Happiness rating is 63 out of 100

• Support from manager
  • Sense of belonging
  • Supportive environment

Instacart

This company has continually lowered our pay to the point that it no longer pays to work here. Quality bonuses and incentives are now being removed. What is next.

Pros

Flexibility

Cons

Managemebt

Good company

Good company to work for. Always helping. Never have any issues. Fast service. The faster you go the more you make. Can log off and on ay any time to help with personal stuff.

Very Flexible

I like having the ability to get extra money by doing orders. This could be a full time job if you want. There are always orders in my area. Very easy work, anyone can do it.

Pros

Flexible schedule

Cons

Use your own vehicle

Always busy, fun staff!

I love working for Instacart, it's always fun, the staff is great and I get treated with such kindness. I was stung by a bee and I'm highly allergic, I had to leave and go to the hospital, my boss was very understanding and I got paid for that whole day!

Pros

2 10min paid breaks over 6hrs plus a 30min unpaid lunch. It's great!

Cons

It's only $12.50 an hour, when it gets busy, it's busy and we don't get our breaks, we run around the store like chickens with our heads cut off.

Work whenever you want, no set schedule

I love Instacart! It’s a great way to supplement your income. You can work when you want and only take orders you feel like doing! It’s great for someone who wants to make some extra money!

Pros

Work when you want

Cons

Not always busy so not dependable

Your experience matters.

Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.

Instacart

Great gig to make some quick money. I would recommend everyone at least sign up so they can make extra spending cash on the weekends of while the kids are at school.

Great for flexibility in my schedule

Great job for the in- between times. You make your own schedule and earn what you want and you’re essentially your own boss. The downside is wear and tear on your vehicle.

I like doing IC as a part time job.

I would like to some day try it FT and do it from 7 am to 4 pm. I wish it didn't do double batches, I can only do one batch at a time. I wish the pay was higher per delivery. If I was not afraid of driving in my new city, I would do more batches. In my old city I did more. Get insulated bags, save all your receipts, and get a portable phone charger.

Pros

Flexibility

Cons

Traffic

Flexible and fair pay!

I love that you can really create your ow schedule and pick what batches you want to do. Its kind of a hassle that there's not always batches available at the time you may be available but the compensation makes up for it at times.

Pros

fair pay

Cons

not many benefits

Fair company to work for!

Compensation could be better in terms of supporting the employees, PTO should be given more freely! There's a sense of transparency in the company but often times company does not follow this policy.

Jobs at Instacart

See more jobs

Flexible, Fun & Opportunity to make good money

I love working for Instacart as a full service driver. During the pandemic, I could make over $100 in just 4 hours. I made close to $1000 a week. I have learned how to navigate grocery stores in my area and choose the highest quality products. You must be good at communicating with customers through the app if you want to achieve the highest rating and make good tips. I've learned that you can never communicate too much.

Pros

Tips, choose your own hours

Cons

gas and mileage

Productive and fun workplace

i love instacart, i just recently started doing instacart a week ago and im already loving it very flexible my time. 👍fun to work. and im learning new things.

Some weeks are better than others

Some weeks you will make a killing with orders while other weeks when it's slow it is hard to get any orders at all unless you are very quick with the app.

Pros

Flexible schedule, be your own boss

Cons

Inconsistent income

Work&Life balance

Everything was easy about the job except you’d be filling your tank up a lot and it’ll definitely run some miles up on your vehicle. Other than that the job is great for like a side gig or just some extra pocket money.

Pros

Work when you want

Cons

Using your own vehicle

Shopper

Job is great, but the customers I feel don’t care or understand that you are also shopping for others clients at the same time during a certain batch which has 2 or 3 other customers. It may take a little bit longer. Sometimes the items are not available which is out of your control and finding the unit number in apartment complex can take some time. If you have a big order from Costco and you are going back and forth unloading, it can be physically draining and then, the client lowers your tip without explanation.

Pros

Flexible hours. Company is great to work for.

Cons

Customers don’t really care for the shoppers/delivery personal.

Easy enough; good compensation;

I enjoy choosing quality products for my customers. I also enjoy choosing quality replacements for customers when the chosen product is unavailable. Unfortunately, some of the shoppers have become bored and decided to turn it into a game. Customers beware. Future instacart shoppers be wary.

Pros

Helping others

Cons

People who think it's a competition

Make money on your own time

You make decent money if you opt to pick only certain batches. I try to do batches over $20 so my pay is better for the day. Or a little less with less than 10 items! If all shoppers did this we would get a better pay. If no one accepts an order Instacart will up the pay amount offered!

Pros

Work at your on pace and schedule

Cons

Alot of walking

Runs your car to death

Alright to do if you need money, but that's it. No customer service, get reviewed for stuff that's not your fault. I would not recommend this work for anyone that needs a career.

Great for working when you want.

Flexible hours any day of the week. When I started with instacart in February this year it was a great company to work for. Now, I realize instacart is for its customers only and does not seem to care about its shoppers. Guaranteed earnings have decreased and the amount of items to shop for has increased. I don't believe customers truly know what the shopper experience is like- I think they need to be made aware.

Pros

Work when you want/can.

Cons

Some customers don't respond to communication, some customers will initially post a set tip and will take it back once the order is delivered, batches are getting cheaper

was great before the pandemic

i worked for instacart full time for two years before the pandemic. pandemic started, it was amazing, every order had peak boosts and people were tipping well because they didn’t want to go out themselves. now? instacart hired anybody and everybody who wanted to work. they lowered the pay and the new workers don’t know how well we used to do and they take every terrible order, showing instacart that it’s okay to pay us like..you know. people don’t tip anymore and i don’t blame them really, i can’t imagine they get good service often. this job wasn’t just to make a quick buck, majority of the vets cared and wanted to give great service to earn those tips. company just went down the drain so fast, if you want to shop and deliver a whole grocery order for a family of 8 and get paid $7, be my guest.

Pros

work when you want

Cons

awful pay

Gig work

I would definitely not recommend doing this as a full-time job, the pay offs low unless your fast and it's a lot of wear and tear on your car. The other issue is that customers have 24 hours to change your top shop if they choose to they can reduce your tip.

Pros

Work when you want, pick your assignments, wear what you want.

Cons

Stressful at times, mediocre pay, it's hard to get a hold of support when you need them.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Instacart. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
Top 15%
In the Top 15% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Instacart.
Powered byComparably