Insomnia Cookies
Happiness rating is 56 out of 100

Insomnia Cookies Employee Reviews

Insomnia Cookies insights

Areas for improvement
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging

Store Operations Manager

Insomnia Cookies is a place with opportunities to grow within the company at the store level but not into corporate. It is a place with seldom workers and a heavy workload to match. Insomnia often has trouble hiring and retaining quality workers, as does many jobs in the field, but it is extremely hard to find people who can align with the company’s mission statement. I would not recommend working here at any level due to poor pay (especially for anyone who is not a manager) long hours and no work life balance. The free cookies offered on a daily are also very unhealthy and could seriously cause health problems for its workers.

Pros

Not much

Cons

Constant necessity to check emails, call customers, take conferences and be attentive at home. Hiring process is a hassle.

decent workplace

an alright job, considering it was my first. I had an old beat up car so I decided to go into delivery driving since they were paying 13 at the time. Bad management and annoying workers.

Pros

free cookie

Cons

no tips, bad management

Would recommend to anyone

Going through the company has been super easy and my boss has done nothing but support me. Even when we had rough patches. Having some coworkers almost bully others. But management has done a good at handling it. The managers listen and help out the best they can in any way possible.

fun workplace; horrible management.

most of the shift leads/managers do not care about their employees also pay isnt as advertised. have to make like $50-$60 in tips to see any of them on your check

Pros

free cookies

Cons

bad pay for drivers

Easy to work for, but easy to find fault with

As a student, it was simple enough to work my schedule around my classes and I received rather significant raises within a short amount of time. Taking time off is easy and I can make my schedule to be practically whatever I want.But they really don't seem to train their managers well. I worked at the same location with two different managers and it was the messiest transition I have ever seen. We were always out of something which irritated customers, severely affecting revenue and tips for drivers. The promotion pathway where only bakers could become shift leads meant drivers were treated as outsiders while bakers gossiped about each other over who should be the next shift lead, creating an uncomfortable work environment. The turnover is high in every role, including shift leads.

Pros

Free cookies, flexible schedule, raises

Cons

toxic work environment, bad management, high turnover

Care to share?

Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.

Fun workplace

It's a really fun work environment and allows you to express your creativity to the fullest extent. Additionally the hours are very manageable and leave room for personal time

I enjoy my job and the people I work with!

I personally love my job. Can it be stressful? If you let it be, yes. If you come in, do your job and don't let things bother you, it's great! The pay could be a little more competitive, but I get to work from home, so I can't complain! It works for me and my family. At the end of the day, if you do your job and do it well, you'll love working there.

Pros

work from home, great co-workers, laid back

Cons

pay rate is not competitive with other companies, high turnover rate

Good college job

Not a bad place to work at during college. Beyond that, well it’s delivery. Do with that what you will. Depends on management, but it’s really not that bad. Customers are terrible, but that’s the service industry.

Pros

Decent pay, free food, coworkers are all around the same age

Cons

Late nights, customers are some of the worst, mileage on car

lazy people trying even harder to be lazy

not a horrible job but the mangers there both times i have work at this company would repeatedly try take advantage of my good nature and work me more than the other drivers... skip delivers ect so they get to just sit and play video games or have there gf in there car with them an makeout final straw was i tried to take my sick time and pto and they fired me for "disrespecting the manger" and said i txt cus words at them when that wast the case overall the upper management seem content with dumping the lions share of work and hrs on there shift leads and going on long vacations

Pros

cookies

Cons

abusive workplace

buzy

I would not ever work for this company upper mangment is awful they promise u one thing and do others hours are not fair u have some shift who were late never ran shifts get promoted favoritism here have the time bathroom was out of order from customers could not go to bathroom

Pros

free cookie

Jobs at Insomnia Cookies

See more jobs

Great coworkers, wildly incompetent management

I loved my job when I started. And there are parts of it I still really like. We have an overall very relaxed work culture and my coworkers are truly wonderful people. Management, however, is a nightmare. We can't keep people on because we aren't appreciated or respected, especially drivers. We're regularly expected to take up to three times the max number of deliveries we're supposed to take per company policy and to stay well past the end of our shifts to finish deliveries because not enough drivers are scheduled. We're told to call our manager for help if it gets too busy, but getting her on the phone is nearly impossible and getting her to come in to help actually is impossible. I have personally witnessed other employees breaking down due to the high volume of customers and delivery orders with no one to help manage either. I have stayed up to an hour past the end of my shift multiple times in just the last month. Moreover, drivers are paid largely in tips and, this being a college town, tips are far from guaranteed. $0.50 tips are not uncommon. No tip at all is not uncommon. When tips are good, we can make decent money, but it's always a gamble. I've gone home with less than $10 in tips and upwards of $100 in tips, but neither is ever guaranteed. If I could give anyone applying here advice, it would be to run. You will be taken advantage of. Do not sacrifice your own health for this company because management does not care and will not be there to help you. You may make some lovely friends, but you can do that elsewhere without being wildly overworked and usually underpaid.

Pros

Wonderful coworkers, free cookies, tips are sometimes really good, scheduling can be flexible

Cons

Terrible management, poor base pay, little opportunity for advancement, expectations far outweigh compensation 9 times out of 10

Very easy but not worth the wear and tear on vehicle

I worked as a delivery driver and it was a very easy job, all I had to do at my store is deliver the orders and fold boxes, when I wasn't doing that I was able to sit on my phone. You could be very busy or very slow it just depends on the day. The bad thing about being a delivery driver is that most of your pay is reliant on customer gratitude, sometimes it can be very good or it can be nothing at all. The wear on your vehicle will go up exponentially. I've put over 8,000 miles on my car in 2 months. Also from my knowledge you don't get reimbursed for the fuel you use. To sum this all up, its a very easy job, you can either get very good pay weeks or very bad, and you will wear your vehicle down very very fast.

Pros

Free cookies

Cons

No breaks, no benefits, vehicle wear, pay for your own gas

Not so great

When I first started working at this company in 2019, it was a great place to work for everything about it from the culture to the stores and team work between the stores. But soon as 2020 hit the company started to go down hill a whole new corporation change for the worst. They hired people who don’t know what they are doing from marketing to operations. They come up with terrible marketing ideas for products that go nowhere and rot in the back of stores. Operations has no clue what it’s like working in a store, coming up with ridiculous processes to micromanage everything you do. Don’t ever try to stick up for your employees as a manager to the higher ups it doesn’t work in your favorite at all. You’ll be let go if they don’t like what you have to say.

Pros

Making your own schedule (Still get forced to change it by the higher ups if they don’t like it)

Cons

Culture is terrible and it wasn’t that way when I first started

Good job when school is in on campus otherwiae not worth it

Decent job if you like driving bad job tho if it's not busy or if it happens to be over staffed at the time. Pretty high turn o er rate as well. ON CAMPUS 7 mile deliver range.

Pros

Listen to music all day in Your car

Cons

When its not busy the job isnt worth it

Do not work in greenville, nc

The store is run very poorly, and the only reason it does so well is due to the hard work put in by the lower employees. You are not compensated for the amount of work that you're going to put into this job, especially with the late hours you'll need to work. 10/10 do NOT recommend working at this location unless it is under new management. This store uses college students in need of a job and runs them into the ground. Just beware

Okay place to work

You get pretty much as many hours as you want. Simple and easy job. Sometimes it can be a little boring waiting between orders. Decent pay and you get paid every week.

Pretty chill

Not very good for work home life balance as a store manager. Depends what kind of team you have. I regularly work 50-60 hour weeks. Pay is lower than it should be considering that you are often mandated to work. No real weekends off.

Pros

Free coonies

Cons

Home work. Alance

Easy Job, great for college

People you work with are great, our manager is super good, and it is very very easy to manage. Absolutely stress free. Every shift is a good shift, have yet to have a bad one.

Pros

Free cookies

Cons

Late nights

Fun

Insomnia Cookies is a great place to work if you are looking for extra cash on your pocket. The hours are good and you make good tips as a delivery driver.

Great Opportunity

Great opportunity for advancement. This company takes care of you and pays very well compared to the competitors. If you want to move up, you just have to ask. There are always opportunities to move up with the company.

Often very slow/chill work environment as delivery driver (especially day shift), nights can be very busy but you'll make more money

Your experience will depend on location and coworkers. Major cities will be busier, you'll make more money thanks to tips but spend more on gas. Night shifts are often especially busy and you will likely work till about 3am (at least at my location, closing times may vary). Day shifts will be slower, depending on location you may have 3 deliveries during first shift which means lots of down time. Delivery drivers are only responsible for deliveries and folding boxes, my manager allowed me to bring in a my laptop, Nintendo switch, head phones etc. May depend on your manager, and of course how busy your store actually is.You are guaranteed a base pay, even if you make no tips you will at least make your guaranteed pay.All in all of you like driving out "chill" jobs you will probably like working here.Oh, and free cookies daily as well as a %50 discount on all orders.

Pros

Pay is okay for work, coworkers usually nice to work with. Most managers are laid back

Cons

Many managers have little or no managerial experience, often no accountability when a co-worker doesn't complete a task, lots of wear on your personal vehicle and no gas compensation.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Insomnia Cookies. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Insomnia Cookies.
Powered byComparably

Compare Insomnia Cookies with

• Insomnia Cookies
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?