Insomnia Cookies
61Average

Insomnia Cookies Employee Reviews

United States403 reviews
I love this job, don’t get me wrong It’s great but the manager does not know how to schedule. You could ask for a day off MONTHS in advance and he wouldn’t bother to follow through with it. On top of that, he might claim that you getting paid a certain amount is due to experience and then he’d most likely lie when you bring it up. Manager seems to care more about not overworking himself instead of worrying about overworking his staff. The other coworkers in store are absolutely amazing They are all accepting and really great people
Small work space, you will bump into all of your coworkers all the time. Expect many escuxse me and sorrys. Company has no idea what they're doing, customer service is obsolete and stupid decisions are made all around. So many deals and such to get customers, but maybe they should lower the price of their low quality cookies. Management does not care about you, sets you up for failure and expects too much for how low they pay.
Pros
Nice coworkers via nepotism
Cons
Lax management, High turnover, Low pay
Work life balance is not something this job has. Also you barely get support from your directors and you basically are left on your own to figure things out.
I enjoyed my time and Insomnia Cookies and would recommend their marketing representative position to anyone who is capable of learning and adapting on their own. Must be very outgoing as well as extremely patient. I had a great time and learned a lot!
Pros
You make your own schedule and are free to be creative
Cons
Not much direction, sometimes you feel a bit lost, but management is always there to help get you back on track
This is a very nice place to work.
Plenty of shifts.

Lots of fun stories to remember.

The shift meal is awesome and has been a fun part of the job thus far.
Care to share?
Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.
Insomnia Cookies was a great job besides all of the health violations, terribly drunk and rude customers, poorly ran management and underpaying all of the staff including myself.
Pros
Money
Cons
Every thing about Insomnia Cookies
Wonderful experience working here at insomnia cookies for the most part it was a pleasure to bake cookies and deliver on George Town University campus and to the n
Serving and helping individuals in regard to Insomnia Cookies has allowed me to experience personal growth in relation to customer service, work ethic, and responsibilities.
working here is a fun, you have a lot of interaction with both your co workers and costumers. A typical work day consist of interacting with costumers in a positive way and baking cookies. I learned how to do inventory and how to bake the perfect cookie. The management is very understanding and the culture of the job is free flowing.
As a delivery driver I am fairly satisfied with the work I do; being a driver may be one of the easiest jobs I have ever had. Our particular store is not as busy as others so most of the time us drivers spend our shifts relaxing in the back of store and occasionally getting up to fold more boxes or take the newest delivery order.

While in-store workers are able to advance (Baker to Shift Leader) or gain raises over time, drivers are unfortunately not afforded the same opportunity. The pay scale makes it easy to make a decent paycheck if you're lucky enough to work the busy shifts in your store, but drivers who work day shift (like myself) are stuck with the base hourly pay. We do not receive raises or incentives.

Some of the most amazing coworkers I have had are at Insomnia Cookies. Our store has a welcoming environment to the point where our team of employees feels more like a family, even with our dysfunctional but lovable manager. Despite any negatives of the job, I would have a difficult time leaving my position due to how much I enjoy all my coworkers, as well as the easiness of job tasks.

However, be warned, this job will make you awfully sick of the smell and taste of cookies no matter how big your sweet tooth is.
Newtown Sq. office is very divided. Administration, Finance, Marketing, HR, and Research & Development are across the hallway from the Customer Service Dept. You have no access to that side of the office. They pamper you with food and small incentives to attract you to the job but don't tell you that:

1. Your hourly pay is determined by your availability. If you change your availability (no matter how long you've been there) it will change your rate of pay.

2. The stores are out of order, especially down South. Customers call in and complain about delayed or messed up orders daily. You'll often end up speaking with a rude store team member and be put through stress. In some cases, you will not be able to reach a store and end up calling the store manager or director (you'll have access to that info) and they may be rude to you. But guess what, try to complain about a manager being rude and your supervisor will tell you there's nothing that can be done about it.

3. You're put through stress because they under-staff their employee's purposely. Get ready to answer calls for 8+ hours straight. Over-time is only approved when they desperately need people, then you're allowed to work into overtime.

4. If you work 6 hours or less you get one 20 minute break. If you work 7-8 hours you get two 15 minute breaks which you can not combine into a 30-minute break. If you work 9+ hours you will receive two 15 minute breaks and 1-hour break unpaid.

5. There's an NYC office that the CEO and other members of the company work out of. No one in customer service works out of that
 - more...
Management was very messy. A lot of favoritism among the staff. Hours were distributed unfairly. Manager asked how I would like my hours and my response was that "I'm okay with anything." I was being flexible for the new manager seeing as they are new but they took my response as "Okay well I am going to only give you 6 hours total for the week while everyone else will get the regular 20 hour." Literally was just trying to be considerate. Not only that but another person at my work place as well only got 6 hours for that week only and it so happens to be that the only people of color there, at the time, are receiving 6 hours of work in that one week.
Also, the work load is not worth the pay, especially if you are a closer. Most nights you have to wash 10-12 trays as well as other cleaning duties by yourself. I would end up not leaving until 1-2 hours after closing.
Overall I’ve worked in worse environments but the communication between management and employees could use improvement . Fairly laid back but almost to a fault. Can be difficult keeping busy in slow traffic times
Was a very basic job, the task themselves were easy enough but the hours and teamwork were very lacking. Also i had no chance of advancment at the location i was at, and shortly after moved to a different city. Great first timer job, bad for a career.
Management and staff can’t be trust everyone backstabbing each other try’s to get each other fired old manager was cool new manager took over went to pieces and eventually he quit after everyone wants to do what they wanted call offs backstabbing
I had the most fun working here, we were a family and are all still really close eventhough we've moved on to different careers. Hands down I would accept another offer.
Pros
Fun fun fun
Cons
We closed at 3:30 am
This place was horrible with horrible people. I felt so overwhelmed woth anxiety bc of how rude tjey all were. If you did fit in there clique you basically are an outcast. So make sure if you apply you fit the category. Must play video games and be a mean terd. So sad bc I liked the job. Just not the people. Plus being shift lead under paid for the amount of excessive cleaning your responsible for
They lie to you from the start. A college student looking for a few hours a week is the only person who should work here. They tell you you'll make so much, that you'll advance and that it is a good company but that is a lie. They will promise you things and never give them to you and they will completely neglect you when you need help even if you put yourself out there for them at every given opportunity. I've seen them get rid of great employees for no reason because they wanted to help the store and the company did not want them to succeed. The staff is terrible and the director for this district does not want the store or the employees to succeed. They will work you to the bone and then when you need them they will pretend you do not exist. Empty promises and terrible management/planning are prime words to describe this company. They are children that only hire even worse children. The work is for 10 hours a day but most often more as you can't leave most of the time, the pay is not good and the benefits aren't great. The customers are rude and there is no free parking.
I love Insomnia Cookies! I am a Bike Delivery Driver in Madison,WI at the State Street location and it is amazing exercise and incredible for our environment. Many of the employees are incredible and super kind ! I really enjoy coming to work.
This place is great for the college student needing a job. Good hours, good pay, great management. I learned a bunch of life skills and job skills from this work place.
cellent company to work for! Fantastic business model! The interview process was simple. I dressed in khakis and a shirt about5 minutes early with a resume in hand. The store manager did the interview and it was very informal. We went over my experience and some questions about customer service. YheThe whole process took about20 minutes. The manager asked for a couple of days to verify information. Received a call to ask if I was still interested and if so, my first weeks schedule. Training took all of about half of a shift to familiarize myself with the company's smartphone app. As soon as I was, I was off and runnpoloshirt. S
Pros
Casual dress & good pay scale
Cons
Not enough hours & only way to communicate with corpate was thru e-mail. No phone number.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Insomnia Cookies. Our community is ready to answer.
2.8
2.8
Diversity score
out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Insomnia Cookies.