Insomnia Cookies

Insomnia Cookies Employee Reviews

United States620 reviews

insomniacookiedeliverydriverbakerstoreshiftbaking

Got Some Issues

The environment and fellow co workers are fun and great working with. Management, however, does NOT care about any of their employees it seems. Stores with broken ovens, improper equipment and so forth that corporate says will be fixed ASAP but months later the oven is still broken.

Decent for younger kids

I was a driver at insomnia and it was okay for a while but after about a year I was over the job. specifically Insomnia Hyde Park was extremely unprofessional and unorganized.

Insomnia Cookies insights

Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Fair pay for job

Horrible Management

Seriously the worst job i’ve worked as a food industry employee. The work here isn’t hard at all but it’s the management that lacks the compensation for accountability and leadership. When a higher up isn’t demonstrating the way they want tasks to be done it makes it difficult for the employee to do tasks efficiently and correctly. If you want to work here you need to watch out for yourself to not be taken advantage of by higher ups.

Pros

free cookies

Cons

literally everything elsewhere

The most basic and somehow poorly run food service job you'll work

If you're desperate for a job, sure. But there's better options. It can be an easy job as an insider or a driver but corporate is clinically out of touch and it's the typical kind of food chain you'd expect including all of the existential wondering of why you're even at a job like this.

Money over Health

The job itself, isn't bad at all. I loved working at my location. But they then replaced management and wrote new policies. They made it obvious they care about sales wayyy more than your well-being. They don't have your back as an employee, your health isn't something they care about, the customer is always right and you're wrong. Even if you are yelled and threatened by customers, they see it as your fault. When it's their policies that are making things difficult for everyone. They just care how many hours they can squeeze out of you. They need to care more about their employees, we aren't robots.

Pros

Free Cookies

Cons

Short breaks, Micromanaging, Bad Management, Stressful work Environment

Loved my coworkers, hated the hours

When I started at insomnia, I was working 20hrs, which went down to 14, and then down to 7. Since I was working nights, it just didn't feel like it was worth traveling to work once a week. My coworkers were wonderful though!! No complaints about that.

Don’t be recommend

Very very unprofessional very low pay they do not care about there employees ….. yeah I wouldn’t recommend to anyone of my family members or friends.

Unprofessional and Disorganized

I worked at Insomnia Cookies for two years with two different managers and district managers. The last year of employment caused me so much stress that I had to finally separate from the company. I feel like the higher-ups that make decisions regarding the company have no idea what it is like to work in the actually stores. They add more flavors, systems, rules, and renovations and barely communicate it with the workers. Half the “improvements” they make don’t benefit the store and are very inconvenient. It is basically impossible to get ahold of someone higher up in the company because nobody answers emails. Switching my focus to people working in store, my location was severely understaffed. When I got hired there was 2 bakers, 5 shift leaders, at least 8 drivers, and my old manager. We were fully staffed, and because of that we had a great team that loved coming to work. We were able to run the store smoothly because everyone had a job to do instead of it relying solely on one person. When I left last week we had 5 drivers, 3 shift leads, 1 baker, and my new manager. I found myself working morning shifts completely by myself without a driver, baker, or my manager. My manager never worked a morning shift or scheduled a baker with me. I was doing the job of 3 people and it was becoming nearly impossible. I tried to work through major health problems just because my manager wouldn’t hire more people. Overall, all the friends I have met at Insomnia all agree that the company is exhausting to work at. I don’t recommend.

You can work when you want to!

The company was great to me during the pandemic. We dealt with a lot of turnover. But, it was a crazy time and it's just a reality that many small businesses face. This is a fun job. If I was younger, I would look into being a shift lead or manager because I think Insomnia has found it's niche.

Pros

There is A LOT to like here!

Cons

Heavy traffic in much of delivery area

fun place to work at not too stressful

A bad manager can ruin the whole job and last manager was god awful but it’s so much better now, good job for college kids not too stressful and you can take free cookies home which is super nice and it’s easy to move up in (from baker to shift lead for example)

fast paced environment with supportive coworkers

Although management was rocky when i first started, they really have made a lot of progress and changes within upper management that has seemed to work out and last. Coworkers are friendly and I've actually made a few good friends here. Upper management is supportive and helpful and they actually care about the job. Everyone does their part in making sure the store runs efficiently.

Pros

Free cookies, good pay, room to advance, downtime

Cons

late hours

Worst company ever! The free cookie isn't worth the mental abuse!

This is by far one of the worst companies I've ever worked for. They are very unprofessional, unpleasant, biased, and treat everyone as if they don't matter. All you are is a worker, this company wouldn't care if you are sick or experiencing a mental breakdown, all they care about is if there's someone there to sell those tasteless overpriced cookies. They don't give you a break when it's time for break and you are expected to spin miracles out of mistakes made by management. You will not matter as a human here. If you can find employment elsewhere, do so. But if you can't, get a few checks and leave.

Easy job

Management and bad coworkers made it a high turn over rate. It’s a great place to be a manager tho otherwise your just a body. There are no benefits or overtime.

Good short term employment

Insomnia is great for 20-30 hours a week if your store's labor allows. Very easy work load and rewarding if your customer service is great. Upper management will plateau you in your position if you're not consistently asking and inquiring for new positions. Very low retention of employees and rampant cronyism

Pros

Easy work load, fun, discounts

Cons

Employee retention, Hours, advancement opportunities

Easy but dramatic.

The work itself is easy and fun in my opinion but the management is bad and all anyone does is start drama and talk about each other. What you’ll end up going through isn’t worth the money to me.

innovative brand

life was good working with the brand, you cane make it to be what you want it to be. the benefits could have been better as well as the communincation.

Pros

growing

benefits

Good job for college students

Overall a very easy and enjoyable job. A typical shift for me would either be spent baking and traying cookies or packaging cookies for customers in front of the store. However, although the job is easy, it doesn't pay nearly enough. Definitely do not recommend working as a driver here because pay is even more inconsistent. Management is also unstable at times and is oddly picky with who they choose to hire and accommodate. Again, I recommend for college students who are looking to make extra money and not trying to live entirely off of this job.

easy

The job is really easy, great for college students or people that need free time outside of work. The only thing is hours are not guaranteed after sales decrease.

Nothing Special

Worked at a brand new location with a mass interview. High levels of dysfunction but management was great to work with. Store was a revolving door with employee retention.

Pros

Chill Environment

Cons

Low pay for drivers

Immature staff

Too much favoritism staff is very rude to me specifically and one commented on my looks which was very uncalled for also people like to assume things here

Pros

free cookies

Cons

short breaks too busy

Terrible

I would never recommend anyone to work here. It’s all fun and games in the beginning then they switch up and become very rude. They don’t accommodate employees at all.

Common questions about Insomnia Cookies

Answered by current and former employees at Insomnia Cookies

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Insomnia Cookies. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

2.3
InHerSight Score
1.8Personal Development
3.1Career Opportunities
2.4Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight