Insomnia Cookies Employee Reviews

fun place to work
Marketing Representative (Current Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIApril 16, 2018
Very laid back, and friendly coworkers. I have felt very welcomed here, I definitely like what I am promoting. A lot of people love the cookies and I really enjoy it here.
Amazing place to work
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Champaign, ILApril 13, 2018
The team members at Insomnia were really great to work with, although it was short-lived. The manager of the store was so laid back, that it made working until 3am so much easier. The most difficult thing for me was working those nights, and switching to a day shift schedule for 1 day every week. Other than that, the job is not difficult AT ALL.
Good enough for the time being
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 9, 2018
Management is poor. They don't care about the little guys who are the reason their store is operating. They just care about greed and profit. They seem to only pick bosses, not leaders and from experience that usually bites you in the butt. Employees need guidance not orders and demands.

Such an easy job. Low pay for the cost of living in your area. No benefits for anyone below GM title. Oh, at tax time, you'll be surprised to find they didn't take federal taxes out. I was not a driver but shift leader.

So, if you need some extra cash this is a great side gig but not a career.
Pros
Cons
Almost everything
very mean manager
Driver/Delivery (Former Employee) –  Indiana, PAApril 6, 2018
Management in Indiana,Pa was really bad she was more worried about not being there and not working with vendors. And if she didnt like you she would single you out and make it hard for you to get hours
Cons
management sucked
Horrible
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 26, 2018
Do not work for them they claim to be flexible but will replace you because of your availability they under pay you for the amount of work the shift lead does i worked for them for a few months and did everything the gm shouldve been doing while all he did was have an attitude and complain about having to make schedules oh and they had mice at the stores i worked at in nyc
Cons
Good temporary or side job, but not main job
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 21, 2018
Great for college students as it pays them well and provides flexible hours. Can earn decent money as a delivery driver, especially during night shifts and holidays, It helps a lot if you know the area well and drive fast.

Coworkers are a mixed bag: some are helpful, friendly, and hard-working; while others show up late or don't show up at all which screws the schedule up for everyone else, and others bring in drama. Somewhat high turnover rate, probably due in part to the unreliability of college students/people in their late teens or early twenties and the restaurant business in general.

Corporate goes through many managers, unfortunately, and has been known to short wages on paychecks, sometimes intentionally.

Hours are flexible, with many coworkers willing to trade or cover shifts. You also get to eat lots of the food there, with the ability to take home dozens of cookies at close. The tips, hours, and surcharges add up to form nice, hefty paychecks for delivery drivers; especially when compared to other unskilled jobs.
awesome
Email Specialist (Current Employee) –  Newtown Square, PAMarch 19, 2018
great company to work for. Very flexible and relaxed. Everyone is super nice and always understanding. I love being here. The dress code is very casual
Didn’t enjoy working there
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOMarch 18, 2018
The tips where really bad customers where not very nice and the gym at the time would never answer questions right and or wouldent put the schedule up
Eh
Baker (Current Employee) –  MidwestMarch 10, 2018
Insomnia is an incredibly laid back franchise and the job is low stress, however there are barely any hours. The manager would continually hire new workers despite there being a lack of hours. They pay higher than usual salaries but it barely makes up for getting home at 4 AM and having a nocturnal sleep schedule. The work culture is also a bit pretentious.
Pros
ONE free cookie per shift
Cons
Work culture
Hot, relaxed, your job is never secured.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  New YorkMarch 9, 2018
It was grear t at first. It’s a hreat first job, but after a while you need a change of scenery. The pay is great but a lot falls on you with each roll assignment.
Pros
Discounts.
Cons
Not Secured Job.

Want to know more about Insomnia Cookies?

Ask a question
Not too bad
Shift lead (Current Employee) –  OhioMarch 9, 2018
Worked here for 3 years. I love my coworkers and the store manager is usually okay. The district manager is a pretty chill guy. For the most part, it’s a decent place to work. In store workers are eligible for a raise every 6 months, if you work long enough, you can rack up some paid sick/vacation time. Most days are relaxed and you just go with the flow.
Very good place for anyone looking to gain Shift Lead experience
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Miami Beach, FLMarch 5, 2018
I love this job because not only does it work with my personal life, but the team and GM are great and fun to work with as well. My typical day includes serving customers, moderate baking, sending out emails and preparing delivery orders. Super simple and easy job with great pay and benefits like 50% discounts, 401K, dental plans, vacation time, paid time off and other exclusive perks for being with the company for a year or longer. I really couldn't ask for more!
Pros
Discounts, friendly customers, fun and loving staff
Cons
No cons. Only pros.
Love this Job
General Manager (Current Employee) –  MIdwest SouthMarch 3, 2018
Insomnia Cookies can be an awesome place to work for. It is all about what you make of it. It is all about your team and they guys that are above you. One thing I can say is I have the world greatest Director and Senior Director in Midwest South. They really look out for you and take care of your needs. The whole structure of the company is amazing. Higher management has done a great job with keeping everything in order. Although this job is not hard at all, it can really consume your social life. You have a lot of reasonable expectations that you have to meet. You have to be on call at all time and that can sometime be difficult if you have an husband or wife, small children or someone that depends on you daily.Overall, I love my job an I cant wait to see what the future has.
Pros
Management, Benefits, Training
Cons
Pay is not great and time consuming
Great Staff, Rewarding Work.
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  New York, NY 10012March 2, 2018
The cookies sell themselves. There is work to be done. Sometimes scheduling my time was tough depending on what was to be done that day. Overall good experience. Always got along with the staff and the customers.
Pros
Canceled orders.
Cons
Lack of communication with Bosses
relaxing workplace with milk and cokies on the side
Food courier (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYFebruary 26, 2018
The place I worked at could be described as a very clean and relaxing area, depending on how busy the day would be. I enjoyed working there because I'm really passionate about meeting new people and I have a very fun attitude and also because I like meeting new places. Sometimes my job used to be kind stressful because of all the deliveries I had to do but at the end it all was worth it because I finished my shifts eating some cookies or brownies with milk.
Its Ok
SHIFT LEAD (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 21, 2018
Its for those straight out of high school. Not Much to it might have a life working there might not takes away from those who do night shifts. Everything changes you sleep more through out the day. Customers are always right so never argue with them.
SHIFT LEADER (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 13, 2018
Horrible people. Horrible management. Underpayed workers. Boss didnt do their job. Always an schedulng issue. Hard to contact main management. No team work.
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
relaxed and laied back days with busy stressful night-time shifts
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLFebruary 11, 2018
Overall as a driver the job was simple. Help build customer service skills. Another stressful part was maintenance of the my vehicle had to be up kept.
Great pay but I have to buy gas every day now
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALFebruary 6, 2018
This is one of the most relaxed employers for whom I've worked. However, management is not as competent as others for whom I've worked. For example, there are employees on the schedule whom I have not seen in weeks, but my boss decides to keep this employee. Also, shifts tend to be overstaffed regularly and this does not provide all delivery drivers on the clock with a high number of deliveries. Taking one order each time I leave the store sometimes does not seem worth burning the gas, particularly if the tip is low.

Employee turnover is one of the highest I've seen, but this is an easy job to acquire.

The best part of this job is that I spend most of the time in the sitting position, either in the driver's seat or in the shop waiting for orders. Sometimes when business is slow, I will have to fold up cookie boxes or take the trash to the dumpster. But this is not a labor intensive job.

The worst part of the job is the hours as most nights I have to work unitl 3:00 a.m. Having another part-time job makes this an inconvenience for me as I have had to leave Insomnia at 3 and be at my other place of work at 6:00 a.m.

Overall, this is good work for students or a moonlighting job for folks who wish to get more than minimum wage as the tips are what make this job worth it all.
Pros
Relaxed, non-labor intense
Cons
I work until 3 a.m.
Laid back environment with very late nights
Driver/Baker (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 5, 2018
I usually worked 6 hour shifts, clocking out between 11pm and 3am. Management is wonderful but I need something that pays a little more and has better hours.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Insomnia Cookies. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
1.9

1.5Personal Development

2.2Career Opportunities

2.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight