Insomnia Cookies

Insomnia Cookies Employee Reviews

Great side job
I love working for this company. The work atmosphere is always laidback and more like a family. The work is pretty simple and straight forward for drivers and bakers. A lot of downtime so you can study or catch up on ya Netflix shows. Only downside is there is really a lot of hours for drivers as there is about 10 of us and about 4 working per day. So you’ll get Atleast 25 hours sometimes 30 at best but always subject to change. So it s the perfect job to ya main gig for extra cash and no stress. Plus you get to eat delicious cookies
The young and outstanding Employees
Love it! Very simple job, easy tasks. As MGR, I would welcome new faces, or old that had an issue before. Let us show you the true meaning of Insomnia Cookies
Absolute Worst
I know on the surface it looks like a great job but it's not. Let's start with the fact Management is directed to make people quit around the 1 year mark, if there's any kind of issue good luck getting it resolved. They think your on call, I'm sorry I'm not a cop The pay is not that great, thanks to poor management tips and orders are way down. Repeat stay away, save your self
Pros
A cookie a day
Cons
Management, Pay, atmosphere, no help for employees when issues arises
Delivery
My time being at insomnia was a well time there , the management was amazing, the customers were really nice , a lot of familiar faces make the experience of working there much better & I really enjoyed doing the deliveries.
I really enjoyed working at Insomnia. It was a great place to work, but the hours were too long for me and I eventually looked for work with less hours per day.
Your experience matters.
Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.
Great place to work as a driver, they care about their deliveries
I had a great time working at Insomnia, delivering is pretty easy with the app, and even new people could quickly learn the few ins and outs of the job. You didn't really have to do too much at the shop other than a task or two aside from delivering. Our shop manager was great and super understanding when asking for days off and swapping shifts with others was very easy (not through some online system).
Overall great job that paid well and we were able to keep all cash tips we were given. Making people happy delivering their products in the dead of night feels good.
Dont work here! Do not work here!
I have never worked for a company that was so into saving their selves ! The manager of our store is 19 years old and is more into making friends than being a manager. 90% of the people I worked with were liars and when trying to prove my innocence, my manager was also lying to our DM about the employees she didn't like. I was a closing shift leader and the manager regularly left me without a baker to close with, which meant I didn't close the store till 4-5am ! After 2 months of being treated like a donkey, I was poaches by a neighboring business, less hours and less money, but I am definitely happy again.
Overall not a bad job
This job was a great middle ground between biking for a living and having structure. We sat in the store and waited for deliveries. This is not the ideal job because im used to be being on my feet all day and moving.
Pros
Good structure
Cons
Far from home
Division within company
Call Center is located on the other side of the building, separated from the remaining staff/,departments. Call center staff aren't invited to "staff" functions. Call center staff receive left overs from all events held on the other (upper) side. Call staff aren't extended invites to annual out of state staff retreats. Call center staff's break room is nothing compared to other sides. Very uncomfortable work environment.
Fun Place to Work
Very nice place to work people are very friendly and very inclusive. The hardest part about my job would probably be dealing with difficult customers.
Loved this place!
As just starting I was offered to learn the basics of being a shift leader. As I grew with the company, I learned how to not only take care of my customers. I learned to take care of my store, and learned all the rules, the inventory, the paperwork, etc.
Great job
Lexington KY has an awesome team. The manager is amazing and great to work with. The employees are, for the most part, accepting of everyone who works there.
Fun environment, iffy management
Overall, I had a great crew at both the stores I worked at. The tasks were simple, and most everyone worked just as hard to make sure the store was well taken care of. All three managers I had supervising me were friendly and somewhat firm. Unfortunately, a couple of them were quick to pick favorites. It was obvious when you were a favorite or not because you got away with not pulling your Weight. Another issue between stores and managers was the nonconformity. There are certain rules insomnia sets, but every manager has their own preferences for other tasks. Between each manager, I was contradicted on what was right and wrong.
Horrible company
Horrible company to work for. Management sucked. Not worth putting the miles and damage on your car. Looks past illegal activities being done. Was ok with employees personally purchased raw meat being put in the freezer with the raw cookie dough.
Good place to work if you're going to school.
Great environment.
Coworkers are friendly.

Management was very helpful.

Good pay and tips.

Your car needs to be kept in good condition if you plan on doing this long term.
Pros
Wifi, San Marcos is pretty small so it was easier to deliver to multiple locations in a short time.
Cons
Long wait time between deliveries sometimes.
Terrible experience
Stores are always understaffed so they will overwork you. I've done closing shifts 6pm-3am by myself with no break. Getting your sick/vacation time approved is always a hassle. If someone is sexually or verbally harassing you, good luck getting HR to do anything about it.
Fun job
Very fun environment and the ability to receive a discount in cookies is always a plus! Delivery’s are determined by the online system however if you pay attention you are able to receive better deliveries and receive better tips. Knowing the location and being able to navigate depending on the traffic of the day is a plus.
This job sucks.
This job is ok for a set amount of time but not one to keep all year round. There isnt any advancement in this position either. There isnt that much flexibility in scheduling too.
An awful experience, overall.
Things are pretty relaxed here, which is appealing at first but I realized rather quickly that it's to the company's detriment. The management, both in store and corporate, are just awful to put it simply. They are either incompetent at best, or neglectful at worst. I don't recommend working here unless you're a college student looking for something short term to get some money. Over time, the frustration becomes too much to bear and begins wounding your mental health. This is not just my opinion, but the opinion of everyone I've worked with here in the last 2 years who actually cared about the store and tried to do a good job. There is no reward for doing well, and no consequences for doing wrong. It is extremely disheartening to try your best, show up every day and take care of your responsibilities, only to watch everyone else get away with doing close to nothing.
Easy job
The job itself is easy and there is a lot of down time. The money is not great, so it is not the best job for someone who is seriously in need of money.
Good job, money comes and goes with the students.
Work here is simple and normally steady. Make your moneyoff tips. Up when students are in school, down when on break and vacation time. Flat hourly rate when not busy.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Insomnia Cookies. Our community is ready to answer.
2.8
2.8
Ratings from women
2.5
InHerSight Score
2.0Personal Development
3.1Career Opportunities
2.4Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight