Instacart
61Average
2.8

Instacart Employee Reviews

Featured review
Instacart selected this as a representative review
Late stage tech
Instacart is everything I thought it would be, both good and bad. Similar to any high growth environment, there are constant time crunches with unrealistic expectations. I enjoy and dislike this at the same time :).
It is ok
You can take what ever deliveries you want and work hours you want. It is good as a second job. Also good when you have children at home. I would recommend this job.
Great job
If you like touching eggplant all day and making people smile this is the job for you! Great flexibility and endless opportunities to contract Covid 19
I love that it was flexible.
It was a good job to have but there wasn't any leaders or managers on site so it was difficult to get any help if you needed it. Overall it was a good job.
I love working on my own time
With InstaCart, I am my own boss. I can fill grocery orders on my own time It is a saving grace during COVID-19 and I plan to continue doing it as a side income when this mess is over just because it is so nice to not have anyone to answer to, and to feel like I'm doing something meaningful for people who can't get their own groceries.
Pros
On my own time
Cons
Using my car
Care to share?
Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.
Great
really enjoy working for instacart. Friendly people, make other peoples day, customer service is always the number 1 priority. So far so good im happy shopping for customers
Good job
Working with Instacart has been a fun experience. Depending on what jobs you pick you can make up to $20 an hour or more. I will say that since they lost their contract with Whole Foods a lot of the jobs have been a lot cheaper and it hasn’t been as busy but it is still a very good job to work at I love it and do it on my spare time
Worth a side job
I’m using instacart as a side job and I say it’s worth it only problem solve encountered was the customer not replying. But Instacart still paid me for the batch even though it wasn’t finished
N/a
Buena empresa de deliverys y compra de comidas pero no es un salario suficiente
flexible
if your looking to make some extra cash or if your priority is being free to do something else on short notice this is a good job but not if you plan on making it your primary income.
They have improved the app.
Check in your area and make sure it’s beneficial to work with this app. When I first started it last year it was still new in the area and at the time I barely received batches. Now I receive a lot of batches daily. This is helpful and keeps a weekly paycheck going. It’s great as a side job.
Worse unorganized company ever
Multiple times my personal information was changed! They are no help when it comes to fixing THEIR MISTAKES! This is the 4th time they mess up on my paper work! They steel your tips when an item is not found on the shelf(as if it’s our fault) when we we have no control over the shipments and restocking.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
They steal your tips
Take this job only if you need work and get out as fast as you can.
This job offers nothing except some money. Only if you need to work because you can't find anything else take this job. There are other jobs out there if you like to drive. I recommend Uber, Lyft or Door Dash.
Decent
The glory days are over, but there is still some money to be made. Batch pay ranges from $7 to $50, so you never know what you're going to get. It's fun but can be frustrating.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Low Wages if the customer doesn't tip, Delivery areas are too large
Treats Shoppers Poorly
Company sucks! Worked with them for 2 years and they all of a sudden deactivated my account called them 5 times and no reason was given for the deactivation and no one has been able to help me get the issue resolved.
All great things
I honestly loved instacart and i wish it was used by more people. Many people are starting to use it now but not all see the importance. Instacart helps others get food when they can not. Best company in my opinion.
Paycuts
I was averaging at least $15.50 to $17.00 with the service pay, and now I get paid $14.25 hourly rate. They also changed the metric from 80 to 75 seconds per item, and added the incomplete delivery metric.
The shopper metrics system is severely flawed and needs to be revamped!
High turnover rate, low pay, a worthless metrics system, and horrible support equals a job that's way too stressful for the amount it pays... I would recommend being a contracted full service driver instead of a company hired in-store shopper!
Shift lead
This job is completely flexible and full of change and compromise. You’ll learn and adapt to new procedures , policies and incorporate your customer service and time management skills.
Fun and flexible place to work.
I enjoyed my time working with the company. The employees that I managed really kept me going to see the improvements made was great! Meeting tons of people and potential employees.
Pros
Flexibility of scheduling
Cons
No paid holidays
Horrible pay and no incentives
This is the worst place I've ever had the luck of working with. The pay is by far the worst I've had in all the years of working in customer service. There is no incentive to staying on, and Instacart makes you just about fight for batches in addition to forcing you to stare at your phone constantly.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Instacart. Our community is ready to answer.
2.8
Women's ratings

2.5Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.