury of sitting on a chair on certain days.
Pros
Chairs, Easy-Paced
Cons
Fixed positions. Irregular workloads
September 25, 2018

Thank you for the feedback. It's great to hear that your managers were flexible with your shifts and scheduling to accommodate your needs. If you are interested in other job opportunities, please look on Insight's career page to see if there are any other positions that suit your interest.

Great company results with good vision, with low compensation
Global Partners Practice Manager (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXAugust 26, 2018
Company with good vision and results however with no career path, great relationship with employees, good benefits, and community involvement and commitment.
Pros
good employees friendly environment
Cons
low compensation
September 25, 2018

We appreciate your feedback regarding Insight's benefits. They are competitive to what other companies offer its employees that are in the same industry as Insight. There are also numerous community involvement opportunities to partake in as well with Insight.

Poor management
SERVICE DESK REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZAugust 26, 2018
Service Desk is poorly managed. There is no support for employees. It's agent vs. management and you will always lose. Forget about pay raises and being recognized for any of the hard work you actually do.
Pros
Insight itself has great benefits
September 25, 2018

If you are having concerns about your role or with your managers, we recommend that you reach out to your HR Business Partner so that they can become aware of the issues you are witnessing.

Not as advertised
Senior Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 20, 2018
When I was first hired I was told I would have 60/40 split of existing customers and the ability to cold call for new accounts.

I didn't have any customers and had to go after all net new.
Pros
Health Insurance
Cons
Lack of direction
Great paying job.just to drive.
CDL-A Lead Professional Driver (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COAugust 14, 2018
It was a great way to get paid and travel all over america doing GPS mapping using lidar,9 HD 3D cameras, Back up hard drive with removable drive and a GPS system.
Pros
The pay and driving.
Cons
your away from home for prolonged periods of time.
September 25, 2018

We are happy to hear that you were able to enjoy your role at Insight with the opportunity to travel to other parts of the United States.

Overall a good experience
Managed Services (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 8, 2018
I joined the company while it was in transition which left teams disjointed and pursuing different outcomes. With that said, the team that I was part of was very talented and a real asset to the business.
Positive Experience
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJuly 21, 2018
I learned a lot about IT and had some great successes there. An interesting set up with the "stadium" theory. It was nice having all of the vendors on-site and the happy hours they hosted were REALLY fun!!
A pit stop job if you will (For a material Handler)
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Hanover Park, ILJuly 18, 2018
There's not much room for advancement nor job security when you're a material handler for this company. 3 months tops and they're pretty much looking for replacement candidates even though 3 months & you're SUPPOSED to be a regular employee.

They did however offer optional overtime for you to stay later and/or come in on the weekends if you needed the extra hours which was a plus. It's a relaxed environment too at times so it isn't like a supervisor would be breathing down your neck, unless you're slacking off.

But overall, don't let this job be the end all of it all. Use this job as a means of a pit stop while you figure out exactly what you want to do with your career path. Because they'll cut you without notice (a trend with a lot of these jobs there's no loyalty anymore) and I hope you have your savings up to par in case you have to go on that torturous job hunt again.
Pros
Available overtime/Relaxed environment
Cons
No guaranteed job security nor room for advancement
Review
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJJune 25, 2018
Consistent pay as a long term substitute teacher. No benefits or compensation for sick days at all. Poor communicators. The company needs to do better at relaying information.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Insight Enterprises, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight