Instacart
Happiness rating is 63 out of 100

Instacart Culture reviews

This job will make you drive literally everywhere. Sometimes the batches aren't even worth taking, because the items/miles vs pay is laughable. Some orders can take 2 hours of work with a payout less than $20. And I forgot to mention, the customers can always delete the tip in the next few hours if they so please.
Pros
Flexible schedule, independent, can cash out next day
Cons
Really competitive pay (not in a good way), unrealistic rating system/metric system
I like it. It’s nice.Great for extra pay. I recommend to college students, people who need extra cash, people who truly love to shop. I wish we got a discount off the service though.
Expect to be pass around to different managers & having to attend weekly meetings about the same work issues that kept occurring on a near daily basis. Must fit into work culture in order to keep job. Not as open minded as company projects itself to be.
Pros
Expanded on skills. Free weekly lunches, free snacks/drinks. Good view of the city.
Cons
Shifting managers, problems still persisted even after addressing with managers in weekly meeting. Favoritism.
Company culture theoretically is great. You’ll hear people talk the talk. But they’re getting an IPO and are cooking the books. They’ll trim labor whenever they can. They laid 1800 people off overnight, even though sales are up by 250% YOY. I’d be wary of investing any time into a company that doesn’t value its employees.
Pros
Flexible call off policy
Cons
No job security
I will say I love the flexibility! Pay depends on how hard you work and communicating with your customers is key, but sometimes the customer is not always available, so decisions on some items are solely on you. I would say that it is a competitive job and you can earn more if you are available for work! You definitely have to be prepared for shopping so when you get your first shop make sure you are geared up with not only mask and gloves but also a well charged phone, charger, and back up charger it can be frustrating when your phone dies! Believe me I've had it happen more than once. Also do not carry your purse or personal belongings while you shop get a fanny pack and a lanyard for your keys! And most importantly be friendly and communicate with your customers! They do appreciate that!
Pros
Pack a lunch, bring lots of water, Fanny packs, portable charger for phone or any devices
Cons
Short breaks, phone or device is not charging
Would you rate your company five stars?
Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.
I worked as an independent contractor for an employment agency, servicing as a Customer Care Professional for Instacart from 08/17/2020 to 09/20/2020 when Instacart ended their campaign with the employment company. A typical day at work involved receiving calls from customers who needed assistance with placing their grocery delivery orders, or needed to reschedule or cancel their deliveries, or needed to set up or cancel their Express Memberships. I learned how to de-escalate the situations where the customers were angry or frustrated because their shoppers quit shopping in the middle of the shopping trip and canceled their deliveries. I was able to comfort and encourage those who had ordered food but no shoppers had been assigned to the orders or the shopping had been pushed back time after time. Once I was able to help a blind man place his order for a week's groceries. I was able to log in as the customer and impersonate him. As he called out each item he wanted to buy, I found it and placed it in his cart, telling him the price and the weight of each item. When we were finished shopping, I told him the total cost of the order and he had me pay with the credit card he had on file. I did that and told him when to expect the delivery of his order. I really enjoyed doing this for him. It was an adventure. He said I was very patient and professional and helpful. While I serviced for Instacart, the leadership came from the employment agency that had placed me in this Customer Care Professional position with Instacart. They weren't always helpful, and often, when I had a problem - more...
Pros
I worked from home as an independent contractor, I planned my own schedule, I worked a minimum of 20 hours per week, I didn't have to work weekends unless I wanted to, I had a whole hour for lunch, I didn't have to order food at a restaurant, I ate at home.
Cons
Difficulty communicating with leadership, cursing customers, no supervisors.
Loved working there when I did but now the culture has changed and I’m glad I left when I did . Now the tips are not given to the shoppers in the app but can be left at a store for the shopper .
Pros
Independence
Cons
No direct tips
It’s a great place to work! I loved picking my own hours and the pay was great! I’d recommend working for instacart to anyone. You can work for just some extra cash or you can work full time!
The concept is great but the execution of it needs some tweaking. Lot of young people with no real experience or understanding of how to cultivate a culture for sustainability. They are only out to catapult their friends or favorites into positions of authority
Pros
Flexible hours, easy pay great customers
Cons
Poor management, no advancement, favoritisms, lack of motivation
The job itself is easy enough and the hours are very flexible but the support team they currently have in place is not always helpful. The amount of effort required for most tasks assigned often outweighs the pay.
La aplicación es una buena manera de ganar dinero extra, pero desafortunadamente en los últimos tiempo la empresa contrato muchos shoppers y la cantidad de batches que puedes hacer al día se vio afectada. La atención al cliente (shopper) es pésima, nunca tienen una respuesta concreta.
Me gusto mucho ser parte de instacart, pero últimamente se hizo difícil tomar los batches, algo pasa y lo sabemos, muchas veces sin querer tome batches a 1 hora de mi ubicación por muy poca ganancia y los rechazaba, pero de verdad que tuve muy buena experiencia, lamento no poder seguir con ellos, porque así lo decidieron, pero si los recomiendo.
I have been so happy being a personal shopper the best part is you work when you want. Great tips and great people and the technology is amazing ! I recommend anyone to start shopping today !!
Shoppers are held to impossible metric standards in high volume stores, long-time employees are subsequently fired, leading to high turnover rate. Suddenly reduced hours and more new hires result in a hostile and competitive workplace. Shift leads are not paid enough for the massive workload (40+ employees at times, only making a dollar more than employees) and often have to work off the clock. Managers are unresponsive at best, and do not listen to feedback from employees at all whatsoever.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Little to no contact with management, impossible standards, constantly changing policies
As an Instacart Shift Lead, I am responsible for supervising and managing a team of In Store Shoppers in their day to day activities. This includes creating and maintaining a job site culture that meets and upholds Instacart’s Core Values. It also includes motivating and driving shoppers to meet and exceed metric goals.
Working here was great. Scheduling was as flexible and competitive with hours being handed to you as you do well at the job if you slack you don't get hours super simple and it's a great job for someone who loves to work alone as well as help others. A typical work day included food shopping at a fast pace for costumers to enjoy what they want. the most difficult thing about the job was replacing items that costumers asked for but was not in the store I worked at
insta cart was pretty cool the team was awesome and the team leaders was awesome as well the fun days were amazing and the hemisphere was awesome and inviting
Pros
gknpir3n
I learned so much about the startup culture and how large companies work in order to become industry leaders. From a management perspective, it was a challenge that I enjoyed each day with my team.
There was a lot of camaraderie at Instacart and the company as a whole was always concerned about the culture of the company. Lots of company mixers and lots of food. My only flaw is that this company lacked a lot of room for growth for me. It also mostly had its geared focused on business expansion and had no time to tend to its creative potential as a company.
Pros
free lunches, happy hours on friday, good benefits, snacks
Cons
lack of advancement
Lots of talented people at Instacart will be there for you to collaborate on projects and give you feedback on your work. Always new roles to get promoted into as they hire from within quite often.
Super fun people to work with. Everyone from the top down is very engaging in order for you to be the best you can be. It's still a start up so you never know what you are going to get!