Insomnia Cookies Employee Reviews

Easy job during college
Morning Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Muncie, INAugust 6, 2018
Not much to review. You sell cookies and ice cream. During the day it was extremely slow. Maybe saw 10 customers a day. Night time it is crazy busy. But i worked alone and had no complaints.
Great
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 3, 2018
Working for Insomnia is awesome and It fits in line with people looking for work-life balance. It can be a bit stressful but people and procedures are in place to help with the stress
Do not work here
Daytime Manager (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJuly 31, 2018
It is by far the worst establishment. I dont write bad reviews but this one takes the cake.I cannot believe they make you wast 150 characters just so say how bad this place is.
Not too great, but not too bad
Baker (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJuly 26, 2018
To quote my trainer, "it's just cookie," however, this attitude, although true, can be really annoying if everyone working isn't on the same level of "lax" versus work. I found myself picking up the slack of others due to this attitude.
Pros
One free cookie per shift
Cons
You won't get good hours unless you're a shift leader, and come Summer time your hours will be almost non-existent
Great culture
Manager (Current Employee) –  Amherst, MAJuly 24, 2018
Productive place to work at. You gain a lot of knowledge and experience working there. A lot of opportunity to grow in the company. Easy job all you have to do is be on top of your tasks.
Best Job Ever
Shift Lead/ Baker (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 19, 2018
While working at Insomnia Cookies i grew to love working with customer service. i myself am a very down to earth person and my location was great for me because it was in the heart of a whole bunch of colleges and bars. so i had a lot of easy nights working there. they worked really well with my schedule as a student and working a whole other job as well. My managers were great i had some awesome coworkers too. the only thing that i wasn't so crazy about was not knowing my big bosses. i didn't like that we never met him. other than that this job was one of my most favorites.
Great place great manager bad pay
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTJuly 18, 2018
My manager was excellent, but they didn’t pay the drivers enough. Even with tips the wear and tear on my car out weighed what I was paid. I enjoyed my experience and it was very laid back, but overall I needed something that I could do full time that would compensate me properly.
Pros
Great to work for, relaxed, low stress
Cons
Not enough pay
Average Job For Teen
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Evanston, ILJuly 16, 2018
It's like anywhere else you work in terms of food. Get cool with the manager and you're good. Whether you enjoy working with your coworkers doesn't matter because you work alone throughout the shift which is nice.
Pros
Solo work with customers, Easy job
Cons
No breaks
Meant for college students, little chance to advance
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCJuly 5, 2018
If you want a company to grow with, Insomnia is great to teach you the basics, but not willing to invest in its' current employees. They would rather offer a $2000 sign on bonus for a general manager than to promote a qualified employee. Perfect for someone who has never had a job, or a college student trying to get a few extra bucks.
what i learned
Shift Leader/ Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington, DC 20018July 2, 2018
they help me to improve my customer service and my manager skills, after a couople of months being delivery driver they give you the opportunity of grow and go up in the company
Overall a laidback and open minded place to work
Baker (Former Employee) –  Starkville, MSJuly 1, 2018
As a whole, I look back at my Insomnia Cookies work expericence as being a pretty positive work place. I worked there for about 9 months and was told by my manager and my fellow coworkers that I was their favorite to work with along with being one of the best workers in the staff. I didnt mind working here until towards the end of the 9 months when my managers significant other started harrasing me with immature text messages when i was trying to change my schedule for exams, however i quit shortly after this to avoid further problems.
Pros
co-workers were fairly easy to get along with, free cookie and water each shift, open minded environment
Cons
not long enough breaks, somewhat poor management
fun staff but overall lazy and unorganized
Baker (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia County, PAJuly 1, 2018
I felt like I was depended on much more than I should have been as a simultaneous full-time student. I was supposed to be a part-time employee but spent multiple weeks working full-time hours (30+). A majority of the employees were unreliable and instead of just hiring reliable staff, I was always asked to cover people's shifts and come in on off days. Likable people, just not reliable workers.
Pros
free cookie every shift, 50% off, fun staff
Cons
unorganized, unreliable employees, closes really late
Good experience
Marketing Representative (Former Employee) –  West Chester, PAJune 23, 2018
This was a very short job. I applied so I could have more experience in the marketing world and what it would be like to advertise for a big company like Insomnia Cookies. This was just for the opening week of their new store.
i loved baking the cookies
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 23, 2018
Insomnia cookies was a great job I really enjoyed working there. they had great opportunities for advancement. you could really grow with the company.
Pros
great pay
Cons
late hours
Fun place to work if you want a temporary job
Delivery Driver, Part time (Former Employee) –  East Lansing, MIJune 21, 2018
It was a great place to work at the time and i loved the flexible hours. I worked as a delivery driver and it was good money only while school was in. The summers are slow and money is tight if it is your only job.
Coporate and ppl hire are lazy
Shift Leader and Cashier (Former Employee) –  United StatesJune 21, 2018
Would not recommend working here
Stressful...
Not worth the pay ..
Coporate does not care about you...
Company based on lies
You will get drained....
Always productive
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Bryn Mawr, PAJune 14, 2018
Delivery cookies, I learned how to find customers location with my phone and to get where I needed to be, the hardest part of the job would be getting to the destination on the exact time because the delivery's were spread out, the most enjoyable was making set goals.
Great Place
Baker (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCJune 7, 2018
It's a great place to work. Getting to see so many faces light up from getting cookies is awesome, and every time I tell someone about my job they get jealous. For in-store employees, there's also plenty of room for pay raises and advancement as long as you're willing to put in a bit of time with the company. Great for working while in school.
Chill but busy environment
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Kent, OHJune 7, 2018
Working at insomnia cookies was very beneficial, especially going to college and living in a college town. We would have plenty of downtimes to get homework other things done.
Ok
Security and Loss Prevention Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Newtown Square, PAMay 30, 2018
Insomnia Cookies was ok. The pay was poor, the hours were poor and the benefits were poor. But the people I worked with were fun and my managers and directors were also fun

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Insomnia Cookies. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

1.9InHerSight Score

1.5Personal Development

2.2Career Opportunities

2.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight