Insperity

Clear
3.8Pay & Benefits

Insperity insights

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Energizing work tasks
  • Trust in colleagues

Great Company however dont go out on an extended LOA

worked for the company for freaking 10 years first time ever during my tenure with the company was only able to return part time and they freaking terminated me smh! Cant trust them!

Benefits

Cons

work overload

I don't hate it here!

Never uneventful and always on the move! Daily tasks given no matter the shift. The holidays off are also great. The staff is kind and always willing to help each other out.

Pros

Good Insurance plans, Great holidays off

Great local team

I enjoyed my tenure at Insperity, I learned a lot about human capital and the importance of a comprehensive benefits package. Employees are the heart of every business.

Pros

Good base salary!

Cons

Telemarketing

Great place to work if you get into the right departments

Insperity has a great benefits package but the culture is strictly dependent on the department. Unfortunately many departments fall short from the culture that is verbalized throughout the company on a daily basis.

Pros

Great benefits. Good people at the ground level.

Cons

Managers take a major hand-off approach to their staff to the point where they are absent most times

Great benefits but favoritism

Training is not existent. They just throw you in and expect you to know everything. They encourage questions but then are annoyed that you’re asking them.

Pros

Health insurance

Cons

Favoritism, mandatory OT

Entry level

Basically a well paid telemarketer . Training is very sales 101. No real room for advancement. If you don’t have strong broker relationships forget it. Really hard to make money here. Regretted the move right away. Position was misrepresented.

Pros

Higher than average base salary.

Cons

Terrible commission plan…better off going elsewhere with lower base so you can make $$

The only redeeming quality of that place was meeting 3 really good people

I was there for almost two years. Toxic leadership from top to bottom. Absolutely horrible. If I told a handful of stories that I personally witnessed and lived through, most reading this wouldn't believe it.I worked in sales and it was an absolute disaster. What you are selling (HR outsourcing) sounds sexy, sounds like it's something every small business owner would want, right? Here's the brief history and breakdown. There was a time where PEO's could save small to mid-size businesses a TON of money on employee benefits. In fact the savings were so substantial that, after calculating the savings on benefits and then adding Insperity's admin fee (around $250.00 per employee per month) there was a net savings for the business owner. Pretty much a no brainer. Well folks with all the changes in medical insurance and employee benefits over the last 7-8 years, that arrow has been effectively removed from the quiver.Want to know the three areas the small to midsized business owner never wants to talk about, think about or deal with (unless there is a HUGE dumpster fire that requires their immediate attention)? 1. Human Resources, 2. Benefits, 3. Payroll. Guess what you're attempting to sell and it ain't cheap. Now, if you have a close personal friend or family member that is willing to do you a favor and come on board, you'll survive the first year. If not you will work your guts out just to get a decent appointment and then the challenge of the sales process begins to present itself. (By the way, the typical sale from point of contact to close is 12 months and then you start -

Pros

Free lunches when in the office, and I met a few wonderful people who refused to compromise their values.

Cons

I listed out a few in my narrative but I promise that's just a sample.

Great Workplace

Truly an amazing place to work! Compensation and benefits are great. Workplace culture is unlike anywhere else; they really care about their employees.

Amazing Culture, Seniority Based, Feelings Over Results

If you are looking for a place for a truly amazing culture that values their employees and rewards seniority Insperity is your place. People are so incredibly nice High Energy, High Performers may get frustrated since they are very careful to not hurt feelings causing progress to move slow. In established roles (payroll, HR, benefits) Insperity has it down to a science and this is not as big a problem. In technology, consulting and training they are falling behind competitors. Promotions are steady but more seniority “wait your turn” based rather that results based.

Pros

Culture, work/life balance, upper management, field management, payroll, Hr, benefits

Cons

Seniority Based, Feelings Valued over Results, middle management, technology

Productive and friendly

Work-life balanceWork-life balance at Insperity is 50/50. Certain times of the year work takes priority. Other items it’s perfect.Pay & benefitsMy pay and benefits at Insperity were amazing.Job security and advancementIn terms of job security at Insperity, I felt everyone was treated as they are replaceable.

Wish I could go back

I only left Insperity to pursue an international career which lasted five years. I did try to come back and applied for many opportunities but unfortunately never made it to the final choice. They are an excellent company to work for and have wonderful Benefits!

Leadership cares about their employees!

The leaders of Insperity are epic! They genuinely care about their employees! The concern they displayed during hurricane Harvey will forever be an awesome memory that they care! I am forever thankful to have worked for a company that cares! God bless Insperity!

Pros

Benefits, Pay, Upper Leadership

Cons

Poor Supervisor

Senior Management is great, very supportive!

I loved working at Insperity, clients were great and senior managers were very supportive. Middle management did not have the same vision and values for employees as senior management. Client base was to high to achieve the care clients deserved.

Pros

Work life balance, benefits & senior management values.

Cons

Pay was low, client base to high

Great Company

Really great company to work for with plenty of benefits. Supportive management, work from home opportunities. Warm atmosphere and plenty of opportunity to advance.

Good company.

I loved getting up to go to work. Every day was different and unpredictable. I especially loved the environment and culture the company was part of.

Pros

Great benefits

Cons

I did not feel all members of management were in par with the team members.

Great place to work. Great management team. Benefits are pretty good. They give back to the community through out the year. They are very concerned with customer satisfaction. .

I enjoyed my time at Insperity. Great company and culture with good compensation. They give you time to ramp up but aren't afraid to cut people loose if they don't make sales or show growth.

Loved every day I came in.

I worked here as an intern and would have been made full time if not for the fact that I had to go back to finish 1 more year of college. I can't really talk about benefits too much since I was just an intern, but one thing that I really liked about Insperity is how much the company hates laying people off. The work I got to do I really enjoyed, and literally every single person I interacted with was extremely nice. They also have a company wide "hack-fest" where you can sign up to work on projects for two days that people submitted. I participated and it was a blast. Another plus was unrestricted access to the coffee machines, I could drink as much coffee for free as I wanted. It was good coffee too, with a lot of varieties available.

Great benefits, poor management, tough start.

Insperity will make you work yourself to the bone. Starting out is ALL cold calling unless you want to sell to your own personal connections(which they will try to entice you to). They compensate very well, and the benefits are about as good as it gets. If you like cold calling, it would be worth it. Management is 100% dependent on location so it can be hit or miss.

Needles in the bathroom and guards patrolling the building filled with excons. Come ready to fight!

Come if you are desperate and like to work in a freezer. This is a warehouse that has to keep food at a certain temp. Forget about employee health and safety.

Give it a shot it could be perfect for you

If you want to manage ALL aspects of a sales process but with high demands then this may be the job for you. The highest earner with 15+ years internal sales experience received over a million dollars in compensation. Clearly with this kind of earning potential requires a very special person that fits the company needs in a very special way but you never know if it might be you. Be ready for an intense experience.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Insperity. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
3.1Personal Development
3.6Career Opportunities
3.7Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight

Compare Insperity with

• Insperity
  • Pay & Benefits
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?