Instacart Shoppers

Instacart Shoppers Employee Reviews

United States1,852 reviews
Found 1,852 reviews matching the search
Featured review
Instacart Shoppers selected this as a representative review
I do it for the people! I need time to be a mom, woman and friend. Shopping can take more time than I care to spend away from the things I enjoy most therefore I choose to shop and deliver to others to give them back their time! Everything is flexible and the allows me to work part time without a pay cut to meet financial needs of my family. Thanks Instacart!
Pros
Flexible, meeting new people, pay
Cons
I’m located in an on demand area so orders are at random.
The company itself is very fowl Id maintained a majority 5 star rating. And Instacart deactivated my account after penalizing me for things that were out of my control. I did more batches and the cancellation rate stayed the same. Also on several occasions , instacart had glitches in their system in which they were contacted and customers cancelled orders and they put it toward my cancellation rate after I was told it wouldn't, They added cancellations where it was out of my control and denied my appeal. Very very unfair I cannot believe how shady they are....
Pros
The job itself
Cons
Instacart's shady practices
Flexible scheduling , great pay by deliveries. We just don’t get paid by the hour . We get paid per batch. We can cash out our tips instantly, but the remaining would get paid every Monday.
Pros
Get Tips instantly
Cons
Some location be too far and not very much pay offered.
I have overall mixed feelings about instacart. Yes, It is flexible but at the same time can be really inconvenient. I feel the pay isn't the best because I use all my earrings just for gas to get the deliveries done. If you want to be an Instacart shopper you have to be quick on your feet and look often for the best batch for you.
Pros
you can work whenever you have free time. (if the right batch is ready)
Cons
the pay isn't amazing just average.
I have been work with Instacart for 1 year and I really do enjoy my job. I love that I have the flexibility to work whenever I want. I love that I get to shop for variety different people.
Pros
Flexibility to work when you want.
Would you recommend working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
During the early stage of Covid-19, instacart was desperately in need of shoppers to meet the demands of their customers. They started to remove bad ratings and offer high paying batches to shoppers. Once your rating is below 4.5, you barely see good batches, rather batches no one wants to shop for. They don’t have telephone where you can call and speak to someone when issues or concern arises. This is not a company to work for.
I enjoy working for them the pay is phenomenal and I run into a lot of employees that are helpful and nice and I enjoy the customers they are very respectful. Most joy of all is I work from my car. How cool is that!!! My favorite thing to do since I could talk was drive and now I get to get paid for doing what I love the most and that’s drive.
Pros
Pay outs are truly good
Cons
Tips could be better
Your success is tied to the rating you get from a customer. This is done without any kind of review from instacart. I think is absolutely absurd! While I agree that the customer should have a voice to express their pleasure or dissatisfaction, i believe it should not be tied to how assessing batches by the shoppers.
49 5 star rating and a 1 star rating from an unhappy customer brings the shopper down.

It is ridiculously stupid as far as am concerned.
Pros
Chose your own time to work.
Cons
Sucess is tied to customers ratings.
The hours flexibility can't be beat. Everyone deserves to be paid more. But instacart- workers are straight placing their own vehicles at risk daily. You use your own vehicle everyday and pay for your own gas. So the 10 dollars an hour you get for grinding very hard for little money doesn't pay off with the oil changes and the gas and the stress of working around people who are driving all day too. But for someone who traveles as much as I, this job works for me. Thanks
Most orders are $7 to drive to the store, shop, take pics, replace items, stand in long lines, load & drive to customer & unload for a very low pay...
Is basically like being your own boss. Make your own hours between 7Am to 8 Pm. Take a off day if you like and money is constant because everyone needs groceries.
Pros
Get paid fast
Cons
Wish I could do it at night.
They are good company to work for all
Depends on how fast you are shopping for customers and get it to them

Delivered.. the good is you could withdraw what you make a Day the bad you have to pay taxes every 3-6 months to state...which I don’t like It would be nice if they they out the taxes on every delivery you do...
Pros
Withdraw the earnings the same day
Cons
The bad is not taking taxes out for every delivery you make
This job definitely helps when it comes to extra income, but is not suitable for a full time job. The quality of the job is fair but there is no set price when it comes to how much you will make per week.
I have been doing instacart for over a year now. When I started you had to schedule yourself and that quickly changed to on demand. They also changed their system to where your rating effected your available orders. It’s great and flexible, but there is an overwhelming number of shoppers that it had forced me to look elsewhere.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Too many shoppers unfair wages
Instacart deactivated my account because we have to take pictures prior to looking at an order. I loaded my picture 3 days straight with them telling me it’s not me! So they deactivated my account. Whatever system their using isn’t accurate and it a waste of time! I’ve tried to contact customer service and they told me my account was ok and nothing was wrong but now it’s deactivated. They don’t even know what’s going on in customer service. No one is around to help when you need it. Please don’t consider this a job because it’s not. It’s a waste of time to waste your gas and mileage doing this. Because it don’t pay off in the end. I’m a 5 star rating deliver and this nonsense isn’t worth it.
Pros
Work when you want
Cons
App isn’t legit, Customer service doesn’t help or fix the issues, can’t reach upper management
I enjoyed working for Instacart until for some reason a customer order declined .I then used my personal bank card (which now I know was a big mistake)to purchase the batch thinking that it wouldn't be a problem getting reimbursed from Instacart., A few days later, I was in shocked to see that they had deactivated my account without reimbursing me my money They are horrible people.
Pros
Wotk when you want.
Cons
Low pay for all you have to do.
I only recommend if you need extra cash or don’t have a job because you basically work when you want. Customer service is non-existent you only can chat and they are usually scripted and never know what they are talking about. Pay is terrible, the minimum they pay out is $7 and it could be more depending on the area, how far you are driving and the location of the store.
Pros
Decent pay if you wait for the good batches
Cons
Long lines & driving distance since the coronavirus
I love Instacart, as I still work Instacart as my only job as of right now. I love it because I can go at my own pace, Just what I love. I don’t have to completely rush but can’t be extremely slow. Very low human contact.
Pros
You can go at your own pace
Cons
Not always good batches
very easy job & very easy to catch on too and you can be your own boss and make your own hours items were very easy to find nothing was too hard & very time consuming & good for exercise .
Pros
make your own schedule
Cons
far driving
I liked my job until they screwed me over. I had to deliver a batch to an address that was on there instacart Google maps and when I hit the navigate button they sent me to the wrong address and for that deactivated my account with them with no full dispute consideration. They just plan out terminated me.
Pros
You can make your own schedule.
Cons
Dont go to the wrong address or you are fired.
You make and work your own schedule. It’s a good side job to have and you are always on the road traveling or in some type of grocery store or store getting groceries for customers.
Pros
Great Schedule
Cons
Pay
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Instacart Shoppers. Our community is ready to answer.
2.7