Install America Employee Reviews

Professional work involvement. Big time earning potential and career opportunities
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Mohnton, PAFebruary 7, 2018
Schedule and coordinate materials delivery's and projects. Manage install projects from start to finish.
The installers are very professional and knowledgeable. I receive positive feedback from customers daily.You feel like a family. All of the department's work together to provide a fulfilling work experience and customer service experience.
Very thorough training from extremely knowledgeable employees that have years of construction experience. The owners are involved and always available. Professional/ team atmosphere in every department. Great long term career opportunities. Management is very knowledgeable and professional. Good work life balance. I enjoy working with everyone. Vey positive atmosphere.
Pros
Earning potential opportunities. Long term career opportunities Work life balance.
Cons
Not for lazy and unmotivated people.
Love working here, great people good business I see myself working here for a long time this company has been around for a while and just keeps growin
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Mohnton, PAJanuary 17, 2018
Limitless potential
Put in the work and you will be rewarded
You must learn yourself though don’t expect to be babied if you want to make 6 figures
Don’t be scared
I see myself working here for a long time
Drive to homeowners and pitch product
Company has been in business for a long time and only continues to grow
Typical day drive around to appts pitch products
Moderate training Friday’s
Learned how to sell windows,roof,doors...... etc
Management is great
Relaxed workplace culture
Hardest part of the job is homeowners that set an appt but aren’t home
Most enjoyable.......... money money money
Pros
Lots of money
Cons
Long hour. Lots of gas
great environment, very friendly co workers
Call Center Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Mohnton, PAFebruary 9, 2018
I started working here 2 yrs ago. started at the bottom working my way up. I grew very found of my co workers and while we take our job seriously we know how to have fun! Amazing people and great atmosphere! We are all paid hourly but are commission based and there is a ton of money that can be made!

(When we hit our goals as a team we get free lunch from management :))
Pros
with weekly and monthly bonuses you can definitely bring home a hefty check!
Cons
Not to crazy about my hours. I may have gained a few pounds given my position :(
Great work environment anyone can benefit from.
Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  Mohnton, PAFebruary 8, 2018
Install America is a fast growing company, with many opportunities for anyone wishing to succeed. Management and co-workers are very knowledgable and welcoming. During my time at Install America I was able to gain many valuable work-life experiences, which would have not been possible at other organizations. Effort and positivity will get anyone a long way with this company.
Great Opportunities Await
Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Mohnton, PAFebruary 7, 2018
I started from the bottom as an entry level canvasser, worked my way into a call center position, and then advanced to managing several departments here at IA. As long as you have a positive attitude and put in the effort you get what you deserve here. Also the growth of the company in recent years allows for great advancement opportunities for the foreseeable future. Now is the time to get your foot in the door here.
Pros
No office drama, we have our own office gym, great work atmoshpere
Fun workplace with ample oppportunity for advancement.
Lead Generation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mohnton, PAFebruary 6, 2018
This job is a lot of fun. I get the opportunity to talk to about 30-40 folks a day, walking outside in the sun (and sometimes snow lol.) The people in the office are great, I feel like we spend most of our time laughing when we're together. But the best part is I get to talk to people about improving their life through improving their homes.
Pros
Competitive pay. Hourly plus commission.
Cons
Have to be willing to learn, and work.
Install America is a great place to work!
Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Mohnton, PAFebruary 23, 2018
Install gives you the tools to be your own boss. Not only is it a competitive way to make your own money. But it’s a great way to make a very comfortable living for yourself, without beating yourself up day after day! I highly recommended this place to work. Great group of people to represent.
Pros
Great products! Easy to sell..
Cons
Working 6 days a week
Great company with longer term benefits
sales representative (Current Employee) –  Mohnton, PAFebruary 9, 2018
More than a job -- it's a career opportunity. There's a great collaborative atmosphere. lots of room for growth. financial stability.. steady training to keep improving an helping everyone be successful. I highly recommend looking into a career with install america.
wasnt that great of a place
Canvasser (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAMarch 18, 2018
I did not enjoy working for this company. the pay wasn't terrible for what i was doing but I did not approve of management in the least. it seemed that every supervisor I had was either immature of just a jerk.
Fun work environment
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Mohnton, PAFebruary 7, 2018
Install America gives you the tools to be your own boss. It is fast paced and competitive, which may not be for everyone, but drives you to be your best. Anyone that is looking to be pushed and compensated for your efforts than this is the place for you!
Pros
Fun, exciting, great managers/co-workers, something different every day
Cons
Can think of any Cons
Great
Call Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Mohnton, PAFebruary 7, 2018
I started work at install America in January and I enjoy working here! The people are great and work with you as a team! I do not plan on looking for employment anywhere else because I love my job!!! Thank you Install America! You are the best!!!
Pros
Growth, benefits
Great Sales & Remodeling Organzation
Bathroom Sales (Current Employee) –  Mohnton, PAFebruary 9, 2018
The Management at Install have high expectations for their staff. And they reward accordingly. They do their best to take care of their employees and customers. Install America is growing leaps and bounds because of this.
Pros
High Earning Potential, Flexible hours
Cons
High Expectations
Shady sales tactics, favoritism
Canvasser (Former Employee) –  Knaurs, paMarch 28, 2018
This place is not high on my list of places to work for. The hours are long and a lot of the hours worked are unpaid due to necessary travel. Work hours are paid but not travel time. They did pay gas expenses.
Pros
Long lunches, decent hourly rate
Cons
Long unpaid travel hours, zero managerial accountability
Great place to start and grow into a career
Canvasser (Current Employee) –  Mohnton, PAJune 2, 2016
Install America is a great company for those looking to gain marketing/sales experience. I started here about a year ago with no experience what so ever. What I did have, however, was the motivation, and the positivity to make the best of this job. What I got when I started at Install America was some of the best training, and a great pay rate, with awesome incentive bonuses. The management team here really cares about the employees. This is a family owned business, and the environment here at the office is very family oriented. This job is not for everybody, however, if you are a positive and motivated person then you will do exceptional at this job. If you or someone you know is looking to get into the marketing, sales or customer service fields, then come in for an interview. Come in Monday-Friday from 9:30-11 and ask for Phil.
Pros
Availability for advancement
Cons
Not for everybody
Make your own future
Marketing (Current Employee) –  Reading, PaJune 7, 2015
Working for install America has had it's ups and downs. It's a place where you can make the money you want and deserve, but it requires a lot of work.
The management is mostly really nice, and will work with you on any problems you face and are more than happy to help you improve within your job.
The scheduling has been changed almost 3 times in as many months, so that can be a bit stressful.
This is a job that is what you make it, you can push and achieve high levels of success and compensation or you can just think of it as another job and get by.
Pros
Get to see a lot of the beautiful outdoors and country side
Cons
A lot of walking and talking
Sales Program works
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Reading, PAFebruary 9, 2018
Great culture Great team. All the Sales reps want to see other reps succeed and share what works. Training is top notch. Money is awesome. Managers care about their reps.
Sucky job if you need money
Guerrilla Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Mohnton, PADecember 9, 2015
So canvassing at install america is awful because you are treated like dirt and have to work long hours. But at the end of the day, you get to walk around outside and talk to people. It's not a terrible gig, but it's definitely not anything you want to do for an extended period of time. It's basically like a pyramid scheme, but they are transparent about that from the beginning, encouraging everyone to do well for the greater good. But the owners and management have no respect for their workers and the turnaround rate of new employees reflects it.
Great Opportunites Await
Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Mohnton, PAFebruary 8, 2018
I started from the bottom as a canvasser, worked my way into a position inside as a marketer, and now I manage several departments in marketing. As long as you put in the work and stay positive IA rewards you. Also now is a great time to start working here because of the growth we've experienced over that last few years that isn't slowing down any time soon. Get your foot in the door now and greatness awaits.
Pros
Fun work environment, full sized gym in the office
Life-changing career with big rewards for big personalities
Neighborhood Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  1353 Alleghenyville Rd Mohnton, PA 19640June 2, 2016
Install America's neighborhood marketing program allowed me to grow from a young man with too much month at the end of his money into a successful department manager responsible for hiring, training, and managing the top branch in the company.

After generating home improvement leads door to door for nearly seven years with this company, I've learned countless life lessons in presentation, negotiation, motivation, management, and most of all... psychology and human nature.

My co-workers have been more than supportive in maintaining a positive work environment, even in the most mentally challenging of situations. The most enjoyable part of the job is usually the fat bonus check after a big week's performance, but the reward of watching new hires advance in the company quickly never gets old either.

If you or anyone you know is looking for an opportunity to become a successful marketing or sales professional, look no further than Install America.
Pros
Fast advancement potential, lucrative weekly bonus structure
Cons
Challenging daily tasks that aren't for everyone
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  1353 alleghenyville rd, mohnton pa 19540February 9, 2018
Install America gives a lot of opportunitys to people who wanna make good money and learn better social skills with people. Everyone that works at Install America is very friendly and hardworking. Its easy to make friends at Install America. Its also a great place for people looking for a first time job.
Pros
Great working environment, Great people