Insomnia Cookies logo

Insomnia Cookies Employee Reviews

3.2starWork-Life Balance

Found 446 reviews matching the search.See all 450 reviews

Great as a side job

It can be hit or miss , but the crew you work with can make the job easier and enjoyable. Compensation doesn’t match having to fulfill large catering orders.

Pros

Free cookies, cool people

Easy job, low pay, rough hours

The job itself is really easy, but shifts can vary from opening to closing so you have a horrible sleep schedule. Rushes are stressful if you are alone. Delivery drivers do nothing and make more money, so do that.

Pros

Free cookies

Cons

Low pay, weight gain

Good People, Not Good Company

The coworkers are great, the culture is great, and it was fun to be there. The problem is that the company doesn’t really want to compensate you for anything. The pay is low, I often had to specifically ask for materials I needed to do my job, and I (and my coworker) were expected to figure absolutely everything out (and move all the materials, which were often heavy) completely by ourselves, which made it very stressful for a job that pays little AND limits you to 5 hours a week. I also felt like my personal life was being exploited for marketing reasons as a natural side effect of being given no direction on where/when/how to market.

Pros

Free cookies, good coworkers

Cons

Low pay, little direction, no mobility

Absolute best coworkers and work environment you find in the state of Alabama!

I loved each and every one of my coworkers and never ever had an issue with anything ever! The work environment was very relaxed and new skills were easy to learn. Delivering to businesses or sororities/fraternities almost always promises great tips! I was free to go get lunch or snacks when I needed and genuinely became friends with the people there. I was able to learn the layout of the city like the back of my hand.

Pros

free to get lunch, some down time

Very easy job

As a delivery driver, its the easiest job you will ever do. If there are no current deliveries, you get to either hang out in the lobby, your car, or make cookies boxes in between. Low effort job.

Pros

Free cookies. No real work

Cons

Nothing really

Share your experience

Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.

Average place if you just want extra cash in your pocket

Been here a year now, and it all still feels the same. People come and go all the time, most of the time, they from the area. Few times, we get people who have never been inside a Insomnia Cookies place and they say it smells delicious.

Pros

Discounts on cookies

Team Member

This location is absolutely terrible and has lazy employees. The manager is always absent and only comes in at the end of shifts. The shifts are long with no defined breaks. If you are a hard worker, do not bother with this job as you will end up doing all the work.

Delivery driver

Independent contractor work is terrible. Management was literally 21 years old and in charge of four stores. Hours are terrible. Co-workers were cool. You do nothing but drive.

Best company I have ever worked for. Great environment, great coworkers, great quality goods.

I have been working at Insomnia for over 7 months now. I started as a delivery driver- was given the hours I wanted, plus so much flexibility with scheduling around school. The manager has made sure we are in a safe and fun environment and always puts our best interests first. I recently got promoted to in-store staff as a shift lead and the transition was nice. Our store thrives on good quality cookies and service. I am blessed to be a part of this team.

Pros

Free cookie each shift, free 6 pack each week.

Cons

Wages could be better

Productive with decent hours.

It’s fun and the hours are decent when you first start. The pay is good too and the business be booming. The customers are always nice coming in the shop to order cookies.

Pros

Free cookie

Cons

Short breaks, always busy

Jobs at Insomnia Cookies

See more jobs
Baker/Front Counter (City)
Washington, DC
8 days ago
Ready to apply? Get help updating your resume through Indeed

Terrible management

The assistant manager was demanding and often mean when it came to schedule adjustments or sick days. Some of the other employees didn't care about their jobs so I was often left doing all of the work and the customers were just awful. They ignored covid restrictions and would throw a tantrum if their order of 50 cookies + a cake wasn't out within 4 min of them placing the order. The job itself asked too much of one person at times.

Pros

Decent pay, often free time to do homework

Cons

Demanding hours if you're a shift lead, bad customers.

Extremely laid back

So the manager of the store would change the schedule half way through the week and would expect you to know she changed it. Also she would constantly talk badly about other employees

Pros

easiest job in the world

Cons

everything execpt the money

Wasn’t the best place

Very overworked and there’s were never enough people on shift. Don’t recommend...especially with Management who don’t do a single thing and throw the work on you

Great delivery driver job but not perfect

People who work there the longest get the most hours. Worked at different stores and management almost completely differs store to store. More benifits such as payed time off and sick time compared to other companies for delivery drivers.

Pros

Mostly laid back, good pay, good benifits

Cons

No free water while working just 1 cookie, Sometimes very unrealistic expectations from the way higher ups in company I.E. driver times, Reduced hours in summer and winter

Horrible work place, wouldn't recommend

Wouldn't apply, Las Vegas location lacks structure and accountability, new management does not care about employees unless you're buddy buddy with her. Staff can be lazy at times, and the place is absolutely filthy, very rarely do they clean the restrooms and everything is done so half will. People like to take their time doing deliveries, like to take smoke breaks while on the clock, lack personal hygiene and cleanliness in the store as a whole.

Pros

Cons

Dirty, no accountability, lacks structure, find a job somewhere else

Corporate does not care about their workers or their safety

Corporate doesn't seem to care that much about workers and more specifically driver's health and safety. Seems like corporate tries to spend as least money on their workers as needed when it comes to uniform and equipment quality.

Horrific management

If you are looking for a place where you’re work goes unnoticed and where the rules are dictated by a singular “man” on a day to day basis then this is the perfect job for you. Insomnia cookies works it’s employees to the bone in unacceptable working conditions. This is not the job for you do yourself a favor and work anywhere else.

Pros

Free cookies

Cons

Unacceptable, unappreciative management, with a very violent work environment, little to no help from HR or any “higher ups

If you’re seeking a professional and organized workplace this is not the job.

Working at Insomnia left much to be desired. You aren’t properly trained in any of your duties. Coworkers were lazy and seldom did their job. The couple that did do their job shouldered the weight of everyone else. Management is a joke to say the least, unorganized, showed blatant favoritism, petty, childish and unprofessional in ever sense of the word. There are no benefits to working here and the company itself only seems to care about you if you’re a MIT/Assistant manager or higher, otherwise you’re disposable. Pay was decent compared to other jobs around. Large turnovers and firing is commonplace. Micromanagement is HUGE, down to being constantly monitored on camera. They firmly believe in the customer always being right, so if there is an issue don’t expect to have a say in the matter or even being able to defend yourself, they simply do not care.

Pros

Free 6 pack of cookies a week, free cookie a shift

Cons

No set breaks, responsibility isn’t equal amongst staff, no guaranteed hours, no benefits

Great Co-workers, Awful Management

Working there is super casual. Everybody is friendly with each other and the attitude is pretty laid back.The only downside is management will screw you over. They have zero respect for you or your time and will call you in to work 2-3 hour shifts once a week.If you ask for more hours they'll blame you for not being "enthusiastic" enough about working there despite only getting 3-4 hours a week.Management will schedule you to work a closing shift on the weekends and schedule only one other person with you for the entire shift then complain when customers yell at them about us being out of stock of certain items.Do not apply here, you will hate it.

Pros

Great Co-workers

Cons

Everything Else

Good cookies but no life

Cookies are amazing but once working here you will have no life. They expect you to do everything. Its unfair. Pay sucks. Wish they cared about managers having a life

A fun job with great pay for a college student.

As a shift lead, my job was mainly baking the cookies and filling the orders. I was in charge of the delivery drivers and any additional baker that might be working the shift with me. There are specific rules and procedures for how to bake, when to bake, etc. It was very easy to follow and if I did every have any questions, my manager was always just a phone call away. She always answered or called me back ASAP. She even came in on her days off if we got slammed.The weekends and night shifts are super busy since we're located right between the bars and the University. Drunk kids and annoying people, but happy for the most part since they're buying cookies. I worked mostly Sunday opening shifts and ended up doing lots of general cleaning and stock lists. Was very chill and not at all micromanaged as long as you got everything done.Lots of college students as employees, so it was a very friendly environment. Plenty of time to chat during shifts and plenty of interesting customers to chat about.Shift leads are also responsible for stopping at the bank to make deposits and get change if it's needed. Not a big deal though. If you're responsible, sometimes they offer extra shifts at nearby locations that need help.

Pros

One free cookie every shift, employee discount, fun work atmosphere, good management.

Cons

Annoying customers, eating one cookie every shift makes you gain weight.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Insomnia Cookies. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Ratings from women

2.5
InHerSight Score
2.0Personal Development
3.1Career Opportunities
2.3Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight