Install America Employee Reviews

Shady sales tactics, favoritism
Canvasser (Former Employee) –  Knaurs, paMarch 28, 2018
This place is not high on my list of places to work for. The hours are long and a lot of the hours worked are unpaid due to necessary travel. Work hours are paid but not travel time. They did pay gas expenses.
Pros
Long lunches, decent hourly rate
Cons
Long unpaid travel hours, zero managerial accountability
Install America is a great place to work!
Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Mohnton, PAFebruary 23, 2018
Install gives you the tools to be your own boss. Not only is it a competitive way to make your own money. But it’s a great way to make a very comfortable living for yourself, without beating yourself up day after day! I highly recommended this place to work. Great group of people to represent.
Pros
Great products! Easy to sell..
Cons
Working 6 days a week
Installer (Current Employee) –  Mohnton, PAFebruary 10, 2018
Install America is a great place to be an installer, project managers are very professional with tremendous experience, overall a great place to work.
Pros
Family Owned, Experiencing Growth
Cons
N/a
Fantastic Team-Oriented Environment.
Management (Current Employee) –  Mohnton, PAFebruary 9, 2018
I enjoy coming to work every day because all of my colleagues are wonderful to be around. The hours fly by in this fast-paced industry. There is plenty of room for vertical growth in this rapidly expanding company.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  1353 alleghenyville rd, mohnton pa 19540February 9, 2018
Install America gives a lot of opportunitys to people who wanna make good money and learn better social skills with people. Everyone that works at Install America is very friendly and hardworking. Its easy to make friends at Install America. Its also a great place for people looking for a first time job.
Pros
Great working environment, Great people
Cons
great environment, very friendly co workers
Call Center Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Mohnton, PAFebruary 9, 2018
I started working here 2 yrs ago. started at the bottom working my way up. I grew very found of my co workers and while we take our job seriously we know how to have fun! Amazing people and great atmosphere! We are all paid hourly but are commission based and there is a ton of money that can be made!

(When we hit our goals as a team we get free lunch from management :))
Pros
with weekly and monthly bonuses you can definitely bring home a hefty check!
Cons
Not to crazy about my hours. I may have gained a few pounds given my position :(
Great company with longer term benefits
sales representative (Current Employee) –  Mohnton, PAFebruary 9, 2018
More than a job -- it's a career opportunity. There's a great collaborative atmosphere. lots of room for growth. financial stability.. steady training to keep improving an helping everyone be successful. I highly recommend looking into a career with install america.
Sales Program works
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Reading, PAFebruary 9, 2018
Great culture Great team. All the Sales reps want to see other reps succeed and share what works. Training is top notch. Money is awesome. Managers care about their reps.
Great Sales & Remodeling Organzation
Bathroom Sales (Current Employee) –  Mohnton, PAFebruary 9, 2018
The Management at Install have high expectations for their staff. And they reward accordingly. They do their best to take care of their employees and customers. Install America is growing leaps and bounds because of this.
Pros
High Earning Potential, Flexible hours
Cons
High Expectations
Great work environment anyone can benefit from.
Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  Mohnton, PAFebruary 8, 2018
Install America is a fast growing company, with many opportunities for anyone wishing to succeed. Management and co-workers are very knowledgable and welcoming. During my time at Install America I was able to gain many valuable work-life experiences, which would have not been possible at other organizations. Effort and positivity will get anyone a long way with this company.
Great Opportunites Await
Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Mohnton, PAFebruary 8, 2018
I started from the bottom as a canvasser, worked my way into a position inside as a marketer, and now I manage several departments in marketing. As long as you put in the work and stay positive IA rewards you. Also now is a great time to start working here because of the growth we've experienced over that last few years that isn't slowing down any time soon. Get your foot in the door now and greatness awaits.
Pros
Fun work environment, full sized gym in the office
Fun work environment
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Mohnton, PAFebruary 7, 2018
Install America gives you the tools to be your own boss. It is fast paced and competitive, which may not be for everyone, but drives you to be your best. Anyone that is looking to be pushed and compensated for your efforts than this is the place for you!
Pros
Fun, exciting, great managers/co-workers, something different every day
Cons
Can think of any Cons
Great
Call Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Mohnton, PAFebruary 7, 2018
I started work at install America in January and I enjoy working here! The people are great and work with you as a team! I do not plan on looking for employment anywhere else because I love my job!!! Thank you Install America! You are the best!!!
Pros
Growth, benefits
Great Opportunities Await
Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Mohnton, PAFebruary 7, 2018
I started from the bottom as an entry level canvasser, worked my way into a call center position, and then advanced to managing several departments here at IA. As long as you have a positive attitude and put in the effort you get what you deserve here. Also the growth of the company in recent years allows for great advancement opportunities for the foreseeable future. Now is the time to get your foot in the door here.
Pros
No office drama, we have our own office gym, great work atmoshpere
Professional work involvement. Big time earning potential and career opportunities
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Mohnton, PAFebruary 7, 2018
Schedule and coordinate materials delivery's and projects. Manage install projects from start to finish.
The installers are very professional and knowledgeable. I receive positive feedback from customers daily.You feel like a family. All of the department's work together to provide a fulfilling work experience and customer service experience.
Very thorough training from extremely knowledgeable employees that have years of construction experience. The owners are involved and always available. Professional/ team atmosphere in every department. Great long term career opportunities. Management is very knowledgeable and professional. Good work life balance. I enjoy working with everyone. Vey positive atmosphere.
Pros
Earning potential opportunities. Long term career opportunities Work life balance.
Cons
Not for lazy and unmotivated people.
Fun workplace with ample oppportunity for advancement.
Lead Generation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mohnton, PAFebruary 6, 2018
This job is a lot of fun. I get the opportunity to talk to about 30-40 folks a day, walking outside in the sun (and sometimes snow lol.) The people in the office are great, I feel like we spend most of our time laughing when we're together. But the best part is I get to talk to people about improving their life through improving their homes.
Pros
Competitive pay. Hourly plus commission.
Cons
Have to be willing to learn, and work.
Great company to work for
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNFebruary 5, 2018
This is a great company to work for!
I enjoy working with all my managers and coworkers.. The hardest part of my job is multi-tasking. I've learned soo much about home improvement and how this industry works bc I've held a couple different positions here.
Love working here, great people good business I see myself working here for a long time this company has been around for a while and just keeps growin
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Mohnton, PAJanuary 17, 2018
Limitless potential
Put in the work and you will be rewarded
You must learn yourself though don’t expect to be babied if you want to make 6 figures
Don’t be scared
I see myself working here for a long time
Drive to homeowners and pitch product
Company has been in business for a long time and only continues to grow
Typical day drive around to appts pitch products
Moderate training Friday’s
Learned how to sell windows,roof,doors...... etc
Management is great
Relaxed workplace culture
Hardest part of the job is homeowners that set an appt but aren’t home
Most enjoyable.......... money money money
Pros
Lots of money
Cons
Long hour. Lots of gas
Serious lack of training for your job! Additionally, hypocritica managers! No real integrity to this company.
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Mohnton, PAAugust 17, 2017
You are thrown into a position with little or no training, then constantly chastised for not doing the job correctly. A single day of "training", a carefully prepared, manipulative "script is gone through a couple of times and then you are thrown to the wolves!
Work involved calling countless "leads", and doing your best to manipulate potential customers into agreeing to a live, in-house demonstration of whatever 'home remodeling' product they were interested in. Numerous times, people that we called said either that the work was already completed, or that they were no longer interested. THAT would be the end of it for any reputable company, but not this one! We were told to call them back in 60 days, and try to sell them a different product. Additionally, despite being repeatedly being asked to be "taken off the list", that was against their policy, and it was evident that they couldn't care less about what their "customers" wanted.
This was the hardest part of working there.
Constantly being told what not to do, then watching managers doing the same thing themselves: Greatly extended lunches, extended personal phone conversations during working hours and general hypocrisy. Belittled in front of others is also one of the managers methods they use to make you feel small and keep you in line.
Big promises of bonuses are given, yet only a "select" few are given the good leads; which have any hope of being fruitful.
I saw early on that my time there would be very short, due the duplicitous nature of nearly anyone in power.
I lasted 3 weeks.
Pros
Promise of high earnings potential.
Cons
Really poor and hypocritical management. Continued harassment of potential customers.
It was awful.
Canvasser/Field Manager (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, TNJuly 17, 2017
There was no money in it I worked my butt off and didn't get paid what I was told I would. The company is terrible so are the people. I was told It would be full time hours and pay. I got neither one of those things.
Pros
Nothing.
Cons
Nothing great about this place