Instacart
Information from Instacart:

Instacart Employee Reviews

United States125 reviews
Featured review
Instacart selected this as a representative review
Late stage tech
Instacart is everything I thought it would be, both good and bad. Similar to any high growth environment, there are constant time crunches with unrealistic expectations. I enjoy and dislike this at the same time :).
Absolutely terrible
Instacart is not reliable in customer support. They have poor compensation for the workers. If anyone has noticed they pay just about minimum wage so the salary varies in each area. Secondly, they are very inaccurate to show whether it's an apartment or a house we are delivering to. Third, they are quick to deactivate accounts. My account got deactivated for not delivering groceries to a customers door. After having a hard time finding someone to contact because I couldn't go through the instacart app, I could only get an email. I'm still waiting for a reply. I was able to find another link to request a reactivation of my account where I explained that I delivered the groceries. I don't understand why they would do this when there is a pandemic going on. I had a 5.0 customer rating and I've had alot of comment saying what a great job I've done. So why would I steal groceries. I have a 5 month I have to support with instacart as my only available income. Now they have put us on the streets and that is why they have a 1 star.
Unsupportive company
When COVID-19 started, they took down the function for shoppers to contact support on the app. The pay is very low and the "bonuses" just help you reach a little over minimum wage.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Low pay, little support
Work for the mood
I really like the work, but it’s very difficult to accept the order ... and the minus is that in Orlando they do not give the order for the eria, but give them all over Orlando and the suburbs, sometimes it takes 1 hour to get to the store.
Good Gig Job
Albeit, the declining pay rate due to an influx of hires, this is still a solid gig job and should return to the way it used to be after the coronavirus dies down.
What I did was improvise.
So according to statistics, instacart hires over 300,000 workers. You can only imagine the traffic and why you’re finding it hard to get batches. I was frustrated because I was only 4weeks into the job with a family of four. I heard some people use bots so I also found a way when I stumbled across Spiralxbinuclease via IG. I used their programmed bot app that auto selects batches right now and I can sincerely say it is the best.
pay scale is unacceptable
Pay is terrible and there is no loyalty to employees. constantly lowering pay scale. gets busier around holidays and the pay scale raises a little bit. too many shoppers to make full time job
Esto es una gran basura
Perdida de tiempo buscando lotes pues ellos se los dan a quien ellos quieren. Mala atención al cliente, la plataforma es malísima. Unos días atrás en un ALDI en Hialeah FL justo cuando finalice mi compra la app se bloqueó me vi perdido sin instrucciones y a 30 minutos de mi casa a las dos horas la aplicación se arregló y un estupido de ellos me llama para que complete la entrega por el mismo pago, perdí mi tiempo y mi gasolina ah e incluyendo los pagos de los toll
Be prepared
You need a strong self starting ability and an ability to keep motivated. This job requires you to be moving and walking most of the time. You need to be able to pickup orders and complete them within an hour.
eh
I dont want to complain. Got fired because supposedly customers didn't receive their orders . However it is just customers stealing from instacart and the employee, (myself) has to be stuck with the brunt. Well I got fired. Was fun while it lasted. I live in a van, have kids to feed, and a wife im seperated from so yeah.
It is bad
Robots are talking all the deliveries. I can't accept any delivery now and instacart didn't do anything about it. Since I am with this app.. I've never did any delivery.
You can make your own schedule you are self employed
Instacart is a great company to work for it's up to you to choose your hours and you also get to choose the stores you shop and delivery locations best for you. It's a great second job or second income for students or part time employees.
Tips are allowed to be changed up to 3 days AFTER delivery
Overall decent I feel the person doing both; shopping and delivering the customers groceries should receive more pay and the fact that instacart allows the customer to change tip amount up to 3 days after is INSANE
Great side gig!
Great to have as an extra source of income. Can have the flexibility you want. On demand constantly busy and on the go. Your your own boss. Pay can be a little better better but is doable.
Meh
Instacart has recently started accusing a lot of employees of stealing orders, but never provide proof and never ask those employees to provide proof they aren’t thieves.
Since the pandemic, pay has been cut significantly and the work has doubled. Customers are cranky and don’t understand stores really do have limits on meat and that they truly are out of toilet paper.
Use to be great and I hope it will change
Instacart does not need to higher anymore people. The batches are not distributed fairly. It is not fair to the people who help start Instacart. I am speaking of the people who started from 2014-2016. Also one more thing. People who just started Instacart in the last year or two need to take this job seriously, be presentable with the clothing they wear, and not shop with children, family and friends.
Zero batches available wasting your time
Impossible to get good batches because Bots pick them up. You end up waiting hours on end to find any batches. Customer service won't help you and clearly does not care about your well being.
Cons
terrible pay, hours wasted finding batches is enormous
Tu propio ambiente de trabajo
La aplicación es una buena manera de ganar dinero extra, pero desafortunadamente en los últimos tiempo la empresa contrato muchos shoppers y la cantidad de batches que puedes hacer al día se vio afectada. La atención al cliente (shopper) es pésima, nunca tienen una respuesta concreta.
Sucks
So if you like to risk your life for pennies go ahead . Customers appreciates when you can get all their items but if you can't you need to prove it by wasting time taking pictures or talking to the customer 7 dollars is not worth the effort and hazardous pay is non-existent
No career options in my area
No career options outside of CA. In the south & with lots of inflation in this area there should be more option for career growth but the isnt anywhere to g
Pros
weekly pay
Cons
no career options
WAS good pay, good hours, and then InstaCart got GREEDY.
My job started out being 29 hrs/week with always at least one other shopper on site to lend a hand if needed.

And then! They cut hours! They COMPLETELY stopped scheduling more than ONE shopper for ANY shift.

(Note: I spoke with some other leaders, the company was demanding this "one shopper on shift at a time" stuff)

So basically I got barely any hours, and to boot every shift I had I HAD THE PLEASURE of doing every single order during my shift with the bare minimum breaks! OH DID I MENTION: They upped our "shopping speed goals" to a ridiculous level for ONE person a SHIFT.

Both me and my partner ended our time at instacart with BLISTERS on the bottoms of our feet because our jobs were threatened if we didn't go fast enough.

Instacart is a greedy trainwreck. Don't use their service. Don't even think about working for them now. The worker lawsuits will surely claim the life of this company. And I will be glad.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Instacart. Our community is ready to answer.
2.8
Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP15%
In the Top 15% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Instacart.