Insomnia Cookies Employee Reviews

Productive and Fun workplace
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 10, 2018
I absolutely loved this job. The environment was easy to get accustomed to, the employees were all friendly and showed me the ropes with no hesitation. The customers were the best part of my day, seeing the joy on someone's face when they walk in and smell the fresh cookies is simply he best feeling.
Decent job if money is what you are after
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALOctober 7, 2018
All you literally do at Insomnia Cookies as a Driver is deliver the cookies and fold boxes. The insiders handle all of the dirty work such as baking cookies, helping customers, preparing delivery orders, cleaning duties, etc. It's a very chill job. If there are enough boxes and there are no deliveries, you get to sit down and be bored.

If you are only after a paycheck, this is a good job for you. The money is really good if you work full-time, roughly $350 to $500 a week. You are paid weekly. But unlike many delivery places, you are not paid daily as everything goes on your weekly check (and taxed, of course). The very few cash tips that you get, you bring home that night, but it's only a small amount. Many customers pay with credit cards or school cash. However, if you are looking for more than a paycheck, such as benefits or what have you, forget about it. No paid vacations, no paid leave, no medical/dental/vision, nothing. Dead end.

You'll get tipped on 80% of your deliveries. Pretty good if you ask me. Unlike many other delivery places where it's hit and miss, depending on your timing.

Of course, there will be the usual wear and tear on your car. And what's frustrating sometimes is that you'll get a wrong number or a wrong address and have to bring the order back, only for Customer Service to acquire the correct information and you get sent back out there. Sometimes customers lie to get free cookies, which Customer Service makes you go back there.

I would recommend the job to a person that is looking for some good spending money. But many co-workers have second
  more... jobs or school, so this either pays for school or is just another source of income. This is nobody's sole source of income.  less
Pros
Easy job, only two things to do - deliver cookies and fold boxes, good pay, free cookie and water every shift, paid weekly, co-workers and management were OK for the most part.
Cons
Wear and tear on your car, no cash in hand at the end of the night other than cash tips, which are minimal, customer service believes everything they hear with you getting sent back on a delivery, zero benefits, of course.
Micro Managing to the extreme
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Western United StatesSeptember 24, 2018
If you want to be micro managed, work for incompetent people insomnia is for you. Did I mention they pay nothing towards healthcare. Pay is horrible, they are really cheap when it comes to in store employees.
Pros
Cookies
Cons
Pay, healthcare, schedule, micro managing
Amazing place to work
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VASeptember 20, 2018
I absolutely love my job. My employees are great. The company really takes care of you. It’s not a difficult job, and it’s a fun place to be. We get busy at night, but it’s always exciting when business picks up. Lots of interesting people come in. Since we are located on a college campus, it’s great to talk to the students and professors. Would highly recommend working for Insomnia Cookies
Awesome work atmosphere
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 18, 2018
One of the best places I ever worked. Very comfortable and felt more like family. The hours were great the job duties were assigned appropriately. And they were very understanding to employees needs.
Pros
Free cookie during shift and awesome discount
Cons
No cons
Very laid back easy workplace.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, KSSeptember 17, 2018
Very easy job. I would see around 30 people a night Sunday through Thursday. Weekends were much busier but still very easy. A shift could be run with 3 people at max.
Fast Paced
Marketing Assistant / Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  East Lansing, MISeptember 12, 2018
Fast paced enviornment in store that leads to high stress in some people. Diffferent locations have different guidelines, but all follow loosely based rules
Great Place to work
Baker/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 4, 2018
Fast pace but laid back so that it doesn't become overwhelming. The coworkers and managers are super relate able and its a fun environment to be around.
Bar hours without bar pay
Assistant store manager (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 24, 2018
Working here is very much like working for a bar but without any of the benefits of restaurant life and a lot less pay. Open until at least 3 am every day and dealing with drunks all night make for a long shift. Staff also seems to be able to do whatever they want without consequence as my Manager has attempted to fire 3 people who needed to go in order to help the store and all 3 were overturned by the Director of operations.
eh
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MIAugust 14, 2018
It was just a college job so I did not really care to much about it. I mainly liked it because I was working with friends and was able to balance school work and work.

Want to know more about Insomnia Cookies?

Ask a question
Easy job during college
Morning Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Muncie, INAugust 6, 2018
Not much to review. You sell cookies and ice cream. During the day it was extremely slow. Maybe saw 10 customers a day. Night time it is crazy busy. But i worked alone and had no complaints.
Great
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 3, 2018
Working for Insomnia is awesome and It fits in line with people looking for work-life balance. It can be a bit stressful but people and procedures are in place to help with the stress
Do not work here
Daytime Manager (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJuly 31, 2018
It is by far the worst establishment. I dont write bad reviews but this one takes the cake.I cannot believe they make you wast 150 characters just so say how bad this place is.
Not too great, but not too bad
Baker (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJuly 26, 2018
To quote my trainer, "it's just cookie," however, this attitude, although true, can be really annoying if everyone working isn't on the same level of "lax" versus work. I found myself picking up the slack of others due to this attitude.
Pros
One free cookie per shift
Cons
You won't get good hours unless you're a shift leader, and come Summer time your hours will be almost non-existent
Great culture
Manager (Current Employee) –  Amherst, MAJuly 24, 2018
Productive place to work at. You gain a lot of knowledge and experience working there. A lot of opportunity to grow in the company. Easy job all you have to do is be on top of your tasks.
Best Job Ever
Shift Lead/ Baker (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 19, 2018
While working at Insomnia Cookies i grew to love working with customer service. i myself am a very down to earth person and my location was great for me because it was in the heart of a whole bunch of colleges and bars. so i had a lot of easy nights working there. they worked really well with my schedule as a student and working a whole other job as well. My managers were great i had some awesome coworkers too. the only thing that i wasn't so crazy about was not knowing my big bosses. i didn't like that we never met him. other than that this job was one of my most favorites.
Great place great manager bad pay
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTJuly 18, 2018
My manager was excellent, but they didn’t pay the drivers enough. Even with tips the wear and tear on my car out weighed what I was paid. I enjoyed my experience and it was very laid back, but overall I needed something that I could do full time that would compensate me properly.
Pros
Great to work for, relaxed, low stress
Cons
Not enough pay
Average Job For Teen
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Evanston, ILJuly 16, 2018
It's like anywhere else you work in terms of food. Get cool with the manager and you're good. Whether you enjoy working with your coworkers doesn't matter because you work alone throughout the shift which is nice.
Pros
Solo work with customers, Easy job
Cons
No breaks
Meant for college students, little chance to advance
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCJuly 5, 2018
If you want a company to grow with, Insomnia is great to teach you the basics, but not willing to invest in its' current employees. They would rather offer a $2000 sign on bonus for a general manager than to promote a qualified employee. Perfect for someone who has never had a job, or a college student trying to get a few extra bucks.
what i learned
Shift Leader/ Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington, DC 20018July 2, 2018
they help me to improve my customer service and my manager skills, after a couople of months being delivery driver they give you the opportunity of grow and go up in the company

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Insomnia Cookies. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

1.9InHerSight Score

1.5Personal Development

2.2Career Opportunities

2.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight